Changi Village Hotel for solemnisation?

creamyz

hi momo..thanks dearie..=) i hope everything turn out right...=)

ya i agree that Dan look abit "Beng"...when i first saw him last sat to sign the contract...i am shock that he wear very casual (ok lah...even sat work half day, as a hotelier, he should wear proper business attire?) then when he brief us the contract, he talk very fast as if want to get the things closed and faster chao....worst case is he tot we didnt booked the venue but in fact we already emailed him and his assitant "Winnie" to confirm and arrange to sign the contract on sat...then he saw us, he tot we first time come to the hotel...i told him i have emailed to him to confirmed the venue, then he said" got meh?" ...wha lao....then he go back to his office to look for the record then come out again and appologies to us...haiz...
he said Winnie already left CVH so alot of things he didnt know about it...

i want a small "March-in" for my ROM too..but i didnt ask him about it...oh dear..so he tot no march-in for ROM?? how?? should i tell him i want? and how about the music? did u ask him about it?

momoqq

creamyz> it WILL turn out fine dear
happy.gif

yes, you should tell him what you want... make sure you make an appointment with him or the coordinator to ensure everything are up to the standard that you want.

their service not very good lei, sign contract liao then no news... i don't even know who's the coordinator, captain & team assigned to us... i'm totally clueless on what should we do on that day... *faint

as for music, he only tell me to bring our own.

creamyz

ya, i think they lack of manpower plus the turnover very high...i am worried now.

as for the music, can use MP3?

momoqq

hmm... i guess you gotta check with dan... for me i was thinking of getting those romantic cds, i don't want the hotel to accuse me that i use 'chiong' one, if the player were to cock up. hehehe!

huhu

hi mommo and creamyz,
he really said that ah! hmm... i personally think rom is more sgnificant than customary lor. I haven met him before cos i signed with another coordinator who left already. When I see him liao then tell you my comments.

Winnie left??? OMG! Winnie is really good and merticulous leh. I was hoping that since my previous coordinator left, I still have Winnie to depends on but now she left....

Anyway ladies, we should not let a coordinator spoil our big day ya. As long as we tried our best, everything will turn up ok one
happy.gif

I am thinking of the song list now. Any recommendation on what march in song to use?

momoqq

hui> ya... he said that, so can you imagine how fed-up and upset we were.

keke... i short-listed "i finally found someone", "from this moment", "you're the love of my life" & "i pledge my love" for my march-in.

jackjoryne

momo.. dont worry too much
jus tell the hotel people what u want and make sure they follow.
it your wedding and you know what u want and how u want it to be.
I had mine ROM on the level 8 pool. had a march in.. then follow by the wedding dinner at the ball room.

jackjoryne

for those who wantedt o try mp3
better do this
get a laptop n then plug in to their systerm.
get a person u trust and ask them to do it on que.
and to be on the safe side. go down n try the CD first.

jackjoryne

song selection
depend. some people just take one cd play the whole day
for ours. we select the mp3s. copy to our lapto and then set it to play throughout

momoqq

creamyz> same same... don't know which album to get...

so ladies & guys, any albums to recommend? haven't make up my mind lei...

creamyz

momo, i think have those wedding album on sale can take a look out at those CD shop.
i wanna use Canon In D for my March-in...=)

creamyz

i wanna request for early check-in coz my solem is 3pm..but dan said only can check in 2pm...so sad..i ask him to request, he keep saying subject to availability....so sad

creamyz

Hi Jack, if i bring my own laptop to play the song, do we need to bring the wire to connect to speaker? or the hotel will have it?

momoqq

creamyz> u're not the only one... i requested for early check in too, around noon... but he also reply the same thing, only can give me an ans when my date is nearing.

if by then, u still yet to get a reply or no rooms available... then you have to think of other ways liao, perhaps do your make-up everything then go down to change or book the room on prev night.

creamyz

ya lor momo...so sian, if by then no rooms i have to book 1 more nite liao..sian.
since i sign contract with him, didnt hear from him liao....the florist also didnt call me to discuss the decor... do u opt for extra decor?

