Choa Chu Kang Cresent / Yew Tee

ahblur

Hihi everyone,

Me got a flat at 683A...
happy.gif

Juz wanna ask u all hows the area there.

meow

Alex,
He got Migrain which happens to sudden, so no choice. He went to sleep hoping it'll be better but it got worst, so we have to go down ourselves. He did offer to ask a colleague to bring us down but he can't really promise if he can find one, so we went down alone lor. Well at least we took quite a number of samples back lar. Now is to look for other options. We prefer ceramic tiles with white base so at least chip won't be so bad. So he say white horse(brand from Malaysia) have this type of tiles. So he'll bring us there this sat at IMM. Hope this time, no more hiccups. Oh, he did offer to treat us Starbucks coffee as a form of compensation but i reject it. I'll prefer price be lower
lame.gif

ahblur

Hi Piggy,

Juz wondering if that area is very quiet at night and if go back home alone late like 11+pm or what, is it dangerous?

And heard that there is only one kopitiam there...*sighz*

And most imptly dont have any direct buses anywhere rite? Maybe must go petition for one...haahaa

ahblur

Hi,

Can anyone tell me whats the haulage/debris removal fees for 5-rm flats at yew tee? Because i need to know this as my id/contractor told us to apply for this ourselves.

alex

Hi AhBur,

I have paid S$180.25/- for hualage of 5-rms. As for debris and permit fees, my ID settled it for FOC. Maybe already include into the package. I think your contractor should be able to know the cost or alternative request your contract to apply for you. Most ID/contractor settle this for customer. You can also call CCK town council to check out the fees.
happy.gif

There is one direct bus from CCKC to Yew Tee MRT. I think is bus no. 302.
happy.gif

Hi Meow,

Good Good, Ask him to give you lower cost for reno.
lame.gif

meow

Alex,
So upset over the weekends leh...
sad.gif
I didn't really manage to find any nice ceramic tiles from white horse. Joseph brought us to other places to look for the tiles. Not really very fascinating too lor. But we still need to start work before chinese 7th month, so we need to buck up a little liao.

Ahblur,
I think the price is what alex has given you. Like you, i've not started my reno yet. Hubby ever check with Town Council and that piece of paper thats pasted at the front of the lift. Go take a look if its still there and jus give them a call to check the price. At least you know you won't be con by your ID.

alex

Hi Meow,

Just a suggestion. Maybe you might want to consider other brands. Can also go to other shop or even to other ID from IMM or neighbourhood where they usually display tiles. Copy down their model number or take (digital pics). I think Joseph will be resourceful enough to find it lor.

Me too during that time start work before 7th month but allow the them to complete after 7th month.. They project 1.5months but I allow them up to 2 month to even finish the minor touch up.

meow

Alex,
If i step in and take a look at the tiles, the guys standing outside sure won't let us go wan. Last saturday we meet Joseph in afternoon, there a lot of staff standing outside the shop trying to "catch" customers. So scary leh.

angelia

RC Zone 12 residents,

got the following from the property manager..
<FONT COLOR="0000ff">
We understand from the RC that the SARS kits can be collected on every
Friday from 8.00pm at the RC centre located at Blk 668 Choa Chu Kang
Crescent #01-287.
You may wish to call them at Tel : 6765 7732 before going over</FONT>

meow

Alex,
What i mean are those at other companies. Not elfa. But now at least they will go serve those who step in to their shop unlike then we need to go ask for them instead lor.

Angelia,
Does that mean i can collect mine too? I didn't receive any letter and my IC hasn't change address yet

piggy

Hi Ahblur,

sorry for late reply...kind Alex has furnished u w the info liao....11+ ar...rather quiet lor...walk along the road where there's traffic...maybe it's better to get someone to accompany u...it's so quiet that we can sometimes hear the cricket (1 oni) downstairs from 10th storey!!!

the clearing of debris is $180.25 lor...checked w town council last time, but haulage and debris paid by my contractor one...got check w haulage oso, the contractor in charge, forgot his name, get details from town council oso...it's ard $800...hear it's negotiable...

thks, Angelia for the info abt the sars kit...tot we might not be able to get it liao...

alex

Hi Meow,
Actually i am also referring to other company and those tiles supplier.
happy.gif
Do enjoy your sourcing.
happy.gif

Hi Piggy,
Wow your area so quite huh... For blk 692 and 691 series. In the morning, sure got auto alarm clock... urrr… I am referring to the "roaring" sound from the bus downstair.
lol.gif

Hi Angelia,
By the way you collect your sars kit liao?

alex

Oooii Adam... Long time did not hear from you... How are your Koi fishes now? I just started to rear fish (Lou Han). 1 only. Any idea how to make their big big and more colorful? Please dun advice me to knock their head hor?
biggrin.gif

piggy

yalor, Alex...lucky the cricket is oni there occasionally (maybe got second home somewhere)...got one time, passed by the bushes, the cricket like "v clever", stopped it's noise pollution when we came near the bushes...hubby wana catch it, oso quite difficult...

ya, plus the roaring sound.....but we got used to it and sleep like dead logs liao..for us, even with the alarm clock, we always can snuggle back to sleep one...haha......

meow

Alex,
My home got 3 luo han fish too. If you wish them to change colour, put a background with the colour. My background was white but sand was pinkish red, so the fish turn a little pink. My hubby realise this at fish shop where they use dark red so that they can change colour. Dun know its a believe or pure luck but can try lor. But you must know how to see if its a male or female fish also. Some breed will never change colour one.

adamteo

Alex, I am still alive and kicking...hehe

The kois are doing well also..me dunno abt luo hans leh..

dun really like luo hans. feel they are a bit mutated...hehe

alex

Hi Adam,
Your Kois must be big now. I guess you are using fish tank.

