Cats Lovers??

fanasia

hi gals,

I would like to check the vet some you have been visiting at Paya lebar..do you have the number and the name of the vet?
I'm thinking of changing another vet for my cat..

THanks!

lollipop

Hi Fanasia,
Clinic For Pets is located at Blk 1015, Geylang East Ave 3, #01-141. It's opposite Paya Lebar MRT station. The telephone no. is 6745 1337. The vet's name is Dr Lim Ai Cheng.

Hope above helps.

curly

Hi girls, just wanna check if you sent your cat for annual vaccination? Just received a reminder for Snowball. Thanks!!

lollipop

Hi Curly,
I didn't send Nanook for his annual vaccinations for almost four years, until the current vet said it is advisable to. His next jab will be in October, methinks. The vet was telling me that having the annual vaccinations will keep the cats in better health and to fight against diseases.

E

eunicetan

halo gals,

ive juz adopted another cat at this pet shop called Pet World Mart (along east coast road). they do rehoming and adoption for cats on behalf of cat welfare org. im told tat i could bring home Tiger for 1 week n see if he's able to get along with the family including Junior.

last nite was his first nite n already it was eventful. juz as we were at our door step, Tiger escaped from hubby's arms n ran down the stairs. we didnt know if he ran down all the way or stopped at one of the floors. then 4 of us (includg my sis-in-law n her bf) went around the estate looking for him for almost an hr.

then finally 1 man from the 6th floor came rushing down the stairs with Tiger running in front of him n then Tiger hid under a car. my sis' bf then tried to grab Tiger n i muz say tat he really has an excellent temperament becos despite resisting us, he never tried to scratch or bite. it took 2 persons to grab hold of him n bring him upstairs (cos he's strong n big). the moment he was brought into our bedroom, he juz sniffed around n then made himself comfortable
lol.gif

i really hope this time he's here to stay becos so far, he's outstanding in his performance. he doesnt try to escape from my bedroom (although i dun dare to try to leave the door open cos he hasnt interacted with Junior yet), never tried to climb shelves, chairs or table n he's extremely agreeable to touch. the pet shop told me tat he's a cross siamese which explains for him being quite vocal. pet shop seller says he likes to sing
proud.gif

will try to post a photo of him as soon as hubby install the software for uploading. does anyone know of any good vet for cats? is the one mentioned at paya lebar good?

sammi

Hi ladies,

I am a cat lover too..I have a white persian, her name is KittyKat...been with me for 10 years. I'm getting married and will be moving to live in a HDB flat in Oct..Am worried that Kitty might not be used to living in a new environment, some more high rise...what if she jumps down! How? Can't bear to leave her with my mom....

fat_clumsy_cat

Hi sammi,

How about posting some of your KittyKat photos here?

I also stay in HDB with my two cats. Got only one time they ended up in the air-con ledge while the air-con guy is fixing the air-con. And worest still the air-con guy is scare of cat. We got a hard time getting them back to the house.

They love to look outside the windows so we arrange such that no furniture are near the window so that they will not jump down.

E

eunicetan

hi gals,

i came across this product while searching for 2nd hand cat stuff for Tiger. it's a window perch for cats.

Tiger has a problem getting along with Junior
sad.gif
he tends to become aggressive n would hiss n wanted to scratch at junior if he gets too close. wonder how long will it take for him to get used to junior
uhoh.gif

does anyone hav a siamese here? tiger is a cross siamese n oredi i find tat he's a little too loud. any ways to reduce it?

sammi

Hi,

Yup i will go find her pix...but how to post the pix ah?? I very techno-dino about such thing...

Hi Eunice,

My kittykat can be loud too when she needs my attention, like when she needs food when I already sleeping...she will keep on meowing till i wake up..Guess its normal.

E

eunicetan

halo sammi,

hope it's normal cos i think he will drive us up the wall if he continues mewing like tat
crazy.gif

today juz spent $100 on cat stuff: wire mesh for gates, shampoo, vitamins, harness, bell, mouse toy n litter tray liner
lame.gif

i gave a little catnip to tiger juz now but he wasnt interested in it at all. wonder if anyone else's cats behave the same. tiger oso doesnt wan to play with the mouse toy. is 2 yrs old too old to play??
uhoh.gif

at least he allowed junior to go near enough to smell him n he even sniffed junior a little. he oso allowed me to put on the harness n bell after some fussing
biggrin.gif

think im going to try to bathe him tomorrow..... wish me luck!
uhoh.gif

E

eunicetan

hey curly,

really love ur ginger!!
proud.gif
he reminds me of orange but i think ur ginger is so much more adorable!
biggrin.gif
how old is ginger now? i guess he must be really big now. btw, wat is the colour of his eyes?

curly

Hi eunice! Glad that you had adopted another cat. So how is Tiger doing so far? Do post pics of him.

