Carlton Hotel

sereneli

Hi Annabelle,

Sent!
happy.gif

chipdale1910

Hi Fathiz,

My AD is 09-July. Wat abt u?

Yeah, we can meet up one day together with Serene (If she's free)

Maybe meet at JP? How u all think?

esterlla

Hi Serene,

How are you? Oh, i mean the contact for the kua? You have it MTM if my memory didn't fail me...old liao these day, so pardon me if I am forgetful!

sereneli

Hi Faintz, chipdale,
As much as I would like to meet up with you gals, I have been and will be busy at least till year end cos of 4 major projects going on in my office
sad.gif
Haven't had a good rest since we got the jobs.

Hi Joyce,
Ehhh my kua is from House of Etiquette. I did not MTM mine, but I think a gal from my BS, the Jawn Happy.Ever.After thread has a contact for MTM kua @ Chinatown. Let me go search for you.

Hi Snow,
Have sent you the link to my banquet pics.
happy.gif

annabelle

serene, thanks ur pics very nice... thinking of getting carlton for my AD in april 07 leh isit too early to book??? wat are e perks u've bargained for can share???

sereneli

Hi Annabelle,

Thanks for your compliment.

Well, its never too early to start planning for your wedding. As long as you have confirmed that you will take Carlton and your date is fixed, why not just book with them. Maybe you can go to their wedding show, where more perks can be obtained.

I didn't attend any wedding shows for Carlton. But the usual package that they offered is quite comprehensive. I only asked for extra night stay and more car park coupons + invitation cards only.

annabelle

another question... how's e food at carlton nice or jus ok??? cause they said in the style weddings tat wah lok is an award winning restaurant leh but i haven tried their food before so can someone advise me on their banquet food??? thanks

faintz

hi, Chipdale

Mine is 25 June 2006. still got time so quite relaxed.. especially my FH.. still can enjoy his soccer and super after super. he got no intention to slim down when he is a century kg lor. my goodness!

Hi,Serene

u must be really busy..have to take care of yourself too. we can always meet up.

sereneli

Hi Faintz,
Yeah! been too busy and always OT till 8 daily
sad.gif

Hi Annabelle,
No prob! Remember to bargain for perks that you want kekeke

Hi Audrey,
Will send you the link later. I paid for the dinner quite late in the night. The banquet manager came up to our room and hand us the bill (after I bathe and remove makeup) and then I just hand him the credit cards, where he will bring down and process and up again to let you sign....
happy.gif
Remember to use credit cards if you can so that can clock points kekeke

audreytey

hi Serene, thanx for the link! u got beautiful pics and your gowns also. yup! also think of using credit card to pay, cos can chalk up the points. kekeke!!! how many tables u got in total, izzit very cramp? the suite u stay izzit from 21st - 26th floor? tot we are not suppose to use flower petals to throw coz the manager told me that it might stain their carpet. who is your co-ordinator?

thanx & regards!!!

sereneli

Hi Audrey,

Thanks for your compliment. Yeah, can chalk up points. kekeke.

I got 34 + 2 tables. Comfortable enough for us to move around when taking pics. I stayed on 22nd floor and their bridal suite is from 21st to 26th floor (top floor).

I asked my co-ordinator, Kelvin and he said it was alright to throw.
happy.gif

hamster_gal

Hi all,

just to share my food-tasting experience here
happy.gif

it was really good.... no complaints about the food at all from my parents and in-laws.... the mango duck is really special and my parents loved it.... portions are big and i actually brought 7 persons instead of 6 and we all ate till very full....
happy.gif

hi serene and audrey,
i also asked about throwing flower petals, kevin told me during bridal show last year that the carpet is new so it may stain the new carpet.... maybe by now, the carpet is no longer 'new'?
happy.gif

sereneli

Hi Hamster_gal,

Yeah, agree that the mango duck is nice. kekeke missed that dish *slurp*

As for throwing petals, I don't know leh. Kelvin told me ok when my wedding was in June 2005
happy.gif

Hi Faintz (faintz),Long time never chat here busy with my works n at last on the 8th sept i rom liao loh nw become mrs ling.keke Btw i change my Ad on 26june2006 tat means after u ley...keke becos my mother in law sae quite long ley must wait till dec2006.I still thinking whether to take rest or carlton hotel but 15oct05 the carlton wedding shows i will be going with my 3pairs of couples frens as their AD oso next yr....u going?want to join us?

faintz

hi, jess

ya lor, i tot u MIA already mann.. ha ha..your actual day xhange to 26 june? its a monday..i suppose that is a good day for you two lar.

3 pairs? wa.. Year 2006 so many people married.. ha.. I am not joinin in the fair cos need to go training for the tri-marathon on 22 Oct. need to go sea to practice. unless you all going in the afternoon. wat time? i did not book to go fair. how to book?

Hi Faintz,my gf bought the her world brides magazine n then we fax over our particulars to carlton.my gf have uob credit card so admisssion fee is $15 per couple..
happy.gif
ya lor next yr beri good yr to get marry..my 1st gf will be marry on march,follow by june 18,n then mi on 26/06/2006.

faintz

hi , jess

I wun be going for the fair le..you let me know how is it..have you decided whether to sign up? got more than 50% heart to settle with them?

kenbel

Hi Serene,

What's the price per table for Carlton? Weekends?Weekdays? Could u email me your banquet package details at Carlton? Who can I contact in Carlton (email)? Thks a million!!!

audreytey

Hi Kenbel, have email u the package + the floorplan liao. happy planning!!!

