Conrad Centennial Singapore

raspberrybay

Hi Sallee,

I am considering Conrads too. But still have not decide the dates yet. it will be either end of 2006 or begining of 2007.

But I would like to know the layout of your wedding. Do send me the pictures to [email protected]

Thank you.

skinny_salee

Hi, i m so sori that i have some problem sending picture message to u gals.. i had been trying for whole day liao but still cannot.. so sad. maybe i will try 2 send to u gals another day using my sis pc.. sori

demure

cher

t-dragon's service is good.....the ladies there are very friendly and customer-oriented. they never get stressed up even tho they may have to attend more than 1 grp of customers at a time.
happy.gif

landy

demure, thak you for ur advice.. i gog dwn this sat to check it out!! aniway, sounds like conrad is very popular.. KS bride: you can contact conrad to get the quotation directly.. u can contact Cathryn - [email protected]

Hi all,

I'm new here. Actually now considering where to hold my wedding dinner which will be in May 2006. I always wanted to hold my wedding at fullerton. Any advice or comments on that place? Or any other recommendations?

blue_mist

Hi preciousthoughts,

I think conrad and fullerton are both pretty competitive, they were my final two hotels to decide between
happy.gif

The pros for conrad are of course its ballroom, really roomy and grand. However, some of its perks are not as attractive as fullerton, such as having to pay for a projector.

I feel that Fullerton's only drawback is it's longish ballroom. However, they make up for that with the provision of 2 free projectors. Also, the perks are great and the whole feel of the place is really romantic and dreamy. Haha, as you may guessed, Fullerton's my final choice
wink.gif
Ok, I shall not say more since this is a conrad thread. I suggest that you review the thread for 'The Fullerton' including their archive records for more info. Hope to see you there
happy.gif

landy

Hi sallee, any way to show ur photos of ur ballroom? cos i m planning for the decoration.. getting my florist to give me a quotation
happy.gif

skinny_salee

hi cher, me still have problem sending pic message to u.. but i can let u know wat i add for the extra.. i had 28 tables, all my tables wif a centre pic flowers which is same as the red tables given, i add organza for my chairs for all tables. each table 6 organza tie alternately. And a big pic of organza over my every tables. actually, all my tables is the same as the red table they given, except the organza for chairs, red tables given 12 organza but u need only 6 for other tables or else it will look messy.. sallee

skinny_salee

hi cher, me still have problem sending pics message to u.. but i can let u know wat i add for the extra.. i had 28 tables, all my tables wif a centre pics flowers which is same as the red tables given, i add organza for my chairs for all tables. each table 6 organza tie alternately. And a pic of organza over my every tables. actually, all my tables is the same as the red table they given, except the organza for chairs, red tables given 12 organza but u need only 6 for the other tables or else it will look messy and costly. i think my was gold theme, all my organza was gold color and all my roses off-white color.. sorry

landy

Hi Sallee, how about the flowers? did u have additional flowers to make the ballroom looks more grand? cos conrad only giving 4 stands along the aisle

skinny_salee

Hi cher, i did not have additional flowers, mine also given 4 stands along the aisle.. maybe becoz every tables looks grand, so the whole ballroom looks very grand liao. so me also forgot to add flowers along the aisle.

landy

hi Sallee, i will be adding flowers in the ballroom.. hehee my sis is a florist so i only need to pay of the raw material
happy.gif
BTW who was ur co-ordinator? mines Catheryn

landy

hi sallee.my wedding is in sept 05.. but me & my hubby travel for work.. so have to settle things earlier..luckily i have my sis to help me with the decor
happy.gif

hilsywong

Hi everyone, I'm considering having my solomnisation/dinner at conrad. I'm based overseas so I'm wondering if anyone has photos of the ballroom to share. I'd like to have an idea of the layout and set up of the ballroom. Also, any photos of poolside solomnisation?

My email: [email protected]

Thanks so much!
happy.gif

lourdes

hi all,

does anyone knows how much deposit we have to pay if we book with conrad?
does conrad held any wedding show so far?

thanks alot...

tanel

Hello! My wedding will also be held at Conrad.
happy.gif
Just like to check: do any of you know if Conrad allows us to order a real wedding cake from external suppliers? Or do we have to book with Conrad only?

puiggy

Hi EL,

i visited the ballroom over the weekend and e couple hosting their AD had a real cake made from external supplier so i believe they do allow it... some hotels though charge a service fee though when u bring ur own cake so it's better to confirm wif ur coordinator

hi lilacblur... u've got mail!

yukiee

halloo..
im a conrad btb...can anyone send me pics of the ballroom..am tinking hw to decorate the ballroom..thanx.... :p

junibride

hi gals, im also a conrad bride.AD is in June. Do u know how much is it to rent the projector? ans is one projector enough for the whole ballroom or do u need 2, 1 for each side? Pls advise. Thanks alot!
kao_smile.gif

binbin

hi juni bride, sorry can't find the prices for the projector. as to the number, because the projectors are on either side of the stage, u need two, or else ppl sitting on the left trying to look at the projector on the right will have problem coz block by stage.

preci0usm0ments

thanks puiggy, i was wondering who's the kind soul who sent to me haha
u signed with puiggy? who's your contact person? i left a message to meet them up, but till now noone has called me
sad.gif

puiggy

hi lilacblur

nope i'm not yet a conrad btb... still trying decide between conrad n shang... tough choice though *sigh*... btw haf u decided on ur venue yet or what haf u shortlisted done until?

u can trying contact catheryn @ 64327176. i think they very bz pple so it's better if u give them a call instead.

landy

hi lilac, call Catheryn .. if she is busy, there will be someone to take down ur message. usually she returns ur call on the same day.

benbang

Hi Sallee,

Can you share you pictures with me too ??
happy.gif
thanks alot , btw i am going to sign with conrad next wed, my coor is mark, very very very nice guy, new in conrad but have lots of good advice and perks given is pretty comparable
happy.gif

chenchen

Hi all,

If anyone has either attended a wedding or already held a wedding at Conrad, could you let me know how the food was? I've got some pretty picky relatives and am a bit worried what the quality of the food is like on AD.

