Cats Lovers??

tigger

Curly,
No wonder it takes so long. Normally, he is very efficient, wouldn't take this long to upload a picture. ;D

Yar I still harbour dreams of having a cat...one day. My mum won't allow lar. I think I see Bento when I went to their website too. For now, I have adopted a stray at my void deck. Always go down at night to feed and play with her. Now everyday around that time, she will sleep on top of the letterbox to wait for me to come down. hehe

How many cats are we allowed to have in a house?

curly

tigger, let's hope that one day will come soon....
Yah, she probably recognises you by now. It's so kind of you also.

I really like Bento, always go to the website to look at the pic.

Snowy is climbing higher and higher! Last night I couldn't find her and she was hidding in the top kitchen cabinet.

Snowball is really funny! She has different characters - in the morning, she very passionate and attached to me, follwing me everywhere and meowing. Night time, she doesn't like to be bothered.....

Cats are not allow in HDB legally...... But there are lots of people having them.... I really don't understand why they are not allowed!

tigger

Curly,

Yar I know the new rule...cats not allowed. I think mostly cos most people are not educated enuff on cats or pets in general. It is like pets are associated with dirt.
But before the new rule, I think max 3 cats right? Also dunno why only targeted at cats. There are more complaints on cats thans dogs they say. And dogs are alright? No offence cos I love them too. I mean their bark sometimes can wake me up at godly hours.

Bento is really a cutie isn't she! I went to the website again. She looks cutier and cutier every time I go in. So sweet and adorable. SHucks, I really wish I hve the damn house soon. I went to play with my cousin's hamster pet. It is just not the same!

It seems like snowball is the queen of the house. hehe. It is really good that both of them can get along well. Save you alot of headaches.
Hey, they are helping you to clean places you couldn't reach! ;P

grace

Hi!
Am pretty new to this forum, my wedding was in September and I have finally time to contribute to the forum pages. I'm a cat lover too and have 3 cats...Bucky, Pearl and Otterboy.
happy.gif

Do you have pix of your cats to share? Here are some old pix of my cats:
http://community.webshots.com/album/18795216lwlRWOLPwh

I also included my 3 furry ones in my wedding cake topper:
10796.jpg

curly

tigger, I'm not too sure about the rules before..... My neighbour has a dog and every time we walk past, it always barks at us. Sure they make a hell lot of noise than cats. But I also like dogs.

I showed my hubby Bento's pic and he actually allowed me to adopt it but I don't think I can handle another one (in case I'm pregnant!). I'm in charge of changing their trays....

Hahaha.... help me to clean places I can't reach??!! I have to clean them afterwards....

Hello Grace, pls share with us funny stories of your fury friends. So nice of you to include them in your wedding. I adopted Snowball and Snowy after my wedding, so couldn't include them....

You can see some old pics of Snowball and Snowy at http://sg.photos.yahoo.com/bc/davemeow/lst?.dir=/Snowball+%26+Snowy+-+Our+Babies!!!&.view=t

Snowy looked really ugly then.....

curly

Hi Grace, just seen the pics of Bucky, Pearl and Otterboy. They are very beautiful!! Seems like you have other cats too? I will look at all other pics when I have time.... Thanks for sharing.

grace

hi f_c_c,

I made the cake topper myself - the cake shop was going to charge me (i don't know how much) to do the topper out of sugar dough - but I decided to do it myself out of clay because I thot it wouldn't be too hard.

I am hoping to do more of this during my free time - maybe even to sell!
happy.gif

When's your wedding?

Grace

grace

curly & f_c_c,

saw the pix of your kitties - so cute! Cat, i like your website too - very informative. I was at the World Animal Day - brought a stray kitten (which I found outside my door after I came back from my wedding!) to Suntec for the adoptions programme. A family adopted her, and she's doing quite well now.

I started a webpage for my cats also when i first adopted them, then had no time to do any more updates (so some of the info is outdated)! but if you're interested its still at:
http://gracetow.tripod.com/

I have 3 cats now. Started off adopting two from CWS' Liang Tong, but one kitty, Pita, passed away after a month (she was pretty sickly to start with). It was heartbreaking but poor Bucky was very lonely so in the end I adopted another cat (Otterboy) to keep him company. Pearl was a foster but she ended up with PR status... my husband still thinks we shd rehome her but I feel too sorry to do it!

