Cats Lovers??

M

mickz

hey thanks people,

I will definately try that with my cat in my new house. I am still not sure if i can bring him over cos mom is very attached to him.

anyway, i know this is a cats lovers' corner, but anyone of you has experience with having a pet cat and a pet dog living together?
happy.gif

mickz

curly

Hi FCC, I really hope Ginger will keep it up! Snowball is ok except that sometimes she sprays all over the place..... making the toilet very smelly. Every now and then, I have to clean after Snowy as she still like to do it outside...

Here some pics of Ginger I took last week....

12400.jpg

12401.jpg

12402.jpg

12403.jpg

fat_clumsy_cat

Hi Curly,
your ginger really look so sweet. He has really big eyes. It seem that your cat is getting along quite ok wat.

My Brownie is shedding even more, now he got another bare patch on his stomach, another two more on the other side of his back and another one on his arm. I think I am going to bring him to the vet again. so sad.

curly

Hello FCC, Ginger is so loveable that everybody who had seen him was immediately attracted to him. Yesterday, there were some NUS students collecting old clothes/newspapers and when they saw him, they started playing with him.....

Ginger gets along with Snowball and Snowy but Snowball is rather defensive though..... There were a couple of times when she pushed him away when he went too near her. She had even bitten him once but not serious. Snowy on the other hand is ok with him. Anyway, Snowy is a very gentle cat. She never once showed her nails even when she's threaten. I have to send Snowy to Dr Su tonight as there's a spot at the corner of her eye. I cleaned it with salt water last night and turned slightly bloody.... It looked worse this morning..... Hope it's nothing serious.

I hope Brownie will recover soon!!

lollipop

Curly,

I love to see cats grooming their young, and the pictures which you shared with us are very sweet. I love the last one best.

Anyways, FCC, Nanook hasn't stop shedding too. Think it got worse after he finished his medication. Perhaps I should drop by the vet and ask for the hormone pills again. My mum was commenting that Nanook's backside looks like a monkey's behind!

curly

Ginger had been to the vet again on Sunday as he had diarrhoea for a few days. He was dehydrated as well! Now that he has recovered from it, I think he's having constipation! Already tried a few methods to help him but still no result. Hopefully he will do something today......

lollipop

Curly,

For the time being, feed Ginger with water instead of milk. Milk tends to aggravate cats and ppl who's down with diarrhoea.

When a person eats too much medication to stop the diarrhoea, it will result in constipation. Perhaps that is happening to Ginger. I'm sure the vet is able to do something. No worries. There there..

curly

lollipop, just checked with my brother and was told Ginger had managed to squeeze something out!

I had stopped the milk as he's already eating canned food. At the moment, he's on chicken and soaked biscuits. I think I'll stop the chicken after tonight and let him have the canned food and biscuits and see how he gets on.....

I hope he'll be alright as I'm going away for almost 2 weeks......

curly

Snowball as usual is still unfriendly toward everyone except hubby and myself. Snowy is still the most gentle cat. Whenever my hubby is watching a programme, she will sit on him and knead on his tummy, then make herself comfy and sleep..... Ginger is the mischievous one, always pounces on Snowball and Snowy. Snowball will get away from him while Snowy just let him do whatever he wants until she can't stand him..... They are really the joy of our life!

I had taken some pics; will post them when I have the chance.....

fat_clumsy_cat

Hi everybody,
Brownie bare patches is worest than ever. I think I am going to bring him to see the vet again. I guess I know what is stressing him. He needs humans to be at home more often. By the way, if I post his photos here, he will look really bad.

Mui Mui fur is getting more smooth after I have change his food to Imas.

Toilet training is still unsuccessful. Brownie prefer to shit on the floor and urina in the WC.

More photos at
http://sg.geocities.com/purfect_catch

lollipop

HI FCC,

Nanook's patches are recovering, however if you look at the first picture, you will see that his tail is still quite bare. The last time I went to the vet, he gave me a bitterant spray. Does Brownie lick at the affected areas? If so, the spray might help cos it would discourage the cat frm licking, and would give time for the patches to grow back. At the same time, we also gave him some hormone pills which the vet warned us not to feed him with it over a long course of time, as it might cause cancer.

Mui Mui and Brownie are such lovable cats. And big too! How heavy are they? I just weighed Nanook and he is a whopping 8 kg!

