Changi Village Hotel for solemnisation?

momoqq

thanx creamyz!
our solemn will turn out great babe... *wink*

ya... i went shopping for wedding albums & those romantic love songs album lor.

creamyz

thanks momo...=)

i be meeting Ice from the florist this sun, not sure how to go to her place..anyone can advice?

huhu

hi creamyz,
I also need to figure out how to get to the florist's place....

hi Ann,
you are so lucky! imagine to win a bridal package. so envy of you hehe

hi momo,
Its tomorrow! Good luck and congrats! hope you enjoy yourself totally tmr!

gabriellek

momo

sorry for late reply, i never check forum since april!

you might have said this before, but are you having your ROM at poolside or salt water?? what time?

for me, i top up additional sash and flowers for alternate chairs at the dinning table for 4 tables, 2 center piece for each table x 4 tables, additional sash at "arch" for poolside, white flower ring pillow, and hand bouquet. total is close to $300.. i find it quite ex.
sad.gif

momoqq

thanks for all your wishes!!! im soooo excited...!

just finish last min checking... n its 2.20AM now... im gonna get my beauty sleep le... oh god, hope i dont look too bad.

gabrielle> thanks for your info babe. im having mine at the lobby poolside.

i'll be back on sunday! cheers!
happy.gif

huhu

Momo,
How's your ROM? I was at CVH on Sat and the sky was so gloomy. I was praying that the weather will hold for your event. Luckily it did in the end!

jackjoryne

haha.. sat weather was good
i was tehre for dinner with my parents and then we wentup to the pool with my wife to see see the place again.

gabriellek

momo

do you know, we share the same date at CVH? Mine was 8th floor poolside.. the weather looked like it was going to rain, with the gray clouds and everything. i was so scared! In the end, not only did it NOT rain, the cloudy sky made it less warm and the breeze was fantastic. i couldn't have asked for more.

i think you must have had a wonderful experience too, since you were on the 1st floor.
happy.gif

so happy!

momoqq

Hi everyone! im back! sorry... didn log in on sunday as promise, was busy. Thanks again for all your wishes!

weather was great & cooling... luckily it didn rain, or i'll sure cry. well... where should i start 1st.

check in at 2pm... upon reaching there... dan was already there waiting. after some discussion, we went up to the room to get some rest 1st, got the 7th floor one... able to see seaview ya.

nice, romantic & quite a big room... normal bedsheets was changed to red colour with printed bride/groom pic on it, bathtub was filled with water & rose petals & a couple of tealights on the basin area.
overall not bad.

3plus: florist called, want us to go down to see the finishes deco... nice nice... everything was done up nicely.

4pm: dan called, last min discussion & also meet up with the in-charge & team assigned to us.

4.30pm: make-up artist arrived, so i was glue to the seat. hubby & 2 'sisters' start to get ready.
make-up & hair was ok la... not bad.

5pm: photographer arrived, start shooting... even small little details too. was very pleased that i didn choose the wrong guy.

5.15pm: sisters went down to the reception to get ready.

5.30pm: guests started arriving.

5.50pm: JP arrived. sisters packed and come up to room to put the ang paos & gifts received then go down again for emcees.

5.55pm: dan called, me & hub went down to get ready for the march-in.

6pm: emcees start their speech. followed by the march-in song, then us marching in.
happy.gif

6.20pm: ceremony ended... proceed for the buffet dinner.

10pm: dinner ended, most relatives went back by then... left all frenz partying & drinking.

12plus: most frenz left le, hubby high liao... but still able to go over to the hawker for bbq with couple of frenz, both of us are so hungry.