Grace

fat_clumsy_cat

Hi Grace,
did you do the cats only or the couple too? You are really amazing.

Too bad I miss the World Animal Day. I visited your webpage and you really have a lot of cats. I just started doing the webpage so there is not much things inside, but I have put my previous webpage on my previous cats on it too.

grace

Hi Cat,

I really like 'Garfield' in your old webpage - have a fondness for short hair tabbies! Did you use to live in Australia?

Yeah i did the couple too - not very 'pro' yet but i am practicing
happy.gif

Here are a few more pix of my wedding cake:

10906.jpg

10907.jpg

10908.jpg

If you'd like little replicas of your kitties let me know.
happy.gif

curly

Some recent pics of Snowball & Snowy....

image:{Snowball}
image:{Snowball again}
image:{Snowball & Snowy}
image:{Snowy}

lollipop

Hi Ladies,

I just came back frm my honeymoon last Friday. Japan is such a beautiful country, ppl there are so cultured, so polite. We thought of visiting Osaka and Tokyo again, perhaps next year.

Here is the most recent picture of Nanook. It was taken in the bathroom sink.

10929.jpg

Hi Grace,
Really, must hand it to you. So creative of you to put cat replicas on ure wedding cake! I'm sure ure cats are very proud of you
happy.gif

Fat clumsy cat,
Finally have the chance to look at ure precious. Are they both females? Their faces are kinda small and sharp. Real beauties, looks rather majestic, the way they lie down.

fat_clumsy_cat

Hi Curly,
snowy is so much bigger now...

Hi Grace,
Garfield is one of the cat that is the most close to me, She will have to sleep with me every night. During winter, she will share the comforter with me, she will purrr inside my comforter and I will hold her till we both fell asleep. In the morning, she never fail to wake me up because she wants her breakfast. All my friends love her and they will kidnapped her from our house. We bring her to school too and she is not scare at all. But when she is in school and she needs the toilet, we got to quickly back her back. I really miss her.

Yess, I stay in Australia for threee years.

Hi lollipop,
Brownie and Mui Mui are both male cats, they are quite big for a one and half year old cat. Yesterday, They brought them to the vet for a jab and there is someone there with a cat that is of the same age as mine. Her cat is half the size of mine!!!. I think it is time for them to go for a diet.

tigger

Hi all!

Wow so many pictures. Curly,you finally made it! Snowball and Snowy look so cosy and comfortable together. They are grooming each other...;D

Lolli, WELCOME BACK! Nanook really blends in with the bathroom sink huh!;P Butter favourite place in my room is also the sink. hehe.

Grace, welcome to this thread. I saw your figurines. I will never have the patience to do that. They look really good. How long do you take to make one?

FCC, Brownie and Muimui are beauties. I agree with Lolli.I like their strips and colors. Brownie looks like a little cub. ;D Is that Muimui's collar bell on her neck?

grace

Hello tigger,

Re: figurines - thanks! I would guess it took maybe 10 or 15 hours in all not counting time I spent in looking for the materials and base plus all the trial-and-error with diff types of clay. Cats were a lot easier, I can make them pretty fast now (10 mins or so).

I love the pic of Nanook. At least he only sleeps in the sink, my Otterboy pees in the sink and I can't get him to stop - washing the area doesn't seem to help. Any suggestions?
lame.gif

lollipop

Hi Grace,

Erm, the sink is one of the many places Nanook sleeps in. He sleeps in the bath tub, on top of the TV, on the sofa, on the dining table.. he's everywhere!

Perhaps you can get some of those solution which will deter the cat from peeing in the sink. I think it might repel the cat frm visiting that area again. Nanook used to scratch on our sofa set and we used some repellent on him. It warded him off for awhile, but as the solution was rather oily, we stopped using it, and of course Nanook continued to scratch on it. Other alternatives would mean closing ure bathroom door, to discourage him frm peeing there, and to use the litter tray.

fat_clumsy_cat

hi tigger,
yes there is a bell on mui mui collar, but i have remove both their bells, My husband complains that they are very noisy especially when they chase each other in the middle of the night.