Hi Meow,
Jus clarification. Do you mean the background color will affect the color of the louhan? I think it is very difficult to tell whether if it is a male or female fish lor. Espceially my fish only less than 10cm.

ahblur

Hi Piggy,

Does that mean in total it will cost $180 + $800 for the debris removal and haulage?
So exp ah!?!?! *Faint*

I heard that Sengkang only charging arnd $650 wor...how come there's difference in pricing for different areas hah?

piggy

Ah Blur,

ya, the fees varies in diff areas...this is wat i know la, not sure exactly of the reason.....haulage:depends on the designated contractor of ur block...u might wana check out the price w town council first..in case the contractor "tork" u....

meow

Alex,
The shops normally sticks the colour paper at the bottom of the tank. Hence my fish also a little pink lor. Its up to you to believe or not. To deter the sex of the fish, look at their fin. Those on the top of their body, not side. If at front portion got a patch of black, then its female. Not patch will be male. That's what i know from my friend

ahblur

Hi Piggy,

My contractor never help us settle the haulage and debris thingy. He ask us to apply for the permit ourselves ah.
sad.gif

Hi angelia,

Ya i know haulage differes for 4 &amp; 5-rm flats, cos different size means during renovation will have different amt of rubbish mah :p

piggy

Ah Blur,

u meant the renovation permit??...but i tot that's the contractor's job? cos they nid to produce some proposed drawings of the work done for HDB to approve one le...

alex

Hi Ah Blur,

Just one suggestion. Request your contractor/ID to settle all the paper work for you. Be it permit/haulage/debris removal paper work. Also check concrrently on the cost with Town Council to prevent overcharges from your contractor/ID.
happy.gif

piggy

sth to add on to Alex's suggestion....ask them to get receipts..so, u juz reimburse them back the amount lor...

ahmel

Hi everyone !
Great to see this thread, because I've just booked a flat at 690B but still awaiting for the key. Will try to read all the archives to get to know the place, and perhaps tips on reno, food etc. See u pple soon !
happy.gif

alex

Hi AhMel,
Very warm welcome to you… Arnold Wee (firefish) also recently got a flat at 690B. Guess what you already have 3 neighbours here staying at your block. Ann / SY / Arnold Wee (firefish) / AhMel.
happy.gif

Hi All,
Here are the updates.
happy.gif

1) Regenite - Regent Grove
2) Charming_Tail – 559
3) Cychang (Paul) / AhBur- 683A
4) Meow – 683C
5) Piggy / Netsnob (SS Yap) - 684A
6) Priscilla Ng (Pris) – 684B
6) Anxious - 684C
7) Angelia Wong (Angie) - 685B
8) Meggie – 686A
9) Bluz – 686B
10) Sweetiee (Elleon) / Lifetime - 686C
11) Bei Bei - 688A
12) Lonigal / Kirin / Adam Teo– 688B
13) Lyn / Wandererevo (Wai Meng) - 688C
14) Cow - 690A (not confirm, need cow's advice)
15) Ann / SY / Arnold Wee (firefish) / AhMel - 690B
16) Kas / Duchass / Keann - 690C
17) Damnjian / BubbleBB’s Brother / Milong / Koalabear - 691B
18) Angelia Ng / Funky Tan- 692A
19) Alex / Doraelin - 692B
20) Pucca75 - 78* series
21) Discrete / Derick / Concern / Irvin / SehLin / Epsilon - ???

epsilon

hi to all the uncles and aunties of cck;)

very likely i will get a walk in at cck, close to yew tee. but why are there so many empty apartments? is it because buyers know something that my fiancee and i don't. i mean, five rooms for 180,000 is incredibly cheap, yet they are all vacant. you know lah, how we singaporeans buy things, we want cheap and fresh but if its cheap and no one buys, then alram starts going off
happy.gif

eh aunty angelia, what are your thoughts on this?

epsilon

alex

Hi Epsilon,

Urrr... Not all are qualify for "uncle and aunties" yet leh...
biggrin.gif

Well... Singapore as we know is quite KS. Buying a flat is one of the big projects in life. Some are looking for location, this includes the house facing position, conveniences of the place, near relative, future resale values etc etc... As for CCKC, it has already went thru many rounds of selection (2 x WIS) and about 2 to 3 times direct booking scheme before WIS. Therefore left with the units that might not suitable for some. However if really were to spend effort to physically visit the remaining units in CCKC, you can see that some units is really not bad too.

