CHINESE SOUP RECIPES

schnauzie

morning babes!

dinner last night:
FRIED NGOR HE, sambal prawn, caixin, chinese sausage and 8 treasure soup from sunday (taste better left overnight!)
472345.jpg

yongee86

ohaiyooooo...

i just seen lev and lina's pics. lina, your pics look good.. make me feel like going there for hols too..

lev, i stayed in first world last time when in genting too!!! but tat was 5 yrs ago.. ahaha.. back then, the hotel not so colorful lor.. but i remb the rooms quite big..

sch, your fish like very small for the 2 of u leh.. i see your pic den i noe tat is called ngor he.. whahah..

skylar

Morning!!!

Wahh.. Sch,
now u also got ur signature label liao ah.. the newspapers layout! kekeke..
can see that u r more & more like those 24 xiao lao Por already ah.. kekeke.. ya lor.. ur fish like very small leh.. enuf bor? SOup are always better when u boil it overnite leh.. like my ah bu will start boiling soup today ard 5+ & overnite so we will only have the soup the next day leh.. if wanna have the soup on the day itself ah.. then i think she start boiling it since like 10+ in the morning man...

izzit? Ant? got pixs ah.. me also wanna go see liao.. kekee

schnauzie

levv - ur pic looks great..eh the guy in blue is ur brother ah? look alike leh but i don remember u got brother leh

heehee ya me n my signature newspaper!

the fish is pretty small but exp leh..dunno 6dollar or something..yummy but splatter alot..lucky i got cover the lid

levynn

i love the view fr the hotel too. it's like u can see sooooo far away. n when u wake up in the morning, everything outside is white... like living above the clouds. cooling too. all hotels no air-cons... got natural air-cons liao.

Ant... we were juz talking abt the colourful hotel when we first saw it. imagine the painters have to go up so high to paint, the weather so cold, n it also gets even colder when the wind blows every now n then.

skylar

Wahh.. nice pixs Levynn..
At first I thot it was ur "company" outing to Genting leh.. then i thot its ur frds one si bor? kekeke..

levynn

lina... the hotel we stayed at not very cold, coz it's like at the middle of the mountains. cold is when the wind blows when we r up at Genting. that's y all the hotels there no air-cons.

schnauzie... me n that guy look alike meh? haha. no la... not my brother.

skylar... how come u thot it's company outing? all look like fr different age group ah? it's actually hubby's fren fr the car club forum he joined... but we went out a few times b4 this liao. so this trip is kind of like get to know one another better lor.

skylar

kekek.. Levynn,
coz all looks young mah.. I was abt to ask u wahh.. all ur "colleagues" look so young one ah.. kekek.. so its ur hb car forum thingy ah.. so needless to say the last pix is u & ur hb lor rite? kkeke.. my first time seeing him leh.. so tian mi mi ah..

levynn

skylar... 1st time see my hubby? i thot u all saw the wedding pics b4 liao. or that one looks different ah... hahahaa

skylar

Levynn,
huh? got wedding pixs meh? I like nv see before leh.. hhmm.. dun tell me i lao ren chi dai again hor.. kekeke.. say he look diff? no lah.. coz nv see before so dun remember lor..

pinkbunny

hi babes!

thanks for the gong bao recipe!!

didn't manage to get ceiling fan yet. should be just over $200 ba. cos our living room quite big so much get 60 inch one. if get the smaller one then maybe no wind then kwa kwa kwa just bai swee only. but weekend went to choose tiles. quite fun. sunday getting soh see liao! yay!! excitement!!!!!!!

levynn, wow genting looks nice leh. last time i go like not so nice like that. awana is new hotel?

sch i think i prefer cameron. like more relak jack hehe. genting like will increase my blood pressure like that.

ngor hee i like to steam with sesame oil and ginger. shiok.

sambal prawn recipe PLEASE!!

welcome back ant! wah a 6kg fish? that will like take up my whole freezer sia! i can't wait for my new fridge, then can buy alot of things :D

JJ, how long you put your potato in the soup? i don't seem to have that prob leh.

super farnee about birthday cake for fish! haha.

reminder to all babes: submit income tax liao bo?

skylar

PINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wa miss li........................

oh ya hor.. haben submit income tax man.. kkeke.. thxs for the reminder!

