Conrad Centennial Singapore

bebee

just went to view the ballroom last weekend and saw the wedding set up there. flowers a bit sparse... but fh n i like conrad. Blessedbride, any tips on what I should bargain for in my contract? thx

sweets

Hey Blessedbride and bebe,
I just had my wedding dinner at Conrad this past June 28th. Husband and I had a lovely time. Conrad did really well with their presentation of food etc and the service we had from them was superb. On hindsight, I really appreciate having such an involved team of managers from Conrad helping me. I was very laid back in my preparations and they were the ones who were reminding my husband and I the details that needed to be looked into. On the actual nite of the dinner, our coordinator actually stayed through the whole event, even the GM. They even held food trials to make sure that they were able to manage with the menus that we asked for. Even though there was an event before our dinner, they ensured that there was enough staff to turn around the ballroom in good time for us. I would say that every cent was well spent with them
happy.gif

Bebe, don't think there is much to bargain for. Like Ritz Full and Shangrila, Conrad kinda prides itself for 5 star service. Unless maybe its a weekday event, the norms are given. I know that the managers hold discussions daily to ensure that the perks they provide for each couple is inline. Maybe you can try asking for lower corkage, more carpark tickets, extra nite stay etc ? Hope this was helpful
happy.gif

blessedbride

Hi Sweets,

Thanks for your comments....it is really sweet of you to give us your valuable comments...glad that you had enjoyed your wedding banquet...hope mine will be as good as yours...How was the taste of the food? Any advice on which dishes?? sorry for so many questions..wld reaally aappreciate your advice...

Hi bebe,

We tried to remove 1st yr annivesary dinner and 1 dish to exchange for barrel of beer, ommitted the cards...basically can just play around with the items i guess but discount seems not possible..maybe can fight for more corkage waiver...hope this helps.
happy.gif
Anyway, when is your wedding?

sweets

Hey Blessedbride...The food served that night was very good..til today we have guests telling us that they enjoyed the makan quite a lot. Menu wise, we kinda worked with our coordinator to come up with a different menu from the standard one, so not sure if it will be applicable to you. If you are still keen, I can email u the menu. 1 thing awesome was their dessert!! superlicious....
happy.gif

suet

Hi Blessedbride, good choice. Had my wedding in Conrad in May this yr & service was excellent. Until today, my friends were still telling me my wedding banquet was the best so far. She was my coordinator & she said the banquet manager was really helpful & professional. Same as Sweets, my coordinator, Katheryn, was there with us throughout the event. At the end of it, the chef even came to congratulate us & ask if the food was fine.

bebee

Hi Blessedbride, my AD is in Oct 04. stil haven't booked yet, and heard many places been reserved already- sigh, hope I wil be able to get a venue.
Sweets, wow sounds great that you can change the food, I am thinking of that too.

I have not met Katheryn, anyone know if Jennifer is good?

blessedbride

Hi Sue and Sweets..

Thanks for your comments..really appreciate..
Does anyone of you all think that baby blue evening goen might clash w the ballroom at conrad??

suet

I dun think so. Are you the same blessedbride in BV thread? If you are, my EG colour is the same as Mandy's. The ballroom is basically gold so dun take gold as you'll blend with the setting.

Hi Bebe, my coordinator is Katheryn, very nice lady. Yeah, we changed one dish & also swop the order of the food. They can accomodate to that, just let them know after the food tasting.

sweets

Hey blessedbride, Check with Michelle, but blue is a-okay with the color of the ballroom. Like what Sue pointed out, I initally wanted a gold gown pretty badly, but once Michelle pointed that Gold is the color of the ballroom, it made sense to change a different color
happy.gif

Met Debby and her boss today...found out that Conrad's biz is doing super well
happy.gif
Had dinner at Golden Peony and its soooo good...yums
happy.gif

bebee

thx sue for your tips!
funny tho, how come anoone has been served by Jennifer? so far only see names like katheryn... worried cuz the coordinator is very impt rite?
btw, what are the chances I get to upgrade the room? the bigger room definately looks much nicer.

sweets

Hey Bebe, Jennifer just joined the staff at Conrad not long and since most of us booked / enquired some time ago...most of us have yet to have worked with her. However, I have heard many positive feedback abt her
happy.gif
so don't worry ...

I believe that as long as there are suites available, your coordinator will try to bump you up...can always ask though..no harm
happy.gif

blessedbride...let me email u
happy.gif

blessedbride

Hi Sweets,

Thanks for your email..and i realised that you also went for 8 course dinner. What did you exchange for ??

I saw that the dessert is named as "dessert buffet".. you mean guests can choose in a reception style (buffet style) how many types are there? Or they get to order a few and they will serve the guests???