2am: back to the hotel room, finally hub cannot take it... puke then knocked out. my 'impt' night was me taking care of him lor... lol!

next day 2pm: check out!

overall everything went smoothly & up to my expectation.
- PA system & mic didn cock up
- food was good & warm enough. but much leftovers as they cook more then the confirmed pax.
- the team was very 'auto' all night. glad i get a great team.

only 1 problem, couple of relatives & frenz complain that some plates are dirty... which had those 'dried up meat' or whatever stuck to the plates... which makes me & hub disgusted lor. we told dan about it... he apologise and quietly accept our naggings. after that he 'compensate' us with 100% complimentary parking tickets, breakfast the next day & billed us only 50pax for the buffet(in the 1st place, our confirmed pax is 60).

i cant really comment on the food, as me & hub didn really get to eat that night. so thats it everyone... feel free to ask any questions k, i'll try to ans.
happy.gif

pannie

Hey Momo.. i think your room is the same as mine. Big room with big bathroom.. got 2 basins right?

Haha... not surprising that u didn't get to eat cos normally that's the case and yes, they will bill u lesser than the number of pple which u had confirmed.

Glad that u didn't have any bad experience. hehe!!

creamyz

hi momo, glad that u have a good experience on your ROM day with CVH. Hope mine will turn out good too..hehe..

mine is hi-tea, wanna to request early check-in but DAn cannot confirm with me yet. Dono should i book 1 more nite or not?

can ask u a question? when u go to see the deco at 3plus, is it very piping hot at the poolside void deck?

momoqq

ann> yalor... luckily everything went smoothly.

creamyz> sure... it will... dont worry k. *hugz* when i went down, not reali lor... no much shine too... anyway coz tat day quite cooling too. but dont worry k... it'll be the same when u held yours.

huhu

hi momo,
glad that your rom was a successful and CVH din fail you
happy.gif
And thanks for detailing what you did on that day cos my bf is planning out the schedule for our turn and your inputs will come in handy
happy.gif

Did you pass your songs to CVH for them to play? What format did you save them in? Dan told us that we can save our songs in MP3 format and burn it into a CD. Their technician will play the songs according to our instruction. But I scared CVH will screw up haha
I am also wondering if I should under report the no of pax… cos a lot of my frens are not big eaters so dun want to waste too much food and of cos, $$ for catering more than enough food…. Any advice?

Hi creamyz,
How was your meeting with Ice? Which theme did you choose? We choose the blue theme but end up spending $240 topping up…. You got top up?

momoqq

hi hui, no problems... hope these info helps.
yup, i pass the cds to the in-charge when i meet them at 4pm... but its all orginal cds as i dont want any excuses if the audio were to cock up and CVH say its our fault for not using orginal ones. hehe...! i even print out the lyrics for my march-in song, and highlighter the part where me & hub will start marching in.

as for the food wise, CVH cooked much more then your confirmed pax lor. i confirmed mine at 60pax... but i got 70pax turned up, and the leftovers still got alot wor.

creamyz

hi momo, thanks babe. Really happy u had a good time with CVH. and the weather is so perfect for u...=) today raining leh...dono is it raining season coming soon?

so u confirmed 60pax but got 70pax turn up? got place to sit ah? tot CVH will arrange the seats based on your confirm pax?

momo, do u have emcee for your ROM? is it necessary to have one to coordinate the guest and announce our march-in? i very gan jeong now.. btw who is your JP? mine is Eric Wong.

Hi Hui!!, ya met Ice on Sun (her office very hot hor..haha..i was sweating when i talking to her...=P) i choosed the Purple theme, i didnt top up as i find the standard deco is ok for me since mine is at function room (no theatre seating for my guest to witness my solem...*sob*, should i change to poolside?) the weather now is unpredictable....somemore mine is hi-tea...

so Dan said can bring own MP3 CD ah...mm..think i will burn it to CD, then bring a orignal love song CD to backup if anything happen. they have their own technician to help play song ah? so good..i still worry who can help me play song and wanna ask my fren to help liao..=)

momoqq

hehe... when the guests turn up, then i arrange for the waiters to put up some more chairs lor... anyway not everyone siting... some are standing around talking and having their plates on hand... hehe!

i do have emcees, its my 2 'bridesmaid'... they're doing reception, guest taking, lisie with the in-charge, emcees etc. lor.

