Chijmes

cheekychick

Hi Dhin, Chijmes did offer me 20 tables when i emailed her dat i do not have 25 tables. But becos my date is so far away in 2009, she asked me to approach them later but prices will be different already. I tink most probably, i will give up Chijmes already...cos 2008 prices are already quite ex to me. Plus LCD projector also charge..and to me hor, anything more than 20 tables in Chijmes will not look nice..too crowded..i tot 16 tables shld look juz nice loh. SIGH~

zephany

hi cheeky_chick, i know what you mean.. cus for the aisle, you can only sit 16 tables.. 17th table onwards will be at the sides where they will be blocked.. so it can be irritating for the guests.

as for projector, i am borrowing it from office :p so we only renting the screen (one screen only) at $100.

cheekychick

Hi Nagol, yup yup u r rite..i find 16 tables the best...20 is already pushing it
sad.gif
Heard dat www.projector-rental.name costs $80..u might wana give it a try
happy.gif
There is a thread here & seems like the service is not bad..

http://www.projector-rental.name/projector-rental.htm

Hope it helps all Chijmes brides here
happy.gif

zephany

hey thanks for the link!

ahh anyone knows any PIANO for rent? I am engaging a 3 piece band.. 2 violinist and 1 pianist to play classical music during the lunch banquet..but i cant seem to find a supply for the piano!

sad.gif

prettyme

Hi Nagol,

It will be romantic to have the violins. What are the charges of engaging them? Also, will there be any echos since the hall is pretty big???

zephany

i heard that music is okay in the hall.. but not good for singing or speech due to the echo.. hmm..

as for charges, i think it depends how long you want them to stay to play and they are pretty flexible and work around your budget.

I haven discuss further yet because my wedding is a year from now mah hahaha

but if you want their contacts,

they are at http://www.jazzicalbelles.com/

Arhhh!!! Nagol, we are like super telepathy already!! I was thinking of engaging a trio for myself too. Not the pianist though. Just purely string. Cos i play string too. So it will be a special thing for me.

Must share your video with me okies?? So exciting!

jammy

Hi, I have a comprehensive package with Chijmes (20 tables and free corkage) to let go. The date is on 10 May 2008 and Chijmes cannot change this date for transfer cases.

Have paid the deposit of $3000 but will transfer at anything around $2500.

Please respond with your email for the package details.

zephany

alluring dec: hee!! that's great. I don't play any instruments lah. haha.. just wanted to add the music for the atmosphere but not too sure how music will turn out at chijmes hall leh..

anyone has experience?

jac_chan

Hi,

I was a Chijmes bride b4 in Dec 2006, just wanna share some of my experience in having a wedding dinner there. The atmosphere was great and their sound systems were ok. The co-ordinator in charge was very helpful. But one thing to take note was the attitude of those waitors and waitressess, maybe they are too young, (maybe is only part timer), so their svc not that good. Need to really watch out for that. Other than that, everythings were great.
happy.gif

Hi jac,

Dec 2006. Were you attended by Starworth as well? I do understand from my friends that Chijmes had a change of caterer or something recently.

Ya... share with us if any of your guests mentioned anything about the food. (Guess this is the only thing my relative will "complain"!)

jac_chan

Food wise was ok, the portion was big enough for everybody, Me even can ta bao back to hotel to eat... Chijmes are very flexible abt the menu, u can change the dishes in between, for eg, in my package, I had a squid dish, so not very "good" to have squid so I saw in 2007 menu, they have prawn instead, so I request to change, they agreed and did not impose any additional chrgs. Also I requested to change my desert to tang yun red bean instead of yam paste, they also agreed without any add chrg as well. so I was very impress abt their svc loh.

Yah I was attended by Starworth, in fact I think 2006 was the first year that Starworth took over bah...

zephany

yeah.. i am quite happy that they are flexible.

My FFIL wanted to make it a 8 dishes course instead of 6 (cus mine's a lunch banquet) so i added a garoupa (which makes it a 7 course) so we requested for onemore dessert, they offer to give a fruit platter for free to make it a nice 8 number.

me and my FH are pretty pleased with their service and flexibility.

piglet08

Hi, Anyone still looking for Chimjes Wedding Package? I've received a promo package. Let me know if you want a copy.

binmao

I just signed up with Chijmes and the wedding in May next year. We would be discussing the actual day photography with the Bridal Studio soon and would really appreciate if Chijmes brides who have had their weddings share with me your photos!

[email protected]
Multiply account ID: binmao

Thanks a million!
kao_laugh.gif

meepley

I also received a promo package in my email, but not sure if it's the one you gals might be looking for?