so fast take key liao!! YEAH!!!

schnauzie

morning babes!

ah pink - sambal prawn v easy one

prawn (shell n devein)
Onion (1 or 2)
sambal chilli
water
oil

1. heat oil in wok, then fry onion
2. ad sambal chilli (i use my mum's home made one..think got chilli paste, dried shrimp, shallot but think u can just buy those sambal chilli from supermarket)
3. Add prawn..if dry sprinkle water..i like it abit watery so can use as gravy for rice

when prawn cooked, scoop out n serve!

levv - ur hubby join wat car forum? u know hor..i saw ur hubby and was like ya hor! this is how levv's hubby shld look like..u 2 look v tian mimi..keke..but dunno y i feel tt ur hubby n ant's hubby give me the same "feel" maciam similar pattern..dunno how to put it..not exactly the same but similar..diff from sky n ah pink's hubby..lina..no need to say..his hubby's hair also nv see b4 one..wahahah

schnauzie

hey if anyone got alot of super ripe banana and dunno wat to do with it..or is a fan of those super moist n dense banana cake..lemme know. i found a great banana cake recipe yesterdae and tried it out! very GOOD! one of the best internet recipe i have found so far.

pinkbunny

morning ladies

hey sch you are a gim jio fan hor? last time you gave us the banana muffin recipe
happy.gif
thanks for sambal prawn recipe. will try out soon!

good news babes. sunday i getting key liao so reno start on monday and estimated date of completion is 19 may so i can move in by end of may! woohoo!

jengcc

pink bunny,
i put in the potatos n carrots after water starts to boil.
after the carrots turn soft i add in onions n bak kut..
boil/ simmer for ard 3hrs.
but in between i stir hor the potatos oredi breaking up liao..
i tot maybe the potatos i buy not "old" enuff :p

schnauzie

eh abit lah but normally cannot finish up the banana at home heehee.

wah ah pink congrats on being a new hse owner!! u sure ur renovation can finish in so short a time? my one delayed by abt 1mth plus

jengcc

sch, izit?
i wanted the veg n bak kut to be soft so cook longer..
my aunt also cook so long one leh..
when i cook bak kut teh i cook like 4-6hrs so the meat no need bite kind..
really not very gd with soups :p

pinkbunny

JJ

based on lao niang's experience (cheh....), i think i see where the prob is.

the bak kut should be first blanched (put in boiling water for about 5 minutes to get rid of the smell). then you add the blanched bak kut to new boiling water on high heat for about 15 mins. after that you put potato, carrots, onions and boil on LOW HEAT for at least 1.5 hour. at the end of it, just before eating, add pepper and soy sauce. you try?

must be on low heat because if not, then the water will keep drying up, then you have to keep adding, then like that very waste time and your taste will disappear.

no worries, we all learn together
happy.gif

ckw1011

congrats to ah pink =)
yup, i agree w sch. beta hv a bit of buffer time 4 reno cos i also heard always got delay one. muz really "watch over" the reno workers 2 make sure tt things r done on schedule

i ask u ladies a serious qn: i'm at tis current job 4 slightly more than one year. if i go look 4 new jobs & interviewers ask y i want 2 leave the current coy, how shall i answer?

schnauzie

ah pink - if u want to oversee reno must make sure u r not preg ok? preggie woman must stay away from all those knocking n stuff.

4 - 6 hr..me still not so good at controlling my fire so i usually use a thermal cooker (and let it cook) or maybe i shld get a slow cooker but last time i join the CC class the teacher who teach chinese soup say use slow cooker cook soup wont taste as nice..dunno y. best is of course use charcoal lah but real messy and mafan

pinkbunny

what's your real reason, lina? maybe you can also say 'misalignment of personal goals and company beliefs'? but usually people consider anything less than 2 years short. your previous job you stay how long? maybe if very long then you can use that reason.

or like sch say, you want to explore more growth opportunities?

sch, when i use slow cooker, i always do the high heat part on normal stove first then after that i put into slow cooker for 'low heat' portion and leave on all day. then when i'm at work i will keep worrying if my house burn down or not :S

speaking of that, check out this home insurance thing: (refer to the portion on 'friends care', somewhere in the middle)

http://www.ikea-friends.com/sections/other_benefits.asp

i just bought. it covers damage caused during moving process also! cheap and good :D did you know that the compulsory home insurance we buy from HDB only covers structural materials? then if got fire or what, your furniture all gone and you cannot claim?