Mr Yeo Woon Soo was my JP, and he's GREAT! relax babe, everything will go smoothly k...

creamyz

oh ic...how may pax can sit per table, max? coz i wanna put my family & my FH's family sit together..we have 12pax.

ya i think no need emcee, will ask my bestie to help me hehe..=)
so excited now.

how ur JP conduct the solemnisation? did he brief u b4 he start? need to read the vow or not?

momoqq

ehhh... i dont know how many can squeeze wor... as i dont have any sitting arrangement, so they sit wherever they want lor... stand also can... hehe!

yalor... dont have to engage emcee, just ask your gfs to help can le. he didn brief us, he only guide us along... example: when he wan hub to ans, he'll signal to him and vice versa.

no vows needed, unless you choose to read their options or own vows. for ours, we write our own vows, so that day we read out to each other lor. keke!

creamyz

icic..thanks for your info...=)
i juz drop Dan an email to request to change it to poolside...hehe..hope can lah..

creamyz

so sad...called dan juz now...he said cannot change the venue...*sob*
he said someone is looking at the poolside now..so cannot release to me...haiz

momoqq

*sayang* function room will be as great... dont sad sad k. let dan know lor, ask him to call you if the pool's avaliable. besides if u're taking the pool side, the florist standard deco wont be enough wor. urs is hi-tea... it might be too hot & shine for everyone if u were to change to outdoor.

anyway, we had the same theme wor... purple... keke!

creamyz

thanks momo...ya i told him to call me once the pool is available...
true lah..we worry the shine & hot too..tats y choose function room earlier...but now change mind wanna go back poolside (*heart itchy*), as this is once a lifetime things, and poolside is so much prettier than the standard function room, pay so much to get a function room , haiz..i didnt think properly lah...*stupid me*

the standard deco for pool is like the picture florist show us is it? go sash tie on the guest chairs? with backdrop sash?

*high-five* purple is romantic...so i choose it.

huhu

Hi momo,
Thanks for the advice on the music part. What you said is very true. But I already downloaded all the songs I wanna play on that day and checked them thru so I think will stick to MP3 format but will bring along my laptop as backup in case CD dun work. Your advice on other areas also help heaps! Thanks a lot!

Think I will under report the no of pax. Cos initially my bf and I plan to keep the event intimate and restrict to 30 pax. But now our guest list have grown to 50 plus le! I am doing a standing reception so the chairs part I think I will just ask CVH to add if really not enough.

So nice to write your own vows. Must be very romantic
happy.gif

Hi creamyz,
When I went to meet Ice, her aircon broke down halfway thur the discussion and it started to get stuffy. Think by the time you came even worse ba… plus it was really hot last sun.

Purple theme is nice! But it clashes with my dress colour so cannot choose that. In the end choose the safe and boring colour blue lor haha. Their basic setup for the pool quite plain so we topped up quite a fair bit..

My JP is also Eric Wong! Your Rom on 1 june right? Mine is 7 jun, one week after yours. Must feedback how is Eric Wong ok? Hehe.

We are getting my bf sis-in-law to be the emcee. Cos I scared if there’s no emcee, later all the guest blur blur dun noe what is going on. More control lah I think. His brother will be the overall coordinator for the entire event. My sister and her bf will man the reception table for us on that day.

