CHINESE SOUP RECIPES

ckw1011

i also kenna the maintenance mode error msg when i click on 12hr/24hr. maybe CL is on leave so one's working? hmmmm

Skylar, yup, i rec'd the pkg last nite liao, thx. u ah, didn't read ur email. u so gan cheong abt the cake, 4 who one?

pinkbunny

morning babes!

hey sch, if your mum say it's not ang go li, then she got say wat fish it is bo?

ya now i got standing fan but i moving house what! you bought the PINK fan cover also? hehe.

lina i going to your di pan tomorrow with my contractor to buy fan and lights! :D

where is ant?

today i busy like siao. cos tonight got event (kua poh zhua). then i driving the company van haha.

levynn

schnauzie... me setting off early fri morning... abt 3 am or so. so later go home, pack some more last min, then sleep for while.

skylar... i click all also got error. i need to go to the home page, click on forum, then slowly go thru all the steps...

ckw1011

ah pink, welcome 2 my di pan =) ke shi ming tian wo bu zai jia, if not maybe we can go lim kopi. alot of light shops at balestier, so take ur time 2 shop ard.

ya levynn, muz hv sufficient rest b4 u hit the road tmr in the wee hours. enjoy ur hols =)

skylar

Levynn,
wahh.. u also ah.. but at least i click the 72hrs still ok leh..

the rest of the babes got no probs meh?? hmm...

Pink,
u drive van ah.. wahh..steady lah.. kekeke.. wei.. i check the fan liao.. got it from palace of lighting, abt $220.. etc

Lina,
oh.. haben read email yet i come here report liao.. see i soo good! whahaha. the cake is for my boss ah.. but from morning till now i already rec'd like 3 cakes liao.. all from banks.. whahaha..

pinkbunny

ello! lina, aiyah wasted. or else you can bring us for balestier goodies hehe.

levynn enjoy! sleep all the way on the bus!

skylar, thanks. i intend to get without light one so should be cheaper. yay gam sia. i will go check it out tomorrow!
happy.gif

haha ya lor i drive the van, all the cars around me siam far far keke

levynn

pink... no bus leh. my fren driving.

thanks, babes... will take photos back for u all to see. though i doubt will b as educational as lina's. haha. btw, that photo wif u wearing the hat on the sampan... machiam like those last time æ‘姑 pattern... wahahahaha...

pinkbunny

yoohoo babes. nah. finally got all my pics out of the camera.

471296.jpg

the fish is with tom yum gravy. not sure if i posted before. soup is spinach with fish ball

471297.jpg

veg i think is heng cai. soup is something tao hu (too long ago liao cannot remember!). and fish with teriyaki sauce

471298.jpg

fried pork cutlet with marcaroni, fried dunno spinach with fish ball, and chai por nng. super chapalang haha. but the pork chop is very nice! use back of knife to 'soften' the meat slices, then marinate with sugar and soy sauce. then dip in egg before coating with marie biscuit (crushed) then deep fry.

pinkbunny

steady huh, recipe mama back in action!

471866.jpg

Egg with cucumber, steamed meat with salted egg, and fish with fried onion+garlic then add water with soy sauce and dark sauce. yummy!
happy.gif

yongee86

ello...

anyone miss me boh? i came back on last thur. was at guangzhou and shanghai for 1 day each. it was damn cold n the weather changed drastically from forecast so was not prepared for the cold. came back with fever. but now is okie. will describe some funny actions of my boss in guangzhou on mon when i'm in ofc. heheh.. but din take any pics of food or views for this trip. too sick to have the enthuasim to take pics.

cooked dinner on sat.
oven baked pork ribs, claypot fishhead ( but add too much water, looks like soup) & lotus + carrot pork ribs soup
471989.jpg

went to watch phantom of the opera on sun. it was super good. i so so so wana watch again man!

levynn

good morning babes!!!

how was everyone's long weekend?? hope all had a good break!
happy.gif
it was quite a relaxing trip for me... play, eat, sleep... haha... anyway, will upload the photos when i have the time asap.

ant... phantom was good, rite? guess it must b still as superb as yrs ago when i watched it. u know it's going to b good when the singing starts n u get goosebumps all the way... heh...

schnauzie

ant - welcome back! hope u r feelin better! faster come back n share story!

pink - welcome back recipa mama. ur tom tum fish looks good..wat brand of tom yam paste u use? good or not?

btw hows ur ceiling fan shopping?

levv - quicky share ur genting pic! u think i shld go cameron highland or genting if i don gamble one.

schnauzie

lunch yesterdae:
gongbao chicken, sweet n sour fish fillet, stir fry xiao bai cai, 8 bao soup (too much food for 2 pax)..lao niang with her signature sq kebaya table cloth, ant with her signature bluish grey table with floral decor and me with..my newspaper covering the table

