Chijmes

little_bride

now they have their own catering services, their wedding package is just like hotel package. the hall rental fee is inclusive also, but the thing i worry is this is still v new so dun know abt the food n services loh...

handydog

U can go to their webside www.chijmes.com.sg. U can use external but to pay 10% or S$800 whichever is higher. I used Westin previously, price was reasonable and food was great...love their service but it was 5 yrs back
happy.gif
But having wedding at Chimjes was definitely my dream came thru'...it was absolutely beautiful. Since they have a wedding package, why not? It cost so much just to rent their hall. U can ask for food tasting before hand or check if they have any wedding promotion event coming up that allows food tasting, usually will charge a fee. Maybe can check with them on the catering service references, like previously cook is from where, yrs of service, their guarantee of food, no of waiters serving one table, comments from previous couples...

orith

Hello all

Yeah, Chijmes is really beautiful, and it's like a dream come true to hold wedding there
happy.gif

Anyone has been Chijmes wedding recently? Any experience and feedback to share?

andrei_n_averyl

hi all,
i used to dream abt having wedding in CHIJMES... and me and my FH actually went down to check things out and were quite close to paying deposit. in the end, there were so many things that "prevented" us from signing with them. in the end, chijmes didn't seem as good anymore..in the end signed with RTP.

andrei_n_averyl

hi Orith, can you leave your email here? i tried to pm you but cannot... i think better not say it here in case i get kicked out or what...keke..

orith

Hello Andrei

Thanks a lot for your email
happy.gif
Appreciate your help!!

Wow....you stayed up so late yesterday? Paiseh...paiseh

andrei_n_averyl

hi orith..nah..not your fault..stayed up with FH over icq..he's now in brunei..stayed up to discuss abt photography stuff..me got somehting to add ..will email you..sorry..keep forgetting some things..

and btw,i'm averyl..andrei is my fiance..keke

orith

hee...averyl
happy.gif

I used to have icq with my bf when i was in oz, and he being in sg. He's only there for a short while like biz trip right?

andrei_n_averyl

hi tommy..
i'm Averyl.. not Avery..keke.. alright.. will send you email soon.. but i must say, it is purely my own thoughts.. it may not happen to everyone... k?
happy.gif

rains

Thanks for sharing, Averyl. I appreciate that. I have heard about one or two things that you mentioned in your email. Now I know they can be deciding factors as to whether Chijmes is an ideal place for a wedding.
People probably have glamorised the venue.

Once again, thanks so much!

mitchell

Hi Everyone,

Me and my FH...we simply love the idea of holding our banquet at Chijmes! But it sounds quite negative here though. Anyone like to share their experience with me? I intend to go for chinese 9-course dinner...any idea roughly how much would that cost me per table?

my email: [email protected]

Thanks....Cheers!

tyng

Hi Averyl,

I will be having my church wedding in Chijmes tis Sep. Which florist did u get to decorate the place n how much did it cost???

alexus

Hi gals,

I had my wedding banquet in Chijmes last Sept. It was absolutely an awesome experience. Had taken the package from Chijmes as we dun want the hassle of looking for caterer and florist etc. Good thing Chijmes had already came up with the package then thou it was pretty new and not very tested yet, me and hubby decided to go for it after much consideration. No regrets! Food was fantastic and guests were commenting on the good food even until now half a year later. The deco was beautiful and romantic, just the way i love it to be. Everything was done so tastefully that both our parents were so happy and proud even though initailly they were not much for the idea of having the dinner at Chijmes, we were just so glad we went ahead with it, it has brought me lots of beautiful memories of the wedding and really it's like a dream come true
happy.gif

Guess all our guests enjoyed the ambience and good service Chijmes provided as much as we do. Truely the place was really charming and out of the world with the high ceiling and many chandeliers to give a classy and unique feel that is so different from the normal ballroom setting.
happy.gif
Initially when we first decided on Chijmes, we also struggled with the restrictions it came with, like pillars blocking the stage, bad sound system, limited carpark spaces, no access to toilets etc but after going through the wedding, we found that it was really not too bad and some of the worries were actually unfounded. Anyway there are always pros and cons to any location so it really depends on what is important to you. Been to many of the other hotels for wedding before and other drawbacks are much worse than that e.g. having guests walking into the wrong ballroom and finding some other couples' ang pows in their ang pow box and they wondered if theirs had gone to other people's box. At least this wun happen in Chijmes lar hehe
rofl.gif

whowillbe

Hey people,
I've just had my dinner at Chijmes last Sunday... I can only say that my guests enjoyed themselves so much that they stayed till very late... : )

Anyway for those who are interested in having a projector and screen for Chijmes, do drop me a IM because I've got contact. : )

No regrets having at Chijmes......

bchtemp

HI,
I've a chijmes rental pack to sell.
I've placed a deposit and found that the alternative dates a can't match my intended one. Currently its open dated till June 05

the deposit is like $1.155K Total is 2,300.
Price is negiotiable
I've also an attractive Kriston catering package for $5,190.00
If you are keen pls let me know asap.

alexus

hi akoyo,
i took the $738+++ per table weekend package but got a special price for it cos we are one of the first few couples to try out the new packages. that was last year's prices btw, not too sure if they have increased it now, better for you to check with Chijmes for the updated pricelist
happy.gif

fiomac

Hi All,

Am thinking of having a buffet dinner at Chijmes. Anyone know what are the charges and details? Do I need to use their official caterers?

preci0usm0ments

would like to know if this forum is still active, seems that no one has been posting in here..does it mean that there are very few CHIJMES brides ard?

paner

Hi alexus,
seems like you have a great time o yr big day. wld you mind sharing the photos with me? I'll be discussing the details with the chijmes coordinator. Thanks alot!
my email is [email protected]

flora_bliss

Hi,

I understand Chjimes is offering the chinese dinner package. Has anyone signed up for that package? Can anyone provide me with the information (e.g. what is the menu like? 8 or 9 course? etc...) and comments (esp on the food)?

Thanks!

ashly

Hi Adrian,

From what I understand, a church wedding with a lunch reception will easily come up to $10k and beyond.

tyng

Hi Adrian,
I will be having my church wedding cum lunch recep tis Sep but our total cost plus decor should be ard $5-6k

childlike

I am new here and going to consider chijmes chinese std banquet dinner as well. Anyone please do advice on whether chijmes catering is good enough

childlike

If I am not mistakne, what I last heard about Chijmes was that they are going to revise their packages. lasttime they used to use Kriston or some other caterers but now they are catering themselves. however, one can have the option of using a few other outside caterers authorised by chijmes which are hyatt and swissotel.

magaz

hi

just wondering how much does chijmes cost for just the wedding ceremony, without the banquet..? can anyone enlighten? thanks...