CHINESE SOUP RECIPES

pinkbunny

sch i bought alot of things liao! the big items at least la. the smaller ones slow slow la!

lina, sky is right. your previous job you stay so long, so it's proof that you're not a grasshopper. you can say you've already stuck around at the job 12 months to give both yourself and the company a chance and to find a good fit. however that doesn't seem to have improved and this situation is neither beneficial to yourself nor the company. and now you are thinking of finding another organisation which will allow you to contribute to the best of your potential

don't worry babe, we all get bouts of depression once in a while. but if you get it too often then it's really time to seriously consider moving, my friend

skylar

*polishing knife* to tok lang liao...

Sch,
Mr Bean very nice ah? hmm... can laft till cry ah.. wah.... sounds good! u sure u wanna see Lina's lao gong mao meh? yucks!

pinkbunny

haha sky, who you want to tok? not me hor. i so kuai
472809.gif

skylar

Wahh.. see Pink also very the "Power" ah!!
true also .. see she already more or less already teach u how to counter ans ur interviewer liao.. Way to go man!!

pinkbunny

of course pink power la! pink the power princess!

i'm going bangkok again!!!!! september hehe. and paris in june! and holland in july! haha happening :D

and tiong bahru in may. most happening

ckw1011

wah, alot of "powerful" pple on this thread ... =) thx pink. skylar, u 1 2 tok who? levynn or ur recep??

holland? so happening!! fei hong xiao jie, wo ye yao qu, eh, tolong bring me along w ur luggage, can bo??

skylar

wanna tok Levynn lor.. waahaha..

recep to me early early die liao lor.. whahaha...

Pink u sooo good! I also want.. can tabao me??

pinkbunny

morning babes!

lina hope you're feeling better today
happy.gif

last night lao niang cooked dinner then fell asleep at NINE PM!!! haha. until this morning. shiok.

472922.jpg

ginseng chicken soup (think i put too much ginseng. the taste very strong), fried sting ray with black beans and giam chaii (mistake - SUPER giam!) and the safest, dao gay (sch, i never pluck off the tail!)

lina and sky, da pao you gers? sure! but i can only bring one so you gotta fight it out keke

schnauzie

morning babes!~

ah pink - so fun u are goin so many places! so paris only u and ur ah lao or both parents still goin? so romantic!!

u know, i am tryin to look for black bean..u bought the woh hup kind where it is a black bean paste or u buy the bean from the market tt kind?

ehehe...u like to eat tail ok next time i pluck liao keep for u to jia1 liao4

sky - who u wanna tok??

levynn

good morning babes!!

aiyah... skylar... sollie, sollie...
kao_embarrassed.gif
saw your blog n your ah lao pic liao... ok ok... dun tok me...

pinkbunny

sch, holland is for work, bangkok is for play, and paris is only with ah lao, and his family. mine say pai say so don't want to follow
sad.gif
we only pay for his mum's hotel

eh not that i like to eat tail. i just lazy to pluck! last time i go and pluck the whole bag then keep half so the next time i cook, no need to pluck right? i thought i so clever. then after that, i keep so long until cannot cook liao. kwa kwa kwa.... haha

black bean mine is in glass bottle one. still can see the beans one. it's like dao jio, but blacker lor

jengcc

hi ladies, talking abt dao gay hor..
usually if wanna fry with salted fish wat else can put in?
tau gua?
also salted fish buy from NTUC one tatse good not?

schnauzie

eh either one will do lah just to keep the dao gay dry..if keep in plastic bag will become mi v fast lah.

salted fish, tau gua, spring onion, chilli (sliced) tts normally wat i may add.. don realli fancy salted fish too much coz the dao gay will taste v plain when u don eat with the fish and will taste very salty when u eat with the fish...and i am too lazy to fry the salted fish and then pound it into powder hahahasha

think the tau gee also can add if u all like

ckw1011

bean sprouts pluck already wrap in newspaper, then can keep longer. ah pink, seeing ur pix make me crave for sting ray w giam chye. damn hungry now ... 1.5 hrs more to lunch, ren!!!

eh sch, pastamania got sell one banana dessert pizza very shiok. got choc shavings on it. since u're a banana fan, can go try.

qn time:
1. which type of gan tan to buy to make potato croqette?
2. anyone knows where to buy cornmeal?
3. how does a potato masher look like? can someone b kind enuf to post the pic here as well as advise where i can buy one?

gam xia to all the babes!

skylar

Morning babes!!!