472014.jpg

yongee86

ohaiyooooo...

lev, how's your genting hols? hubby's fren oso went genting the same wkend.. show us pics leh...

sch, wat is 8 bao soup like? never try b4... ya, y u like to use newpaper? eat with newpaper smell nice meh??? newpapers will stain my dining table, we tried once when baking. had a hard time cleaning away the stains man.

schnauzie

ant - my table is black tampered glass so no problem. i cover table with newspaper so eat liao just wrap up n throw table need minimal cleaning

8 treasure soup:
300gm pork rib
150gm carrot
150gm lotus root
5 fig (wu hua guo)
15gm each of:
fox nut (ci shi)
dry lily bulb
lotus seed
barley

eh ladies, i cooking ngor he tonight..other than deep fryin with salt..wat else can i do with it?

jengcc

hi ladies,
popping in with some questions..
was doing the ABC soup yst n somehow the soup taste very carrot n not much potato n onion taste. in the end i gotta remove the carrots n let the potatos n onions boil then add carrots at later stage end up soup still very very the sweet..
any idea why like that?

skylar

Morning babes!!! WAhh...
so much to talk liao ah.. kekek.. The Recipe mama really back ah!! kekeke.. shiok shiok!
Wahhh can see that Ant & Sch also very hardworking ah.. cooking more & more liao ah... kekek..
My dinner - Har Lok (fav!) keke, Swee & Sour Pork ribs, Soya bean fish.. & herbal soup
472038.jpg

Sch,
Wahh u doing ngor he ah.. that is fish rite? for a moment i thot it is ngor hiong leh.. ehhehe.. u can try to steam it with giam cai & plum leh, also nice..

levynn

hi JL...

actually, potato by itself shld b tasteless. when i cooked soup wif potato, carrots, onions n pork ribs, i'll usually put in the carrots n potatoes to let them boil 1st. then when the carrots n potatoes soften a little, add in the onions to cook for a while til it boils.

but i think u most likely put in too much carrots. maybe u can use proportion of 1 carrot to 2 potatoes.

schnauzie

ngor he can steam teochew style? but my fish been in fridge for a wk liao think not in tip top condition for steam

sky - ur dinner nv fail to make me drool! har lok is prawn in lor issit?eh which is the soya fish fish? y no white color thing? got recipe ?

jen - i havent try out ABC soup prob ah pink or ant can answer think they tried b4

jengcc

lev: i put in 2 big potatos + 11/2 big carrot.
will try again next time. thanks!

sch: wats the brand of sauce u use for ur gong bao?
lee kum kee?
u got add anything else for the gongbao chicken? like cashew nuts/ red chilli or the sauce gd enuff??
sorry need to find some new recipe to cook..
me getting sick n tired of cooking similiar dishes day in day out :p

schnauzie

i din use any sauce, mix it myself, added dried chilli and onions coz not a fan of nuts ;p

i used this recipe:
Gong bao chicken

marinating sauce:
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp rice wine
3/4 tsp grated fresh ginger root
1.5 tbsp cornstarch
1 chicken breast, tendons removed, cut in cubes

seasoning sauce:
2 tbsp soy sauce (hubby found it abit too salty for him..i was ok with the taste..maybe try 1.5 tbsp if raymond don like too salty)
1 tbsp rice wine
1 tbsp vinegar
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp cornstarch

other ingredients

oil
cashew nuts
6-8 dried red chilli (soak n rinse twice)
2-3 green onions, chopped.

in a shallow dish, add marinating sauce with chicken and marinate for 30mins.

in a small bowl, stir together seasoning sauce.

heat wok with oil. (if use nuts: stir fry peanuts until golden brown, stirring constantly so they wun burn. remove from wok. )

add dried red peppers to the wok. beware they will turn black quickly. add chicken and stir fry.

Add onions, seasoning sauce. add some water so that it . serve on plate with nuts as garnish.

JIAK!

skylar

Sch,
my fish is the one in the oval plate one.. u asking why got the white color thing izzit? tat is the spring onions which we use to garnish on top.. keke..
recipe is :-
marinate fish with salt & some cornflour
fry ginger & garlic
fry fish
add mixture (soya bean paste with pepper)
add cut chilli
VIOLA!

yongee86

wau, all the recipes popping out now.. *whistle*

JL, sorrie, cant help u coz i never cooked ABC soup before. carrot is very sweet when cooked in soup. maybe add less the next time? i think potato should be cooked last as it will absorb all the saltiness in the soup.

skylar, ur food looks damn shiok esp your ha lok.

sch, how long was your fish kept? if less than 1 wk, still can steam. otherwise, best to cook chilli sauce to keep the smell out.

