Cats Lovers??

fatcat

yes my female cat have the same problems too, meow until we can't stand and all she wants is attention only. so we try to play with her a lots and make her runs a lots so she get real tired and sleep all through the night.

gwnn

thanks fatcat. we're playing with her for 1 hour each nite...so guess we need to make her 'exercise'more. ;p

little_devil

dear all,
i really dun knw wat to do and i am very sad. i hav a cat for about 7 yrs and he is a very nice and obedient cat, i love him very much as well as all my family members. all along, hs very healthy, problems free except for 1few minor flu and all tat. only until about 2 weeks so ago, he started to act very differently. hes very reserved, dun move about much, keep sleeping and dun eat. and he use to drink very little but now he drinks slightly more often, but jus totally go off food......... *all these are according to my mum as i already move out of my mum place as my flat is ready* so my hubby suspect tat maybe he misses us, but afew yrs back,i did move out of my plc to stay with my in law too, but nothing like tat happen........ so we send him to the vet and the vet check him, no fever, no infections, nothing. so the vet prescribe some vitamins thingy and wan us to monitor and saying tat he should be jus fine. 1 day 2 days 3 days pass......no improvement......... totally not eating.......... so we call up the vet and the vet suggest tat we send him in again for a blood test, so hes being hospitalized. after the result is out, the vet says theres nothing being discovered, says tat hes ok. but wanted us to do FORCE FEED as cats cant go on without eating, unlike dogs. my cat will not go to the food himself, so we got to force his mouth open so to force feed him, he will swallow some if we did tat, but i am sooooo sad......... y is he like tis.....the vet says my cat could be going thru some depression as maybe he cant take e fact tat me and hubby moved tat and i am pregnant, the vet says tat cats are very sensitive and emotional animals, so maybe theres too much changes for him to adapt so he break down. but frankly speaking, i keep thinking and feeling tat there mus be something wrong..... my mum called me jus now to tell me tat m cat is still the same, and las nite, he jus pee on the sofa, *which he never did tat for pass weeks even he dun move ard much, he will still pee at the rite plac* but las nite, he jus did it on the sofa........ mum call vet up, the vet ask us to send him in again, as we tot could it be the gastric / intestine is having some problems........... now i am very depress as well as lost, wat can i do........ i mean hes getting skinnier now and i feel tat hes suffering...... could it really jus depression or other major health problem.........

nana1977

Hi folks,
I have just got a black cat on 2nd Sept.
She's a cute little girl, approximately 5 - 6 months. Very energetic and we love her a lot! She loves attention!

When we transport her from place to place, she loves to look out of the car window (not in a cage) and sits there curiously.

Looking forward to enjoying more good times with her!

Hi Little Devil,
Could your cat have kidney problems? My Xiaomi got kidney failure and he drank a lot. His diet maintained but he peed more often.

Xiaomi was a ginger cat but passed away at the old age of 15 years old in year 2000.

little_devil

nana,
thanx for ur concern. yap my cat got CHRONIC KIDNET FAILURE, and pls see another thread "SOMEONE PLS HELP. my cat is..........." for the whole story.

fatcat

So sorry to hear that little devil, in fact my previous cat also suffer from Kidney failure and died at 12yrs age. So now i'm very careful with my cats diet.

nana1977

Hi all,
I have named my cat COUGAR, or "Cool Gal"!
happy.gif

She acts like a dog, you throw a toy, she will chase after it and bring it back to you to repeat the procedure!

Wakes me up at 7.30am every morning!

Fun to have her around!

Yap, have to be very careful with her diet.

little_devil

nana,
ha!!! my kitty also like tat, more like a dog, will greet me at the door when i am back hime, and also will wake my mummy up to tell her tat its raining outside so my mum can close the windows.
happy.gif
tats y now my mum is sooo sad too, she says no cat can replace my kitty....

fatcat

Ha ha seems nowadays cats want to replace dogs position as men's best friends
biggrin.gif
!! My cat also behave like a dog, whenever we call her name, no matter she is sleeping, playing or eating, she will come to us right away, and she likes to follow me here and there.
bounce.gif

ah_cat

Hi little devil,

Glad tat u r ok now.