Lina..
u really promoting that banana dessert ah.. ekeke.. but its nice no doubt but also very sweet leh.. kekek..

wah.. all the talk about salted fish & tao gay! kekee..

skylar

Lina,

i think for croqette, u can get any kind of ang moh gan tan lah.. but then not those chinese kind lah..
then boil then mash, add some drops of oil & cornflour & mix it up with pepper lor..
then U INVITE ME EAT!

skylar

Also
dun have to to buy wat potato masher lah.. waste $$$ just boil the potatos then leave it cold then skin it.. very easy one.. then put the potatoes in a plastic bag & use ur hand to press it lah.. ECONOMICAL!KEKEKEKE...

ckw1011

my fren, i dun noe the difference between angmoh & chinese gan tan lah. the big ones r chinese & small ones r angmoh, is it? mai ah neh leh, ur fren here not v smart, explain pls

i shld b making next sat evening, u wan 2 eat, cum my place lah =p sorry mdm, delivery svs not available at far flak areas like ms skylar's residence

raining cats & dogs now, time to kunz
kao_sleep.gif

skylar

Wahh piangz wei...my frd..

u can see one lah.. bet chinese & english potato.. Chinese one bigger & if u peel a bit of the skin off more raw inside like little transparent, for english ones are usually smaller & if peel, the flesh looks more solid yellow color..

U want the Japanese or English Croquette?

Korokke is Japanese croquette with vegetables and meat.
INGREDIENTS:
• 1 lb potato
• 1/4 lb ground beef
• 1/2 onion
• 1 egg
• 1/2 tsp salt
• pepper to season
• vegetable oil for frying
• flour and panko (breadcrumb)
PREPARATION:
Peel and cut potatoes into medium chunks. Boil potatoes until soften. Mash potatoes. Mince onion and saute in a fryin pan. Add ground beef in the pan and saute. Mix mashed potato and onion and beef in a bowl.
Season with salt and pepper and mix well. Make flat and oval-shaped pieces. Coat each piece with flour. Dip in beaten egg. Coat with panko. Fry in 350 F oil until brown.
473021.jpg

Ang moh ones
Ingredients ( 8 pcs )
• 4-5 potatoes (cooked, mashed potatoes)
• 1 teaspoon butter
• 1/2 big onion (cubed)
• 150g minced beef
• little salt and white pepper
• 2 eggs (beaten)
• Bread crumbs
• Flour ( a little)
• Cooking oil
Directions
1. Heat butter then fry cubed big onion until fragrant
2. Add minced beef and stir well. When it cooked, add salt and white pepper
3. Add the mixture of cooked beef and onion into mashed potatoes and mix well
4. Divide the above mixture into 8 portions and shape into croquettes
5. Roll in with flour then eggs and lastly breadcrumb
6. Fry the croquettes with cooking oil. They should be browned and crispy on the outside, soft on the inside.
473022.jpg

Seee I sooo good!!! even give u recipes & pixs ah!!! Want to add meat or not then its up to u liao..

skylar

<font size="+2"><font color="ff0000">Nabzzz</font></font> Lina, u cook 1 simple dish, must need sooo many helpers to help u ah..
Now dun tell me u still dunno hor!!

schnauzie

lina - wah so lina u wanna make japan or angmoh gan tang croquette? keke u try liao next time can make it for pot luck hor! if not then gor lok yoke also can lah..tt time din eat enuf!

ckw1011

hahahaha kena scolding liao ...

kamsia skylar &amp; jengcc so nice 2 me, hehe
shld noe already, okok, next sat i try cooking. sch, i also dunno wat croquette, when i make tt time whatever steps i can remember juz hantam lah. eh basket, gor lok yoke u can try cooking it urself mah. i noe how to cook more than one dish one hor, hng!

schnauzie

wahahhaha lina angry liao..ok lah then u guai guai try this croquette, jap one ang moh all learn leh then let us try during next potluck! hehe

where levv today? CALLING FOR LEVVYN!

skylar

wahaahaha... then liddat hor. Lina can cook alot leh.. like Chicken / Prawn / Curry / Laksa / Seafood all the "chap-ba-lang" flavours ok.. dun pray pray ah!!! Chef ah!

