Bliss Garden Restaurant - Singapore Expo Foyer

trina_wys

wah chilipadi!!

ur AD is coming real soon!! so excited for u too.. hehe..
happy.gif

do u have ur PS photos somewhere on the web? can share with me?
happy.gif

[email protected]

hi soh chin,

u seldom pop in here right? hehe.. so u signed up with them when they first started? ok.. then i think our menu is the same.. coz i signed up in april i think..

i'm planning to change a few dishes so its not a standard menu.. but most of the dishes will come from the $538 and $588 menu..
happy.gif

when is ur AD? i still dun have ur details in the other thread to upload..

trina_wys

Hi summer,

the price list that i have is no longer valid coz they have increased their pricing.. u might want to call suzanne (lady boss) at 90689972 to get the latest pricings..
happy.gif

when i booked in April this year.. the price range was $468 - $688 nett.. got 6 menus to choose from..

i guess the best part is the perks though.. free drinks.. and its not just the soft drinks and chinese tea.. hehe.. free everything! beer, stout, hard liquor and red wine..
happy.gif

sounds good?

el005

Gals..

I think we did discus abt a safe palce to keep the AP.. well i met up Suzanna this afternoon and she told me that they do not provide any safe.. cos safe use by so many ppl is no longer safe loh..

Well guess our aunts/ cousins/ slibings have to help us e the security for the day !!

sleeepi

Petrina, how come ur booked in April got cover red wine..mine dun have le... what abt the rest of the Brides to be??

eiggam

Hi,

For those who wanna take a look at the price list and menu, can go to www.qianxi.com.sg. Then click on wedding banquet and select bliss garden. I think the bliss garden website not up yet. BTW, i believe that this is the old price list, they haven't updated the website yet. For the pics of Bliss garden, u can check out style mag or wedding n travel. Or i think Gin posted some pics of bliss gardens before. Check the archives here.
happy.gif

teosohchin

Hi,
My AD is on 12 Feb 06. My menu doesn't include FOC red wine leh. Also free flow drinks, beer, and liquor..
Now, lookin for lobang for wine. Got one which charge $12.90 per bottle but haven't try yet..

trina_wys

hi gals,

lily, hehe.. no no.. i dun have the red wine perk too.. i was talking about the perks now.. sorry to have confused u gals..
happy.gif

el005

The rest. offering Jacobs Creek (Red) for $20 per bottel.

I'm not taking any red cos too many tables.. To me, since table wine dun compliment the food, must well dun use loh.. (thats my own opinion)

trina_wys

hi maggi,

u can see it in the very first archive file of this thread.. its there.. but no deco though..

i think that its better that u go down and take a look for urself coz there really is a very big difference from the pictures and real life..
happy.gif

hope this helps!..
happy.gif

trina_wys

hi cherynn,

u might want to pop by the 'qianxi restaurant???' thread coz all of us gals are talking there.. hehe..

i've already told cheryl that u're looking for her.. but i think she has not sign in for a few days liao.. so be patient ok?
happy.gif

when is ur AD by the way??

cherynn

Hi Petrina
My AD is on 23 Dec 2006.
just called up suzanna to view the setup and detials on friday!! she mention that the date i wan is still available... Think my AD date is quite popular also. One of my colleague getting married same day as mine.. so sad!! Friends n colleagues guest lists will clash. A bit stress liao.. haha
Cheryl, saw ur AD photos liao.... very nice and i feel the ballroom looks great... Thanks for sharing

trina_wys

hi cherynn,

wow!! hehe.. i think next year end dates are all really popular.. hehe.. for my AD.. 25th Nov 2006.. there are already 5 brides with the same date in the nov 06 thread.. haha.. stressed!! but i've done everything that i can do now already so just got to wait for next year to come.. then i'll get busy again..
happy.gif

hopefully u can be a bliss garden bride too!!

do let us know about ur visit with suzanna when u've visited the place tmr..
happy.gif

nottom

hi all, im going to confirm with suzana tml evening.saw an advice somewher to bargain and i tried to bargain for cheaper menu price but she rejected..has any1 successfully bargained for cheaper price??
happy.gif

nottom

i prefer the $618 menu and hope to get $20-$30 discount.cos i have MANY relatives who have MANY children (3-6 years old=> non-paying group). so most likely im going to suffer a loss..
sad.gif

hopefully suzana will give in to my request tml loh..pray hard!

