Cats Lovers??

fat_clumsy_cat

hi tigger,
Iams is very expensive and I just change to that. I got the Iams from rivervale mall. they are selling at 700g @$8.00 something. 3kg @$28, 7kg @$54. My cats dun seem to enjoy it as much as They enjoy can food.

hi curly,
congratulation, you got a new cat. my cats got blue eyes when they are small, but once they grow big their eyes change to yellow. I always said they used their eyes to bluff me to bring them back.

curly

Hi fat clumsy cat, I'm not too sure if I want to keep it yet due to the expenses..... Snowball and Snowy had blue eyes too when we adopted them. Now Snowball has yellowish green eyes and Snowy has yellow eyes.

My hubby just told me that he heard meowing this morning at the same spot.... probably it's sibling(s). He suspected that someone dumped them there! Really can't understand why they can do this to them! God knows what the workers would do to it/them....

tigger, I paid around the same price when we fed them with Iams. The small can costs around $1.35. Now we buy Nutro (?) MaxCat/MaxKitten. Also expensive.... The salmon flavoured biscuit costs around $25 for 2kg. Small can, $1.35 and big can $2. Snowball now eats more biscuits than canned food. She simply loves this brand. She also likes to eat from my palm.

tigger

I used to feed Butter with Iams too when we were in Oz. I think it is alright lar cos maybe we started out paying that kinda money from the start. But whiskas is really damn cheap in comparison. Just rememebered petshop should hve Iams right.

I only feed Butter with can food for special treats. Like when we were having dinner, I give her her fav wet food. So everytime we eat aftertt, she knows not to disturb us cos she has her own yumyum.

Hey Curly, you gonna keep the kitten? Any pictures to share? I read somewhere that all new born kittens have blue eyes. But dunno when wil their colors change. Those with natural blue eyes are sometimes blind.

lollipop

I used to feed Nanook with Science Diet- Weight Maintenance. It cost $17 plus for a 1.5kg, whereas now I pay $6.95 for Whiskas Pockets, and $6.00 for Smarthearts. Science Diet is a healthy brand, but it didn't seem to make Nanook shed some weight, so we stopped after 2-3 packets..

All kittens have blue eyes, till a certain stage where the colors will change.
happy.gif

Curly,
Decide what's best for the kitten and ureself. If you think you can manage, go ahead! You will just make one more cat happier
happy.gif

curly

Hi girls, Dr Su said he's about 2.5 weeks old. She said he'll grow into a beautiful cat. She suggest that look after it for a while then decide if I want to give up for adoption..... His sibling(s) are still out there and it's raining..... can hear all the meowing going on... They must be so cold out there.... Poor little things.

This is how he looks like....

11521.jpg

11522.jpg

11523.jpg

lavenderlilz

at least you managed to rescue this kitten. after having read your post, Curly, I feel so worried for his siblings - is there any way of getting them out & finding homes for them after that?

curly

I had just named him Ginger Salmon. Hehe.... silly right?! I thought he was of some mixed breed as he looks slightly different from Snowball and Snowy when they were little. Anyway, Dr Su confirmed that he's a tabby.

He has to be fed once every 3 to 4 hours and as he doesn't know how to pee and poo, we have to help him.... As we are both working, there's no way we give him so much attention. Thank god Dr Su and her staff offered to help us. My hubby had just gone home and send him to the clinic. We will pick him up this evening. Was told that we have to continue the bottle feeding for a few weeks.... Not too sure if they are will to help us for that long..... It will be a hassle for us as well.

This morning, I woke up earlier to feed it and it was no easy task; and help with the pee and poo. The meowing outside was loud and clear.... Then my brother showed me Ginger's sibling. It was meowing pitifully..... I hope some kind soul will pick it up and give it warmth and comfort... Feeling guilty for not saving it.....

fat_clumsy_cat

Weeeee! it so cute! It look like brownie when he is small except brownie ears are a bit bigger.

Feel like helping you, but I also dun know how to help. Last time when i pick up brownie and mui mui, there are seven of them all together. I was so happy about picking brownie and mui mui until I forgot about their siblings. The next day, my hubby call me and ask me what about the rest of the cats. We drive back to the same spot and all the cats are missing. I feel guilty even I think of it now.

curly

Went to pick up Ginger after work today and everybody just love him. I think we already got potential adoptor but he's so cute that I'm relucant to let him go..... Dr Su could also tell that my hubby likes him every much bec this morning when he sent him in, he had to say goodbye so many times before he went off.

