Bangkok

mylene_tan

hi apple

happy.gif
ya lor but thanks for replying

mocha_lover

hi all, need some help, i'll be going on 31 Jan 07 for 5D. and would like to know if chinatown will be closed for the new year?

i read in some travel books that it will be closed? Is it true? Anyone been during this period b4?

Seems like if CTC is half closed and such, and chinatown closed or most of the shops closed, then it would be a problem...

Pls help...

Thanks

sputnik

Hi,

The article about CTC was in Sat's New Paper. According to the article, about 100 men stormed CTC last Thurs and tore down abt 500 of the 1000 stores. From the picture in the New Paper, it looks pretty bad.

sereneli

hi,

yeah, it does look bad....anybody just came back from there? I will be going this weekend....kinda aiming to spend one good morning at the market but seems like now can change plans liao
sad.gif

mocha_lover

hi all,

saw in another forum that it's not that bad. here is one post from a forumer.
quote: "CTC market is perfectly fine, all the selling and buying is still GOING ON AS USUAL. xiaomyst you are worrying for nothing. the newspapers as usual have been blowing things up beyond proportion." unquote

FYI

faultgal

Thank Felicia for your info.

I will going during New Year 1 Jan 2007, so anyone try the gala dinner before in Baiyoke Sky? Is the location really far from BTS? So how is the hotel for Baiyoke Sky?

ngoost

I have 1 x AirAsia ticket to Bangkok going from 14 - 17 Dec.

Thu, 14/Dec/2006
Flight FD3502
11:00 Depart Singapore (SIN)
12:15 Arrive Bangkok (BKK)

Sun, 17/Dec/2006
Flight FD3507
18:50 Depart Bangkok (BKK)
22:10 Arrive Singapore (SIN)

The price is around $350 now. I have one willing to let go at $250 neg due to work commitment.

Contact me at [email protected] .

*not sure whether i violate any rule.*
pls forgive.

foreverhappy

but chinese new year is on 18 feb y chinatown close so early.
Can any advise also.
Thanks

Serene will you be going?
Let us know of the situation when you are back.

bloomiey

ping: Yeah kinda far from BTS. Be prepared to take cabs out to main town area. Otherwise might have to walk 20mins to Isetan, BigC, etc.
Rooms are big, Toilet lighting and corridor lighting is slightly dim. Buffet breakfast is wonderful, wide spread and delicious.

yukie

Hi sailormoonwt, stuff @ suan luan doesn't attract me so didn't stay there for long... not much ppl there oso... but me n hubby took the ferri wheels ride there... if i remember correctly is 100baht per pax...

add of Somboon Seafood... they hv 4 branch, i went to the below branch...
Somboon Seafood(Bantadthong)
895/6-21 chula 8 Bantadthong Rd
Parthumwan, Bangkok
Tel : 0-2216-4203-4

more info... suan lum will be close down on either feb or apr 07...

sailormoonwt

oh yah Yukie... i saw tat u hv posted the pic of ferri wheels...was telling hb tat i wanna try tat.. hehe...

tks for sharing the seafood restaurant... will put tat into my itnerary too... :p~~

faultgal

Hi Yanling,

Thanks again. May I know the room are you refering the suite type or the normal superior room? heehee....
Beside Patunam any other nearby food centre or shopping also ?

sailormoonwt

hi dreamer .... i will stay at Ibis Siam this coming BKK trip end of the mth ... wanted to stay at Indra Regent but was fully booked thru Asiarooms so had to take my 2nd choice in the list.....

u can go read the reviews at Asiarooms..quite positive comments
happy.gif

yukie

Hi Felicia... u can alight @ BTS National Stadium Station...
happy.gif
but u won't b able to c it fm the station... it's in 1 of the small lane...

bloomiey

ping: The dim lighting i referred to was Baiyoke Sky all of the rooms, Superior room, Junior Suite, Superior Suite. These 3 rooms have exactly same bathroom/toilet design and size. Baiyoke sky is good for those who wanna share with 2 pair of couples in a room cos of big space.

Superior room has 2 Super Single Bed, Junior Suite has 1 Queen size bed and 1 Super Single Bed and 1 sofa. Superior Suite has 2 Super Single Bed in a bedroom and 1 sofa. Thats the standard unless you gonna add a bed/triple sharing.

