Catholic Brides

theyangones

Hi Leah, after posting my post then I looked thru the posts and saw u are holding ur wedding at CDM next month! Nice! Have u gotten ur choir for your wedding already?

ngmelissa

Hi ladies!

I know it's been asked a couple of times but I hope you would bear with me... Does anyone have any contacts for mass booklet printing?

I have almost 40 pages (A5 size) for my booklet and all the quotes received so far from printers are upwards of $1000++.
sad.gif

Thanks in advance!

theyangones

Hi mellie, why not print it and bind it yourself? U will just have to spend on paper, ink and whatever u use to bind the booklet, and it prob will be a fraction of professional printing...

ngmelissa

I suspect we'll have a lot of attrition but that's the number we're working with for now.
happy.gif

So that's the expected price - approx $2 per booklet?

theyangones

Actually, i'm not too sure how much is a booklet, but if u break it down to the number of booklets that you are printing and the number of pages (and if it's colored), then i think $2 per booklet seems pretty reasonable (since it means about 0.05 cents per page for a 40-pager booklet)

chinzilla

hrm how about getting guests to share the booklets?

or bargain for 4 cts there abts? did u try top advertising? Gen they are amendable to bargaining.. or the shops in bras basah

if its 0.05 a page its pretty reasonable coz b/w usu is already 0.035 a page ? Plus i assume urs is cover coloured and staple bind..

theyangones

Isn't there the projector which you can use for the service? Perhaps you can print out for selected people, and the rest to see the powerpoint? That way, you save cost on printing, and save the earth too! :)

shanawawa

Yup. If church has projector, don't even need to print booklet
happy.gif
For me, I used white and black theme.. and printed booklets at ZAP photocopying shop. Frankly, the booklets will end up in the bin after ;p

ngmelissa

Hi ladies! Thanks for your comments and advice!

Chinzilla- thanks for the referral! Will check out top advertising.

Theyangs- church does have a projector but because we have many non-catholic friend's attending the mass we wanted to include explanations on the various parts of the mass for them. Can't do that on projector.

Shanawawa- I plan to do black and white printing too actually. But heard photocopying quality is not v good; looks fuzzy? What was your experience may I pls ask?

theyangones

mellie: perhaps then u could print less copies (for the non-catholics) and then flash the rest onto the projector? BnW photocopying can be good if your original copy is clean and clear, and you choose a goot photocopying shop...

mishelle

hello! any has heard of friends/attended church wedding at church of the holy cross? want to know how the flower arrangement was like..

also, does the bridesmaid/flower girls need to be catholic?

TIA!

karon

hi ladies, anyone know of a traditional matchmaker (mei ren, mei puo, hong niang) who is very experienced. Could you please share the contacts?

fishingkaki

Ladies, I'm new here. Please help!

I need some recommendation of the following. Please share with me.

1) Sample of mass booklet
2) Contact for Choir
3) Contact for florist
4) Good caterer

Hi all.. Was wondering if anyone is gonna have their gate crashing, church service, tea ceremony and banquet dinner all on the same day? Would appreciate if you all can update me how's the itinerary for the day gonna be like.. Am trying to plan and let the church know what time my booking is. Tentatively, st Francis Xavier. Thanks..pls email me at [email protected]

Oh and do we have to pay any deposits for the booking of the church first? Sigh.. i'm still trying to schedule my actual day and see how i can try to fit in the wedding service preferably before 1pm

mymelody79

Hi kaki,

For the wedding mas booklet, you can ask the church to give you the sample. For my wedding recently, i got the sample from the church (St. Teresa), whereby you can choose from the option listed in the booklet.

For florist, i'm using yong florist. (http://www.yongsflorist.com). You can pm me for the picture on the church decoration done by them during my church wedding. Love it so much ^.^

fishingkaki

Sheila,

I'm holding my wedding at SFX too.. I've book my date already. Oh yes, upon booking, we need to pay a deposit. Not sure about the charges, hubby is the one paying.

fishingkaki

Hi Sheila, I got this template online. I have not really amend the details inside. I hope this helps. We book for 5th Jan 2013 but date might be change. We have not got the fengshui master to calcalate the date for us.

Eunicetang, Ya, Actually I have book Rasel for my wedding already. Was told that they take wedding each day. Abit kiasu! They are higher recommend by the caretaker in the church. In fact a few of my friends use them for their church wedding too. I tried their food few times and the taste are quite consistent.<center><table border=1><tr><td>
mime_pdf.gif

Wedding-Tweets-Wedding-Programme-Lunch1.pdf (94.2 k)</td></tr></table></center>

okm1951

Kaki,

Rasel are quite popular for church wedding. Last round I call them to cater for a my church event and they are fully booked. End up I cater from 4 season and they are very very late for delivery 'haiz'. It will be good to book Rasel in advance.

fishingkaki

Hi Eunice,

Rasel mention that they already have wedding booking up to July 2013. I also scare that they may be book for my wedding day, that's why I booked them in advance.

fishingkaki

Hi mishelle, I tried them a few times. I think so long as they're reliable, I'm okay. All caterer charge about the same price. I book for the lowest menu first to secure the date first. We're thinking of the $18 menu.
At first, we book kr*ston but saw from news that this company might be wind up by taxman so we cancel the order and take back our deposit.

yeo_melissa

mishelle, it really depends on what you're looking for. Reliability, price or other factors. I felt reliability is my top concern because I don't want my wedding to screw up and give myself unecessary stress. There's a few workshops coming up, there's Rasel, One paradise.. Good luck!

fishingkaki

Yeah, I going for Rasel wedding workshop. Skip one paradise. Feel that they are experiene for banquet outdoor catering. Anyone else joining?

naid

hi ladies, please help. does anyone have the "new" catholic church mass booklet format? the lady in the church office at SVDP insists that I have to change the format to the new one

fishingkaki

Hi Shelia, Not me, it's my htb.

Hi Kristine, I have the sample of mass booklet but not sure if it's the new one. You want? Maybe you can leave me your email address.

lovemiya

Hi all, may i ask if anyone has held their wedding or going to hold wedding service at st teresa's church?

i'm catholic but HTB isn't. I'm looking for sample of mass service booklet. Do we need to hire a choir? and if there's a projector at st teresa?

please share with me on any details or info you have, my email: [email protected]

Thank you ladies!
happy.gif

mishelle

hi miyabi,

you will need to hire a choir, i believe you can contact the choir from st teresa. they have tv screens but you will need to book this from the church/secretariat - i think there is additional cost.

babysage

Ladies, I need some recommendation of the following. Please share with me.

1) Sample of mass booklet (new)
2) Contact for Choir
3) Contact for florist to do the deco of the church
4) Good caterer

I'm having my wedding at st teresa.
any pics of the deco of the church and the rest would be greatly appreciated..

my email : [email protected]

okm1951

Hi Janice,

St Teresa is beautiful... I been there once and fall in love. I can't hold my wedding there as they are book for my wedding day. I think they have some freelance florist and choir from the church which you can contact. You can try calling admin to ask her.

lovemiya

thank you ladies for the info!

anyone holding their wedding at St Teresa's on 22 Dec? or had their wedding there tat coincides with pre-xmas week? I was told that xmas decor will be up by then, and advised to hv my floral color theme to match the church's xmas decor colors: Red &amp; Green. My color theme was blue &amp; white, my bridesmaids has gotten their blue dresses too. :\ *panic*

The designated church florist will be away during dec &amp; the church hasnt appoint a new florist yet.