CHINESE SOUP RECIPES

skylar

babes..
me now trying to compile my ah bu's recipes up man! kekekeke.... since i got time on hand.. maybe i can start a cookbook myself.. whahaha..
any sponsored publisher bor?

ckw1011

sponsored publisher bo lah skylar. but if u want 2 try out the recipes hor, i sacrifice myself 2 b the guinea pig 2 do food tasting =) me v good hor??

schnauzie

sky - sponsor boh lah but i can be guinea pig try out the recipe see user frenly or not..

heehee i tot mata just gettin more lazy..

skylar

babes,
check tis out Gold rose promo for Mother's Day special selling at $90, X bor ah? any one of u here interested?

GOLD ROSE
475474.jpg
475475.jpg

Gold Rose – 1 Stalk In Box
Symbolises Gold Luv, Forever Luv, Forever Memory
Made from 24k gold foil, purity of 99.9% gold
Size : L x W x H : 30 x 10 x 6cm
Dimension Of Rose : 5 to 6cm
Petal & Leaves Are Gold Foil
Stem is coated gold
Weight : Gold Rose With Box 300g
Weight Of 1 Stalk Of Gold Rose : 8g
Includes wrapping & delivery

ckw1011

wah skylar, u so happening thot of giving ur mum gim huay. sorry la fren, i dunno the "mkt px" 4 gim so dunno X or not. i think if u really want 2 buy this, see if u can look at the actual product & not juz the pix. i believe the actual rose will b quite small & 8g v light nia leh.

skylar

no lah Lina.
just tat i see the gold rose like sibeh steady lor.. but i also think very X man..

just got an invoice for a painting which my boss wife bought.. farking US29,000!!! For a freaking painting!!! When I dun think i can even earn that kinda $$ man.. gosh..

pinkbunny

tada! yesterday's dinner

475872.jpg

Deep fried pork fillets, salmon with wongbok, potato+carrot soup and the nonsense is fried minced meat. The story behind it is that when I defrosted, I thought I was defrosting 2 packs of chicken. Scarley when defrosted liao, I realised it's one small pack of minced meat and 1 pack of pork fillet.

Then I bought taohu to fry for like 'tie ban dou fu' kind, but the taohu I bought was SPOILT! kwa kwa kwa... So become black pepper fried minced meat lor. But quite nice leh
happy.gif

ckw1011

helo babes
aha, finally i also got some food pix 2 post (like ant said lor, tis weekend r auspicious dates 4 lina 2 cook):

yday dinner:

475904.jpg

gan tan croquette. kamsia skylar 4 the recipe =)

dessert:

475905.jpg

dried longan red dates agar agar w sweet potato. inspired by skylar's hubby 2 arrange swee swee into a flower pattern

ckw1011

ok, tis is today's lunch:

475909.jpg

475910.jpg

ham & oyster mushroom pasta w pan-fried fish.
hubby did salt w ginger & orange zest (dip 4 the fish) which was damn salty

ckw1011

tonite's dinner:

475915.jpg

475916.jpg

- porks ribs w bittergourd cooked in black beans & dou jiang (the bittergourd tasted v shiok!)
- boiled baby kailan w oyster sauce & fried garlic
- claypot sesame chicken
- fishbone soup w tomato & beancurd

tiring 2 prepare the dishes, but v satisfying 2 c them turned out not too badly, hehe

levynn

good morning babes!

wah, lina... not bad ah. now u seem like more hardworking than me liao. haha. cook so many dishes over the weekend...

schnauzie

wah lina - woo hoo..such a spread! recipe for pork rib w bittergourd pleaseeeee!

the pasta looks good too!

my contribution
475989.jpg

pig trotter (used the wrong dark soy sauce..needed the super thick kind..but taste still quite there..yummy)

475990.jpg

fried rice with luncheon meat, chinese sausage and mixed veg

475991.jpg

ayam masak sambal kicap (yummy yummy! got this peranakan recipe from imperial kitchen food forum and its si yummy)

475992.jpg

stir fry lady's finger with cut chilli and garlic and i added some salted fish, minced pork with button mushroom (marinated the pork with hua diao, soy sauce, pepper and sesame oil...sesap!)

yongee86

ohaiyoooo..

wow!! *whistle* LINA! you cooked so many dishes! really huang dao ji ri man! how about doing this again for this sat??? then the rest don't need to prepare anything! :p

everyone's food look so yummy, esp to a sick person (aka me) who has been taking porridge for a week already.. one good thing, lost 1 some weight esp around tummy area.. hahah..

ckw1011

so ant, r u feeling beta now? what did the doc say?

sch, i'll post the bittergourd recipe tonite. at the same time, i can also post pix of the beanie products tt i put in the bittergourd dish cos i'm not sure of the angmoh names

skylar

Morning....