Hi Curly,
GInger should be bigger by now, hmmm, but still as mischievous huh? The other night Nanook was sleeping in between us, and whilst I was sleeping already, he got up frm my feet, and stretched, and walked in btw us. According to my husband, Nanook looked at him, as though asking for permission to sit where he was standing.. and then my husband patted him, so Nanook settled himself comfortably btw us... so cute!

Looking forward to see the pictures of them!

fat_clumsy_cat

Hi lollipop,
Yes Brownie lick at the affected area very much. He got bare patches now at his arms, tails, stomach and two big ones on his back. I think if I will to spray the bitterant spray, I will have to spray the whole cat.

I will bring him to see the vet on this Sat, and see what the vet say.

I have not get a weighing machine to check on their weight. But I had a hard time carrying both of them together, I cannot even stand properly.

lollipop

FCC,
That's the problem, if a cat keeps licking on the affected areas, the hair will nvr grow out. The bitterant spray does work and Nanook hates it. He'd run away seeing the spray in our hands. The spray is about 15ml only.

curly

Some pics of Snowball, Snowy and Ginger which I have just taken.

Snowball by the window
16434.jpg

Ginger grooming Snowy
16435.jpg

Three of them watching the world passes by.....
16436.jpg

lollipop

Curly,
I am really envious! Ginger is getting bigger by the day huh? I love it when two cats sleep together.. they would snuggle up to each other.. sweet.

I like the third picture though.. very candid.

Thanks for sharing the pictures with us!

fat_clumsy_cat

Hi everybody,
I have brought Brownie to the vet, she gives him a collar and have to wear it for 2 to 3 months. The Doctor say he is suffering from unbalance homon (dun know how to spell). She also say one or two out of 100 cats that is sterlize will suffer from this.

Recently, Brownie learn how to open my kitchen drawers. He will sit inside the drawer after he has open them. One headache he gives me is that everytime I came home, I will see that all my kitchen cabinet cupboard and drawers are opened now. It looks like some thiefs has rob my house.

curly

Hi lollipop, Ginger is growing bigger each day but still cute..... He's the one who makes lots of noise especially during meals time. For the last pic, I happened to see 3 of the by the window, so I snapped it very quickly. It's very rare that they are together.

Each time, we vacum the floor, Snowball and Snowy will go to their favourite hiding place while Ginger has nowhere to hide..... Really funny when you see that happens....

fat clumsy cat, your Brownie so clever! Thank god mine can only open the tiolet door. Hope Brownie will have his fur back soon.

lollipop

Hi FCC,

I think that is what the vet told me too. That Nanook is suffering from some unbalance in the hormone system. You brought him to the vet at Paya Lebar?

Cats are really smart. Nanook loves to open the shower screen door and go into the bath area and drink from the "forbidden" pool of water. Just last weekend, Nanook did a naughty thing. According to my mother, who had finished watching the TV, left the sliding door of the TV console sligthly open. All this while Nanook was sleeping. When my dad came back, he couldn't find Nanook, and then started calling out to him. It took them awhile to realise he was inside. In fact he was btw the cable box and the board, very cramped he was, but comfortable. My parents then took turns to try to drag him out but were bitten on the hand. To which my mum smacked him on the mouth and dragged him out forcefully. Poor dear received his desserts later on... he got spanked on the butt :p

Big bozo, that's what he is
happy.gif

fat_clumsy_cat

hi Lollipop,
yes, I brought him to the vet at paya lebar, she is our family vet. hee...

Mui Mui and brownie are very scare of the vacumme cleaner too. Whenever I open my store room door, they will open their eyes big big and ran to the kitchen to hide. Then when I vacumme the kitchen, they will ran to the living room, when I vacumme the living room, they will hide in the kitchen.

Brownie loves to open doors of all kinds and Mui Mui likes to carry things in his mouth. Sometime all our shoes on the shoe rack can end up in the living room. Their toys can one day be in the living room, another day in the toilet. Got once, I took out 3 ping pong balls inside the floor trap. It can be very headache like this.

lollipop

Hi FCC,
Where are you staying? Or have I already asked you that before?

You know, I really envy you and Curly at times, having more than one cat. I would love for Nanook to have a company, but knowing how possessive he is, they would probably end up fighting. I love to see how the two cats snuggle up together, how they play with each other...

You know, I might wanna open up some cats shelter one day. It's a dream, I dun think I have the capital anyways
happy.gif

fat_clumsy_cat

Hi lollipop,
I am staying in Hougang. Mui Mui & Brownie grew up together, that why they are so close together, but they cannot tolerate another cat. Sometime they are really fierce when they fight, but when u take one cat away, both of them will start screaming.

