Carlton Hotel

sereneli

Hi Faintz,
Actually can reserve 1 table only, cos actually my reserve was 1 table, but at the last minute, I can squeeze my guests into those empty seats. So to play save, you tell them 2 reserve, at least when you utilise, you just pay, but when you don't, it's under reserve tables.
happy.gif

Hi Assirac,
No prob. Take your time......yeah, definitely more convenient. When's your big day?

tulipz

thanks a lot.. cos i scared wait my frens kena block quite poor thing...

btw any of u have photos of the place and suite to share? i feel more n more gian to take it =)

assirac

Hi Serene,

Actually, i tot I was a bit on the kiasu side, big day is tentatively in dec'06. But I'm sourcing for my venue now .... kekekekekek ... glad i'm doing so, cos gather from a few other threads that the "HOT" dates tend to get booked really quickly.

I just saw the pictures,I liked the big big chandeliers. But the ceiling seems a bit low. :p guess i'll pop by the hotel one of these days to have a look at the "real" place.
happy.gif

chipdale1910

HI Faintz,

Oh, u need to take med for ur pimples. Taking med will have any side effects?

U better have a good complexion b4 ur PS hor, kekeke.

sereneli

Hi Assirac,

You are not kiasu but it's better to plan early to avoid disappointment, especially if your AD is a hot date. It's always good to go down personally to the hotel to have a look. In addition, can also get them to bring you to the bridal suite to view.
happy.gif

tulipz

assirac, have big big chandeliers meh? how come i nv see...

heh.. anyway just heard that day that the weekends in the end of yr of 06 all book liao!
so definitely not too early..

in fact my date already book and the wkend before and aft that also.. so think i will take monday if i take carlton..

going down today! hope it looks nice nice =p keeps my fingers crossed

suetan

Hi gals,

Anyone actually book their banquet on occasions nt during wedding show? Wonder if the perks they offer after wedding show will be gd cos I really damn sway to miss it......

What are the other things that we can neogitate for? Will be arranging to meet up with Jason soon. Thanks all Carlton bride to be n ex-brides for any help available.

Heard the perks for wedding show is foc 1 table for every 28 tables or something. Normally when do they have their rates revised?

miaka05

hi gals,
i saw from the bandquet links tat carlton only has ballroom for 13 - 16 tables and 28 to 38 tables, if i wanna book a ballroom for 20 tables how huh??

tulipz

eh i dun think there's any wedding show coming soon and the price for wkday should be abt mon-thurs $598nett and wkend i think $648.. can't really remember but definitely less than $700..

hi miaka05, think u got to check with carlton..not too sure about that..

btw... i think i wont be taking carlton cos my FH finds the blockage quite a lot..nice chatting with u girls! to serene, really thanks alot.. u've been a great help =)

sereneli

Hi Apuppy,
think you just missed the show as theirs is usually held in October.

Hi miaka05,
I think you can call them up and see what they can offer.

Hi Tulipz,
Wow, you mean the price for mon-thurs drop that much? I am suprised! kekeke.
No problem....so which hotel will you be choosing?

jam75

tulipz,
tink yr info abit wrong leh...if i remember correctly should be $598 for mon-thur, $698 for sun & $798 for fri-sat..

jmie

Hi Miaka05,

You can use the Wah lok restaurant if it's only 20 tables. I was there last nite having dinner with some china colleagues and i really think it's very nice. Up to standard - for a s'porean. food was good too. you may wan to consider..

sereneli

Hi Jamie,

Didn't know that you can use Wah Lok for the wedding banquet....hehe but it would be a nice place....anyway, the banquet food if you hold in the ballrooms are also from Wah Lok restaurant
happy.gif

jmie

Hi Serene,

OOps, ya i think can, unless i mis-heard..haha..

btw, can i check, if the reserve tables are not used, does it mean that the tables will be left empty in the ballroom? will tat look unpleasant? or will they remove once they confirm it's not gg to be used?

sereneli

Hi Jamie,

ic ic....