Thanks Jack will check with them...=)

huhu

hi creamyz,
same as you, i haven heard from them since i signed the contract. I may be calling them this week though as my rom is less than 2 months away ..

when's yours?

momoqq

creamyz & hui> didn't dan told you guys when the florist will call? my rom's on 10th may... i sign the contract around mid march, and dan told me the florist will contact me on apr and indeed florist called.

but 1 thing i dont really like is... i confirm with dan the menu 2weeks or so ago...and thats it! no news from CVH liao! haiz!

creamyz> yes... i opt for extra deco. their standard one, i find it too plain already... paid $270 for the extras.

huhu

hi momo,
i signed with another coordinator who left and she did not say when they will call us...

Did Dan acknowledge your menu? So scary.... Tot they suppose to help us with the planning one and your date so near liao yet they still no news one???

momoqq

hui> no... he didnt even reply when i sent over the email lor. i called up yesterday to check and also to ask for meet up with the coordinator, captain & team that will be assigned to me... haiz, i don't even know who're them, not even their names!

this lady -Candy- ans and told me that dan's on leave... will be back on friday(tml). she said they already received the email for the dishes confirmation.

so i told her how come no news from them one, at least give me a reply that they received the confirmation la. and i ask her, so what am i surpose to do on that day... i dont't even know who's the assigned team for me, or i need to go around and ask when i reach the hotel. she pause for awhile and told me, she'll let dan know and ask him to call me once he's back.

hmm... i shall wait, see whether he will call me tml anot... if by monday still no calls... then i'll give it to them liao! walao, we use their hotel... they earn so much from us... yet we still have to 'service' ourselves... haiz!

pannie

Hi Girls.

According to my experience, we only know the team assigned to us on the very day itself. We meet up with the team immediately after we had checked into the hotel and give them the instruction of what should be done. If you have a list on hand, it would be better cos the captain of the team can referred to it after u had already briefed them.

If you have march in songs which u wanted to play from a specific sentence onward, you can provide them with the lyrics and inform them so that they can play the music and stop the song there to get ready for your march in later. Always tagged your CDs properly so that the staff know when to play what music.

Hope that it will help.

pannie

Hi Momo.

Yup, it's on that day itself then we knew. Don't worry so much. Everything will be well. Just make sure u list down the things which you wanna instruct the captain to take note. Maybe you can work out the list a week before and pass it to your coordinator to pass it to the team captain for reference.

creamyz

hi momo, no leh...he didnt tell me when the florist will call me...=( i find their service is lousy...haiz..too bad i like their venue else i wont sign with them.

Ann, so u mean we have to prepare a list ? what shall i do? i have no idea what to prepare...juz know i need to prepare a CD...i thinking of burn mp3 in a CD then ask them to play...can it be done?

hi hui, my rom is 1June, which is ard 1 month away...and i have not done anything except prepare my ROM dress and shoe...=(
really have no idea what to do on that day...

i will be using the Function Room, so i think the basic decor will be sufficient? really love the pool site, but too bad mine is hi-tea, it will be gonna be Hot...

momoqq

creamyz> anyway dan's back from his long leave today... wanna try calling him and ask? hmm... i've yet to receive any calls from CVH. wait till u went down to the florist side to discuss lor... i really find that their standard package too standard liao. but perhaps would be sufficient enough for function room ba.
happy.gif

anyway, i left with getting cds... guest book, hubby's clothing and mani pedi... others all done liao.

oh ya, i've been to lotsa shops lei... but all their guest book so many pages, which is meant for those customary dinner one. i wonder where i can get those with couple of pages, or pehaps get those big poster kind one.. and let the guests write their wishes on it.

anyone using ang pao box for their solemn? dan mention that they can loan to us if we need it, wonder how it look like. keke~

im counting down to my big day... hope no rain no hipcups no nothing...

pannie

Hi Creamy.