Ginger was 2.5 weeks old when we found him, so he must be coming to 6 months old some time this week. Yah, he's really adorable and mischievous too! He loves to chase the girls! Will try to post some recent pics here. His eyes are ginger colour and blend very well with his fur.

By the way, do you know how's Orange doing?

E

eunicetan

halo curly,

tiger's doing pretty well now.. he's getting used to junior n even sniffed him now n then
biggrin.gif
but he still likes to mew tho' funny thing abt his mew is tat his cries sound like "how" n "help"
lol.gif

we removed the harness n replaced with a leather collar but found out tat he seems to hav skin allergy around the neck, prolly due to the collar so we took away the collar as well. now waiting for stocks to come in, a type of rubber collar, which is being sold at pet world mart.

i will try to post tiger's pics later.

halo hwey,

so glad to hear tat orange's doing so well... my hubby n i still missed him... i missed those times when he would wake up early n follow me to the bathroom
sad.gif

E

eunicetan

he looks manly ar??? hmmm.... never see him tat way leh. juz thot he's aptly named cos he eats like one! he eats non-stop n when he eats, his food flies out of his dish
lol.gif
n he makes grunting noises too
biggrin.gif
in actual fact, he's a scaredy cat n is easily frightened by loud noises
lame.gif

im thinking of bringing him to the vet at paya lebar to check on his skin cos there seems to be a bald patch on his right leg and yesterday i saw a flea on him but couldnt catch it
uhoh.gif

E

eunicetan

wahhhhh....ginger has lovely markings!! love the second photo very much... he kinda look like the cat in this makoto muramatsu jigsaw puzzle
biggrin.gif

21060.jpg

i love his cats! ive got 2 of his jigsaws at home
proud.gif

curly

fat clumsy cat, somehow I think Ginger hasn't lost his baby fats! Comparing to Snowball & Snowy, at this age, they were looking quite adult already. Ginger is the fattest of the 3! Snowy is still skinny (with a sagging tummy). Snowball is just right. Not too sure how heavy Ginger is? Must be between 1 to 1.5kg. Body length wise must be around 20cm.

By the way, how are Brownie & Mui Mui doing? I still go to your website every month to look at their pics. The ones of them in the pail were really good ones!

eunice, yap I agree that he has lovely markings! The vet also mentioned that his colour is darker than normal ginger cat too! When they were helping to look after him, there were a few people asking to adopt him. Thank god we kept him for ourselves.

kiki

Hi gers,

I received some cat pictures recently... would like to share as this cat is absolutely adorable...

But am not sure how to insert the photos ... can anyone pls teach me?

Thanks!

fat_clumsy_cat

Hi kiki,
Actually I also forgot how to post the pics.

Hi Curly,
Thank you for visiting my website, actually not many people go there but I still enjoy working on it. I think Ginger is much lighter in her background color than Brownie that is why his marking are very clear. Brownie and Mui Mui both has sagging tummy and they are as fat as the makoto muramatsu cat in the pic. Maybe I should take down their wrist line and post here. I hope they will not be angry with me for doing this. hee!

B

bow_wow

Hiya, i'm quite new to this forum.
Would like to show my cat, Kiddy.
P/S: To post pics, just type "\ i.mage{Text here}" (without the space and . in the image word)

21105.jpg

lollipop

Hi FCC,

Dunno how this might be of help. This came from a Q&A section from aboutcats.com

Dandruff

Q: My cat has something that looks like dandruff on her skin. Can we use a regular dandruff shampoo on her?

A: Norris- It is probably safe to use any human shampoo on a pet. I think that cream rinses or conditioners do more for dandruff on cats than shampooing, though. A poor haircoat can be a sign of disease. Diabetes, allergies and hyperthyroidism are common causes of dander or oily haircoats in our practice. It may be worth having your vet check your cat if this problem continues.

Mike Richards, DVM

Unquote

For more information on cat health issues, you may visit http://cats.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vetinfo.com%2Fcatskin.html

By the way, how long has it been since you realised Brownie has got dandruff? How often do you bathe him? Hopefully you can rectify the problem soonest.

Nanook has a bald patch at the back of his neck. It's an area he couldn't reach to lick so we have no idea how it happened. We brought him to the vet and was told it could be fungus. Went to get Trosyd cream for him. Have been applying it on him twice a day but so far, there hasn't been any improvement. Despite this, Nanook's appetite and behaviour have been normal.

I wonder if I should seek a second opinion.

fat_clumsy_cat

Hi lollipop,
how come both our cats seem to have a lot of skin problem? I discovered the "dandruff" today. I can even scratch some off his skin. Maybe it is because Brownie is on a new medicine for his bare patches. I used to bathe both my cats once a week and got scolding from the vet. Now I am bathing them once a month or two months. I am thinking I wait for one more week and see what happen before bringing him to the vet, he hates going to the vet.

