Cats Lovers??

miaka05

hi midas,

thanks for your advice. i will be adopting a cat after my house reno is done......anyone knows wat r the costs involved for cat adoption?

midas

hi miaka,

i picked up all my cats from the streets...no cost involved. juz need to get them a check up at the vet to see if they r healthy. i guess if u r adopting from SPCA, the cost wun be high..maybe some admin fees tats all. u can try calling them b4 going down..

miaka05

thanks midas!!!!

when u leave your cats at home while no one is around, how to u feed them? dou leave the food and drink in their bowl until u r back?

midas

oh...i feed them twice a day. once in the morning b4 going to work and once in evening afer work. i do leave a bit of dry cat food so they can snack in betwn. dun leave too much food around coz it attract insects..but water must put enuf for them to drink throughout the day. if its a kitten, u can buy a toy or two to keep them busy for the day.

make friends with other pet cat owners along the way so they can babysit ur pets while u r out of town n u can do them the same favor when they travel. best is some neighbor or relatives tat stays nearby.

ayumi08

Hi all cats lovers out there, I have a cats of 17 years. I had him since 1991 when im in primary school and now im already in working society!!! I cannot image the day he leave me.. am so afraid that day will be tomorrow or something. I will treasure every single moment with him and hope every that one day animal cruelty will stop and all these pretty creatures that melts our heart will be happy forever...

For all cats lover, i found this site of this japanese photographer who shots his cats really well, his cats are in paradise.. hope you all enjoy it.. the airborne cats are one my fav. http://www.flickr.com/photos/junku/sets/

Arghhhhh.. his cats products are all so cute.. anyone knows how i can get hold of them other than flying to japan???
sad.gif

midas

try using vpost (www.vpost.com.sg). any products in japan tat provides local delivery can be bought n delivered to vpost's jap local address, they'll arrange shipment back to ur hm address...

meow2meow

hi, im new here..
jus had a stray followed my bro hm 1 nite,so decided to keep her for the past few mths..but recently keep fa chun..or mayb she a bit lonely..
keep the whole family up the whole nites & woke us up early morning..
anyway to keep her not so "high"??

kmich

Hi

Anyone using 'Cats Pride' for the cat litter? I have recently try it but still prefer the old brand. Left more than half a packet (only pour out some to try).

Don't mind giving away FOC but have to self collect. Otherwise I would have to discard.

u can email me at [email protected]

kxbc

A t-shirt from Cat Welfare Society perhaps?

A catnip ball (from Pet Lovers Centre, $6.90)?

Voucher from pet shop?

A fishing rod toy?

Cat spa?

Cat tree?

A lot of things to give...

loislane

hi all. i am in love with british shorthair kittens.
and its been weeks im looking for someone who willing to adopt it to me for free.
i am really in love with it and with the munchkin too.
i would love to adopt 2 so that they would not be lonely.
do you know if there's any shop in singapore that sells BSH? of is there anyone willing to let me adopt it?

i dont mind having to pay a small sum.

but i dont have the money to pay up till 300$ and so on.

please. help me.

maggiemeiee

British shorthair are considered pedigree cats and it cost much too. At eastpoint i saw one selling at $1000! so you might be really really lucky to get it for free or small sum...

andain

No cats of my own
sad.gif
only can play with those strays around my place.

But once I have my own place, definitely keeping a cat or 2
happy.gif

kmich

selling:
1) brand new cat litter box with hood (like a little house) + free cat litter box liner
2) cat dry food K+D for cat (Science Diet)- presription diet for cat with kidney impairment
3) scratching pole - use once only - height=46cm
4) 2-tier large cage (L90 x W57 x H116 cm). The cage can be folded for easy transportation. Bought for my cat but he does not like to be locked inside the cage at all and he prefers to scratch a rug. Therefore under utilised / not used at all.
5) catnip spray

pls email: [email protected]

wachifield

hi tiffy, sure of course
happy.gif
i adopted Apple and Ginger thro CWS, when they were 6 weeks old, that was 5 yrs ago. they are brother and sister. my hubby adore them too. but never agree to let me have a 3rd one. he say can't afford la. hehe...

