CHINESE SOUP RECIPES

levynn

alamak, pink bunny... dun pretend pretend la... on MC stil come in here only wan to make us jealous, rite....

skylar

whahha.. pink.. why u on MC? keng one izzit? kekee..
I got missed hor... i call u the recipes ma ma leh.. whah lau.. u blind ah!

kekeke.. Levynn.
okok.. take ur time ya! Gam Xia!

aquarius_888

Pink, if I have spare one sure sell to you but that one is for PIL so bo bian leh...
sad.gif

pinkbunny

haha recipes mama. sibeh funny. ok la at least you got liang xin.

aiyoh aqua i love you deep deep leh. still go and check for me who selling deep fryer. i secretly go buy then tell my ah lao 'aiyah that time our wedding someone gave to us as present la REMEMEBR? no har? must be you drunk la don't remember anything. oh well since we have, might as well use right?'
rofl.gif

skylar: mc geng one? walau eh. you see me no up is it...... of course geng one la!
biggrin.gif
cos my ah lao don't work on fridays so when i woke up late with a SLIGHT headache i thought ah what the hell. 14 day leave entitlement record swee swee might as well use la. but all you kwai kwai ones out there, don't try this at home!
nono.gif

EH WHO MENTION SOMETHING ABOUT MAHJONG???!!! me me me!!! but i stay west side. ghim moh. home of all aunties so i fit right in. can come over lao niang house also
biggrin.gif
but this weekend buey sai. cos i on MC and must accompany my ah lao. next time k? plan in advance (cheh, maciam like you girls invited me to join your mahjong gang like that. i self invite!)

tou2

Hi levynn

Can you please send me a copy of the recipes too? We are moving into our own place very soon and my huuby really likes soups. The recipes will really help alot! Thanks! [email protected]

pinkbunny

hey hey. found another recipe that i've yet to try but wanna share:

season small pieces of chicken (even smaller than bite sized) with salt and pepper and parsley and basil). fry garlic in olive oil, then add in chicken, then add in spaghetti, and chilli padi/chilli flakes. can throw in more parsley (the prepared kind) and basil at the last minute also. mmm mm sedap!!

skylar

Wahaha... Pink..
u today nv geng again ah? kekeke....

Nv cook lah.. weekend.. slping time also bor gao liao. still cook?!? keke.. I did some melted cheese with hotdogs .. yummy!!

pinkbunny

today never geng la. although i should cos my whole body aching. hubby and i started healthy lifestyle and went jogging yesterday. geh kiang haha.

yesterday we decided to finally clear some stock of cans of the pork legs from the wedding. just line the bottom of your pot with potatoes, throw in 2 cans of pork legs (err.... not the actual cans hor), one onion (sliced) and boil until potatoes are soft. quite nice la. mai hiam bueh pai.

anyone still got recipe of how to cook pork legs? we got like 6 more cans left! haha. from guo da li lah!

skylar

Pink,

I know my mom always fried beehoon with cans of pork legs one leh.. not bad.. nice nice.. kekkee... so oily.. dun always eat lah.. but if in case u run out of pork legs hor..

mai gong bor lah.. I got 2, can sponsor u!! whahaa......

pinkbunny

hey skylar, can ask yr ah bu for recipe? walau, i got 6 more cans... thanks but you keep yours for your own oily consumption la! hehe.

skylar

Whaaha... Pink..
Ah Bu now di do-ing lor.. ltr ask for u lah.. I remember her that dish is a fav among all my cousins ah.. kekeke...

actually hor.. if limpeh give u my 2 pork legs hor.. then will bai ka liao leh.. cannot lah.. kekee.. maybe can donate the oil give u lah.. kekek..

ckw1011

levynn
can email me the files as well, to [email protected], thanks.

skylar
do u hv the recipe for deep frying calamari, if hv can post it here? love to eat but dunno hw 2 cook. yo, plus recipe for the sauce as well ya, thanks.