Which vet are you going to seek your second opinion? The vet at Simei is very expensive and I dun think they are very good.

3 cats

One of my cat used to have this dandruff problem as well. Sometimes I can scratch dead skin/crust off her skin as well. And her fur is not shiny like my other cats. I fed her essential fatty acid supplement and still it does not help. I finally brought her to the vet and the diagnosis is fur mites. The mites irritates and she scratches, causing injury to her skin. And because of excessive grooming by herself to get rid of the mites, her coat loses the shine. It seems that some cats are extremely sensitive to it (like yours and mine). Fur mites spreads easily. If one of your cats have it, chances are the rest of your cats will have it too. Advised to thoroughly clean your home too, esp the sofas, carpets and rugs.

The solution: Use Frontline (approx $35 for 1 box containing 3 tubes, 1 tube effective for 4 weeks). It kills fleas and mites. I used the one whereby it is dripped onto the skin and in less than 1 week, the dandruff disappeared and her coat is now much shinier. She scratches less and is much happier. I was advised to continue treatment for 3 months in a row.

Reminder: Read the instructions on the box. Bath your cat minimum 2 days before application. You can bath it 3-4 weeks later and then apply the 2nd application.

Good luck.

fat_clumsy_cat

Hi 3 cats,
Thank you for your solution. I think I have to bring both Brownie and Mui Mui to the vet this coming weekend.

By the way, where did you get this "Frontline"?

3 cats

You are welcome. We cat lovers have to help one another as the cats are such misunderstood animals.

Frontline is available in most pet shops. There are a few ways of application: spray, pump (I think) or direct application onto the skin. For cats, it is recommended that you use the skin application formula as it is easier to apply. It will take just 1 min. Make sure you buy the one suitable for cats. They have a range for dogs too.

My vet is in Balestier (not naming them as it may be tantamount to advertising). They are good and detailed but a bit on the expensive side. Else, check out the Metta MSN discussion board. I remember seeing some good vet recommendations by some of the posters there.

lollipop

Hi FCC,

Yesterday I brought Nanook to the same pet clinic but seek for Dr Lim instead. Earlier, it was a male vet. Dr Lim suggested we bring Nanook to Mt Pleasant Hospital for a thorough check-up.

Anyways, to cut the long story short, the vet took some skin and fur samples. Said Nanook has fungus on his bald patch and bacteria on his belly (red spots) Given iodine solution and neoderm cream to wash the affected areas, medicine to stop itch, fungus and an anti-biotic suspension which I think I have problem feeding him with. Anyways, the spots on Nanook's belly have cleared up. Right now he is wearing the collar.. the vet said the fur will grow back if we keep the collar on for three months... after two weeks the skin will start to heal.

I hope he doesn't drool. The last time we had him on the collar for 2 weeks, he drooled.. excessively.

Hey 3cats,
You are absolutely right about cats being misunderstood. I am so p.o with the AVA's decision to cull strays, and not only strays but sterilised ones as well!
sad.gif

lavenderlilz

Hi Lollipop

Poor Nanook. Last Sunday afternoon I found Beano drooling exessively - brought him to Mt Pleasant emergency services but the doctor couldn't find anything stuck in his throat. Even sent him for an X-ray & found no blockage in his bladder.

The next day he was still drooling & I took him to James Tan who asked if he ate anything like chemicals or insecticides. I said no as we keep everything out of reach & we've got no insecticides at home. But I told him I found a half-eaten cockroach on Saturday morning.

Well to cut a long story short, Dr Tan gave Beano a jab which stopped his drooling & kept him for observation at the hospital until evening.

Brought him home later that night. Now my bigger problem is my other cat Choc Choc is so naughty - he's been very territorial since Beano came home & would chase him under the sofa & Beano would stay there till its safe to come out. Sigh...

Now its a little better. Last night I came home & they were both waiting for me but the moment Choc Choc saw Beano advancing towards me, he chased him away again!

lollipop

Hi Lavenderlilz,

The last time Nanook drooled, Dr Lim frm Clinic for Pets said it could be he was under stress, or tt he saw something he didn't like. I guess the only one time when Nanook was very stressed was the time when we shifted, but that was so long ago! Anyways, we deduced it could be the collar. It made him very disoriented, and he would walk backwards, knocking onto furniture. Surprisingly once we removed the collar, he stopped drooling.

You knw the part when you mentioned about half eaten cockroach? Eeeww.. I was eating a currypuff then.. heh heh.