For eg 692B, the remaining 9 units of 5rms from the recent WIS, is only mean for non Chinese and only 4th floor and below. Might have difficulty to find buyer since they have more choices like other area where there are more non Chinese population. Sometimes is not the price that matter. There are many reasons behind it. Especially now many of us are more economy cautious, we might have a career now to pay for the loans and it is not be guarantee for the next 15 to 20 years. This might be also being one of the reasons why the sales transaction for the flats is quite slow nowadays even the flat is cheaper.

Hope this helps.
happy.gif

beibei

daniel,
get the 5 room flats lah!then we can all be neighbours!!!
happy.gif
cck very nice....and i already get used to my neighbourhood liao....

beibei

epsilon,

yup lor...got my flat two years ago..

enjoyed my honeymoon but only too cold and all western food-YUCKS!!

But wat I missed most is my wedding....
sad.gif

epsilon

beibei,

well you can always have yr wedding again
happy.gif
in western countries, some couples will go through the wedding ritual again after some years. then if u want, u can get me to host again
happy.gif

epsilon

beibei

epsilon,

oooh!!if we can have the money later on we will walk down the aisle again...with our kids!!but this time will choose a hotel with long long asile !!
happy.gif
haha you will be too busy with your wife and kids to host for me...now can only recapture all the wonderful memories from the Video and photos....

ahmel

Hi Alex,
Thanks !
Has been reading the archives of this thread (so many! only half way there ...) and can feel the warmth and friendliness of our neighbours.
happy.gif

I think most of u have lived in CCKC for almost a year.
Those past articles on reno issues and ID/contractors have been most useful, as I've just started looking for one .
Looking forward to my new home !

ahblur

Hi Piggy,

Nono, the renovation permit the contractor will do it for us. But as for the haulage thing they want us to apply for it ourselves lor
sad.gif

Hi Alex,

Yeah, i will try to request my contractor to settle both the renovation permit and haulage things for us. Will definitely call Town Council up to check how much the price is to prevent contractor from conning us :p

ahblur

Hi everyone,

Juz collected my keys last Saturday and went to my flat at 683A...kinda like the place that and the scenery...I can see Kranji Reservoir from my hse!
happy.gif

But one thing is its quite far from the MRT there, need to walk 10mins...and i realise there's only one food court, the NTUC FoodFare something like that
sad.gif

meow

Ahblur, which floor you stay? Not bad huh...still can see reservoir, if only i stay on the top most floor, i'll be able to see the sea and maybe the causeway link. If can see hor, next time i wanna go JB, check the traffic then go in.
lol.gif

ahblur

Hi Meow,

I stay on the 10th floor...heehee, the direction facing the light-industrial park that side lor
happy.gif

But i dont think can see the causeway....donno y Yew Tee there they dont wanna build slightly higher flats...is it becos a lot of army planes training there?
uhoh.gif

dora

Hi one and all

Glad that I found this thread!! Got a flat at 691B in the recent WIS. Started reno last week. So for those who stay there, my contractors were the one who have been causing all the din
happy.gif

Quite satisfied with the flat so far, just that the dining area is really very dark
sad.gif
Also, how come can hear the horning sound from the trains (m'sia) one ha??
uhoh.gif
Aiyoh, that's something we didn't realise when we selected the flat. Hope it's not too frequent?

Any good eating place around? Went to the coffee shop next to Mac at yew tee last weekend, not much choice leh. Any other recommendations?

Will come in more often to get to know the neighbours!!

alex

Hi Dora,

Welcome Welcome... I think I know how your layout looks like. For 691 and 692 series, only a 2 kind of layout which having the dining away from the main door which are slightly darker. Maybe you want to consider painting brighter colour.

As for train b’cos 691 and 692 series are slightly nearer to the Railway track, so it will be noisier. It is not very frequent about a 4~6 hrs once. Sometimes in the middle of the night will hear once or twice. Early in the morning can also hear buses sound too if you open up the window. Very soon you will get use to it.

It think there are renovation at the stalls right? Maybe future there will be more good stalls available.

Hi AhBur,
If Yew Tee have higher floor, I would really want to buy it. Like those at Bukit Panjang 40 storey high.

alex

Hi Dora,

By looking at the record, guess what? You already have a few neighbours in this thread staying at your same block.
happy.gif

Damnjian / BubbleBB’s Brother / Milong / Koalabear / Dora - 691B

ahmel

Hi Dora,

Wow, u are fast . How long did it take for u to get the key ? I'm still sourcing around for an ID and getting quotations, while still waiting for the key .

Hi AhBlur,
Congratulations for getting such a good view! really envy leh .... mine is low-rise but at least can see part of the 'longkang' .

ahblur

Hi Alex,

heehee...even if got 40 storey i also wont wanna stay on the 40th storey. Cos the wind too strong already. At the very most i will go up to 20th storey i guess :p

Hi AhMel,

Which block u staying at?
happy.gif

tane

Hi all,

I've stay in CCKC 684A for 2 years already. Always thought this area to be quiet until i chanced upon this thread then i realise my neighbours are all chatting away here...;)