Hee, one of my dream is to take over SPCA, reconstruct the whole place, more space for the animals, and ban putting animals to sleep. But that means got to wait until I am a millionaire first. Dreeeeaam on!

3cats

Hi Curly

Love your cats, especially Ginger. Reminds me of my cat.

I love your candid shot of them sitting on the drawer looking out. But I notice that there is no grill preventing them from jumping out. That's really dangerous as I know of cat owners whose cats got too excited watching the birds and jumped out of the bare windows thinking they could catch the birds.

Perhaps you would want to put some wire mesh to prevent any tragedy from happening. Cats, especially kittens, are curious by nature and give no second thoughts to chasing a bird, even if they may leap to their deaths. *touch wood*

lollipop

Hi FCC,
I used to stay in Hougang too! My in-laws are living in Hougang, so I go back there quite often.

It's nice to know someone who kinda share the same dream as me
happy.gif
Yeah, you are right, we need to have loads of capital before our dreams can materialise.

Anyways, hope Brownie recovers soonest! The vet only gave him a collar? Nanook didn't like the collar at all. He became really disoriented, and would start walking backwards, and knocking onto almost everything. When it was dinner time, and that I removed his collar, it was heaven for him! I hope Brownie is taking the collar ok. Any pills? Bitterant spray?

fat_clumsy_cat

hi lollipop,
the vet gives him some pills and a collar. Brownie was not used to the collar at first, but I insisted that the collar is not to be remove at all time except during bath time. Now he sort of get used to it, no more funny actions from him.

The vet did not give me any bitterant spray.

lollipop

Hi FCC,
Dr Lim saw Brownie? I think Dr Lim would encourage us to use the collar on our cats first, followed by the pills. If I am not wrong, you have to feed Brownie a quarter of the table every three days?

The last time when I brought Nanook to the vet, it was a male vet. Young chap, doesn't offer solutions but rather suggestions. We bought the bitterant spray from him. Nanook runs away whenever he sees me holding onto the btl. Smart.

I think you would have to ask for the spray, else they won't recommend. For me, the collar doesn't work on Nanook. He got so stressed he started drooling. That was when Dr Lim told us to remove the collar off him. Suggest you try both the collar and pills, since you mentioned Brownie got used to it. Hopefully his bare patches will recover soon.

lavenderlilz

awww curly, your cats just look like they love each others' company
happy.gif

Do any of you know where I can house my cats when I am going on holiday or are there minders who would come to my place like twice a day to feed them & clear their poo?

curly

Ginger is extremely playful; he loves to be with Snowball and Snowy. He's always chasing after them.

If I remember correctly, lollipop's vet provides such service. I always ask my brother or sister to help me when we go on holidays.

lollipop

Hi Curly,

Thanks for sharing the pictures with us
happy.gif
Ginger's closer to Snowy than Snowball?

Yeah Lavenderlilz,

The vet which I bring Nanook to, provides boarding services. It is located at Geylang, opposite Paya Leba MRT station. I can't remember how much they charge, and as usual, every cat you bring in, they have to deflea it. I know that there are many ppl who board their cats with them. If it is too far for you, you can consider Pet Lovers. Here are the numbers to call: 6745 1337 or 6748 7105 for Clinic for Pets and 6842 1088 for Pet Lovers.

lavenderlilz

Thanks gals
happy.gif
Will give them a call tomorrow. I am a little anxious about bringing them there cos Beano gets nervous in car rides and would poo on the way there & dirty himself. Choc's more placid about such things.

curly

Hi lollipop/Lavenderlilz

Yes, I think so. I had seen Ginger chasing and playing with Snowball but never seen them hugging to sleep. I suppose because Snowball is more of a loner.

My MIL and her friend arrived last week and poor Snowball hid under my comforter for 2 days and refused to come out. Whenever I brought her out, she would struggle and run back to the comforter. She only came out when noboby was around. But I think after 2 days, it was too much for her and she decided to join us. Snowy was wary for a while and Ginger was not scared at all.

lavenderlilz

Hi Hwey

What breeds are Ah Two & Sally? Are they both black in colour? From my monitor at work, Sally looks like she's greyish black with some white on her chest?

lollipop

Hi Hwey,
From the earlier pictures you sent of Sally last year, I thought she was grey? Or is it because of the lighting which makes her look slightly darker?