Didn't Choc Choc and Beano grow up together? Could it be Beano was stressed about Choc Choc "bullying" him? Poor dear.. I hope the situation will improve soonest.

lavenderlilz

Hi lollipop

Before this incident, Beano would drool when he is under stress which would be the car ride to & from the Vet. Not only would he drool, he'd also poop. So I guess car rides don't agree with him. Once the ride stops & he's back home, the drooling will stop quite immediately.

Actually everything was fine on Sunday until I noticed in the afternoon that each time he puts his head down on the floor to rest, he'd drool & there would be this huge puddle around his mouth on the floor. After bringing him back from the vet on Sunday evening, he'd still drool & I even woke at 4am to check on him... That was why I brought him to the vet for the 2nd time on Monday morning - just took half day urgent leave (no choice lah - its like a kid hehe :p)

Yes I bought both Beano & Choc Choc from the same pet shop at the same time! But Choc Choc loves to harass Beano whenever he comes back from the vet. When they were younger, it was still not so bad but they'd both fight when Choc Choc goes overboard with his nonsense & Beano would give that huge back alley cat yell! After a few days it would be ok. But now its been over a week!

Btw, how do I post pix of my cats here? Finally have some pix of them
happy.gif

lollipop

Hi Lavenderlilz,

I guess what you can do is to observe Beano's drooling in the next few days. Whether the amount of drool is lesser, or more than the previous day. Have you tried soothing him, talking to him? Sometimes, hearing our words does calm a cat's senses. How about separating Choc Choc frm Beano for the time being? Is it possible? If nothing works, bring him to a different vet. Erm, issit allergy?

Sorry if I can't help you much.

To post a pic, you type
your_image.gif
Afterwhich it will prompt you to browse for ure file. I think there's a limit to the size of the attachment. 50K methinks.

Anyways, looking forward to seeing ure cuties.

P/S: Right now I'm mourning for the lives of the strays and sterilized strays the AVA has killed.. I wish I can do something about it. But I can't.

lollipop

Oops.. you type \ image { description } with no spaces in btw.. put it this way so it won't appear like above.

Hope it works!

lavenderlilz

Hi Lollipop

So sorry to get you confused. When I told you about that puddle of drool it happened last sunday. AFter the jab, Beano has stopped drooling.

Guess I didn't make myself clear.
embarrassed.gif

When I said the situation didn't improve that much, I was referring to Choc's territorial behavior. hehe

Thanks for the links. Will go check them out.

lollipop

Hi Lavenderlilz,

Beano looks so cute! So forlorn. Good to hear that the drooling has stopped. Mebbe Beano is gentle by nature, he doesn't know how to be agressive and retaliate.

Erm, no picture of Choc leh..

lavenderlilz

Hi lollipop

Funny thing is Beano is gentler by nature although the hunter in him does emerge when he sees fish in the fish tank & a lizard on the balcony wall. Ironic isn't it?

Erm for choc - that pic was in a file which has a format that is not accepted by SB - so I got to convert it first.

This morning Choc gave Beano attitude & didn't allow him to eat (they usually eat out of the same tray with 2 adjoining dishes) & my husband had to put Choc in our bedroom so that Beano can grab a bit. Poor fella has lost weight
sad.gif
& Beano's frame is actually bigger than Choc's.....

lollipop

Hi Lavenderlilz,

I guess all cats have this hunter instinct, even though they are gentle in nature. Once when I was sleeping, Nanook rushed into my room. I woke up immediately and switched on the lights, and to my horror, there was a flying cockroach right behind me. Guess he was trying to catch it.. Nanook has eaten flies before, including rubberbands. But no way am I gonna let him eat a roach. Eeeww.

I guess frm now on you hafta separate ure cats during feeding time, otherwise poor Beano won't get a chance to eat. Occasionally you could try making them eat together. See if Choc bullies Beano again.

Actually Beano looks like a cross btw a ragdoll and persian. I love medium-hair cats esp. Ragdolls! btw how did you derive their names?

Just fed Nanook antibiotic suspension. Took 3 fellas to make him eat. My mum was holding him, my dad was holding on to his legs, and I was taking aim with the syringe.. After 5 min we managed to get most of the solution in. Whoeee! And I hafta do this twice a day for 14 days. Whoeee!

heh heh.

lavenderlilz

fat clumsy cat

Yeah Beano is very adorable. Sadly he's lost some weight these few days - thanks to his hiding under the table & Choc's shooing him away during meal times.

Lollipop

Guess I'd have to buy another dish tray for Beano.

Feeding a cat medication is no joke. Its easier to pop the pill into Choc's mouth while Beano freaks out more easily at this. Sigh.

Well Choc Choc's original name was Chocolate cos he's a dark chocolate colour. But its quite tedious to say "chocolate" - so I ended up calling him Choc Choc.

Beano was named by my husband - no reason given for the name though. :þ