Reserve tables will not be removed even if they are not used. Will be left there. It's ok, when you do your planning of the tables just make sure your reserves are at those not so prominent places
happy.gif

excalibur

Hi,

I have placed a deposit but does that mean it's not really confirmed till I sign the contract / agreement letter? Carlton has sent the letter (2 copies) but did not state whether to sign and return by any date.

hamster_gal

hi,
did anyone choose rose petals as the march-in effect? what other effects are there? will the petals look messy on the carpet after people step on them?

sereneli

Hi Hamster_gal,

You mean carlton now provide rose petals huh...kekeke

ok anyway, rose petals looks nice....the effect is quite ok but be prepared that some guests will aim at you instead...hehe

assirac

Tulipz > I'm quite sure I saw chandeliers leh ... no meh ??? :p

I'll be postponing my AD to Mar or Apr 07 instead. so still have plenty of time to source for a venue. Haven't had the time to go down to carlton yet. Anyone knows if carlton will be having a wedding show early next year?

faintz

Hi, Ladies

Carlton offers two theme for year 2006 - Classic and Oriental..Oriental looks quite nice to me.. just to share with you.. scully you all already know..ha ha ha..

Who actually view the actual layout of classic and oriental? Can share share views?

dv1adm2

hi faintz,

i actually got 2 sample pics from eunice of carlton. sent in an email..
maybe i can send them to u?

anyhow..anyone has pics of the ballroom or comments of it? im still shopping for AD place too..

dv1adm2

hihi..
dunno also which theme..
cos not sure which hotel to choose now..sigh
prob now down to carlton, grand plaza park royal
or hipv.
its like price vs niceness of the place vs visibility aiyo..headache...
but still 598 v tempting keke

dv1adm2

$598 no free flow lei..
but i think >30tables u get x2 30l
shld be as good as free flow..
anyway dun intend to have beer at the AD =P

wat i like ah...sigh just worry the angpow dun cover then well dun wanna be in debt la..
did u guys save enough to cover the entire wedding?

ooh cherbie..will email to u in a while =)

dv1adm2

hi chipdale,

yea of cos worry one hor..but i think shld be alright la...once in a lifetime keke..
when's yr AD ah...is it soon..maybe get more opinions from u heee..

tge25

Hi! I also intending to sign up for the Carlton.. But abit hesitant due to the pillars... really block the visions ah...

Can i have the pictures of the next year theme froggie? my email add is [email protected]

faintz

Hi, Gek Eng

blockage can not be avoided but can minimise.. best if you can go down and take a look at the actual layout, especially on weekend. will be a better guage.

tge25

Thanks faintz,

I know that it can be minimise, but i am looking at ard 38 tables on a weekday...

Hmmm....wonder anyone of you have advices on how to mimimise the blockage..

shervkev

hi froggie,
thanks!
i like the oriental theme! do u gals tink a gold/champagne evening gown looks nice with the red oriental backdrop? tink must take into consideration the colour combi hor?

cas88per

Hi,

Came across this article when surfing the net. Seems like it's a horrific nightmare for a wedding couple that happened end '03 and seem apparently reported in the Straits times. Sounds terrible...

FYI only... Me no idea if this incident really happened or not... anyone care to share or have heard anything about it?

Worst day in their Life

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/si...148752,00.html?

Couple see red over nightmare hotel wedding

They withheld payment from the hotel, which stopped nine guests, who paid for rooms, from leaving

By Chong Chee Kin

IT TURNED out to be the wedding from hell.

When engineer Chim Voon Wai and his wife Susan Irawan tied the knot on Oct 4 at the Carlton Hotel, the dinner was more than an hour late.

Advertisement

Nobody opened the ballroom doors for the couple, the music died even before they made their entrance, the food was bad, and no one filled the guests' glasses during the toast.