skylar

Lina...
nabz.. u think I look like Chef si bor? still wanna the sauce recipe!! Arruughhh..... u nid me to tell u how to skin the sotong & cut it bor ah? Whahaha...

wait i go dig lah ok..

pinkbunny

eh skylar, if you got the sotong recipe i also want! and you can't say limpeh hor.... must say limbu! but it's sibeh pai tiah. say lao niang la! keke. wah your ah bu good life leh. i also want to sleep late late. steady la, ask her later for super pork leg recipe!

lina, the sauce, can try adding chopped gerkins and pickles in mayo, with a dash of lemon. but just make enough for 1 serving cos i dont think can keep

ckw1011

huh skylar
actually u're rt, cos i really nid u to teach me how to skin the sotong. btw, i ask u gals, hw to wash the sotong clean clean? the last time i tried, when i cooked, the black ink came out leh, means i didn't wash it clean rt?

thanks pink bunny. what is gerkins? is not garlic rt? ntuc got sell or not?

skylar

Next time I snap pixs to show u lah hor.. step by step ai mai? kekkee...

Fried Calamari

Ingredients

1 pound of Calamari
1 cup flour

Preparation

Cut the head and tentacles off all of the calamari. Once the head is removed clean out the inside making sure to remove the quill. Scrape or peel the skin off the squid until you reach the white flesh. Cut into rings and rinse under the water. Once you have everything cleaned you will need either a frying pan or a deep fryer to cook the calamari. Take each piece of calamari and dip it in the flour. Make sure to cover entirely in flour. Shake off the excess and place it into the heated oil. Cook until golden brown.

skylar

kekeke.. pple .. i tried to wrap up my rice with egg leh.. quite a mess lah but fun to cook lor.. kekeke.. show u all ah..
Finally wrapping all up
368191.jpg

The rice inside.. kekeke..
368192.jpg

Nothing fanciful lah.. cannot fight with restaurant lor.. sob..sob...

pinkbunny

eh skylar, so cool the egg rice! like nasi pattaya is it? keke.

cool man, the calamari recipe. what flour you use? plain?

gerkins, i think the bigger NTUCs will sell. cold storage also got. sotong you got to remove the plastic thingie from inside them, and the ink bag

skylar

Pink..
ya ya.. plain flour.. actually if u want can add egg also lor...

my ah bu is more of a cook then me leh. but frankly i super nua so always nv learn from her lor...
368197.jpg

look at her spread for dinner... think if i cook will take like 1 week to prepare ah.. whahah...

pinkbunny

wah skylar your ah bu's cooking is happening leh!!!!! you should invite her to our auntie outings so she can impart her skills to us! ask her to teach how to make curry can? :D

btw i got green curry recipe. when i can find it i will post here. it's easy but tedius

ps your flour: can add chilli flakes into flour also if want spicy calamari!

skylar

Pink...
can can... but dun add those chilli flakes.. coz too big liao.. won't stick to the squid.. u add chilli powder better..

Ya I do agree my ah bu cooking skills really tok gong lor... haiz.. tink i must work part to let her impart skills to me liao.. her curry is a killer man! always got relative come eat liao hor. .. goh dai tabao one leh.. but my ah bu love it when pple love her food lor..

Found another one of my ah bu signature dish - Yao Cai Chicken....
368218.jpg

skylar

Aiyoh.. Nvm lah.. kekeke...
see when I can ask my ah bu to cook her curry chicken dish again.. she dun always cook one.. kekeke...

ckw1011

hey thanks skylar & pink!
wah skylar, auntie's dishes damn happening man, score full marks for presentation =) yo, got recipe for the yao cai chicken?

skylar

Lina,
next time u come my hse lah.. ask her to cook then u copy down all the notes lor.. whahaha.. then can get to eat somemore..

I love to snap pixs of my ah bu's cooking..

skylar

Sure kekeke... u ask Aqua lor.. she also know my ah bu mah..