Thanks tonnes.
happy.gif

binbin

helo iamschizoid, dun worry abt the food. my AD dinner was even better than food tasting. had excellent comments about the wedding dinner, esp the sharks fin and lotus rice. rest assured their dishes maintain a high standard, they wun compromise on quality.
happy.gif
seriously speaking, u cant please everyone on ur wedding day. if there's picky relatives who just complains about food, ask them if they wld prefer go restaurant instead lah. hehehhee, sollie me feeling grouchy.

chenchen

Hi BinBin,
Thanks for your feedback. Yeah, I know we shouldn't be too concerned with pleasing everybody. It's just that most of my relatives are flying in from overseas so they may be a bit disappointed if the food is not up to standard. <sigh> Personally, I don't give a rat's @$$ but my parents might... heheh. It's all about the face factor, I guess.

Oh, by the way, were you one of the ones that topped up on the floral arrangements? I happened to drop by the ballroom on two different occasions and noticed that there was a huge difference in the flowers so was wondering if that was the result of forking out more money. On day 1, I saw only cream roses in the aisle stands, on another day, there were huge lilies there in addition to the roses. Hmm... if anyone besides Binbin knows, would also like to hear from you...
happy.gif

puiggy

hi iamschizoid,

I believe e lilies might be an upgrade 'cuz on 2 occasions when i took a peep at e wedding preps of other brides, they were all cream roses n orchids for e centrepieces.

cant say much about e food 'cuz i never tried it but heard pretty gd reviews bout it though.

hi all

I'm juz wondering if anyone felt that e wordings in the ctt seems too serious esp e cancellation clause... penalty seems kinda unreasonable

binbin

helo iamschizoid, yes i did top up on floral arrangemens, but by my own florist. I had lillies too on my reception table, but i am sure that's not by my florist, so shld be by conrad. i dun remember if my aisle stands have lillies though. I supposed it depends on what kind of flowers they have that day? if they have roses and orchids only, they will give those. but for table centrepiece, i guess its fixed, just white orchids. unless there's changes since my wedding.
happy.gif

puiggy, what words in the clause u referring to? i suppose those are standard lines in a wedding dinner contract.....shld be the same for any hotel....
happy.gif
don't worry abt it.

puiggy

hi binbin

the clause refers to cancellation after signing the ctt. it states tt upon cancellation of more than 60 days, e couple forfeits e deposit paid + 50% of e dinner cost which easily adds to more than 10k... i feel e clause is quite unreasonable esp since i'm signing 18 mths in advance of my AD. i've spoken to my coordinator who says this is e standard clause n mngt will not approve to remove it.

can't help feeling like i'm gg sign a blank cheque though
sad.gif
do u haf a similar clause in ur contract?

sweets

Puiggy,
I had the same problem as well, we tried very very hard to get the clause altered to allow us to change an alternate date, but it was rejected. Its apparently a very common clause that protects the hotel's interests I guess.

iamschizoid, I did my own center pieces and got Conrad to help get some matching orchids for me. Turned out pretty good
happy.gif

binbin

helo puiggy, yep its the same clause. actually every hotel should have this, its to protect their interests. but seriously speaking, i have heard of cases where the couple had valid reasons to change and they were accomodated. think it was during sars period. i guess it all depends on the validity of ur reasons and the case by case situation. so dun worry too much abt this kinda small details ah. i signed mine 16 mths before my wedding. we were quite worried about the date as tongshu not out yet, but it turns out fine. no point thinking and worrying abt something that may not happen right?
happy.gif
do enjoy your wedding preps dear...

chenchen

Hi Binbin, puiggy and sweets,

Thanks tonnes for your feedback and advice. Really appreciate it. I think Catheryn's pretty busy these days so she suggested that I talk to her colleague, Mark. Anybody's heard of him?

Sweets, when you say you made your own centrepieces, you mean you did your own floral arrangement? Or did you do something creative with candles and things? How did you manage to find the time to make over 30 of them and wasn't it more expensive? That's quite impressive.
happy.gif

binbin

helo iamschizoid, think mark is new. felt like have heard someone mention the name before, and apparently good comments. don't worry.
happy.gif

sweets

iamschizoid ,
It was cheaper to make my own centerpieces than to get a florist or Conrad to make it
happy.gif
I decorated pillar candles of various heights and placed them on a charger plate (I'd gotten those on sale before in the States for USD2-3 bucks each) and got Conrad to help me with the green orchids. Time wise, I did them a month before the wedding and just dropped it off with my coordinator 2 days before. She was the one who made sure things worked out.
happy.gif
Also did my own menus and wedding favors...no budget so got to be more creative
happy.gif