It is always good to have a list for the captain but not a must.

The most impt list u must have is your checklist. Like list down the things which you need to do and check against them. So that on that day itself, u would not panick and thought that you had forgotten this or forgotten that.

Oh.. remember to assign one person to be the overall coordinator at the function. Tagged this person to the captain so that he or she can ensure that the captain is doing what he was suppose to do. That's what i did.

pannie

Oh... one more thing... mp3 CDs.. better try it out at their side if possible... sometime it doesn't work.. and u can't blame them cos it's not original. That's why I brought all the original CDs to them. At least I cover myself if anything went wrong. I remembered that I even had to order an original CD from US cos I wanted a particular song to march in with my dad. Hehe!!

pannie

Hi Momo.

I gotten myself a scrap book as my guest book.

651000.jpg

Hope it may give u some ideas.

I also have a holder to hold my ang baos.. but it wasn't a box. I dunno how to describe. If I can find a picture, i let u have a look. I always think box too common. Maybe u can get a nice white bird cage and use it as an ang bao holders. Just a suggestion. Hehe!!

gabriellek

momo.. where are you holding your ROM? poolside or salt water or?

my Rom is about 3 weeks away.. dan's service does not seem good. we signed up with winnie and are very sad that she is gone. 1 of the main reason why we signed is we thought we will get good service. so now end up with dan we were quite angry, especially since he's service is slip-slop.

momoqq

ann> nice nice scrapbook u've got... where can i get all these? i thought of getting the bird cage too, but dropped the idea since hub dont like it. sob! oh ya... mind sharing what CDs u got for your solemn? thanks...
happy.gif

gabrielle> mine's @ the ground floor pooside. yours? yalor... their service kinda su*cks! its sunday and no calls from dan... haiz!

pannie

Hi Momo.

I gotten the scrap book at Wheelock Place... you can take a look there. Very nice. And you can decorate your own scrap book too so that it will be the one and only special guest book. Rather Special.

I gotten Bob Carlise album (Butterfly Kisses).. loved this song... touching.. cried every time i hear it cos it writes about how his little girl grew up and eventually get married. A good song if you marching down the aisle with your dad by your side.

Reception music was Jazz music.

creamyz

hi momo...i got my guest book from Prints, they have the few pages kind..and i ask the gal to help me tie a ribbon on it..=)

i also sourcing for ang pao box, but cannot find the right size from kalms..so end up i got one from Daiso..hehe...$2 cheap cheap. will ask my bf to help me cut a hole on top then i wrap it with nice paper and put a ribbon on it to deocrate it.
yours is dinner at poolside at ground floor rite? i didnt go see the pool at ground floor, how is it? got shelter?

i left with angpao box, mani/pedi, bf shirt and pants havent prepare.

any idea what kind of earings and necklace to wear? dono should i wear pearl or wat...

hi Ann, thanks for your suggestion. Will discuss with my fren and ask her to help me out on that day...=)

kimberlyclark

i just came across this post after a long hiatus of absence
Actually to say that is quite an understatment.
from what i had went through. all i could say is that Dan is quite unprofessional in his work with his lack of communication, sloppy service towards his clients. My wedding was quite a memorable one due to his neglient. i think maybe we should really write in to his management and ask them to review his commitment to this job and if he is really suited for the job. To think that he had been working in this line for many years. I mean just look at his way of managing wedding couples and the amount of neg feedback we have in the fourm. if we just do a quick search of Changi village in the forum i bet that he wil have at least 10 couples with neg remarks about him.