It's by a wedding planning company, says if book Chijmes package with them can get a case of complimentary red wine and 20% off their packages.

jade84_13

Meeplay: The packages looks pretty expensive and the minimum booking is 250, I understand from my cousin who used to work there that the ideal wedding should be about 120- 160 guest so why the 250 minimum? Also who is the sales manager that attended to you? I have make enquiry over the phone and through email but had little luck on a proper response. I really like the place but I have read so much negative remarks from lousy food to rude wait staff, that I am torn betwwen the place and what the wedding will turn out to be.

meepley

Hello CMC, I guess the prices might be about the same/more expensive compared to hotels. Must admit that hotels give more perks e.g. free night's stay at bridal suite, etc....but guess a lot of brides still chose Chijmes because it is really a nice place.

I haven't made the booking yet because still thinking about it...and looking at my options...

I think 250 is the minimum for waiver of rental (the Hall rental is $6000)...

Have been liaising with this lady called Jenny. Her tel is 6332 6284. Perhaps you can try giving her a call? Can find out more before you decide... ;-)

binmao

kao_wedding.gif

Hi gals, I am trying to let go of my Chijmes package that is scheduled for next year 10-May-08. Is anyone interested? We are willing to transfer this off at a good discount. Please email me at [email protected].

binmao

Oh and Xue Li, I am not sure if I can transfer this package away because my fiance had a sudden job posting.

But gals, I forgot to mention: My package has got free corkage for all wines (duty-paid or not) is only 20 table (but if more than 25 tables, you will get the 26th free). 1 night stay in Swissotel and more here and there.

Thanks, Jaime

meepley

Anyone took the sit-down Western 4-course lunch before? Can share if it went down well with the guests and if it shortened the duration of the meal by a lot?

Thanks!
happy.gif

pinkloveang

I choose Chijmes because it really looked like an English wedding. I always wanted an English type of wedding, churches in Spore doesn't look England's type of church if u know wat i mean. Definitely love the long aisle. I walked very quickly down the aisle, coz it suddenly seemed too long on my actual day. or rather nervous, wanna quickly get over n done with. hahha! So the plus point is because of the exterior, everything looks nice n beautiful. Really depends on what you wan, good food or beautiful exterior?

monroe

Hi, I'm a fellow CHIJMES BTB and would like to find out whether the videographer employed by CHIJMES is any good?

I'm of the understanding that CHIJMES has a specific tie-up with this videographer and I won't be able to hire someone else to do the job.

So please share with me if you have had earlier experience of celebrating your wedding at CHIJMES. Thanks!

zephany

Hi CHIJMES brides-to-be.. it's been so quiet!! any updates..?

happy.gif

any chijmes ex-brides have AD photos to share? =)

dhz

hey all..

Im a Chijmes BTB as well! signed up with Yvonne earlier.. just received an email saying that she has left the company.. anybody signed up with Yvonne as well?

stopels

Hi there, i am considering the upper club in Chijmes as my banquet is going to be 12 to 15 tables only, chijmes hall requires a min of 18 tables. Has anyone experienced wedding event there?

The perks shown to me are very minimal since our table no. is small. The price is almost S$1,000 per table.

pinkpony

Hi capri, I am thinking of the Upper Club too. Have you been there? I actually went twice - in the afternoon and evening. Both kind of give a different ambience.

My coordinator assisting is Jenny. Asked her couple of questions since last view the place but still haven't really heard from her.

I am still looking around.. so yet to confirm it.

prettyme

Hi Miss Lala,

So far I've only been to Chijmes in the day time. What is the difference of the ambience in the night compared to the day??

can anyone advice??

Hi,

Anyone took the videographer that Chijmes offered to project the night's event onto the screen setup for those guests blocked by the pillars a.k.a those on the left and right wings. Please share your experience with me. Thanks.

monroe

Hi Alluring,

I have the same query as well. I will probably get the videography but I have no idea whether it's worth it or whether he's any good.

ex-Chijmes brides, do share your experience! =)

jac_chan

Hi,

During my wedding at Chijmes, I only took up their rental package for one projector which place at the center of the stage.... It costs abt $400+ that time... For my person opinion, it is not worth to get the projectors cum videographer package offered by Chijmes, very ex... is better to get it from outside.

zephany

I only took up the projector screen which costs me $100. My fiance has the projector ( borrow from his office ) :p

As for videography, i also outsource it. It's a package with my AD photography. Costs $1.9k (AD PG + VG combine)

If you're interested to know who..

they are Depixel.

happy.gif

A question, anyone engaging a live band to play music on ur wedding day in Chijmes?

monroe

Hi BTBs,
I've checked with Jenny from Chijmes though and apparently, we can't outsource the videography to outsiders apart from the one used by Chijmes. hmmm wonder if the rules have changed.

Nagol : Sorry, I'm not engaging a live band..so can't help you much. =)