Carlton Hotel

sereneli

Hi Faintz,

The march in is about 1.5 mins to 1.75 mins. What do you mean by first dish march in?

Yeah, really happy and sad now that AD is over keke

sereneli

gals :

for the wedding show, you may want to call carlton and ask. Believe you have to pay for it, so when u call, just make your reservations :D

chipdale1910

Hi Jam,

Thanks for ur info.

DO u noe whether do we need to pay for the wedding show?

Hey gals, anyone interested to go for d wedding show?

happy.gif

faintz

Thanks serene!

I mean how long is the first dish presentation?
so, i suppose you let the music run when you were on the stage after your first march in?
any idea what songs cartlon have for first dish?

Hi, chipdale

i think need to pay for the oct wedding fair.. most hotel charge 10bucks to 15bucks with meal provided.

ahmei

hi details are out in the latest Style Weddings... 15Oct, 2-5pm
$15 per couple (UOB Card holders)
$22 per couple
The BS is Sophia

for those who have already booked the banquet, any idea if we will get free tics for the show?

ja_ja

Hi gals, enjoy planning... I decided on other venues for my AD.

Get a copy of lastest style wedding... got good deals... I am using one for videography, prompted by the videographer I was speaking to...
Jam

sereneli

Hi Faintz,

You are most welcome.
The first dish presentation, you can choose your own song, and during the rehearsal, they will liase among themselves when to serve etc.

You can let Carlton know beforehand which song you want to use cos during my time, the Banquet Manager, Augustine, actually went to look for the original copy of the songs in their own collection to use. So even if you do not have the song you want, just ask them if they have, I am sure they can help :D

hamster_gal

hi all,
any idea the food during the bridal show is served by Wah Lok or from the Cafe Vic at level 1?
cos last year the food is from cafe vic, not very nice leh... will go only if can taste wah lok food this time
happy.gif

esterlla

Hi Serene,

Could you let me know how many tables were blocked by the pillar? I have about 35 tables. Is the reception area very narrow? How did they remove the projector?

Your kua is very nice. Do you have more banquet pic to share?

sereneli

Hi Joy,

I had about 34 + 2 tables. Basically only 2 tables were blocked but then guests actually walked to the centre to see during march in so I guess it's not much of a problem. The reception area is narrow but then long so guests can mingle around using the space outside the 3 ballrooms.

I used my projector outside the ballroom, so that it could run throughout the dinner.

Thanks for your compliments. Got my kua from House of Etiquette.
I will send you the link for the 500+ dinner pics.

ahmei

hi serene, can u also share with me the banquet pics? i'll be having about 32 tables (at least up till now) and would like to minimise the "blockage"...thanks v much

hamster_gal

hey,
did anyone here try to mix and match dishes from the 2 menus provided in the same package? is there a need to top-up money? does food tasting have to be on a weekday or can it be weekend, lunch?

sereneli

Hi Hamster_gal,

I did mixed 2 dishes from menu 2 to menu 1 which I have chosen for food tasting. Depending on the items changed, some may incur additional top up.

Food tasting can be on weekends if your co-ordinator allows.

esterlla

Hi Serene,

Tks for sharing the pictures! Wow,500++, I have not finished them yet.

Are you from NYP or SP? I saw 2 primary friends in your picture! : ) I can't remember which poly they were in liao!

Did you MTM your grown? I like the kua and the 1st gown!

The deco was a bit plain on the stage, was there a choice given ?

I am still in half minds whether to take carlton as my FIL has given me some alternative dates again. They are more worried that guests might think it's ritz carlton and go to the wrong hotel. Sigh! Hopefully, with the alternative dates, I can find manage their expectations better.

sereneli

Hi Geberra,
Sent! I changed the rice to noodles and the fish from deepfried to steam.

Hi Joy,
You are most welcome. I am from SP. Which 2 are your friends??? Cos some of them are my primary school friends kekeke.

Yeap, my gowns are all MTM except the kua which I got it from House of Etiquette. Yeah, the stage was a bit plain and in fact it's even more plain if we did not request for our names to be put up. No choice was given for that.

When we first sign up with Carlton, we did worry about people mistaking it for Ritz Carlton so when we sent our invitations, we enclosed a map in it which you can request from Carlton and also we told them verbally that it's Carlton and not Ritz Carlton, so my attendance that day was great!
happy.gif

esterlla

Hi Serene,

It's jianda and robin. Haha, wat a small world! My eyes nearly popped out when I saw them! : ) My colleagues was asking me where my venue will be, when I said carlton, they were like :" ritz carlton har?" I said no lar, it's carlton! All of them gave me the blur blur look! Sigh!!!

sereneli

Hi Joy,

Heehee you were from Radin Mas?

I am also from there mah......In fact, classmates with Jianda leh.....got pic to show me who you r?? kekeke

Don't worry too much about the venue cos when I actually mentioned Carlton, everybody was raving about Wah Lok's food, which is actually quite famous!
happy.gif

esterlla

Hi Serene,

Serious???? You were from Radin Mas? I was in the same class as robin's younger bro. I don't have my pic in the comp..but hey, your name does ring a bell. I can't remember which class Jianda was in though.Just saw robin and his girl friend the other day at tiong bahru. haha...