I think his sibling is already gone.... Didn't hear any more meows nor signt of it. Hopefully some kind soul had saved it. Dr Su said if it's still there, she would ask someone to pick it up tomorrow.

Here are some pics of Ginger I took just now....

11602.jpg

your_image.gif

your_image.gif

11603.jpg

lollipop

I think Ginger Salmon has rather small ears. When Nanook was younger, his ears were so big, his tail so long, he looked so feral... I like the white areas around his eyes.. like eye-shadows
happy.gif

curly, mebbe you can discuss with ure husband about adopting him. So far, how is Snowy and Snowball taking to the newcomer?

curly

lollipop, we have decided to keep Ginger Salmon! I think Snowball is both curious and scared. Snowy is just curious. Most of the time, Ginger is separated from them as he's not been dewormed yet.

I agree that he has small ears compared to Snowball and Snowy. Dr Su said that his ears are floppy bec he's still very young. I hope they will always remain like this...

lavenderlilz

Curly, good to know that u are keeping him - he's so cute! but I feel so sad thinking about his brother - is his brother still there? maybe I can try and find out if anyone wants to keep him or arrange for him to be sent to a cattery?

lavenderlilz

OOps sorry curly, didn't see ur earlier post about ur kitten's sibling not being there anymore.

so how are your 2 gals taking to the new kitten?

grace

Hi Curly,

Ginger Salmon is so beautiful! I just love ginger tabbies!

It will be interesting to see your other cats' reactions. When I rescued a two month old kitty some time back, Bucky kept wanting to play with her, Otterboy only hissed at her and Pearl hid in the bedroom all week! Real scaredy-cat!

lollipop

Curly,
Glad you have decided to adopt Ginger. You like him with floppy ears?! Hmm, somehow, Ginger reminds me of the breed Scottish Fold. Their ears appear small because they are folded downwards. Saw some Scottish Folds in Tokyo. Kawaii!!

It's amusing to hear how different cats react to newcomers... when we introduced Nanook to one of the strays at our old hse, he would hiss at the kitten, and the kitten would just arch its back. Really defensive. The next time we introduced him to another cat, he was rather, erm, blur, and the other cat swiped its paw at Nanook. Poor dear.

happy.gif

Curly, I hope ure cats will love Ginger. When can you deworm him? Cos his stomach looks real bloated.

curly

I have not really introduced them yet but Snowball and Snowy are aware of his presence. God, I had not been spending enough time with them.....Was too occupied with Ginger... I hope they will become good friends.

Yah lor, I like his ears like that; looks different from the rest.

I will check with Dr Su tonight when he can be dewormed. His tummy looks big meh?? I thought it's of reasonable size. Snowy got really bloated tummy before deworming....

Snowy was just sterlised this morning. Was told that she was extremely stress..... Can't wait to see her tonight!!

lollipop

Hi Curly,
Yeah, frm the first picture which you have posted, his stomach does look bloated.

I understand how you feel. Sometimes when I come back home tired and Nanook would nudge me... and I dun think I'm in the mood to play with him... I do feel bad afterwards, and I would pick him up and hug him and talk to him. I dun want him or anyone to think that eversince I've gotten married, I would neglect him. He'll always be my sweet dear bozo.
happy.gif

Snowy is actually around the same size as Snowball huh? I think she could be quite big...

fat_clumsy_cat

hi Curly,
glad that you decided to keep ginger. It is a male or a female? heard that almost full orange color cat are 90% male. He will grow up to be a very beautiful cat.

My brownie is still licking himself a lot. do you know where can I get a collar for him to stop him from licking? I scare overgrooming might become a habit for him then his fur will never grow back.

curly

Hi lollipop, Dr Su said that Ginger can be dewormed in 2 weeks' time.

Last night when we went to pick up Snowy, she looked so tired! Her eyes were all red and when we got home, she ate only like 10% of her normal meal. She must be so drowsy that she slept the whole night. She looks much better this morning but still not eating much.... Hopefully by tomorrow, she would be her usual self.