Hi Hamster_gal, my co-ordinator Jason also advice me on the petals that will stain their carpets. haiz... are we still doing it?

oscarsem

Hi brides/groom who had banq at Carlton,
can I take a peek at yr wedding banquet?
I am helping my sister to seek up nice
wedding banq.
Would greatly appreciate if u could email me the photos and experience at [email protected]
thanks

excalibur

Hi,

I have met up with Eunice who is the Banquet sales person. She said that like for different aspect of the wedding details like floral arrangement, cards printing, actual day banquet, there will be different people I have to corrdinate/talk with. Is that true? Can someone advise?

freakyfreaky

hi im new here... im hunting for hotels now. bit hestitate to take carlton due to bad experience when i had my ROM there in july. bad coordinator called April Teoh. so im getting all feedbacks again to convince myself to consider them again...

can someone email me ur package or floor plan... thanks alot
happy.gif

sereneli

Hi Alan,

I don't know for the rest but I liase with my co-ordinator till my AD itself, where I am introduced to the Banquet Supervisor for the day, who will do the rehearsal with the groom, ensure that the dinner moves on smoothly and to settle billing with.
happy.gif

Hi Pingypooky,
I dunno if my package is still valid as I signed last year august for my wedding in Jun this year. As for pics, I will send you a link later!
happy.gif

ahmei

Hi Alan,
Yup for the cards printing, u hv to liaise with the printer. She ll be giving u 2 recommended printers, but up 2 u if u wanna use them..
as for floral arrangement, the last i asked, is that it's pretty standard, unless u want something special, need 2 talk to the florist.

as for actual day banquet, it will be the banquet manager who will assist with the running of the ops..like what Serene mentioned...think it's the same with other hotels too..Hope that helps!

joy_june

Hi Serene,

I am so keen to see your pictures especially your comments of Calton is so good.. Can you send your link to me too? .. please..

My email address is: [email protected]

Actually I just come to this thread today as I found out that my 2 choices are taken - Hyatt & Oriental.. so sad
sad.gif

I hope Calton is good..

teehouse

hi pingypooky..
is it ok to share your experience with April? cos i am also considering carlton and want to learn from your experience..thanks

faintz

Hi,Joy joy

Carlton has quite comprehensive package but it comes with a trade-off as there are 4 pillars in the bigger ballroom so you need to take this into consideration.

My initial "No-no" for selecting hotel is that there must not be pillars but then after seeing carlton package and the coordinator, Eunice, i settled with them. the comments on the chinese food is good and i think the best thing i can give my guests who come to witness my big day is to let them have good tasty food.

it will be best if you can drop by during weekend to see the ballroom and the layout (hopefully there is someone getting married on that day).

sereneli

Hi Alan,
Geberra is correct. For the flowers, you can let your co-ordinator knows what you want, if it's within their means, they will allow it. As for the co-ordination at the dinner, my sales co-ordinator Kelvin was also there most of the time to ensure that the function went smoothly. So basically that day we had 3 main staff who worked with us
happy.gif

Hi Joy,
I will send you the link later
happy.gif
If you want to view solely the banquet pics (500+ pics), let me know :p

Faintz,
Yeap yeap! keke agree with what you said about the food as most foodies know about Wah Lok Restaurant. As for the viewing of ballroom, can actually ask the co-ordinators which day will there be an event, they will usually accommodate to show you the place
happy.gif

chipdale1910

Hi Faintz,

How is ur preps nw? My wedding planner is also Eunice... same same...

Hi Serene,

Long time have not chatted with u le. U're very helpful cos although ur AD is over, but u still get in here to help out those couples may wan to take up Carlton & seeking for ur advise.

Hi Alan & Joy,

Bascially, i really like the layout for Carlton Hotel. So what Serene & Faintz said, u can go down to take a look at the layout.

Ok,have a nice day!

sereneli

Hi Chipdale,

hehe cos me been through the stage of wedding preps and know that without info, a lot of doubts will be cast mah.....last time when I prepared, I also got help from past Carlton's bride, so I just help whatever i can lor
happy.gif

How's your preps so far?

ahmei

hi serene, did u do ur solemnisation at Carlton also?
im thinking what time it usually shd be? i was given a time slot like 5pm..is it veri rushed?

faintz

hi, chipdale

preparation? still relax relax.. my actual day is in june 06 mah.. so after i booked my hotel and BS, i like bo chap liao.. now basically is to wait for the appt to go try gown and PS lor..but as for hotel side, still like a bit early to arrange for food tasting and invitation cards.how you find Eunice? she is still there? I long time no sms her liao, scully she left :p ha ha.. how is your preparation? pardon me ya.. my memory is failing me..when is your AD? is it july 06?

hi hi, Serene

usually how many mth before AD is the food tasting, collection of invitation cards, and meet up with the coordinators to discuss the deco and arrangement? any thing i missed out? basically, only these three aspect for hotel right?

ahmei

hi serene, do u know w/c florist they used?

faintz, i rem my co-ordinator give a timeline or schedule thingy..usually 1 month before then is food tasting...invitation cards shd be much earlier..

sereneli

Hi Geberra,
Nope, I did not have my solemnisation at Carlton. Had mine 2 years ago
happy.gif

I am also not sure of the florist that they used. But the standard flowers given to me to choose are roses and geberras kekeke

Hi Faintz,
You can get a checklist from your co-ordinator. Usually invitation cards can be picked up anytime as long as they don't have new designs coming up. I collected mine about 2 1/2 months before AD so that I can print, tie the gold string etc and take my time to write. As for food tasting, it can be anytime from 2 weeks to 1 month before AD.

Flowers arrangement, testing of CDs etc can be done about 2 to 4 weeks before AD. Meetup with your co-ordinator for the last round of finalisation on the color theme, flowers, decor on stage etc.

Happy planning