Is item 6 a kind of soup??

Sorry for so many questions..hehe

sweets

Hey Blessed Bride,

We actually topped up our menu and decided that with the yummlicious dessert buffet, the guests wun need all 10 course. Plus, 10 courses is really a lot anyway
happy.gif

Dessert Buffet was a selection of like 8-9 items and guests helped themselves to it at the foyer...We had like fresh fruit craving, on the spot crepe and movenpick ice cream etc etc...So the guests kinda mingled and chatted whilst eating.
It cost abt $8 a pax...think Conrad quoted me $10 but we asked them to cut it down. They are pretty flexible and can work around a budget.

No. 6 is a veggie

happy.gif

pot

Hi gals. Can I join this forum too?? I am considering Conrad as well, and think Sweets' idea of buffet dessert is good. Would like to know which desserts are yummy. Sweets, can you help me out? Thanks for the feedback.

I am puzzled over this: Most have a perception that Conrad is expensive. However, looking at their standard package, their price is about $87 per pax (12 per table) versus other hotels (eg, Marina Mandarin, I think, which is popular) which are about $800+++ (thus, $91 per pax). So, Conrad not as expensive right? Am I wrong? Please clarify for me please.

By the way, is the price quoted by Conrad negotiable? Or should I bargain for more perks?

binbin

Pot, well see if i can try to explain. A hotel's prestige is in her repute for world-class service, for beautiful rooms, good food etc. Many have viewed Conrad as a 6 class hotel, and i am not disputing that. The value of Conrad as a dinner venue is related to her standing as a reknown first choice of many well-informed travellers. Table cost wise, she IS more expensive than others. ABout $1100 nett compared to $900 nett (MM).As she have a bigger table acommodating more guests, naturally u wld choose to divide it by 12, but then when u do that the resulting price is not representative of the value of the food/table/service as a whole. you know what i mean? sheraton also have tables of 12... in addition, when you think about having such number of ppl sitting at one table,you will naturally invite more of the same category to fill up the table. in that case, you will tend to invite more ppl than if you have tables of 10. that is the natural doing for weddings, you agree? so u will end up inviting 30 tables of 12 instead of 30 tables of 10. anyway, not sure if you get what i am trying to say hehhhee... :p

For me, even if Conrad has tables of 10 and table price stay the same, i would still choose it even if it means i have to pay more per head. coz I love Conrad and her repute and service is immeasurable as far as I am concerned. It's worth it.....

sweets

Hey POT,
The easiest way to get a menu from Conrad is to ask your coordinator to draw it up for you. Either tell her a budget e.g. $x per head or let her quote you and work from there. I will say , wierd but true, all the dessert that they've arranged for us is super yummy. Actually not too sure if you've tried the food at Golden Peony, but I look forward to eating there everyday...esp their desserts.
I'm actually outstationed at the moment and hence don't have access to my menu..but u can always ask for it from your coordinator..my wedding was held on 28th June this year...they'll be able to pull it up for you
happy.gif

Conrad's pricing is non-negotiable and their perks are pretty standard. You can try if you want to...but I know that they operate under a very strict "fair-game" system...i.e. spend more get more perks..pretty normal
happy.gif

blessedbride

Hi Sweets,

actually what i dont u/s is why do u need to top up for dessrt buffet when you had changed their 10 course or 9 course to 8 course..just a bit puzzled..pls advise as i will be meeting them soon for my wedding in jan... anyway, WRU? now?? : )

bebee

hi al, long time not here, seen al ya discussion on food :p yummy... hey I'm also pondering how to spice up my menu too
happy.gif
my mum finds the high tea to simple, but due to the timing and the dinner slot is already booked, I've no choice but to do an afternoon event. Any tips for how to make the hightea nicer and presentable (esp for picky relatives)
sad.gif

pot

Hi BinBin. Oh...it's that how people think. ok. I was confuse because if you work out per person basis, it doesn't seem to be as expensive. Ok...I now understand the other side of thinking. Thanks.

Hi Sweets, yes. I do have a list already. Guess like your case, it turns out very yummy. So, I shouldn't need to change anything. Everybody has different taste. Do you get to sample the desserts during your food tasting?

sweets

Hi All

Blessedbride, The buffet dessert is not inclusive in the original menu and if you refer to the list of items we had on our menu, the price of that was far higher than the standard menu's per pax prices.
happy.gif
I am actually all over the place, right now in China.

Hello Bebe, maybe you can ask your coordinator to either add a dish or decor the place a bit more ?