Just to share my story, yesterday I brought my 3 mths old kitty to a vet for vacinnation. Guess what? When the needle poke his backside, he scream & bite the vet's finger real hard until it bleed! It was quite embarssing, cos even the receptionist came in & check what's happening.
biggrin.gif

As for me, I was a little paranoid cos I never see him react so violently! Of cos, when we reach home, he shows his anger to me...haha

gwnn

hi, my 7mth old tabby just threw up this morning, right after we fed her her usual dried food. this is the first time she has actually thrown up in front of us. previously we just see the 'evidence'on the floor. she seems okay except that she is eating less. anyone knows why this happens and if it's necessary to bring her to a vet. reluctant to do so as she gets very upset everytime we bring her out of the house.

ah_cat

I think you should send your kitty to a vet ASAP & have a gd check on what's wrong.

So far from what I know, no pets like to see a vet..haha. Do you have a carrier? Try to force her in.

gwnn

she starts screaming the minute we take her out of the house. no need to see vet even.
but i think fatcat has a point, she was gobbling rather fast this morning.
will observe her till tom and see if she vomits again.
thanks....

fatcat

My cat will start making terrible scream once we take her out of the door, so everytime we have to run real fast to the car otherwise people will think we are doing something real bad to the cat, so embrassed.

ah_cat

Hi folks,

So wat brand did u feed your cats?

I used to give them IAMS but I am going to switch to Royal Canin. As for canned food, I am reducing it cos vet say it's not good.

gwnn

haha..fatcat...looks like we have very similar cats. needs attention all the time, can't bear to be outside of their habitat.
cat, tks..think she's fine now. she was terrorizing a poor lizard this morning.

gwnn

i feed mine felidae. but think she's getting bored. so i'm mixing it with some science diet, the one which is supposed to help prevent furballs.

kxbc

Hi, I'm new here. Parent of 3 daugthers (age 4.5, 2.8 & 2) and 1 small son (6 months only).

Sometimes mine will also vomit after eating, especially if they tend to gorge themselves. Try to spread out their meals if possible so that they will not eat too much in one seating. Else if you have a fixed feeding routine, say in the morning before you go for work, you can feed a bit just after you wake up and a bit more before you leave for work. Same for evening/night time also. Over time, they will learn not to gorge themselves since they know they will get another feeding maybe an hour later.

Mine hate going to the vet also but luckily for us, they do not scream. They just settle into a little furball in the carrier.

fatcat

I feed them mix brand coz i don't want them to become stick to 1 brand only, my sis-in-law's cat is very fuzzy, only eat 1 brand, last time all food run out, she just buy any cat food from supermarket but the fuzzy cat rather starve herself not to eat for 2 days and must feed her back the old brand she like.I don't allow my cat to do that to me, so i mix and match.

ah_cat

Hi gwnn, that's gd to hear that your cat is back to normal.

Wow KXBC, it must be quite fun to have a large crowd out there. So far no cat fights among them?
biggrin.gif
Mine are still very young around 5mths & 3 mths, & they are very cheeky & notti.

Hmm..I am trying to switch brand, cos one of my kitty is losing a lot of furs when I do my regular combing.

kxbc

We started adopting one, then she got lonely so we adopted a kitten to accompany her. Then one day while in a pet shop, we adopted another. And I thought, ok last one. And we lived happily for 2 years.

Then one day, wife found 2 abandoned one day old kittens. They so poor thing so she brought them back home. One went kitty heaven after 2 weeks. The other grew up and is now disrupting the peace at home. Always looking for fights. I will make him an enuch next month then he will not be as naughty. Hahahaha.....
happy.gif

My kittens all grew up on Science Diet Kitten formula until they are 1 year old. All very strong and healthy now. Don't know what they put inside but it works.

gwnn

hi KXBC,
can i check, do all ur cats share the same litter box, feeding bowls etc, or does each cat need its own. we're thinking of getting another kitten to keep our current one company. esp since she's alone at home for 8-9 hours each day

ah_cat

Wow KXBC,

U & your wife are so kind-hearted & it's so sad that the other one cannot make it. Must be hard to raise a kitten that can barely eat on his own.