Hi Grace,
My Mui Mui used to pee in the basin too. I put all my pails on the basin and hose, and mugs, etc. I pile up the basin with so much things until they are unable to stand on it. After a month, i remove those things, they forgot about peeing on the basin now.

curly

Grace, very now and then Snowy would pee and poo at the shower area. My vet asked me to try vinegar. You might like to try it. Or lemon juice? Read somewhere, said cats dislike citric... I was making lemon juice yesterday and Snowy as usual was very kpo, so I let me smell and she backed off....

lollipop, glad that you had a good time in Japan. Nanook looked cute with his "hand" covering his eyes...

fat clumsy cat, I also like the markings on Brownie and Mui Mui.

oh yes, we had just made a surgery appointment on next Friday for Snowy.... Feel so sorry for her. I wonder if the vet would have any problem as Snowy has so much fats in her tummy....

tigger

FCC, the reason why I asked if those are bells was bcos I thought they look huge! I put a tiny little bell on Butter and she hates it so much already. Imagine a bell as big as yours. ;P

Curly, did I miss out any posting? Why Snowy has to go for surgery?

fat_clumsy_cat

Hi tigger,
yah, their little bells are very big, but I have them on since they are 3 weeks old, so they get used to it. My vet ever say their bells are big too, but she never say anything bad about it so I guess it was all right. But now, I dun think they like the bells too since they have stop wearing.

lollipop

FCC,
Nanook doesn't like the bell frm his collar too. Think it was too big, and it was driving him crazy. He ran around the hse, to and fro. I think cats are generally put off by loud noises, so the ringing must have irritated him loads.

Hi Curly,
I dunno if Nanook did that to shield out the light, even when the light's not switched on, he also covers his eyes with his paws.. sometimes he would tuck his head inside his feet. Silly o'cat

curly

tigger, nothing to worry!! It's the sterilsation surgery. Actually, we are quite reluctant to let her have the surgery but I guess it's best for her......

ai yoh, lolliopo, your Nanook is so cute!! Is he staying with you now?

lollipop

Curly,
Our arrangement is such that we will stay with my parents during the weekdays and on weekends we will stay with my in-laws. My parents' place is more accessible to our work place, and in-laws', nearer to church. I guess this temp arrangement works best. I can still get to see Nanook. My mum told me that when we weren't around, he was standing outside our room and meowing, thinking we were inside.. Poor dear. Now that I am married, I still wanna spend more time with him, with my family. I make it a point to hug him, cuddle him and talk to him every night, before I hit the sack.

happy.gif

Supposed to bring him for his vaccination before my wedding, but didn't have the time to. Perhaps I will do so tomorrow.

grace

Hi gals,
Thanks for the advice on stopping cats peeing in the sink. I put a dipper of water in the basin and it seems to work so far. Otterboy hates getting wet! Of cos I empty out the water everyday - don't want to be breeding mosquitoes!
happy.gif

lollipop

Hi Grace,
Something trivial. Otterboy, his name is derived from otters, and otters love water. Ironic huh?
happy.gif

Have a good day!

ava

Hello!
happy.gif

Grace good to see you here!

Anyone interested in adopting 2 siamese mixed breed cats? They are toilet train in their litter box.

My boss will be returning to the US and is looking for a responsible person to adopt them... I've helped looked after them since they were babies... they are abt 2yrs old now
happy.gif

Both boys
happy.gif
one is all white the other is brown.
both with 'hooked' tailends and they have the loveliest blue eyes
happy.gif

My boss would like to bring them back but it'll be the middle of winter and not sure if the cats can take it...

Would appriciate any advise
happy.gif
THANKS!
happy.gif

curly

I see.... lollipop.

Snowy has become so naughty now! Whenever she hears the keys, she knows we are going out and she will run to the door and wait for us....

Snowball was funny this morning. She was at the sink while I was leaving for work. When she saw me looking at her, she quickly lowered herself into the sink thinking I couldn't see her.....

fat_clumsy_cat

Hi AVa,
Sorri I cannot help you, Got two cats at home, they will be really jeolous if i bring them home.

Hi tigger,
i think i saw these before? but the 1st picture is really cute.

curly

Tigger, seen these pics already. Really cute! Ai yah, me not staying in AMK...... If not, then can send Snowy..... On the other hand, I think I'll feel safer only when I know the vet....

lollipop

Ava,

I dunno if the Siamese cats can adapt to the sudden change in weather. I know sometimes Nanook couldn't stand the cold. He loves to go into my room, but if I had the air-con turned to full blast, he would go to one corner and tucked all his paws inside, as if he is shuddering. How about asking a vet for advise?

