Conrad Centennial Singapore

claire_ch3

Hi all!
Seems like this thread is pretty quiet.. Where are all the Conrad brides?
Would like to seek your advice on what offers have you negotiated for especially for wine? I'm interested in Conrad but the prices are steep. Can pm me please? Thanks alot!

alphie, heard that the price increase is not exactly lately, but has been for some time since the beginning of the year already.

nikki, did u manage to win any bargains?

pinkooo

HI to all bride

>Im holding my banq @ conrad tis dec-weekdays. i didnt see PRAWN & scallops on the choice of menu. (was it only for weekend banq).

>any1 not taking the wedding fav frm conrad?

angeldust

Hi bee,

Yes. the menu for prawn & scallops is weekend menu.
happy.gif

garcia

Hi happyface,

The wedding favours for Conrad for 2006 is either fruitcakes or chocolates. Not too sure if they will change it for 2007.

The chocolates are quite yummy!
happy.gif

pinkooo

hi all,
happyface: ya mine r chocolates? i wanted something more unique.

Does any1 know if we can top-up some $ to get other fav?
or maybe get other discount if we dun take their fav?

yum seng

moninet

hi Conrad BTB,

my wedding was 2 weeks back & am now selling off my church & bridal car deco.. mine was blue theme, so if any BTB r interested to buy over, pls do PM me
happy.gif

melody_wong

Hi gals, any of u had a Western banquet at Conrad b4? 4-course? How was it? We're thinking of doing a western lunch, chinese 8-course seems too predictable (esp the last dish of ee fu noodles! it was a funny joke at my pal's wedding last week, when someone asked, is dinner almost finish, and a friend replied, no la, the ee fu noodle not served yet, and as expected, the famous noodle came along! :p)

Conrad also have this Reception de Marriage at $98+++ per head. Anyone had that? Is it a full western meal?

mintee

hm..this thread seems so quiet... guess all the BTB are bz with last minute wedding preparations. Heard that Conrad is fully booked for every single day in Dec this yr!

millh

Hi all

I'm also interested in Conrad wedding banquet pricelist for 2007/2008

If you got it, please PM me

Thanks a lot

junegroom

hi,

may i know if anyone has encountered a situation whereby you cannot meet the minimum number of tables for your wedding?

What happens then? Do u have to just accept the losses or does the hotel allow you to "spend" the un-used tables on the hotel's services and products (e.g buying wine, food and beverage vouchers)?

anyone knows?

ladyk

<font color="0077aa">Hi all beautiful conrad brides &amp; BTB,

i'm currently considering conrad for a wedding luncheon. any comments? can send me the package for 07?? Thanks a zillion!!

[email protected]</font>

angeldust

Hi Junegroom,

Personally, I have not encountered this situation but I can offer my humble opinion. The min tables are for hotels to ensure their profitability per event. Therefore if u cant meet the min, u can try to speak to the hotel on the following:

a) Consume the unused tables for another occasion say within 3 mths - can use for CNY, X'mas or celebrations
b) Pay for Hotel wines/liquor/beer using the unused table amounts.
c) worse case, absorbed the amts.

Think B is probably the most viable.

Hope this helps.

yelody

Hi,

I'm also considering of having mine at Conrad.

What are the things that we can negotiate or exchange for?

Do they provide free waiver of cockage charge?

Thank You!

sspl

hi, jus dropping by, attended a wedding lately.. food not as gd as expected from high rating hotel.. food was cold and dishes not very tasty.. for a table of $1300+, wasnt really worth the price..

boxingbride

Hello all BTB,

I am a conrad bride last year. Today, as hubby and me celebrate our first year wedding anniversary, we also treaure and thank all the wonderful help of conrad staff for making our wedding event a memorable one. We have never regret our decision to hold our wedding there. Hope that your hubby and you will also share the same happiness as us when both of you look back at the wonderful times...

kentia

Hi Conrad brides!