Here a pic of Ginger being fed...
11723.jpg

curly

Hi fat clumsy cat, Ginger is a boy. Now I have 2 girls and 1 boy! My hubby said that he would be the last one we take in.....

During the day (weekdays), he is being looked after at the clinic and Dr Su said he is extremely popular. She said each day he has more and more visitors... It's really kind of them to help us to look after him.

Not too sure about the collar..... I think the pet shop or clinic should sell. Hope Brownie will recover soon.....

Actually my hubby wanted to name him Brownie.

curly

lollipop, Snowy is slight smaller than Snowball. Each one of them is about 6 months apart. I think Snowy will be big as she's very greedy. Dr Su said that the operation took longer than expected bec Snowy has so much fatty tissue in her.... hahaha.... I think it's time to put her on diet...

Just now I went to buy a hot bottle so that Ginger can be kept warm all the time.

Here some more pics of Ginger which I just took...

11725.jpg

11726.jpg

curly

Yes he's got a short little one with a slight kink at the tip. Not too sure how long it will be when he grows up. Only Snowball has long straight tail.

Yah, he was all stretched out! Must have felt very comfy with the hot water bottle.

tigger

Curly, envy you!!!! Ginger is soooooooooooo like what fcc said cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Wanna kidnap him from you already! ;PPPPP

lollipop

Sorry guys, "Kawaii" means cute in Japanese.

I wasn't feeling too well last night, and slept early. According to my husband, Nanook was outside our room meowing. When he finished with his surfing, he went to the direction of our room.. as he had alot of things to carry, he left the door opened.. next min he knew, Nanook sauntered his way in.
happy.gif
When he turned around, he saw Nanook on the bed. He left the room to get his laptop, and when he returned, he couldn't find Nanoook... then he flipped the comforter, and found the sweet bozo curling beside me...
happy.gif
he's afraid he would kick him, so he brought a protesting Nanook outside, and sat him on the sofa, patting him..

happy.gif

curly

hahaha..... I think you girls have to challenge with my hubby first....

He's really a cutie! When he's alone, he's always very quite. But when he sees someone, he'll climb out of his basket and runs toward you. Very cartoon to watch him.

Snowy has not been eating since she came home on Friday night. She only nibbles..... I think what she had so far is only 10% of her normal meal. Already made an appointment to see Dr Su this afternoon.

Poor Nanook! Normally, Snowall and Snowy sleep outside. It's only on special ocassions when we allow them to sleep with us....

tigger

Aww Lolli, Butter used to crawl out from her cage to sleep beside me. And sometimes just beside my ear. It feels so comforting especially winter.

Curly, your Ginger really a cutiee. So many pple want him. ;D Update us often hor. Hope Snowy will feel better soon though. It is normal to take this long to recover?

Gilly Bean, the stray I adopted, is getting bigger I think. Cos everyone keep commenting she is fat? How often do you guys feed your cat? I only feed Gilly Bean at night. SOmemore only one handful worth of solid food.

curly

tigger, there were already a few people asking if they could adopt Ginger.... But for such a cutie, I guess I have to keep it for myself..... His poo poo has been runny despite his medication. Will ask the vet for more medication toady.

Snowy was having fever that was the reason of her lost appetite. She's on medication. I think she's feeling much better today as she had finished her breakfast. Her wound is also slight swollen (which is normal according to Dr Su).

Normally we feed them twice a day with biscuits always available.

lollipop

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">Hi Tigger,
I feed Nanook twice a day. In the mornings, we feed him with dry food, at night, we feed him with dry food mixed with canned food. And sometimes when we eat ikan crackers, he would want some too. He'd stand on his hind legs, worshipping you.
lame.gif

Curly,
Glad Snowy's feeling better already. Erm, do you mean to say Ginger's poo poo is watery? Have you been feeding him milk?</FONT>

curly

Yes, it's liquid poo! We have been feeding him soy based milk (alternative to KRM kitty milk powder) recommeded by Dr Su. I tried to get KRM but they don't have stock.... Was told that either the milk doesn't suit him or he has worms...

