Cats Lovers??

ah_cat

Hi Geraldine,

So sad to hear that, so how is your cat doing now? This is life & we have to get on with it. Pls do take gd care of yourself.

tuffy

Hi Geraldine,

I know how you feel.. my cat suffered from cancer too. Guess the thing we can do for kitty is to love him/her even more and shower her with more attention. Kitty will appreciate it... U take care, yah?

shim

Hi

Just for info to those who have intention to keep new Dog/Cat, there is a adoption event organise by AVA this Sunday 17th October 2004 at Bishan park. Try to give these poor little stray cat/dog/puppy/kitten a second chance first before visit those pet shop to buy.

u can visit the spca website for more info

http://www.ava.gov.sg/javascript/petad.html

ah_cat

Thanks cherly for the infomation.
happy.gif

Hi Geraldine & Tuffy,

Mind I ask what do you feed? I heard that there is a brand that contains cancer causing ingredients. Sorry, I can't mention out here.

kmich

i need help! my 2 yr old cat has gingivitis & i'm supposed to brush his teeth to help reduce the infection but he tends to run away whenever i try to catch him & even if i manage to catch him, i have problem in opening his mouth. Any tips?

gingerleaf

What i do is, holding the upper n lower jaw, open his mouth, then hold the 2 sides of the mouth, stick ur fingers there, dun push ur fingers into its mouth! Push its skin into the mouth so it cant close it...

I hope u get what i mean..

gingerleaf

the skin from the side of the mouth... imagine the skin from the corner of ur mouth(near cheek area)... u get what i mean??
it will hold them from closing their mouth, coz if they attempt to do so, they will bit on their skin.

kxbc

anyone showing their cats or going for the cat show?

went to one before. not very exciting. the poor cats also very cham, all bundled up in their tiny cages in fright as busy bodies like us peer at them.

ah_cat

It's at Downtown East but I am not too sure about the time. This is a new cat club so probably I will KPO just to see different varieties of cats.

Agree with KXBC, the poor cats are shivering like hell. I will not get my kitties to involve cos they would rather stay at home & zzzz...
biggrin.gif

kxbc

cat (ah_cat),

wah, you and i are at all topics relating to cats. we very free hor? hahaha.......

how old are your babies now?

ah_cat

Hi KXBC,

I am feeling very down today cos the cat that I had shown her pic had just committed suicide in the midnite....My hubby & I quickly sent her to A&E but she din survive.... I guess something caught her attention & she slipped out of my window... *sigh

She's my fav & she luv to sleep with me, gaze at me while reading papers & follow me anywhere I go...

Sorry for my moaning here .. life just have to get on with it..

kxbc

cat (ah_cat)

I am so sorry that had happened. She was such a cute little girl. You and your hubby take care, ok?

Take care of her playmate too. He too would be affected by her absence at home.

Don't grieve too much. But remember Life has to go on. Be comforted that you had given her much love and care these past few months and that she is a tresured member of your family.

Take care of yourself.

kmich

gingerleaf,

i'm still not able to brush my cat teeth...my husbabd brush so hard that my cat now suffers bruises at the lower jaw, both left & right side...poor cat...do u think i can leave it to heal by itself? do i need to bring him to doctor?

by the way any cat groomer to recommend? hopefully can help to brush teeth as well.

i heard from my vet that there's hairball control with dental care cat dry food. any brand to recommend? i have tried the sample for Hill presciption...not bad...

ah_cat

Thanks KXBC,

I am fine right now just only dun get used with only a cat left. Been trying to play with the other one very often so he won't be too lonely, but sometimes he still meow for her.
sad.gif

fatcat

Cat: i'm sorry to ask at this kind of time, but how do you take care of the body? I always think about this question while my cats are all into old ages....

ah_cat

I actually sent her to the A&E from James Tan Hospital but she can't make it in time. *sigh... After that they give me the option to do the cremation, so I agreed & leave her body there. There are also a few places that offer cremation like Pet Hotel etc. Charges are different for mass or individual cremation. Some can collect the ashes back, some not.

marilyn_chh

Hi cat lovers,

There's a poor little kitten at my office which need to be removed soon (people complain and hence management order to have it removed) and hence i'm urgently looking for an onwer for the poor kitten. Any good souls out there willing to take him/her in? Kitten with nice spiral coat of hair. Pls spread the news around (relatives/collegues/friends)...

<font color="ff0000">Can send me PM me if you have any contacts or if you're interested. Thanks a million!</font>

241307.jpg
241308.jpg

i_spy

hi cat lovers

i adopted 2 cats from cat welfare last year and one of them has started to pee and shit everywhere instead of the litter tray!

i don't think it's a bladder or urinary infection cos her actions are very deliberate.

anyone experienced such behaviour from their cats? situation getting very desperate!

sousa

Hi! mine too. I've got two cats. Both of them are quite good but from time to time, one of them will piss somewhere they shouldnt eg. my BED!!!! I dunno what to do either. But I've noticed that when I spray the bed w perfume, they tend not to do it. Sometimes might also be because the little box is dirty.