trina_wys

hi nottom,

i think that the pricing is really very good already especially with the free flow of all drinks.. furthermore.. the pricing that u have now comes with free red wine as well.. i dun have that so gotta pay extra for red wine..
sad.gif

the menu price is fixed.. but maybe u can try with the perks though.. i haven't chosen my menu yet coz its still too early to say.. i've only just placed my deposit only..

nottom

oic..so the menu i got is the revised one. ya,actually their pricing is very good compared to the rest.i haven decided on the menu too..my next stop is bridal shop. u have any suggestion, petrina?

joy2

Hi cheryl,

Care to share with me your pic?

my email address: [email protected]

Hi All,
I'm new here. My FH and i still looking ard for restaurant. We have planned to have our AD Nov2006. I have went to qx website to have a look quite like the bliss garden setting and was attracted by the free flow of drinks, especially red wine. but got worry the quality of the red wine offer. Is they anyone can assist me?

trina_wys

hi joy,

if i'm not wrong.. its jacob creeks.. but i dun not know the type.. maybe the other brides here can help u??

gals?? anyone can help joy??

joy.. when is ur AD in nov.. my AD is in nov too.. hehe..
happy.gif
25th Nov..

purplepiggy

Dear all,
I'm very happy to see a thread for Bliss Garden as I'm considering to have my my AD there in Dec06.
Have already contacted Suzanna and have receive the wedding package from her. Heard from her that there is a alot of booking there and she has request me to go down to view the venue asap.

Queries:
a) Is the sound and lighting system good?
b) Has any relatives/frens complain that the venue is too far? (@ Expo)

I maybe going down tomorrow or next wk to view the venue
happy.gif

trina_wys

Hi joy,

glad to see someone in the same month as me.. hehe..
happy.gif

Hi purplepiggy,

u better act fast coz another bride in the qianxi restaurant?? thread (where all qianxi and bliss brides hang out).. says that Dec 06 weekends are booked already.. u may wanna check with suzanna??
happy.gif

about ur question.. i do have some friends who choke when i say its at expo.. haha.. u should see their expressions.. but after the initial shock.. hehe.. they're alright with it..

i took bliss garden coz most of my relatives stays in the east and north east.. so its alright for me..
happy.gif

hope this helps..

purplepiggy

Hi Petrina,

Thanks for your reply
happy.gif

I have went down to Bliss Garden for viewing and had met Suzanna.
The ballrooms are well decorated and everything look very new (only 7mth there according to Suzanna)

I have enquiry Suzanna and requested date is still available. (I looking at the smaller ballroom as i only has 25 tables)
Now still discussing with my husband regarding the venue as most of my relative live in west and north area.

trina_wys

hi purplepiggy,

glad to hear that ur AD date is still avaliable..
happy.gif

yups.. bliss garden is very new as it just opened this year only.. so we're very lucky.. hehe..
happy.gif

hmm.. i think that there really is not much of a problem coz there is expo mrt and the ECP is very near also.. many u can ask a few of ur relatives and check out their comments first?

nini

Hi girls,

From the style magazine, there is FOC for red wine above 25 tables (if i'm not wrong). Do anybody try to ask Suzanna to give us FOC for red wine if more than 25 tables??Actually i felt very unfair if we do not have FOC red wine as nowadays many ppl like to drink it compare to the hard liquor. Other than that, we don't need to pay for extra $$..
happy.gif

trina_wys

hi kelly,

er.. is there a typo error in ur message?? i'm a bit confused by ur question.. i think what u're trying to ask is whether anyone here has tried asking for FOC red wine if the tables are lesser than 25 tables is it?..

i guess it all boils down to the number of tables that u take because if u take a look at other hotels or restaurants out there.. which venue will give free flow of hard liquor and beer out there?

maybe if u really want the red wine.. u can try exchanging the FOC hard liquor for FOC red wine? maybe that would be better..
happy.gif

hope my info helps u..
happy.gif

trina_wys

hey kelly,

i was reading the previous threads and noticed that u will be having 40 - 45 tables right?