my dining table is tempered glass top but we add one more layer of clear plastic protector sheet. so the newspaper will stain tat sheet lor.

yest, my FIL went fishing and brought back a 6kg fish. MIL want to give us some to bring home n hubby told her no! we told them we official close shop.. hahah.. my fridge now only got milk, fruits n snacks... hahah.. this week, when i'm in SG, hubby is away on biz trip. n when i'm flying off, he will be back. like very ming ku man..

schnauzie

ant - welcome back..u poor thing just come back then ur hubby fly liao..abit like niu lang zhi nu leh.

my fish is 1 week n 1 day old. i only got tau cheo only no black bean so don think i can use?

skylar

Ant..
wah... ur hb & u really like wat Sch say leh.. niu lang zhi nu ah.. he come u go, u come he go.. but he will be back soon rite? so its ok lah..
tell u ah.. those fishing kena fish ah damn difficult to scale one leh.. last time i got a frd also always give me fish, its good lah but descaling it really takes times man.. kekek..
so now u can rest & relax till ur hb comes back liao lor.. keke..

Sch,
i think if u keep it in freezer for 1 week still can lah.. go use sliced ginger & some salted veg put on top of the fish with tomato & plum steam will be best! unless u wanna keep ur fish longer till u can buy ur fish a 1 year old birthday cake lor.. whahaha...

yongee86

simi niu lang zhi nu... wah biang.. tat one very ill fated lor, meet only once a year leh..

skylar, no, on the day he returned which is this wed, i'm flying off to seoul.. hahha.. so will only see him when i'm back from seoul...

my MIL is an expert in slaughtering big fishes and removing the scales. she has done tat for years lor coz my FIL go fishing almost every other weekend lor.

sch, another very easy recipe for dark sauce for fish.
deep fry the fish and set aside.
fry some garlic, ginger and shallots.
Add some water, oyster sauce to it.
add some cornstarch solution and done. just pour over the fried fish.

can use black soy sauce in replacement of oyster sauce too.

if you wana invest in black bean sauce, get those spicy type. then u can pour over the fish and steam it.

levynn

got photos of mini genting... show u all where i'm staying. Genting Highlands was officially opened on 8th Aug 1978. the man behind the project is neither an architect nor engineer.

472102.jpg

levynn

the next one is also the model of genting... it basically shows the whole of genting highlands, including the theme park.

472106.jpg

schnauzie

eh levv - box u ah..u go to genting then take photo of small little model to show us! so will u say it's fun n nice place to go or nt?

ant - ok the dark sauce recipe sounds real easy maybe i will book it n put in a bowl and using it as a dippin sauce ..seemy hubby want or not.

schnauzie

sky - u know hor i just dispose this fish i bought like 6 mths ago..? din dare to eat it liao..can buy half a birthday cake for it liao

skylar

SCh.. wat??
u keep fish for 6 mths??? wahh.. u also very good leh.. why nv eat ah? dun think u can eat a fish if it is 6mths le man!! keke... dun play play ah..

Levynn,
why u show us mini genting pix ah??

schnauzie

keke...er dunno ..just don realli feel like eatin batang..so i just kept it inside..secretly hope it will disappear on it own

skylar

Joker leh u.. disappear on its own? u think ur fridge is wat? some David Copper field training gound ah.. kekee..
so u cooking today bor?

yongee86

today is black mon for me man.. i spent my whole day clearing hundreds of mails... can die man.. n spent alot of time writing emails to scold stupid people... feel so drained now.. so many things to do.. i'm well buried under the mountain of work that has piled..

sch, u r real farny.. wishing your fish to disappear????? u think your fridge got some batang eating animal??? whahah..

lev, u v cute lor.. show us mockups of genting layout.. tsk tsk..

schnauzie

sky - yup yup cooking tonight..the ngor he lor..my ah bu say deep fry can liao..expensive fish don waste by adding sauce...kinda hate fryin fish coz it always splash oil >(

eh where's ah pink and lina?

skylar

sCh..
think they both buried way underground by their work lor.. kekeke..
okok.. since ur ah bu say fry then fry lor.. shd be yummy!! kekeek..

schnauzie

ya think so -

eh btw the pics are out and i got absolutely great group pic of us tt day..tonight i free i email u all! v lovely

levynn

good morning babes!!

aiyah... u all dun scold me la. thot to upload all photos together wif my frens' ones then show u all ma. but if u all wan, can let u all see mine 1st lor. will email the link later.

ckw1011

hey levynn, juz saw ur fotos. the view from the hotel room is beautiful, & the baskin robbins ice-cream so happening =) the exterior of 1st world sibeh colourful, looked like lego ...
was it very cold?