Tigger,
The first picture is quite cute. Reminds me of my husband in the mornings.
lame.gif
And no, I dun stay in or near AMK.

Curly,
Cats can be quite silly at times, but in a very cute and endearing way. Nanook used to hide behind shower curtains, but somehow his butt got exposed, and he was thinking the whole time I couldn't see him, so when I poked him, he looked shocked.. and he ran away, hiding. Silly!

happy.gif

tigger

Everyone seen before huh? I got the pictures through the net. Find them soooo cute. ;D

Too bad I'm not staying at AMK too. Though very very close.

grace

hi gals,

If any of you want to consider getting a pet sitter to go to your home when you are on vacation (so you dun have to send poor kitty to a strange place), I have a fren who is full time pet sitter. She has 20+ cats and a dog at home!
Christabel's contact email is [email protected] and phone is 94500248.

She charges roughly $15 per day but I usually give her more becos she stays quite far away from me plus i have 3 cats (lots to clean up after).

Ava,
Unfortunately, i cannot take in any more cats either. Hubby will go nuts! U can post the pics of the kitties at the adoption page at www.catwelfare.org

fat_clumsy_cat

Hi Grace,
Where does your friend stay? If I put my cat in her house, will she mix her cat with mine? My cats are easily jealous, I think they will go crazy in a different environment with 20 cats around them.

fat_clumsy_cat

Today, I bring my Brownie to the vet because he is shedding a lot and he got bare patches now. The doctor said that my Brownie is stress that is why he is shedding. The Vet ask if did we have any changes in the house like a new baby or pet, which my answer is not. Anyway, it cost me $118 for that with pills, and some medicine to apply.

I still cannot find out what is stressing my Brownie, anyone got simliar problem?

lollipop

Hi FCC,
Nanook has been shedding for quite some time. It started with his tail, and subsequently on his body as well. The vet (dunno whether we went to the same vet) said the reason behind his shedding was due to stress or that he had seen something which he didn't like. He was made to wear a collar, and given some hormone pills to stop him from licking the affected areas. Till date, he is still taking the pills. The patch on his body has recovered but his tail is beyond help. It's ok, cos we love him and he seems nonchalent about it.

Sorry, our cats are suffering from the same problem, but I dunno how else to help. Try applying those cream and medicine on Brownie for a couple of days and observe his condition. Meantime, do not give Brownie any food with salt..

fat_clumsy_cat

Hi lollipop,
I bring Brownie to the usual vet and I highlighted the problem. The vet said that it is because of the food we give to him so we change to the one that she recommended.

The next day, bare patches started to appear, we are very worried so we bring Brownie to see another vet which he said it is due to stress.

The vet said because he is stress over something, he will grooming himself a lot which cause the shedding, and ringworm might be infected in the skin.

Yesterday I saw Brownie rubber it eyes with its paw so much that it is red and he cannot open his eyes. We cannot watch him for 24 hours.

We dun really like the medicine the vet give to brownie because it said on the bottle "remedy restless behaviour......nervous system". Brownie is already blur blur one, after he take more medicine he will be more blur than ever.

grace

Hi FCC,

Sorry I didn't reply so long... my internet access at work for some reason very very slow... so i only get on the forum at home.

Anyway, my fren who cat-sits, she stays in Geylang Bahru.

I dunno if your cats will appreciate being fostered in such a crowded place...I know it's expensive to have someone come in every day, but you can compromise by getting a pet feeder (the inverted bottle type which dispenses into a bowl at the bottom) and pet water dispenser... then have the pet sitter come every 2 days instead... or get a friend to come in 2 days a week and the pet sitter another 2 days,.. sth like that.

How is your Brownie? Poor boy! I read somewhere that cat food nowadays contains too many toxins and these make our cats have allergies and skin problems.

Bucky started having a lot of bald patches recently - he overgrooms his belly (always been botak there from day 1) but now even his butt and his back also has bald patches. I don't know what to do with him! I suspect it's the canned food - but I can't be cooking fresh food for him all the time. Maybe have to change brand or stick to dry food.

lollipop

Hi Ladies,

Yes, it could be the food they are eating. Canned food esp. The vet said we shouldn't feed our cats with Aristocats, Whiskas, definitely not Friskies. Said they are commercial brands and are not healthy. Said we should stick to feeding them Iams or Science Diet. Nanook has been so used to eating Aristocats, doubt he would ever get used to eating the above brands. Also, the balding patch on his body is healing.