schnauzie

yes i also worry tts y..but my dad was teaching me say try it once on a wkend when im home..let it run for like 2 days then if it don burn then shld be ok.then to be safe put it on a standalone place not near other flammable stuff so even if burn it does not spread to other part of the house.

ok maybe i will try out wat u do..use slow cooker the soup wont dry up right?

yup..fire insurance only for structure..quite scary huh? eh this insurance u just bought sounds really kewl leh!!!

pinkbunny

sch, let your slow cooker run for TWO DAYS?! walau! you mean 2 hours is it? i just leave it on my kitchen counter. ya, won't dry up so just use the exact amount that you need/want to drink

ya man. it's very good. and not expensive some more. ahem, not that i'm doing any advertising or what hor. it's a good thing so much share mah.

cos i think alot of people got the perception the insurance we buy from HDB covers everything.

jengcc

ah~~~
okok..
thanks for the tip pink bunny..
will try again provided hb wants to drink..
he not a soup kind of fellow..

i have the cisco system at home n th mthly price of S$50++ incl insuarance.
quite gd coverage at least covers all my renov n appliances more then the "4 walls" n standard HDB fixings covered by the fire insurance from HDB..

schnauzie

hey pink ..its a silly qn to ask..but have u done ur furniture shopping or u bring ur existing one there? wat style u looking for?

me n hubby just bought a pair of bedside table yesterday..delivery on sat! :0 so happie!

ckw1011

thx sch & pink.

ah pink, i wish i noe the real reason. i'm in a confused state of mind now, juz v sian got 2 turn up 4 work everyday. but yet i noe i can't just leave w/o a job cos too many commitments & bills 2 pay, think tt also contribute 2 my sian-ness =( the worst is i noe i'm not really unhappy here cos the boss & cols r decent enuf. i dunno, i'm dun want 2 do anything impulsive becoz i hv no freaky idea wat i want, i feel damn useless & frustrated w myself that till now, i dun noe wat i want 2 look 4 in a job!!! i hope this is juz a passing phase. i suck at interviews & really dun wish 2 go thru them again so soon. my previous job? i stayed for 8.5 years.

eh, leaving this slow cooker on when u're not home sound damn dangerous 2 me.

levynn

pink!!! congrats!! means now we can start to plan for the house warming?? or your ah lao scared of us liao?? hahaha...

schnauzie... the way u "analysed" the ah laos, a bit chim leh. but i can roughly get wat u r trying to say la. u juz reminded me... u haven't seen lina's ah lao... i haven't seen skylar's ah lao... heh...

JL... for potatoes, i think there r different kinds for different purposes. maybe yours so fast "break up" is becoz u bought those that r usually used for mashing or sth. if u r getting fr those dry goods store, can ask the auntie/uncle which type is better for cooking soup. n did u soak the potatoes in water 1st b4 cooking?

levynn

oh yah, schnauzie... my hubby joined the lancer car club... think 1 or 2 of them. he joined quite a lot of forums also... sometimes come in here n peep peep too... heh...

skylar

Morning babes...
sorry was really busy at work tis morning trying to arrange for a Brazil meeting up.. zzz..

Wei, ask u all 1 qns ah.. DO anyone of u here know when is the LAST day for bai bai qing ming ah??

Lina,
why leh? wat is wrong? too bored ah? if ur boss & colleagues are decent then maybe u can ask ur boss for more job responsibilites?? kekee.. u so heng liao leh.. me work like pig.. whaha. at times only lah.. but to me, its really the job achievement tat u get when u accomplish something lor..

since ur last job stay for soooo long, dun think ur future interviewers will think that u are a job hopper lah.. maybe u can use Pink's words lor, very steady leh.. kekeke..

now I freaking hungry man! keekekek..

schnauzie

levv - sky's ah lao got see b4 lah her multiply tt time got show pic they use the egg to rub rub on her ah lao then got the mao mao one?

oohohh last time in my younger days i also got join such forums..