I am going to view the wedding setup today at carlton. Have till next week to decide. At the same time, also considering MMO and PP for the alternative dates. I have to say though, the price at carlton is definitely more attractive than the other 2, but FIL prefer the other 2..

sereneli

Hi Joy,
Hmm....I am in the class just next to yours! hehe.
Are you Joy as in Joyce? Cos I can't really remember who's in Rowell's class

PP = Pan Pac? They were one of my shortlisted place, tt's not bad a place, too bad they were booked on my date. As for MMO, it's Marina Mandarin or Meritus Mandarin?

esterlla

Hi Serene,

Bingo! : ) Yes, it's me! What a small world! But you do look different in the pic as from my memory, though, if you are who I think you are! Some tongue-twister there..haha. Really so qiao, can't imagine meeting my pri school mates here. We could even have a small gathering. Where is your love nest ?

Yes,PP=Pan Pacific- i like the exclusive reception area where you have the whole floor to yourself. However, ceiling is low. MMO is meritus mandarin orchard. I love the location, however, setup is too plain. Bad thing, the saturday I wanted was taken , though I have the sunday tentatively booked. Pan pac - my coordinator is checking with the couple for my sat dates, so keeping my fingers crossed. Carlton most likely to be out, but I will see the setup first before deciding.

sereneli

Hi Joyce,

I only have a faint idea of how you look like. I mean it's been 13-14 years since our pri sch days! :D

I am staying in Jurong. In fact, I had ROM in 2003 and been staying there and only hold my traditional ceremony this year.

When's your wedding? If you were to choose MMO during "festive" season, the location may pose a prob cos of the traffic situation.
happy.gif

esterlla

Hi Hi,

I didn't go and see the setup at Carlton yesterday. Was too lazy liao! You were a prefect in Radin Mas ?

I am looking at end of november. I am aware of the traffic and carpark issue at MMO but parent and IL prefer the hotel. The next will be pan pac or orchard hotel.

reismion

hi all,

we wont b selecting carlton liao. chose amara instead due to budget n location. :p it's been a great pleasure participating in tis thread. :D

hamster_gal

hi loi,
sure
happy.gif

kelvin is very prompt in answering my email, sent on fri and he called me on mon...
happy.gif

i'll be going to the wedding show in Oct, cos those things presented in last year's wedding show actually valid from Oct 04 to Oct 05, since my wedding in dec 05, i'm going to check out what's the new decor, favours etc they have
happy.gif

ahmei

hi hamster gal, so meaning cos ur wedding is in dec 05, u can get the current package? that's great...havent' decided if want to go to show..
btw, got lucky draw or not? haha...

hamster_gal

hi geberra,
that's what kelvin told me lor... cos i was asking him about the 2 setups for floral decor i saw at the fair in Oct 04, then he said that's valid till Oct this year but since my wedding in dec 05, then i should choose from the latest decor setups that they will display in their wedding show next month
happy.gif

same goes for the wedding cards, favours
happy.gif

i think lucky draw should be standard ba
happy.gif

ahmei

hamster gal, oh tat's interesting...cos i heard from my co-ordinator that time when i signed up that they intend to change the decor..maybe good chance to take a peek at the upcoming new decors & other stuff at the fair..

esterlla

Hi Serene,

Thanks! Have more or less narrowed down to those two hotels ! : )

If you don't mind, could you pm me the contact for the gown?

Regards,

faintz

thanks, serene! got your reply.. that is very useful.. seems like i am thinking too much about those small little small things. :p

any idea whether carlton can open up some part of it for bridal photo taking?

you staying at jurong? me too.. but me is jurong extension with weird factories cocoa smell floatin in the air..yucks...

sereneli

Hi Faintz,
No worries. This forum is for us to share mah
happy.gif

You can tell your co-ordinator that you want to take pictures in Carlton and I am sure they will be able to accommodate
happy.gif

I am staying in Jurong West St. 24, jalan bahar side….cocoa smell and airplanes flying are the trademark of Jurong mah keke

faintz

thanks, serene..

conicidentally, i am staying pretty near you.. i suppose you taking bus 172 or 199 to interchange.. me staying near the civil defence there
happy.gif

ya.. will check with my coordinator, see can arrange or not..

chipdale1910

Hi Faintz,

So concidence!i'm staying near Jurong pt (Jurong west st 65, Blk 658A)

So prob, one day we can meet up at Jurong Pt, rite? Hehehe..

Hi Serene,

How are u recently? So when are u going for ur holidays?

sereneli

Hi Faintz,
Yeap yeap 199, 405, 172 kekeke....I am directly opposite the civil defence school.

Hi Chipdale,
Hey, quite a few jurong people here eh...kekeke.
Me busy with work after AD......a lot of projects going on at the same time. Haven't had time to go for my holidays. Moreover hubby is going outstation soon for 3 weeks in Europe. Most probably going for a short trip when he's back and then we will plan our super delayed honeymoon till next year kekeke