The couple refused to pay for the 16 tables, and the hotel stopped nine of their guests, who had already paid for their rooms, from leaving.

Madam Irawan, 27, a bank officer, said: 'It was supposed to be the happiest day of my life, but it was ruined by the hotel.'

Mr Chim, 29, ended up having to apologise to the guests for putting up with the bad service.

As if that was not enough, their guests from London, Australia and China, who had stayed in the hotel for the banquet, were stopped from leaving the next day.

They were not allowed to go until the police were called in to mediate between the couple and the hotel.

'I withheld payment for the banquet because I wanted the management to meet me and explain why the service was so bad,' Mr Chim said.

Lawyers say the hotel had no right to stop the guests from leaving, especially when they had already paid up.

One of them, Mr David Ng, 35, said: 'If the hosts had not paid the bill for the banquet, it was an issue between the hotel and them. The management should not have dragged the guests into it.'

The Singapore Hotel Association declined to comment on the incident. But the Consumers Association of Singapore said it smacked of bad management.

Its executive director, Mr Seah Seng Choon, said: 'The hotel could go through legal channels to get the money. But they have no right to confine the guests.'

A spokesman for the Singapore Tourism Board (STB) said it had not received any formal complaint from the guests or the hotel.

'Generally, any form of bad service to guests... will tarnish the reputation of the country and will not be condoned by the STB,' she said.

In response to queries from The Sunday Times, a Carlton Hotel spokesman said there had been no delay to the start of the wedding banquet.

Explaining the silence during the wedding march, he said: 'The sound system was in perfect working order at 6.30 pm... A lady, believed to be a relative of the couple, took control of the remote control and the mute button was accidentally switched on.'

However, it did not respond to the couple's complaint that the glasses were not refilled for the toast.

Still, the hotel management admitted that 'better coordination between its operations staff and the wedding couple's coordinator could have avoided the incident'. It has apologised to the couple in a letter for the embarrassment caused.

As for preventing the guests from leaving, the spokesman acknowledged that 'the situation could have been handled with more tact'.

'To settle the issue amicably, the hotel management has met the wedding couple to reach an appropriate settlement,' he said.

The hotel has offered to write off the costs of three tables.

Mr Chim and his wife are not making any decision on the settlement until they return from their honeymoon.

tge25

Wah! Is this true story?? If the hotel refused to let the guest leave, its too much.. What rights do they have...

So anyone of you having bad encounters with Carlton?? I am starting to worry

sereneli

Gals,

Don't worry about it too much as it happened in 2003. I had my fears when I held my wedding there after I read the reports during my preps time but then I had great fun at my wedding and all staff were there to help you nicely, so don't worry!
happy.gif

hamster_gal

hi all,

i just had my wedding at Carlton Hotel in Dec 05. Everything went smoothly, my Ops Manager is Augustine who worked well with me & my helpers. He's very accomodating and able to meet many of my needs and I had nothing to worry about at all. I also got many good reviews about the food from Wah Lok. The oriental decor is also very beautiful and matches nicely with the pink and gold cheongsam I wore as my EG.
One advice is to try to have PS at Wah Lok restaurant before the banquet cos it was closed at 11pm when my banquet was over
happy.gif

hamster_gal

hi serene,
ya i chose red rose petals for my 1st march in. Cos i know that the dry ice is done manually, not by machine.... the rose petals turned out very nice as i put all my close frens at the tables along the aisle so they actually enjoyed scattering the petals in my path
happy.gif
i got petals on my head and gown but they fall off very quickly... unlike those small confetti that can be very difficult to remove without messing up the hairdo
happy.gif

sereneli

Hi Hamster_gal,

Glad that you had an enjoyable dinner at Carlton. Yeah, my ops mgr was also Augustine, a very nice and accommodating guy!
happy.gif

faintz

hi, serene

am thinkin of putting the projector outside just like you but dun know what can entertain the guests during dinner? wat did you do ?