Last night when I got home, I found out that Snowy had chewed (and probably eaten) my spaghetti string from my night top.... It was one of my favourites!

curly

Last night Snowball was very nosy! She was checking out the bag which we put all the barang barang for Ginger when we drop him at the clinic.... and guess what? She was caught in the handle and she desperately wanted to get out of it, so she ran all over the flat with the bag hanging in the middle of her body. And when we finally got hold of her, the milk powder was spilt all over including on herself..... So I had to clean her and mop the floor.... It was really funny when she ran with that desperate look on her face.... and with Snowy looking at her curiously.

curly

I just went to this recently opened pet shop at Suntec City Mall checking the prices and found that they are very competitive. This guy, Wilson (I think the boss) was very helpful. Told me that Iams is better than Nutro as Nutro tends to be more salty. Another brand he recommended was Science Diet. He gives 5 to 10% discount for people working around this area. Didn't buy anything but he gave me lots of samples. I wanted Iams biscuits sample but he didn't have, so he gave me a trial pack!

M

micz

hieow,

i am thinking of moving my cat to my new house. my fh loves dogs and we are thinking of getting a puppy too. however, my house is going to be mostly parquet flooring and woodly furniture. i am jsut wondering if the dog's pees will destroy the flooring and the cat may have a wild time scratching the furniture? (currently, my cat loves to cling onto the sofa covers as if it is a tree bark, my fh's previous dog also loves to pee all over esp when he is left alone at home--he is toilet trained).

fat_clumsy_cat

Hi hieow,
Maybe you can invest in a good scratching post and cut your cats often enough. I dun know anything on dogs so cannot help you much.

I brought the cat's scratching post at Great World City. I try to find a heavy one but cannot really find a good one.

I brought the scratching post back home and put it in the center where the two sofa is. My cat are curious enough to check the thing out and they figure out how to use it. My sofa suffered lesser ever since then.

I read from somewhere that never never teach your cats how to use the scratching post or they will never touch it. So I just buy it and put it in the house lor.

curly

We have been letting Ginger mingles with Snowball and Snowy, so far they are ok.... it's only when Ginger tries to go near them, they become unsure and will run away from him. Otherwise they are ok.

When I went to pick up Ginger last night, he had a very colourful collar on his neck. It was a gift from Dr Su and her staff. So nice of them! They tried to get a "G" but was not available, so they picked "R" - our family name.

M

mickz

hi curly,

we tried the cat post with my previous cat but he did not take a liking to it. he prefers furniture. and this one that we have now too. what shall i do?

lollipop

Hi Mickz,

Nanook doesne't respond to the scratching post too. He prefered the sofa. I bought a can of cat repellent. Just spray it on the areas e.g. ure furniture, and after smelling it, the stench will deter him frm scratching again. I think there is one brand in the market which is quite good, though expensive. The brand's Feliway. Another alternative is, if ure cat responds to catnip, you can rub some catnip on the post, and encourage him to scratch.

Hope this helps

tigger

hello everyone ;D
Butter didn't use the scratching post until much later. At first I thought shucks I'm gonna waste $30+ on that post. But after a month I think, she started to use it. I think cos that was the time when I used to tie my fabric belt on the post. U know cats love to play with strings? So, after she hang around more often around the post, she started using it. Maybe you can try this method. ;D

curly

We have 2 scratching posts at home. The first one is already very worn out and the second one we bought is with 2 ping pong balls and a fabric rope. Snowball and Snowy both use them but sometimes they still tend to sratch on my new sofa.... When I know that they are about to scratch on the sofa, I will bring them to the scratching post.

FCC, I had taken many pictures of Ginger!! I will upload here once I have the chance....

curly

Hello girls!! Ginger had done his poo in the litter tray! I was quite worried as he had not done it for like more than a day. Then last night when I got home, I tried to help him but no result. After feeding him, I tried again but failed. So I let him run around. Before I knew, he did his poo in the litter tray! I hope he will continue doing it.....

Yesterday I went to the Suntec pet shop and bought some crab stick slice (Snowy's favourite), slivervine powder (which helps with appetite but didn't seem to work....) and some seeds. I planted the seeds last night. Hope the grass will grow up nicely.....

fat_clumsy_cat

Congratulation Curly,
You got less trouble once ginger uses the litter tray.

I am still trying to reduce my trouble by teaching them how to use the wc. A bit of improvement is that they dun shit on the floor anymore. What I think I need to do now is to reduce the litters bit by bit. Hope my cats will get use to it.