ckw1011

wah skylar, ur angmoh really v pte ltd leh, spell also dunno how to spell properly, grammer also sala:

shld be "u r N ID ten T"

yongee86

elloooooooo...

greetings to you from seoul...

it is supposed to be warmer now but coz of last week's snow in japan, now it is super cold again...

lina, sat is wat huang dao ji ri tat u wana cook huh? :p ya, make tat for the next potluck for us to try.. heheheh..

sch, i got no more ms sl*tty stories coz recently, me n hubby keep flying, no time to meet up wif those ppl.. only news is the guy has alr bought a diamond ring and planning to propose to her. the most farny thing is, the day he was choosing ring (tog wif hubby), that same timing, the ex gf called him! whhah..

pinkbunny

wah. i gone for a few hours only all the babes come out to play.

JJ, i usually fry giam hee first (i buy from provision shop at market) then add dao gay. can also add chilli and carrot shreads and spring onions. never tried dao gua and dao gee before. i'm not a fan. instead of water+soy sauce, can use chicken stock

sch, i never pound leh. just cut into small pieces and fry. fry with chicken also nice. small crispy pieces of giam hee very nice!

lina, wrap what kind of newspaper? must straits times ah? got tamil murasu can? HAHAHAHA

i don't know the answer the your first 2 ques, but potato masher ikea and coldstorage got sell. it looks like a piece of metal (handle) attached to a circle with holes. then you just hold on to the handle and press down onto the boiled potatoes to mash them

when you go market, you can ask the veg shop auntie
happy.gif
either tu dou or 'ang moh gantang' lor! tu dou is local kind, ang moh kind is russet or dunno what other stylo name one.

schnauzie

wah lina u chapalang cook then u can open 10 veg stall liao...or zichar stall! *SCRAM*

ant - eheheh then u jialat liao tt sl*t is gonna leech onto u for ur whole life liao.

skylar

Wahh.. Ant..
more stories!! kkeke..I also hv my recep one!! kekeke.. although now I totally ignored her! kekeke..

now its my ofc mgr that I cannot stand ah!!! Arruughhhh.........

Lina..
see Pink love u sooo much.

levynn

good morning babes!!

friday!!!!
kao_clap.gif

sorry... MIA yesterday. busy wif work stuff n found out sth very disturbing abt the boss... xian... will tell u all another time...

pinkbunny

good morning babes!!! friday!
473249.gif

levynn, quick us kaypoh babes about your boss!

i'm thinking of painting my masterbedroom RED. ang ang bueh hai lang.... if you got the ikea thin bedroom catalogue with you, it's on page 4. kinda like that. so lomantik!!!

ckw1011

good morning babes!! yay! it's friday.

so nice of ant to send us greetings from seoul =)

gam xia ah pink for the gantan masher pic. ya, u love me, i love u, muack! eh, ur face appeared on yday's my paper leh, dun pray pray ah
wink.gif

sch, hurry up organise our next outing then can hear skylar's and levynn's stories. levynn, dun let what u hear get u down ok, end of the week liao, dun worry b happy.

yday went 2 eat my fav white wine sauce vongole pasta at pastamania. so farni i think they had no clams so substituted the clams w mussel-like clams or clam-like mussels, quite big &amp; they gave me 5. the taste was good!

schnauzie

lina - everyone loves lina. u see u request only i action liao. ladies, please check ur mail!

wah u like pastamania very much i realised, i love their al fungi pasta..banana pizza also nice (keke yes i tried it once before..FOC )

pinkbunny

haha lina you saw me ah? famous bo? actually i have to settle with them on this. they anyhow use the pic but it doesn't even tie in with the article if you notice.

BANANA PIZZA??!!

ckw1011

sch, bo email leh ... maybe my pc too slow, hmmm

ya ah pink, i noticed. i thot it was a bit "funny" too after reading the article. yup, banana dessert pizza at pastamania, nice nice

levynn

how come pink got on the papers??

lina... scan in n let us see leh!!! or i go see the chinese teachers got or not... heh... yesterday's one ah?

pink... aiyah. that one long story. but sum it all up, i lost a good fren becoz of him. damn!

pinkbunny

oi. don't scan and post here ah, basket!

nothing la, just that some govt agency talk about something that some companies do, and ours is one of the companies that do it so they put my pic, amongst some other companies lor. but the funny thing is that they never even mentioned my company

levynn, ON! tell us when we meet!