Wahh... Steady lah Lina & Sch..
u all cook with a vengence ah? Wahahah..
all the food looks sooo yummy!!
Way to go man!

schnauzie

lina - i tot u say u put black bean and tao cheong into ur bittergourd? hubby likes bittergourd ;p

levv - u have not been cooking? so u 2 dabao everyday? u know now pizza hut got the thin crust crispy pizza..feel like tryin it out for dinner one of these days yummmmmy

pinkbunny

WAH LINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! kowtow kowtow

this weekend all very cookie hor?
biggrin.gif

lao niang will be a bit more slack now. when move to new house the will stage a comeback! hehe

ckw1011

sch, the black bean is known as dou si in cantonese. actually, i'm also not sure if the angmoh name is black bean, anyway tell the gan liang uncle dou si & he'll noe wat 2 gif u.

ok, here's the recipe (serves 5):

marinate the pork ribs w salt, sugar, light soy sauce & sheng fen aka tai bai fen, leave it 4 about 1.5hr, then deep fry 4 a while

cut bittergourd into long rectangular pcs, deep fry 4 a while

* u can also choose not 2 deep fry the bittergourd & pork ribs if u want the dish not 2 oily. but i'll taste beta if u deep fry them lor.

transfer the fried bittergourd & fried pork ribs 2 pot, add a bit of water if too dry. then add 1 tblspoon of dou jiang & 3.5 tblspoon of black beans (can add more black beans if u want the taste 2b stronger). simmer under medium heat for 45 min or till bittergourd & pork ribs r soft

levynn

schnauzie... usually i eat dinner alone la. ah lao always work til quite late. or sometimes i'll eat wif my folks. but my mum juz gave me the slow cooker, thinking of wat to cook it wif.

i also like bittergourd... esp if stir-fry wif eggs n black beans... yummy!

skylar

me gg to zzzzz liao.. so tired man!! Wei.. babes got big news to share share with u all leh.. check ur emails.. kekeke..

yongee86

lina, doc juz said it is gastric lor... was super sick on fri tat my dad was super worried... but now better.. still not much appetite.. cant even finish my yong tau foo lunch ( which has only 'liao' but no noodles)

all the food discussion is making me damn hungry.. but once the food is in front of me, dun feel like eating man..

last sat, FIL went fishing again and brought back huge fish again.. MIL insist we bring some back n now i got 2 diff type of fish in my freezer which i have absolutely no feel to cook at all.. bcoz of me, MIL cooked bee hoon pork rib soup for everyone for dinner last nite coz hubby told her me not feeling well.. n we had fish head claypot as side dish.. think hubby kinda of hinted to his mum not to nag at me tis time.. it's either tat or i looked damn sick den she decided to give me some peace.. coz usually she will nag non stop whenever she hear i got gastric pain.. heheh..

skylar

Lina,
it is an email which i got from my ofc abt my recep.. Ant saw it liao... kekeke..
me now busy ltr then i send out ok

yongee86

lina, actually, now that she got over the 'loss' of her precious son staying not near her, she is quite okie.. just loves to nag at me to change job that fly less frequent.

skylar, u wan me to forward the mail to the rest on your behalf?

minnie_gal16

Hi Gals.. Sorry to intrude but me looking for Skylar...

Skylar,

Did you receive my email? I asked you for Serene's contact... Thanks ah...

Anyway, I would also like to say you gals can cook v well!! So many different kinds of recipes and food photos here. Hah.

skylar

Ant..
ok plse help me fwd.. thxs! kekek.. been busy today..

Minnie,
Serene is out of town leh.. dun think u can find her for the time being, sorry me no time to check emails..

ckw1011

sch, tis is 4 u (remember i bgt a butter cream cake from shangri-la tt cost $500?):

476207.jpg

476208.jpg

the real cake looked quite cute, like a toy =)

levynn

good morning babes!

woke up wif an aching shoulder, n stuffy nose... shit.... seems like the virus is going ard the office. my colleague on MC today liao...

lina... $500 for a cake ah! xiao leh... eat already then no more liao... but nice or not?? it's all creamy leh...

ckw1011

good morning babes

levynn ... the outer layer was vanilla butter cream & sugar coating so a bit sweet. but the cake inside nice nice

levynn

was surfing Nigella's website when i came across a very simple chocolate truffles recipe. so decided to give it a try. it's supposed to b truffles... but dun seem to look like in the end...

this is how it looks like the "during" process...
476316.jpg

then the final product... no look like truffles at all... hahaha...
476317.jpg

btw, i always got problems uploading my pics. how come u all can upload so big pics... mine have to shrink to so small...

schnauzie

morning babes!

went out for a meetin yesterdae

sky - boh email from u leh??!

lina - gam xia much much for the recipe. the pork rib is it those for soup kind? just one type right? ask u hor the tao cheong is pretty salty if don add more water will it be v salty or not? told u all my stove fire very big right? if cook for 45 min think all dry liao haha..okok i go to my market tt shop ask for dou si

the cake is sooooo shiok! shang already got the design or u all customise with the pattiser? the outer layer can eat also right?