POT, during food tasting, we only get to sample the dessert from the original menu (think that's the mango pudding one rite ?) If you'll like to do the whole dessert buffet menu, got to pay the per pax price lor :p ... btw..its SUPER YUMMs!!!
happy.gif
It was a hit at my wedding...grin..so we did not regret doing that extra bit ;)

secret_garden

Hi all,
I have also booked Conrad for my AD in Oct 04. Anyone has their coordinator with Judy? Any comments about their service, food, deco, invite cards, liquor and all? Realli appreciate some comments! Many thanks!

Hi Sweets,
Read that you have a different menu from the standard. can I have a look at your menu list? Would it be fine for you to send to my email addy at [email protected] ? Many Thanks! Is yours a standing buffet? or a sit down chinese dinner? How do you get the dessert buffet at the side of the ballroom? Ample space for that?

Many many thanks!

bubb

Hi Secret Garden,

I see you in the Divine thread too. guess what, I'm with Conrad & Divine too (so is Bin Bin).

Judy is my coordinator, and so far we are very pleased wit her service. Very nice lady and good follow-up from her too. Will be having my food tasting next week, so will update you more.

Invites wise I find the 2 designs that Conrad provides are pretty plain, but no choice have to save $ and just use what they have.

secret_garden

Hi bubb,
really? now you n binbin getting mi so excited
sekali i also take up divine then we 3 will have same venue and same BS!
when is your wedding? you ROM liao?

n so qiao3!your wedding coordinator is judy. When was the last time you seen her? the last time I seen her think she was pregnant. should be give birth liao
happy.gif
Did she call you or 'activate' you? woughly how many months b4 the AD would she start to contact you? any freebies although i know they quite standard
sad.gif
curerntly, what are the themes conrad is having? are the invite cards still the same white lacey kind?

bubb

Hi,

Mine is in early Jan, so lots of preparations to do now.

Also saw her when's she is pregnant. She will do the calling. Maybe about 3 months before, for you to choose the wedding cards. They have the ivory color and the red one. Food tasting about 1 or 2 months before.

However for me, I did the calling first ços I needed to check something with her.Your wedding in Oct right? Relax, still quite long way to go.
Themes? I don't think Conrad has any theme, more like different choices of table-cloth.

binbin

hi bubb and secret garden, hehheheh this is fun!
happy.gif
same tastes.. :p

secret garden, can see u are all over the place very fast, divine thread, here and 04 thread. and u sure sound excited! cool down kae before u burn out.. ;)

secret_garden

Hi bubb,
no theme? but i though conrad has different colour themes? is that equivalent to the table clothes?
so now judy's baby popped out liao?
happy.gif
ya mine still long way, so i wait till she calls me loh!

hi binbin,
i see you also excited
like evrywhere also c u n bubb
happy.gif

sweets

Hey All,
Secret Garden (btw, I love that story), yah, Judy has given birth pretty long ago liao
happy.gif
and yes, the themes are the table clothes...Dun mind sharing my menu with u, but I'm outstationed at the moment so don't have access to it...give me a few days and i can get back to you on that. I have a sit down chinese dinner and the dessert buffet was set up at the foyer, so the guests can mingle outside
happy.gif

Let me try to attach the cards up to show u ok?

Bubb, if you feel like jazzing up the invite a little..can always tie a ribbon or get some embossing or stamps to decor it
happy.gif
but a lot of work lar
happy.gif

pot

Hi Sweets, can I also have your menu list? Greatly appreciate!!!

Hi Gals, I am pondering on invitation card and florist cost problems. any idea how much will invitation card cost? I am looking for cards for my church wedding. Also, how about florist for church decor? Should I DIY? What kind of difference will I be looking at for engaging a florist versue DIY? For DIY, flowers also expensive right?

bubb

Hi Sweets,

So 'sweet 'of you to pop in although you have already had your wedding! (heh heh, pun intended)Anyway I have already printed the cards, so it's ok. I am using the red one which I find it's more interesting than the ivory one. But I am adding a ribbon for my church invite. By the way, I have a strong feeling you are going to stay at the same place at me ços I thought I saw you at that particular thread! Hee...

Hi POT,
Depending on what additional stuff you want to print on the cards, for eg, I needed to add the map so need to pay more$ also. For my church invite, I got mine printed at T-Dragon (same for the dinner one), had a little personalization by adding own drawing. Cost me less than a dollar each but the card is very simple.
Am still sourcing for florist, intially thought of DIY but think no one can help and too much of a hassale.

secret_garden

Hi Sweets,
Thanks for being so helpful!
hehe! I love the story too!
you know judy too?
eh, i thought your coordinator is deby?
what are the different types of 'themes' availbale in conrad?
so you mean after the dinner the guests would then move to the cocktail area to have the dessert buffet? what constitutes the dessert buffet?