Me too, another few mths I will oso castrate my 2 cats. Cannot afford to have too many cats at home now..heehee

Oh ya, so which vet u normally bring them?

ah_cat

Hi gwnn,

For my cats, I let them share the same litter box & drinking bowl. But for feeding bowl, it depends on what is the contents.

I will split up if I am feeding the canned food but the dry food can share the same bowl. No choice lah, cos the bigger head one will always push away the smaller head when it comes to their fav food. If not, u will slowly see how come one cat is fatter than the other..keke

ah_cat

Just a little advise, do a little research on whether u want a normal household cat or a pedigree one. You can take a look at the SPCA or cat welfare, or if u like those fancier one, can look at our local cattery for a pedigree cat eg like Singapura, scottish fold etc. It's not advisable to get one from pet shop cos sometimes I find them overcharging w/o any proper paper & their condition is not very gd.

kxbc

My 4 kids share the same litterbox but you've got to keep it real clean else they will not use it. I scoop out their shit twice a day (morning and night) and clean out the litter box every 3 to 4 days. I also go for premium quality litter for better odour control. Better this way as I don't have the space to place another litter box somewhere in the house. But if you have the space, it's good to have an additional litter box. I read somewhere that the number of litter boxes should be equal to the number of cats + 1. Not really feasible in land scarce Singapore home though.

As for food dishes, they actually share 2 dishes since they feed throughout the day. But when it comes to wet food, we need 4 separate dishes to distribute out evenly. 2 water dishes in the house so that they can take a drink anywhere they want.

qwnn, get another cat to keep your cat company. It's no additional effort at all. They keep each other busy and then you can do your own things. But know the character (and age) of your existing cat first. Some are very solo cats and do not like cat company. But if the newcomer is a kitten, it should not be too much trouble to integrate. Be prepared to spend up to a month to integrate new additions to your home. It can be really stressful during that time.

Got to run. Will come back again later. Meow, bye.

kxbc

We bring them to Companion Animal Surgery at Boon Teck Road, off Balestier Road. Boon Teck Road is just opposite the only wet market along the main Balestier Road. All ang mo vets there. We prefer Dr Edmund as he mentioned he has 2 cats at home too.
happy.gif

What are your favourite cat types? Mine is the silver mackerel/classic tabby BSH.

Anyway, we don't go for pedigree cats as the normal street cats are just as affectionate and healthier than pedigrees. We like them for their character. My fav cat is a stray at birth. She's grown up now and she just melts my heart every time she "talks" to me.

ah_cat

Cool, ang moh vets sound more professional rite?So far how is their charges?

My fav choice of cats are Singapura & Scottish Fold. Singapura looks very sweet & petite while Scottish Fold always give me the look of innocent & guilty becos of their folded ears..heehee.. too bad none is in my home.

fatcat

KXBC: so ifs the Champion clinic good? I live nearby and went there once, can't tell if they are good or not, last time the Vet we see is a NZ guy.

kxbc

The thing I like about Companion is that they will spend at least 10 min with you examining the cat even if it is just for a routine vaccination. And if you have any questions, just ask. They will reply as best as they can. I've been to other vets and they seem to rush through more often. I like the part they dedicate min 10 to you, regardless whether there is a queue outside.

Race of the vet doesn't matter to me as long as service, diagnosis and treatment are good and professional.
happy.gif
However costs are a little higher than most other clinics.

kxbc

Cat, 3 Singapuras were on show at the Zoo entrance in Aug. Did you go see see? I went
happy.gif
. Happiness. Carried and stroked them. Very playful and intelligent, just like the strays living in our housing estates.

Actually 2 of my cats are Singapura-like also but they are strays at birth. Extremely manja, playful and affectionate. And intelligent too. Obey commands and come when I ask them to.

