Budget BTBs

cjnsal

Hi All,

I have been in this forum for a while and have greatly benefited from all the information in this forum.

I have started my own blog to share all the wedding preparations that I have done for my big day at end of this year

http://storyofcjnsal.blogspot.sg/

Its more of a platform for me to share on all the research i have done :) hope you guys can enjoy and benefit from it!

Topics include wedding bands, mua price comparison, caterer, choosing bridesmaid dress, wedding car deco and wedding bedsheet set

I will keep on updating :D
Thanks!

octobride

Yes i did! I saw that the shops in singapore are selling the overpriced dowry sets which does not include all the things that i want so i decided to buy my own from taobao :)

Ya! I also felt they are so overpriced! Like 1 set already $200+
Do TB sell GDL items in a set?
Can we buy from GDL items from TB individually and ownself make it into a set?

cjnsal

Ya! I also felt they are so overpriced! Like 1 set already $200+
Do TB sell GDL items in a set?
Can we buy from GDL items from TB individually and ownself make it into a set?

TB has those GDL sets but i feel that some of the items in the set is too excessive (like maybe china got use but singapore no one use kind).

I choose to buy individual items to make my own set so that i can select the designs that i want. Also because dowry is supposed to be paid by female side, so i let my mum decide what she feels is a necessity and what is not then i buy accordingly :D

cjnsal

I spent about $80+ including pyjamas. For the cost savings you can read my post, the price difference in SG vs TB quite big hahahahas. I like the fact that i get to choose what I like and shopping makes me happy! Previously i was very worried that taobao quality would be very bad but turns out no! 95% of the items turned out great!

cjnsal

for the tea pot set you chose sea shipping for the shipment? it didn't crack or anything right?

Nope! No cracks or anything. The things are well packaged. I would typically remind the seller that i would be shipping the items overseas so they must help me pack properly and do quality check before shipping out!

Nope! No cracks or anything. The things are well packaged. I would typically remind the seller that i would be shipping the items overseas so they must help me pack properly and do quality check before shipping out!

that's very nice.

nice! i wanted to get that design too. but was hesitating to use economy air or sea shipping cause im using 65daigou to do my purchases.
thanks for sharing! :)

cjnsal

Hees! Hope you will like the tea set as much as I do :)

For the rest of the things u can look at my post:
http://storyofcjnsal.blogspot.sg/

One of the seller is very good! He even feedbacked to me that one of the items is defective so he help me change to an alternative (upgrade) free of charge!

vivcia

Hi cjnsal, thanks for sharing! What kind of shipping did you choose - economy air or sea? And how long did it take to reach you?

I have not buy anything from Taobao yet coz I am lost in the "sea of Chinese words"

cjnsal

Hi cjnsal, thanks for sharing! What kind of shipping did you choose - economy air or sea? And how long did it take to reach you?

I have not buy anything from Taobao yet coz I am lost in the "sea of Chinese words"

Hi Vivcia,

I would choose to use Sea shipment since my wedding is at end of the year and im not urgently needing the items. Sea shipment can take from 3 weeks to 4 weeks time. But if you are not buying in bulk, air shipment wont have much price difference from sea shipment :)

If you are lost in the sea of chinese words, i think using 65daigou is the easiest as you can just paste in the link of the item you want to buy and let them handle the rest :D only bad thing is that they will charge some agent fee though

Last edited:

octobride

Wow you are so hard working to keep updating your blog. Sometimes I feel like creating a wedding blog too!
But too lazy to update hahaha

cjnsal

You can google, alot of advice on internet. But i would advise you review the list with your family. Cus somethings your mum may want but not in the list... Some things in the list but your mum may think dont need.

E.g. 过大礼my mum initially requested both 烧猪 and pig trotters even though im a hokkien. By right hokkien dont need roast pig one lol

Jamietn

Har? Must give out to relatives de meh?

Yup ur parents have to give out to thank your immediate relatives .. like sharing the blessings ba..

Dun forget before that must get Xi bin to give to bride's relatives while giving them invitation cards .. which is so ma fan sia..

octobride

Yup ur parents have to give out to thank your immediate relatives .. like sharing the blessings ba..

Dun forget before that must get Xi bin to give to bride's relatives while giving them invitation cards .. which is so ma fan sia..

Groom side need to give out xi bing anot?
I see most ppl after GDL, the bride and groom will go give out xi bing + invitation cards to relatives liao. Not sure which side thou.

Jamietn

Groom side need to give out xi bing anot?
I see most ppl after GDL, the bride and groom will go give out xi bing + invitation cards to relatives liao. Not sure which side thou.

I so far nvr heard of giving out xi bin to groom's side ..

Mostly is bride and groom go to bride side to go give out xi bin and invitation cards ..

Jamietn

But it's hard to say that maybe our future mil also want us to give to their relatives too.. haha .. we all know that the elder always love to change pattern ..

To be safe , pls ask all the questions you have if u guys haven't pass though the ti qing part

octobride

Next month our parents will meet. I wonder what will my mother ask for? So nervous.
We are ROM-ing in june. so parents should meet in May right?

Jamietn

Not necessary just anytime both parents can have time to meet and discuss everything like pin jing, si Dian jing, and number of Xi bing and number of table bride parents want .. and this is the most important and tricky part ..

Jamietn

Be cos of this part I argue and quarrel with my mum a few times... and she insisted to bark me even more .. so really must cool down and discuss 1st

octobride

Be cos of this part I argue and quarrel with my mum a few times... and she insisted to bark me even more .. so really must cool down and discuss 1st

Some mother very easy going.
Some very difficult!

They really think is selling off daughters huh?

Like that 'sell' off already, means daughter no need to give mother monthly allowance anymore right? Since already 'sold'.

Jamietn

Sorry forgot to said before ROM .. Haha .. to those very Chinese traditional one ROM is nothing .. traditional Chinese custom is the main thing haha.. even u guys ROM liao also can't stay together unless ur parents allowed

Jamietn

Cjnsal,

Can advise me when you n ur htb hunting for new bed.. cos my future mil dun allow us to buy new bed till near my actual wedding day

Jamietn

Some mother very easy going.
Some very difficult!

They really think is selling off daughters huh?

Like that 'sell' off already, means daughter no need to give mother monthly allowance anymore right? Since already 'sold'.

Totally agreed that. .

They said the red packet that she want for number of tables must be given to them .. so basically all the money that bride's relative give is belong to bride parents .. equal to 'sell' daughter sia ...

Then after that she said that those money is for them to pay back to those relatives if they are invited to others wedding and blur blur and if the relative also invite under my hubby name , if we attending also must give .. lol then like the bride will be in lose of money ..

Then still want me to give my dad n mum allowance 200 each .. which now I only give my mum 350 nia .. isn't this the lose lose situation. .

So ladies sometimes really need to do a good chat with ur parents before both parents meeting...

And do remember that sometimes ur parents will said u sided to ur htb too much le.. lol

cjnsal

Cjnsal,

Can advise me when you n ur htb hunting for new bed.. cos my future mil dun allow us to buy new bed till near my actual wedding day

My MIL is catholic she suibian one.
My mum DONT ALLOW. Only the day tt we marry then we can sleep on the bed. So most likely we will buy 1 month in advance