For the ballroom deco, did you up the flowers?
take your time with the pics! would be it be fine if i take a look at your wedding pics too?
you can send the link or the photos to my email
[email protected]

Many thanks!

hui78

Hi ladies!
happy.gif

can i join in too?? Jus held my wedding dinner @ conrad last friday! It was wonderful. Their coordinator was fantastic. I din hv to worry abt anything. Was a carefree bride. *heh heh*

U gals dun be too worried. I am sure yours will be great too. for me, everything went on fine except that the food was served alittle too slow. My dinner ended at 11.30pm!

secret garden - i wasn't given the choice to choose the color and type of flower for ballroom decor. Judy says conrad only has one std type which is ivory rose. Quite nice!

wendy76

Hi all

i thought of having my wedding in conrad end of 2004... kindly please advise food and deco...
It a choice between fullerton and conrad...

bubb

Hi Ruth,

Glad to hear from another happy bride!

Just had my food tasting last week and already found the service quite slow, we were all worried they will be that slow on the actual day too...

Actually I don't really like the ivory roses, find the color quite dull
sad.gif
Hoping to be able to change to another color. Oh dear, hope it's possible, will check with Judy next week.

hui78

Hi bubb and blessedbride,

according to wat i observed, i think their servings were slow becos the waiter/waitress got to serve individually. humm...maybe if they dun, it cld be faster.

My dinner started at 8.30pm...took 3 hrs...

blessedbride: let me chk if i still have the soft copy of the menu...if not, will scan and email to you! ;)

sweets

Hey Dawn, Just got to check with your coordinator who will normally try to book u into a bigger suite if its available on the day required
happy.gif

happibridie

Hi Wendy,

I am also deciding between fullerton and conrad.

think conrad's menu is better. and guests' parking is a concern too. guests have to walk quite far for parking at Fullerton One.

what are your concerns?

Sweets,

yeah will ask my coordinator to upgrade me to bigger suite!
happy.gif

happibridie

sweets,

conrad is very rigid on their stage deco. they only have the ivory concept.

I prefer to go for red, which i think will brighten the whole ballroom. I like big red roses. they said i have to top up $500+ to change as they usually use their flowers for 2 weddings. sigh!

colour of the flower is what i am very particular about. now am in dilemma.

what was yours?ivory?

sweets

hey Dawn...actually I did the table decors myself and had my coordinator work it into the decor for me....My flowers were a mixture...I kinda told them my color theme and they did the rest
happy.gif

happibridie

hi sweets,

yeah i am thinking to do the centerpieces myself and have them compromise to do up the rest of the ballroom deco to my preference.

hmm... so from your experience, they will give in right?
happy.gif

then, i may go for conrad then. Still have to talk to them till they give me good perks. ;)

how was your wedding at conrad? was everything good? what do you think need to be improved?
are the dishes really served too slowly?

for the dessert buffet, how was the mood? do pple just eat and ciao? did you and your hubby stand at the door to send the guests off or do your just walk around and mingle with the crowd?

trying to visualise... it's something not common as yet... care to 'teach' me more?

thanks! ;)

app

Hi everyone here,
I had my wedding at Conrad late last month. It was a fantastic wedding. It was really the time of our life. Everyone enjoyed themselves and said the food and services were good. No complaints heard so far. Food was not served slowly.

We had a slightly different program compared to the conventional and the banquet manager carried it out so well. We started at 815pm and ended by 11pm!

All in all we are very happy and satisfied that we chose Conrad.

alvinanna

Hi everyone,

I am more or less decided on Conrad. But can i check which wedding coordinator did you ladies have and any comments ??

Right now, I am liasing with Judy. Is she good ?I understand that she is a manager there. So will she be handling it herself or do i have to request for a coordinator myself?

sweets

Hey alvinanna,
Judy is good
happy.gif
she has a very personal touch
happy.gif
She'll probably be handling the normal liasing with you..and assign you an Ops Manager who will run things in the ballroom itself on that night
happy.gif
You may like to request for this manager called "Ex-sel" dunno exactly how to spell his name but he's very detailed and good
happy.gif
All the best!

katherine

Hi everyone,

Can i join in? i m thinking of doing either a buffet luncheon (in the ballroom) or a buffet dinner by the poolside at Conrad. We went down last sat to view both venues, my hubby finds the ballroom very nice and grand, there was a set up for wedding then, the whole ballroom was white and gold, very nice.....

I liaise with Judy, like her a lot...will be going down this wed to talk to her more..do u girls think it's better to have a luncheon or a buffet dinner? either way, i m looking at buffet..but cannot decide between the pool and ballroom..both looks good!