ant - actualli like tt ur MIL is sayang u already..not like my MIL ask me is it my hubby lost weight..#(#*)$. i told her straight..he is tryin to lose weight. HMMP!

ah pink - how is ur reno goin on?

levv - so u go back to ur folk's place for dinner everyday?

schnauzie

levv - how is the taste? i like to watch nigella on her domestic goddess cooking show!

anyway my dinner last night:
ah lao looooove the steam fish teochew style..hehe

deep dried tau kwa, sambal kangkong, steam garouper and cooling lean pork soup (got this recipe from a chinese soup recipe book - 300 gm lean pork dont slice, with huai shan, lily bulb, dried logan, lotus seed and yu zhu)
476320.jpg

deep

yongee86

ohaiyooo..

the toy car cake looks cute. but hor, when i first initial saw the pic but never read the post, u noe wat i thot it was? i thot it was for burning type.. u get wat i mean rite? lol..

lev, not bad siahzz.. how did it taste like? good?

ckw1011

sch ... the pork rib is those 4 soup type, ask the pork seller 2 cut into small small pieces 4 u. hmmm, the bone type lor, i think is juz one type ba, ask for pai2 gu3. the tao cheong i used was ok, not v salty. if u're worried, maybe u can put less? cos if too much water, then not nice liao. eh, put into small stove fire lah if the fire is too big.

shang already has the design, i juz told them i wanted a ferrari cake. yup, the whole car is meant 2b eaten. btw sch, ur deep dried tau kwa small small pcs v cute, looked like the white type fried carrot cake = p

so steady Levynn noe how to make chocolate truffles. clever =)

ant ... when the car was inside the box, it really really looked like the burning type!! the hr mgr was so worried tt he actually went out 2 try & buy another cake! in the end, he drove out, came bk opic in 15 min said the over-the-counter cakes were all v small, 1.5kg max, not enuf 2 eat. so in the end, we still used the car cake ($500! leh, if dun use, really heart pain man) & just kept our fingers crossed tt no one made any negative comments during the cake cutting ceremony lor. phew, heng my cols all commented the cake looked nice! & can tell tt my boss was v happy!!

yongee86

whahah... lina, so it is not just me tat see the car tat way lah..

sch, my MIL can see clearly tat her son has put on alot of weight ever since we got married last yr.. and alot of relatives commented on that during cny.. plus the fact that i can cook some dishes tat she duno how to cook and got v good ratings from other mbrs of the family.. of course she can stop picking fault lah.. plus hubby is not the only son mah... n she now can see how tired i look every time i go over coz of the flying and also my mum's case, so she more worried about my health lor..

schnauzie

lina - i din think it look like that kind of car..i just tot tt if i were a little boy and i receive such a cake it is like a dream come true..look so cute and toy like!

ant - heehee ur hubby put on weight as a result of ur pampering ah? keke..too bad my hubby very fat liao..he only can lose weight cannot put on liao

yongee86

sch, ur hubby not fat lah.. the trick is.. make him grow fatter n den when ur MIL can see it, u can start making him lose weight..

me now very excited.. coz hubby finally managed to convince his boss about long leave and we are confirmed going europe. just booked my air tic via krisflyers.. yeah.. initially, the boss dun allow n we were to change our plans to go nz but i was more keen on europe. hubby can tell i'm real disappointed about not gg europe so he changed tactic wif his boss on the leave! hahah.. finally, got smth to look forward to in my boring work life!! heheh..

levynn

aiyah... lina, juz trying out. dun look like truffles though. haha.

but overall, dun taste too bad. most of my colleagues said ok, except one mentioned a little too cheesy. coz i dun have a food processor to properly mix up the ingredients... gotta use a fork to mix.

Ant... good for u! we all know u deserve the break. i miss europe... hopefully can go back soon... esp Belgium...

schnauzie

ant - congrats!!! u finally got ur wish! when r u goin? ur krisflyer points allow u to redeem one or 2 tics? so fun!

where r u goin now?

yongee86

ya, used my krisflyer pts to redeem air tics for me n hubby.. going in early aug.. it is damn tough to redeem wif SQ n must book damn early k.. coz they only allocate very few seats per flight to popular destinations n must book early in advance..

going for 12 days, covering italy, france, switzerland, holland, london and one more which i cant remb if it is austria or belgium.. now still deciding between cosmos or trafalgar local tours..

told hubby die die must extend 1 free day in paris coz i wana go disneyland.. hahha..

now got a dilemma lor, should put my job hunt on hold til come back from hols or shld continue hunting.. scarli get new job offer b4 hols den will b super LL i think..

levynn

ant... your itenerary sounded like wat i went to 2 yrs ago. if go belgium, die die must buy their chocs! it's the best! n so much cheaper than wat we can get here for the same product.

yongee86

lev, u went by local tour agency or u joined the local tours in europe? now still looking thru but i die die wana go italy, france and switzerland..