Dun stress yourself out on the availability of the pool part ok? If its available then it’s a bonus if not then dun think too much ok? Most importantly is to enjoy your big day
happy.gif

momoqq

creamyz> ya... its a once in a lifetime thing. but u must think carefully k as if u were to get the poolside, and you're having the high-tea timing... it might be really unbearable for both of u & the guests.

cuz when we decided our solemn to be held at the poolside, i took the hi-tea package too... but then kept thinking that it might really be unbearable lor... so went down to take a look the next day during that timing. waa... both of us really cant stand the heat, so no choice... we change it to dinner... since i really love the poolside thing.

i suggest that u & hub go down to 'feel' it 1st before deciding the next move... really.

ehh, i forgot the standard package liao... i only know its too plain for outdoor lor. ya... i find purple very romantic too, it matches my pinky dress anyway... hehe! *shy*

hui> ok lar, its quite funny too... as in the vows we actually mentioned the funny & bad habits of one another. both of us dont know what exactly we wrote for each other, until the actual day. lol!

creamyz

thanks hui...*hugs*
no wonder so hot, haha..i was sweating when i talk to her..so paiseh.

so ur dress is purple? mine is white..=)

yeah...our JP is the same..=) did he tell u anything how he will conduct the solemnisation? i am very nervous...i dont want to read leh..if i have the choice..i juz want to say "i do" can liao..hehe..=P

yupe..i dont think about the pool liao...juz "soon qi zhi ran" lah...=)
later think too much make me got more wrinkle..haha

momoqq

sorry babe... my pics will be ready in a month... as my photographer will be shooting overseas for 2weeks.

then frenz took ones, i not yet get from them.

Once i've some on hand, i'll email u k...

huhu

hi momo,
so romantic! to think you only know the vows your partner wrote to you only on the day itself!

can i have a look at the pictures after you got hold of them too? [email protected]
TIA
happy.gif

Hi creamyz,
my dress is blue-green colour so very hard to match. so in the end stick to blue deco and using white flowers to match.

eric wong din brief us anything leh. also dun noe what to expect on that day. i read the standard vows b4. the part we need to read out very short only so dun be nervous ok? it will be ok one!

creamyz

hi momo, ok can..thanks babe..=)
ur rom is at the ground floor pool rite? is it nice? got shelter hor?

hi Hui, ya lor..i am thinking should i sms him to ask him how he conduct ler...but like i am very "lo so" like that....dono how...

huhu

hi momo,
Thanks! our ad booked at Novotel Clarke Quay le. Next year 7 jun hehe. you leh? planning to go back cvh?

hi creamyz,
maybe you can ask him to come earlier on your big day and ask him to brief you there?

corislim

momo, can share your rom pic once ready ?
my email is [email protected]

Can i have ur JP contact info..Might consider him as u mention he's great..

Can share with me wat is the cd tat u brought and play thru out the event.

Any tips for me to take note when signing their confirmation, as i'm meeting up with them dis coming mon.

Thanks...
happy.gif

momoqq

corislim> sure... no prob
happy.gif

My JP is Mr Yeo Woon Soo Hp:91178697.
As for the songs, i brought "the wedding album(the aisle bridal boutique)", the great wedding album" & "the very best of love songs 4 u"... all from sembawang music store.

look thru the contract, and see what 'things' they include in the package. you can ask for more complimentary parking tickets, waive of ALL cockage etc. depends on what u want... u can ask lor. another thing is, if you want favours for your guests... you can get it from CVH at low low price then outside, ex: when i ask for the honey... i need to top up 60cents each, rather then you buy outside... it will be much more expensive lor.

good luck!
happy.gif

corislim

Momo,

Orh thanks fyi. Will try to ask for more haha...

And also, do u have the photo of ur JP..Is he fierce?
As for the favours, wat do u mean by honey?

happy.gif

butterflytan

hi momo n creamyz, one question. Don't you think the poolside dinner buffet is more expensive then the indoor ballroom dinner?
Poolside dinner buffer - $99/pax!!!
Ballroom - $700 plus/ table

I love the poolside too... but to think of it it's quite ex.

Can I have the contacts for JP Eric Wong please?

huhu

hi esther,
they are selling the poolside dinner at $99++/pax??? That is so ex!!!

Eric Wong contact no is 98483286.