Having said that, CV does have its own merits and for those couples who are having thier events there. just make sure you have someone that will do the necessary work and checking for you as well as the liasing with the hotel staffs..

momoqq

creamyz> i've yet to pop by Prints. Will take a look there too. at least your FH will help, mine... haiz... almost everything leave to me... lol! yup... ground floor, have got its beautiful & romantic side too. yes, the dinning area got shelter one.

tot of not getting any angpao box le wor... cuz i guess relatives & friends will pass to us ma, then ask mum or dad whoever to safekeep it.

pearl also very nice but depends on your dress also. i'm wearing a pink bustier knee-length dress... so i goes with a pair of solitaire ear-rings, a solitaire necklace and a simple bracelet. i wanna keep it very simple and not too bling bling.. since mine's at the poolside, so i tot of asking my make-up artist to tie up a single big fresh flower to my hair... hehe!

kimberly> heart already 'die' liao... dan really didnt call lor. very very disappointed with them. wanted to call them up yesterday but too busy in office liao, then now i already sian le. what to do, let it be lor... we choose this hotel one ma, now i just wanna relax and really hope everything's goes well.

very tired with all the preparation le... gotta rest rest and look forward to the big day, dont wish to stress myself further or else not mei mei le. as what ann said... i already ask 2 dearies of mine to help me out that day.

kimberlyclark

hi mo mo. that why i mention to get one of your fren to manage it for u.. they will help u run the show and u just relax.
for the red packet box. I propose that you have a standby . just in case. cause alot of time you might not see your guest first untill must later as u will be busy with other guests as well.
i rem helping my out my fren as a recpt and they had a nice fishbowl as the ang bao box.
it done up with nice red feathers,furs etc etc. very unquie, of cos they had also done up a lip on the bowl.

jackjoryne

momo.. dont worry too much about the wedding. since you guys already decided on the venue.
so just enjoy the wedding. if u need any suggestion or help. just post us an post and we will try out best to help u

momoqq

thanx kimberly... i've got 2 friends to help me out on that day.

icic... hmm... fishbowl? thats cute! a lip on the bowl? which means they seal up the top with the feathers etc and onli left a opening for the angpaos? hehe... so cute...

gabriellek

momo, mines the 8th floor poolside.
happy.gif

it's about 3 weeks away so quite excited and scared at the same time!

kimberly - yeah dan's service is quite bad. i mean he was late for both our meetings, make us wait about 20mins each time. the 2nd time we met, i just very angry, so told him, you 20 mins late you know?! then he said he just got the call only, so i gave him black face.

in any case, i just decided on the decor with the florist, and so far everything looks fantastic.. i mean the image i have in my head is fantastic. hope CVH and their florist can live up to my expectation.

btw their florist coordinator, ice, is quite patience and good. except their flowers and decor is quite ex. i top up about $300 for decor and hand bouquet. anyone else topped up their decor package?

kimberlyclark

hi Gabrielle, congrat on your upcoming wedding.
i have to agree that this Dan service is not what u will expect from a hotel.. be it 3 star 4 star or 5 star.
A wedding is a joyful event and you will always want to have the best memories
Most of my gfs had good memories because their coordinators help and manage the event for them
but for mine, when i told them about my encounter.. they couldnt believe it.
They all said that he should be shot and castrated.. hahahaha.

momoqq

gabrielle> me too, excited & scared... *faint* another 15 more days to it. yup... ice's quite patience, she give suggestion to the deco n stuffs. i top up another 270... for arch stand x 2pcs, organza tied to dinning chairs x 25pcs, dinning table centerpiece x 5pcs, wrist corsages x 2pcs. i choose the purple theme with center pink roses deco.

so mind sharing yours? oh ya... did u choose their fresh floral ring pillow? keke... i took the white one, but ask them to spray some pinkish purplish to it.

kimberly> yalor... he should b &^$%@($%^)%! oops... hahaha!

jackjoryne

wah. you girls are deadly....
anway. i had my ROM done at the 8th floor pool then follow by the wedding dinner at the ball room.
if you need to have feel of the deco that i had done during my wedding last yr.. let me know and i send u the url.