So you see, our street cats are a match for pedigree cats. Keep a stray as pet and you will save its life from the cullers and cat haters.

gwnn

i have a stray too, orange tabby. both husband and i really dote on her. my fave breed is the blue british shorthair. the blue is so striking and the cat so stately-looking.
anyone been to the clinic at jalan kayu? next to the stretch of prata shops? thinking of bringing my tabby there for her next checkup as that's the closest to my home. quite a torture to take her out as she yowls/screams the whole way.

ah_cat

Yah, Singapura cats looks so intelligent, too bad I din have a chance to see them myself. You know these cats belong to a local breeder, Felix Yeo? Right now, I am actually have an email conversation with him to see his cats..keke

Normally I go to the vet at Geylang East. It's near to my house & the price is so much cheaper than the rest. So far their service is not too bad lor, but I haven't got a chance to compare with others.

Hi gwnn,

Blue BSH looks cool! How abt getting one?
happy.gif

Wow, your kitty so jia lat one, screaming all the way~ haha.. If I am u, I oso having headache all the way to the vet.

As for Jalan Kayu vet, I think u may like to read some posting from little devil. She seems to have a very bad experience with them.

gwnn

oh dear..just read little devil's post. so scary. definitely not bringing my cat to jalan kayu.
can i check what are the opening hours for the clinic at geylang east?

kxbc

Can show me pics of your cats? I share a pic of my most beloved when she was still a little kitten. She is all grown up now but still as lovely, if not more.

164544.jpg

ah_cat

Clinic for pets (Tel: 67451337)

Operating hrs are:

Mon to Fri is 9:30am to 1pm & 5pm to 8pm
Sat is 10am to 1pm & 2:30pm to 4pm
Sun is 9:30am to 12: 30pm

I heard Namly is gd too, so you can consider it as well.

ah_cat

Hi KXBC,

She's cute!! Is that one of the 2 abandoned kittens? Gosh, look at her claws! That must be a "Ouch" if I am that poor mouse..heehee

Ok, this fellow can do a gd scratch on your back. Any taker?
biggrin.gif

164578.jpg

gwnn

oh your kitten pix are adorable. my pix are in the computer at home,will post them tom. but we adopted our cat when she was 6mths old, so we missed her cute kittie stage.
yah..very tempted to get a blue BSH kitten next.

kxbc

cat, is that a silver mackerel BSH? She is so cute, especially her paws. I bet she was playing with your hair. Cats seem to have a facsination with long hair.

My 3rd daughter is a silver mackerel BSH too.

kxbc

cat, we adopted her (the one with the mouse pic) 2 over years ago. She's now all grown up; long and sinewy. I always joke that she's like Cameron Diaz or Uma Thurman, leggy and beautiful and just as feisty as their characters in Charlie's Angels and Kill Bill.

Got a problem with this site. Can't upload pics at the moment. Will show you the little devil we found abandoned 6 months ago.

ah_cat

Gee... Can't wait to see all of your kitty pics! Gwnn, it will be nice to see the kitty at young stage as that will be their most notti time. It's fun!
happy.gif

Wow, a lot of BSH supporters here. I am not sure what is my kitty breed, but definitely not a BSH. Some ppl say she has a little mixture of bengal becos of the spots on her body. I think she's rojak cat..keke.. Can't see here, so I will attach a nice pic follow by my persian son later.

kxbc

If you can, capture all their antics on video too. It's really nice to reminisce over these videos especially when they are all grown up and lazy.

cat, your little girl seems to be a mix of BSH silver mackerel tabby and maybe a local cat. Does she have a thick fluffy tail and paw pads which are very dark coloured, almost black? She has a big head too (we love big head cats). These descriptions fit that of a silver mackerel tabby BSH, so that's why I suspect she has BSH bloodline. But I guess you love her for what she is, whatever her form, even if she is a hamster disguised as a kitten.
lol.gif

gerrydin

Hi all,

Just wanta to share wif u that my fav cat has been diagnosed with breast cancer and vet said that she only has weeks to live... I am feeling very down and sad.. She's been with us for 11 years already

little_devil

Geraldine,
sorry to hear tat and i can sure feel how u feel.... to us they are not jus a cat or pet, its like our immediate family member.......