Can I get some feedback on the food at Conrad? I've read in the threads that some people mentioned the food was cold when it was served.

Did anyone have that encounter as well?

kentia

Hi Clarinda,

Last checked, 2008 package is not out and they are not open for booking for 2008 yet. According to the catering manager I spoke too, it should be out sometime in April.

Hopes this helps
happy.gif

kentia

Hi Yelody,

When I went down Conrad to discuss the package, I managed to get the catering manager to waive 1 carton of wine, se can't give more than that.

You can try to nego for 1 additional night stay (they only give one night stay in the package), and prolly additional parking or helper's room. Pretty standard stuff since they already include almost everything in the package.

berrie27

2008 Package is now for booking. Im doing it in Jan 08. Mine coordinator is Maran and he is really nice. Conrad is grand and service is superb from the times i was there. Its pricey about $1200 / table but for 12 pax/ so about $100/pax. same as other 5 star hotel. best thing is there is only 1 ballroom so there will only be 1 wedding a day. Ive narrowed down to Conrad, regents and oriental. most prob will go for conrad. it looks too good!

moopo

hi all,

To all conrad brides or BTB, have anyone of you been served by Catheryn Tan before? is she good??
i read so many good comments on Maran, but how come i never hear his name before.
can anyone share with me? thanks!

moopo

Feedback needed!!

To all conrad brides &amp; BTB, can anyone of you share with me is it true that if our AD is on s Sat or Sun, the co-ordinator/manager will not be present during our dinner???
Because i met up with 1 of the manager, but she told me they dont work on weekends, and therefore will not be present during my AD dinner! I am so SHOCKED bcoz what if we have last min hiccups on the ballroom, decor etc...who to find then??? And who is going to co-ordinate things for me???

Can anyone of you please please advice me? Thank u so much!

garcia

Hi Moopo,

Not to worry. On your AD, there will usually be a Banquet Manager who will be responsible for all the operational matters. We had our wedding dinners in Conrad in Sept 06, and it was truly memorable.

Sometimes, your coordinator may just drop by your dinner to ensure everything is ok but they dont have to as the Banquet Manager takes over on AD.

Our coordinator was Maran Gopal and banquet manager was Dalland Soo. Both are highly recommended!

moopo

Hi Garcia10,

Thank u so much! oh, i din know the banquet mgr will actuali take over the duties. Hehehe!

Erm..my coordinator is new, she just join few mths back, and the mgr is catheryn (actuali she is senior assistant director).
Too bad i cant change my coordinator liao.
sad.gif

Anyway thz! now i got to vex over the dates coz tis morn my 1st choice of date was taken....sob!

moopo

hi all,

To all conrad brides or BTB, have anyone of you been served by Catheryn Tan before? is she good?? can anyone share with me? thanks!

berrie27

Yah Maran is good and he really tries to push for your requests. Im still negotiating some perks with him. hope he can pull it thru. yah the normal perks are extra night at bridal suite, helper's room, projector, corkage waiver, parking etc... Im still askin for other things.

FOOD! any feedback? good? served cold? isit true?

mintee

Hi Garcia cld u share with me when your coordinator will contact you after you sign up? I signed up last year and my wedding is in 4mths time. but till now my coordinator hasn't contacted me even though she had told me she will start to call me in Jan 07 for my preparations
sad.gif

small2hand

hi strawberrie,

can you share you banquet item list with me? i'm also very keen with conrad and already made contact with maran for appointment. however i see that they have a AV list stating the rental for the equipment...looks like a lot

berrie27

hi doreen,
i do not have soft sopy of the packages, i think u can ask him to email u. Im taking a weekend package $1088+++. He threw in perks like waiver of 2 bottle of wine corkage, 2 night bridal suite, carpark etc... the usual thing. Im still undecided as oriental is throwin in free flow beer. someting im negotiating with him with. normally equipments like projector they will let complimentary use, ask for it. bottomline, look at other hotels perks. ask them to match or ask what else they can offer. Hope this helps!!!