Lina also rite? kekeke.. ah bu ah bu...
another snap of food which my ah bu cook for me when i was sick.. porridge with my fav. taiwan xiang chang!!!
368251.jpg

pinkbunny

yup i saw it too! but expensive ler. $22. i saw $15 also. ah.... typical auntie. look around to find best deal! keke

ckw1011

aqua, no nid 2 scram, skylar & her ah bu r great hosts and like pple over at their place. tiobo, skylar? =) skylar, u eat taiwan xiang chang when u're sick?? wah lau, wu siao bo ...

saw this recipe on women's weekly, for choc dessert lovers:

Chocolate Strawberry Charlotte Cake (serves 6)

* 1 cup water
* Half cup caster sugar
* 1 third cup strawberry-flavoured liqueur (optional)
* 1 X 250g packet sponge finger biscuits, halved crossways
* 140g strawberries, sliced thinly
* Choc eggs & halved strawberries 2 decorate

Filing
* 4 egg yolks
* Half cup caster sugar
* Half cup milk
* 300ml thickened cream
* 3 tbsps gelatine
* 1 & a half tbsps water
* 100g white chocs, melted

1 Grease a 22cm spring-form tin; line with clingfilm, extending film 5 cm above edge of tin;
2 Combine water & sugar in a pan; stir over low fire, without boiling, until sugar is dissolved. Bring to boil, uncovered, for 2 min. Stir in liqueur; cool. Dip biscuits in syrup; arrange flat side around inside of prepared tin. Dip remaining biscuits in syrup; arrange over base;
3 To prepare filling, whisk yolk and sugar until creamy. Pour milk and half the cream into a pan; bring to boil. Remove from fire. Gradually whisk hot milk mixture into egg mix; return mixture to pan. Stir over low fire; for 10 min; remove;
4 Sprinkle gelatine over water in a cup. Stand cup in pan of simmering; stir until dissolved. Stir into custard with melted chocolate. Cover with clingfilm; cool in fridge. Whip remaining cream until soft peaks form; fold into custard mix;
5 Pour one-third custard mix over biscuit base. Top with sliced strawberries, then remaining custard mix. Cover; refrigerate overnight. Serve with chocolate eggs and strawberries.

the recipe sounds a bit foreign 2 me, but the cake looks yummy. btw, does anyone has the recipe for cheese cake (the no baking needed type)?

ckw1011

here's another one:

Ginger Egg + Lean Pork Soup (serves 2)

* 2 eggs (beaten)
* Lots of ginger
* Chicken Stock
* Garlic
* Marinated Lean Pork (marinate w light soy sauce, hua tiao jiao, saseme oil, + a little bit of sugar)

1 Add oil to wok and fry ginger till golden brown, pour in egg and try to "fold" the ginger into the egg; remove;

2 Fry garlic till golden brown then add lean pork, continue frying till fragrant, then add water + chicken stock. Add egg after chicken stock dissolves. Taste soup, if not enuf taste, then add a bit of salt.

* Can add mee sia or beehoon if u want it to be a complete meal by itself. Sedap!!

pinkbunny

wah lina's virgin recipe posting is happening leh :D

an auntie question: everytime i fry lean pork, it will kena dry dry hard hard, not nice. how do i know when to stop? fish and chicken i know. pork i brur brur...

ckw1011

pink, (wah, now i'm blushing =) i heard from my auntie the secret is in cutting the pork leh. she said what follow the pattern on the pork when u cut, so u always muz turn the pork here & there to follow the pattern when u cut. not sure if i make sense here, but u can try. hope the other ladies hv other beta ways.

btw girls, the recipe i juz posted, is marinate sliced lean pork, not one whole big piece ya.

skylar

Wahhh.. Lina Virgin posting leh.. hhmm..
wei... when u coming my hse to cook gif me eat ah? whahaha...

for a sec, I thot u wanna say must massage the pork first before cooking leh.. kekkeeke...