Also,I've read somewhere that if you've got two cats, soemtimes they dont like to share and one of them will do it somewhere esle. Maybe cna try having two litter boxes.

fatcat

Teddybearblue: Is the one pee is a male? If yes he may be on heat, my friend's cat is like that too when he is looking for girlfriend, he he
kao_blush.gif

I got 2 cats and they share 1 litter box with no problem.

i_spy

fatcat, the misbehaving one is female.

cat welfare ppl said try to change type of litter used. when i adopted them, they were using recycled paper pallets, so i simply continued to use the same. i read that some cats will refuse to use anythg other than what they are used to.

but i will try to get somethg else today - maybe the clay type.

i will also give them one tray each, though they are used to sharing.

the thg is she is getting worse these days, now peeing on scratching post and even near their food bowls - YUCKS!!

anyway, thanks, sousa and fatcat for your suggestions.

i_spy

hi all

just thought i wld give a quick update on my situation.

have done 2 thgs

1. provided the cats with a different type of litter from the one they are used to (so now they have 2 litter trays with 2 diff types of litter).

2. brought the misbehaving cat to the vet to check if her behaviour is caused by physical problems. she got a clean bill of health and the vet gave me a bottle of pheromones (Felliway) to spray on affected places.

so far, i observed that it works in as far as i actually see her using the tray with the new litter for peeing (which is a great relief, though it does NOT mean she is not ALSO still peeing on the floor) and though she still poos on the floor, she doesn't poo on the places affected by the spray - she simply goes and poos on places where i haven't sprayed!

the spray is also supposed to be good for stopping unwanted scratching. u spray on furniture that u don't want them to scratch and it is supposed to work.

this miracle spray does not come cheap though $30 for 60ml!!

fatcat

teddybearblue: I try that kind of spray before for my new furniture long time ago, it was useful for maybe a few weeks, after they get used to the smell, the spray become useless. So the best is train them to use scratching post.

waterbibi

teddybearblue,

your girl's case is pretty unique..most cats will have the instinct to use their litter boxes.I'd suspect kidney infection or UTI but since it's no to both hmmmmm.Try reading up from the net meanwhile continue to shower her with plenty of love...she still needs it.She's probably trying to get attention from u..

gtg..will check this thread later.

kxbc

Hi Teddybearblue

Hope all is well with your cat's problem.

I think the spray you have purchased is Feliway. It is actually synthetic hormones manufactured to mimic the pheramones (hope no typo) secreted on a cat's cheek. I read that it helps to calm cats down, like moving into a strange place. Not sure if it helps control waste elimination problems.

I know some cats hate dirty litter boxes. Perhaps your cat is protesting as the boxes are dirty. Totally changing and cleaning the litter boxes more frequently may help. Do you clear the litter box at least twice a day?

Sometimes she may not like the type of litter you have provided. Try another kind to see if it works.

Hope the suggestions will help. I know coming back to a house filled with land mines and clearing these land mines is really unpleasant.

septembre

Ladies

can you recommend any good vet? The stray at my block seems to have injured her feet.She is meowing in pain to me awhile back. The worst I've feared has come finally. So sad!

kmich

where u stay? u can send to Mt Pleasant hospital or their branch clinic. i find that the vet Dr Gloria (forgot surname) at mt pleasant serangoon nth quite gd as she's also a cat owner.

kmich

Hi

Anyone uses automatic food dispenser before? understand cats are very particular abt their food container and wary about changes. will the cat shun food due to the dispenser, if i have been using porcelain dish for his food?

fatcat

Kmich: I used timer feeder only when we are away for holidays, they are ok with it, only thing is must check the battery evertime coz it happen once that the battery is old and the flap didn't open, my cat starve for a day.......

kmich

Thanks fatcat. the feeder is for food only? how abt water? I want to buy it for holiday too. not sure if it's reliable.

fatcat

Kmich: It's reliable, don't worry as long as the battery are checked. For water i am using this kind of water bottle, fill it half full can last for 1 week for 2 cats.

319232.jpg

selphie

Hi Cat Lovers,

I love Cats too! Unfortunately, my family and hubby doesnt share my passion! My mum said as a toddler when I cried alot (over anything).. a cat appearing will quieten me immediately!
happy.gif

Anyone has pics of their dear cats to share with me? Just post it here will do.. thanks...

miaka05

i love cats!!!!! but unfortunately my parents dislike them so much that I can't keep them......i'm intending to have 1 once i shift to my own place. but i'm concerned that they will scratch my furnitures, any tips to prevent this?

midas

hi,

me luv cats too...had 8 cats at hm. the only way to minimise heart pain is to buy cheap cheap furnitures and enjoy changing them to new ones every once in a while (its like giving urself an excuse to shop for new stuffs for make-over hee). but of course ur hubby must like the idea too...some hubbies bully the cats while wife is not around.

juz my 2 cents..

kmich

Hi

I'm selling a big cage (L90 x W57 x H116 cm) and a small scratching pole (height=46cm). Bought for my cat but he does not like to be locked inside the cage at all and he prefers to scratch a rug. Therefore both are under utilised or I should say not used at all.

The cage can be folded for easy transportation.

If u r interested, please email me at: [email protected]

miaka05

do u guys buy or adopt cats? i was thinking of adopting......

if u r only staying with your hubby and both u guys worked during the day, how do u leave your cat at home? in cage or let them roam on their own in the house?

midas

hi miaka,

i leave my cats roaming freely in the hse...accept for my bedrm, i close the door so they dun mess up things in there. the sofa, dining area and kitchen is ok. and i keep a clean cat litter area (their toilet) for them to use so no issues about dirtying other areas of the hse. cats r very particular with the cleaniness of their living environment, they will even tahan a few hrs juz to wait for u to clean up their toilets b4 finally letting go there
happy.gif

its the cat's faeces tat is harmful to pregnant woman (not all pple will be affected) not the cat fur...my friend lets her hubby do the toilet cleaning during pregnancy. so ur hubby must be a cat lover too in order to be living happily ever after with pet cats
happy.gif