i think its because we've got the pricing at a cheaper rate thats why there is no FOC wine.. if u want the wine.. then can also tell suzanna that u'll take the current menu? or just add a small amount to the table and then get the red wine?

brink_79

Hi All,

I am new to this thread and am considering bliss garden for my wedding banquet and hope you can advise me on the following

Petrina/Purplepiggy/Cherynn: I have just saw the bliss garden website they have hall A:55 and Hall B:38, you all have any idea the maximum no. of tables they can accomodate in each of the halls? The maximum no. of tables in order to enjoy free flow red wine?for week day or weekend?

Cherynn: can you share with me the pics of the ballroom? How was the decoration?

My email: [email protected]

Thank you.

limtangkuei

Hello Brink_79

The boss ever told me the 2 hall can combine into 1 hall, total can put about 70plus tables.

Now their new packages is if you booked above25tables, you can entire have free flow of red wine

The best way see the decoration is personally go down have a look instead see the pic

trina_wys

hi brink!

u can visit their new website..

http://www.blissgarden.com.sg

the menus and pictures are there for u to take a look..
happy.gif

opps.. hehe..silly me.. didn't realise that u saw the website already.. haha..
happy.gif

from what i know.. if both halls combine.. can put 90 tables leh josephine..
happy.gif

brink_79

Hi Josephine/Petrina,

Thanks for your reply
happy.gif

I be only having about 30 to max 35 tables, do you think it is too big a place for me?

Josephine, you were saying if above 25 tables, can have free flow red wine. Is it applicable for both weekday and weekend?
In order to enjoy it, do we have to chose the most expensive menu?

Petrina: how many tables do you have and what other perks you ask from them? parking, favours?
Any hotel stay?

Do I need to call before I go there and see see look look. Never really realise there was a restaurant there
happy.gif

trina_wys

hi brink,

if u have only about 30 - 35 tables.. u've got to take ballroom A.. the smaller one.. coz the big one needs to have min 40 tables..

free flow of wine is applicable on both weekdays and weekends..

i have 45 - 50 tables.. but there is no hotel stay, favours and parking.. all these u got to come up by urself.. however, i think that the FOC drinks are excellent already.. so much better than all these.. coz drinks can really come up to a lot..
sad.gif

the restaurant is usually open but if u wanna meet up with suzanna, then its better to give her a call.. she's not always there.. most of the time in paya lebar if i'm not wrong..
happy.gif

joy2

Hi petrina,

I'll be going down to bliss garden to have a look today. Did not call for booking, will be walk in customer.I think it is good to be walk in customer, at least we know how their service like.

I have not call suzanna to check out abt my AD still available?

But Which menu did u take?

limtangkuei

Helo Brink

For old packages, actually 25 tables not included free flow of red wine, is due to Suzanna done some mistake so they give us free flow of red wine.

For new packages, if you above 25 tables, now got free flow of red wine.

Hello joyjoy

You should do like that.

Last time after we book the place, my brother said actually we should go try the foods w/o informed them. After we heard, we also scare the foods is really not nice, so we walk in as normal customer, try the foods. We discovered that their foods is nicer

nottom

hello fellow brides, i heard comments that for the smaller ballrm, the food was not served hot. think it's the distance between the kitchen n the ballroom itself.wonder wat will suzanna do to improve on this..

trina_wys

hi joy,

my AD is in Nov 06 only.. so i have not chosen my menu.. just paid a deposit only..

hi joesphine,

the smaller ballroom is ballroom A..

brink_79

Hi notton,
Food are served cold? Then the food will not be so nice already...
sad.gif

Anyone had already hold their wedding in this ballroom, what is the general comments? Please share. Thanks.

Petrina, when did you actually place the deposit since your wedding in Nov 2006? And do they print the cards for you or you have to print it yourself?

trina_wys

hi brink,

my deposit was placed in April this year.. coz when i went down to take a look at the place.. i knew that it was going to be a hot place for weddings.. so i just placed my deposit to secure the date.. menu and all has not be discussed yet.. maybe will do so in April/May next year..
happy.gif

card printing is included in the package so u dun have to worry about that cost..
happy.gif