Another factor which could result in bald patches. Do your cats roam outside ure hse? Funnily, Nanook doesn't. But my husband's cousin, who used to have three cats, one of them suffering from bald patches too. She had them kept in the garden, and sometimes no matter how often you clean the garden, it will still be dirty. So this cat picked up some sorta bacteria, which causes the skin to sensitive and then leads to incessant licking.

FCC, perhaps you should make him wear a collar. You know, those shaped like a funnel, in order for him not to scratch or lick himself, aggravate the affected parts.

Hugs to Brownie and Bucky

curly

I have no idea about cats food causing problems.... I wonder why if so many commercial brands are not healthy and yet are allowed on sale... We have been feeding Snowball and Snowy with Nutro (?) Max Cat/Kitten. It was recommended by the staff...... Hope our kitties here will have their fur back soon.....

fat_clumsy_cat

I dun know that even can food have problem?? Mui Mui and Brownie is begining to like can food which my hubby spolit them. But we mix with the dry food which are left over because it is really a waste to throw away.

At first I thought bare stomach is normal until I bring Brownie to see the vet. But Mui Mui stomach is not bare although they have been eating the same food. Maybe Brownie is more greedy.

My cats dun drink water from bowls which are for them. So I got them a big pail and fill the pail with water and they love drinking water from the pail. They thought it was forbidden water for them.

I think my hubby manage to find out what is stressing Brownie. Now he open all the bedroom door and they are free to roam around the house. My hubby even let them sleep with him and Brownie purr the whole night. I got this will get rid of Brownie stress.

lollipop

Hi FCC,
Nanook likes to drink from pails too! What's worse is that these pails are sometimes filled with soap powder, my dad soaks his clothes and leaves the shower screen door ajar and so Nanook would venture in and stand on his hind legs, and then start licking. I would always have to remind my dad to close the shower screen door and watch over nanook. Not that he doesn't drink from his water dish, but somehow, water from pails attract him more. Weird.

grace

Hi gals,

When I first got Bucky I also didn't know botak stomach was not normal - he was my first cat! Anyway he licks himself when he's bored, which is a lot of the time. I got him two more cats to play with but he is still bored. He's very hyper all the time lah, and the other 2 just wanna sleep.

My hubby doesn't like the cats in our bedroom, so they are not allowed in. When Bucky manages to sneak in he will hide under the bed and it's very difficult to get him out - he's too clever to fall for tricks like toys and stuff we try to lure him out with! I pity the kitties becos they really seem to love human company, when I am home they follow me everywhere. I used to sleep on the sofa so they can be near me at night, but then Bucky will wake me early in the morning to feed him (meow loud loud, bite my hair, my leg etc) so I stopped!

Must try the pail thing, maybe it will encourage my cats to drink more and "detox" themselves. Heh heh.

fat_clumsy_cat

Hi lollipop,
maybe you can get them a new pail in the bathroom, just for them so that they will be kanna "poison".

I am also not very happy that my cats wants to sleep with us, hear that their fur is not good for us. It is more different to wash your bedsheet too (all cover with fur). Any my office chair will get all the fur too.

got one very cute cat picture to share.
11450.jpg

tigger

Lolli I hve been feeding Gilly Bean with Whiskers. Know it's not very advisable too, but, dunno any convinient place where I can get Iams leh. Have to get it from the vet's clinic?

curly

Snowball drinks from everywhere but the water dish. She especially loves to drink from the taps. Normally after her meals, she'll jumped onto the basin and I'll on the tap for her........ Snowy always drinks from the dish. They both love to play with water but not a bath.......

Last night we rescued a kitten. It was at the upgrading construction area and it was all fenced up. My brother managed to squeeze in and got it out. So now it's staying with us. It's was very dirty and covered by dry mud but looks healthy. Not too sure how old it is as I had never seen such a small kitten. I guess must be below 4 weeks. It's ginger brown and has blue eyes. Not too sure what breed it is also - it has a round face and ears. Very cute! We tried feeding it last night and this morning but it hardly ate anything. I hope it'll be alright when I get home tonight. I'll be sending it to the vet tonight.

Snowball and Snowy are aware of it's presence. Snowy dashed into the study as soon as we opened the door. Snowball sniffed it for about 15/20 seconds and ran out....... So funny.