691729.jpg

691730.jpg

691731.jpg

wachifield

thank you tiffy
happy.gif

i have a nice chinese blog to share with all.
http://www.wretch.cc/blog/palin88

the taiwan lady is a photographer, she took very beautiful pics of cats. she also help to rehome kitty too. her blog is really humourous, she will add dialogue to her cats pics and very drama.

if u can't understand chinese, no problem, can view her lovely pics. it is great satisfaction
happy.gif

vallous

wow...didnt know so many cat lovers out there..

mine is about 10 yrs...gary...a cross persian got from spca when he was only one.
694080.jpg

wachifield

OMG!! i want to hug gary! so cute!!! cats love to sit in this position, to show off their well- developed tummy hor? we ladies shd learn from them, be proud of our tummy too. hahaha!!!

shyantiffy

i wanna hug gary too!!!

Oh... does anyone here know where i can get that cute kitty's headgear? like the ones in the pics frm the taiwanese blog?

wachifield

hi tiffy,

if i recall correctly, i think i read from the blog that the lady made the headgear herself.

but if u are looking for something like this:
709232.jpg
(i borrow the pic from furragamo)

u may visit this website http://www.furragamo.com/furra/, hope u find something that ur cat likes :p

btw, my cats die die also won't let me put headgear/collar etc on them. they will turn into very unhappy cats.

delin88

meeoooww...how could i have missed this thread out??

I love cats..!!!all the pics here are cuteeeeeeee

Ask u all, why ahhh when during my school times i kept 2 cats at hm as pet, and since they lost their way home back.. i cried and cried as they lost..and so suddenly i hate to keep cat as a pet anymore and when i see stray cats i started to fear and scared of kanna scratch and the fur when touched ur legs?

Lately my parents fren giveaway a white kitten to my parents and if i to visit their hse, i will tell them to close the door of the balcony, cos i scared.

hmm.. dunno y leh.. i used to love, pampered my cats soooo much, and talk to them and pat pat them until they closed their eyes like wanna sleep..miss those times..

wachifield

delinbb, sorry can't explain ur change of behaviour towards cats. but give urself another chance to love them lah
happy.gif
i also talk to my kids and pat pat them until they close their eyes to sleep... and i myself feel calm and relax...

delin88

haha..ok will cool myself when i see my parent's cat..i must start by pat pat them slowly..heehee

my parent's cat drink water but not warm leh..:p

Thanks wachfield!!!

wachifield

yeah! pls build up ur confidence on cats again
happy.gif

my kids when young, don't like to drink water, so both of them had urinary tract infection. during that period, i tried giving them distilled water or buy them water fountain, also no use. then one day i added hot water into the drinking water to make it luke warm, and wow! they started drinking. so ever since, they prefer to drink warm water. if water too cold, they will walk away :p

delin88

Yup i will!!!

haha.. ur kids reactions..i can imagine must be soooo cute.. and pampered!!! i guess not many cats take warm water. Ur kids are unique from the rest... heehee :p

wachifield

thanks dear
happy.gif
u cld buy wheat grass at any ntuc. the price is $2.50 per pkt. u can divide it into small portion to feed ur cats, don't have to feed the whole pkt at one time. keep the unfinished grass inside the fridge to keep fresh for next day feeding. also do wash it properly before feeding. the grass will dry up after a few hours when left in the open, pls throw away. it is best to feed ur cats with fresh green grass. u can also cut the grass into half, so the cats can swallow easily.
my kids sometimes will vomit after eating as they too anxious and eat too fast (greedy lor). i will cut the grass into half and so far they are ok.
after feeding, u can observe the poo poo. if u see some fur mixed with dried grass in the poo poo... hehe... that means the grass is working
happy.gif

thanks wachifield for the tips. i bought wheatgrass from raffles city jasons (they only sold organic one - good life my cat) last thursday and started feeding my cat.

1st try - washed a big bunch and gave it to him. he was excited but the leaves were so small and kept falling out of his mouth. he ate a few and most of the wheatgrass went to waste.

2nd try - washed smaller bunches and left them around as snacks. he ate some as well. still don't see fur in this sh*t. hehe

5th try - new method! he loves his fussie cat wet food, so i cut up the wheatgrass into 1cm or so and mixed with his food so he eats both at the same time! so far so good... i like this method. minimal wastage. but still no fur in sh*t

it seems like a healthy diet and my cat loves plants. he chews the neighbours plants and any plant/ flower we bring home. hope my cat's enjoying this too
happy.gif

Presenting my cat....

732384.jpg
732385.jpg
732386.jpg

wachifield

oh oh, he so macho and handsome!! i love big orange cat
happy.gif

dun mention dear. the grass i bought at ntuc also stated 'organic'. it is really a healty diet. if u can't see the fur in his poo poo yet, dun worry, will take some time. or ur cat may vomit fur together with the grass. and try to avoid him from eating neighbour's plants, in case the plants are poisonous.

happy.gif