heehee ah pink ah lao scare of us? hehe he can hide into the room and watch dvd wat..keke..just worry we luff n tok too loud. i wan to hear more recep stories! i need to be SHOCKED! i also wanna hear ms whiny and sl*t stories keke

lina - i think it is a passing phase lah u r just bored but not unhappie

schnauzie

sky - i think i recall my mum say its up to 10 days of THE qing ming day..u know every yr got one fixed day as start of qin ming one? dunno i got it right or not

ckw1011

skylar, it is 10 days b4 and 10 days after the actual Qing Ming Day itself. so u hv 2 noe which date is Qing Ming 2 calculate from there.

yup, i noe i'm heng 2 get this job, i cannot understand y i'm being such an ungrateful bitch here as well, sigh ...

hearing the things u hv 2 do at work skylar, i think u're v capable. i admire u, & seriously, i dun even think i'm half as good as u lor. i dun hv the confidence 2 ask for more job responsibilities now, coz i dun even think i'm doing the current ones well enuf. shit, i'm really feeling down now ...

jengcc

skylar,
actual qing ming is on 5th apr so can pray 10 days b4 n 10 days after

levynn,
i look c n the potatos r the "oldest" i find..
tot not those baby potatos which u can eat with skin kind not suitable..
didn't know so much :p

skylar

Wah... Jengcc..
so if liddat ah.. if actual QM is on 5 April so start 10 days before & 10 days after mean counting 10 days from 5 April, tis coming Sun, 15 Apr is the Last day liao ah.. so fast!!
ekekeke... i always thot its 1 mth one leh.. kaoz.. sibeh blur fark man!! kekeke...

Sch..
think u also blurr liao.. i am saying that i nv see Levynn's ah lao before not nv see my ah lao.. whahahaha.. kua.. kua.. kua...

Lina,
no lah.. dun belittle urself, u r good in ur own ways mah.. Seriously when pple i know knew wat kinda job that I am doing they all also salute me.. well.. i know that I am not borned knowing how to do one mah.. i also learn from scratch one but like I say, u r very lucky to have ur that job lor.. as in monetary lah.. me not soo heng leh.. hopefully will get better but as for job satisfaction, I definitely get it here in my current position lor.. at times its when u push ur capablities to the extreme then u will know wat u r capable of.. u can de lah..

ckw1011

thx 4 the encouragement, skylar
happy.gif

always glad tt i hv frens like u ladies

wah, ur words also v steady leh "at times its when u push ur capablities to the extreme then u will know wat u r capable of" dun pray pray ah

levynn

lina... i think i went thru sth like u few yrs back. was very sick of wat i was doing... kept complaining to my hubby (stil bf that time)... until he worried i got depression. but i really hope yours is much better than my situation. like wat the others said, maybe juz a passing phase.

schnauzie... u mean u saw the mao mao egg means u saw skylar's hubby liao ah?? i dun have her multiply link...

skylar

Wahaha.. dun pray pray ah.. no lah.. siao bor.. just tat i suddenly the ink very thick!! whaha.. alot of mor shui.. kekek..

Levynn,
u liddat say means my hb = the egg lah.. keke.. u hv my link lah.. basket u r under my frd leh.. how can u not have my link? wait i tok ur head ah! kekeke..

ckw1011

levynn ... yup, i hope i'll snap out of this "phase" soon. honestly, i noe i'm the type who'll slip into depression quite easily cos i can b quite extreme at times. hmmm, will look 4 ways 2 keep my mind occupied at work.

eh excuse me, the mao mao egg is an egg & not skylar's hubby lah (u all make it sound as if skylar's hubby looks like n egg, wah biang). levynn, ur words make me laugh lol. skylar's multiply is not opened to public, she has 2 invite u 2b on her network.

sch, the next time we meet, remind me 2 bring some of my hubby's hair 2 show u =p

skylar

Lina..
wahh kaoz.. hair?? from where? whahaa.a.. joking ah.. can see lah.. u got see ur dear frd one bor.. whaha...

Levynn, i dunno invite u how many lao gao years ago liao leh.. haiz..

schnauzie

lina - wah ok lor ..bring ur lao gong's mao lemme see see

if u know u r prone to depression then must do more happie activities! don think too much too..go watch Mr Bean Holiday..i luff until stomach ache and eye got tears ..so therapeutic!

levv - u blur lah

levynn

eh... got invite ah?? ok ok... i go check. i dun use multiply account... i create then left it there to rot. dun tok my head ah!