Yes other than pratunam market, there are some shoppings within walking distance along the lane selling ladies accessories n clothings. Pratunam stuff are cheap. An alternative to Chatuchak.

sabafugly

hi, stayed at ibis siam before. its a new hotel. most drivers wudnt noe where it is. but juz carry along wif u their direction card available at the hotel counters. rooms are really clean and size is ok. enjoyed my stay dere.

jus_1mee

Hi gals, im planning my itinerary to BKK - first time there - can anyone share your itinerary with me? im leaving on Sat. will be in BKK for 5 days. thanks

mystic2451

Hi there... I am a newbie here. I have some enqiries to check with those who have been to Memorial Bridge Night Market and Bo-Be market.
1)Have any of you taken a cab to Memorial Bridge NM from Asia Hotel? Was it worth going and how much was the cab fare?
2)And is it true Bo-Be market is near to Chinatown area? How long is the journey? Am I suppose to shop at a open-air market environment or in a building call Bo-Be towers?
Can anyone advice? Hope to hear some views and comments on this soon. Thank you for your attention...

kenshare

hi forumers...
i m going bkk on wednesday..will be there alone doing most stuff cos Hubby working..
Can anyone suggest who i can do besides shopping at MBK, Siam Square, Siam Paragon, Platinium Mall, Pratuwan Market..
happy.gif

i planning to go massage and mani/pedi..
anyone can give good suggestions...

xie xie
happy.gif

goooogal

Hi, I'm going to BKK for a week. Anyone stayed at Grand President Hotel before? How is it? Also, which spa is recommended? The hotel is at Soi 11. For a longer stay of 2-3 weeks (for work), which hotel is reasonable and not too bad? Thanks..

sereneli

Hi Gals,

For those who are interested to know if the JJ market can still go. It's a definite YES. I went there and there's no sign of destruction!!!! Heehee guess the newspaper blew up the matter. So it's still shopping as per normal there
happy.gif

sailormoonwt

Ohaiyo Ladies!!

Hi serene .... so happy to hear frm u tat Chatuchak Mrkt is still functioning and all ready for shopping!!! i'm going BKK tis wkend & all ready to chiong the wkend mkrt!!
kao_clap.gif

mystic2451

Hi Serene

Thanks for sharing this piece of gd news with us.

BTW did you shop for skincare or cosmetic products while you were there? Any recommended places to shop for the this kind of products? My sister is looking for massacra n make-up remover. Wondering if anyone can recommend shoppin places in bkk where i can find gd and affordable skincare products???

gervynne

Kenshare: I went there too when hubby was on a biztrip so I had about 2 days to shop myself! For massage, go to this shopping centre Plaza 29 which is opposite MBK and linked by a bridge, u will see alot of shops doing mani and pedi with nailart at very good price! I paid only S$12-15 for my both my nailart.

Also, if you ladies have the time, drop by to Chinatown (Sumpheng Lane) where u get wholesale accessories prices! very cheap and good!

gervynne

LY: I think MBK has a storey which sells cheap mascaras and makeup remover. think its the 3rd storey near the escalator. The stalls are like push carts stationed there but i think their stuff are quite cheap. not sure if its authentic though. L'Oreal Makeup remover is very cheap there! U should grab a few pieces!
happy.gif

mao_mao

sailormoonwt,
enjoy your shopping at CTC ya....but do wear those light and comfy clothings as the weather there is super hot...

bellebelle

Anyone here atayed at service apartment while you were there for holiday? Any recommendation?

I'm planning on going Bangkok with my family for 3/4 days. Since there're 4 adults and 1 child, I feel that it's better to get a 2-bedroom service apartment with a kitchenette.

hptang74

Hi! Aspriation

For my recent trip to BKK (which is also 4 adults + 1 child), I stayed at my co svc apt ie Somerset Suwan (very near to Childom sky train station).

Overall, I enjoyed my stay there.

sailormoonwt

maomao
happy.gif

yah!! me reali looking forwArd to my BKK trip man...these few weeks hb & i feeling reali burn-out at work due to our work & reno on-going...so reali looking forward to tis coming wkend!!

aspiration: i ever tried Somerset Lakepoint (under Ascott Serviced Residence) ... quite a nice & huge apartment...with kitchen, Lv Hall, Dining Area & 2 Rooms... enjoyed my stay there
kao_smile.gif

bellebelle

Sue,

How much did you pay for your airtics and accom? So the apartment belongs to your company?

Sailormoonwt,
Did you book from agency or from the internet? How much did you pay? Is it within walking distance to any skytrain?

sailormoonwt

Hi Aspiration,

My hubby's fren was in charge of accomodation then...i m not too sure how much we paid cos there was tis CITIBANK promotion...
we paid someting like $278 each couple (for 4D/3N) with bkfast...

hptang74

Hi! Aspiration

As for my airtickets, I got it free from airasia during its promotion. Just pay for airport taxes.

Yup, my co own a chain of svc apt under 3 brands namely Ascott, Somerset & Citadines.

As for accom, I paid THB 4200 per nite (staff price) for 2 bedrooms apt price (complimentary upgrade to 3 bedroom apt) Even got a washing machine it the apt. We wash our clothes every day... It is within walking distance to skytrain, think around 5 mins. Very near to Central Childom.

Btw currently they have some promotion for Bkk svc apt and it includes airport transfer. Quite a good deal.

Check it out at http://www.ascott.com

Fyi, usually 2 bedroom apt in Bkk can accomodate 3 adults only (comprises 1 double bed either king or queen size and the other is single bed). The 4th person usually they will charge or they won't let him or her in. U better check it out b4 u book.

bellebelle

sue,
From the Royal President floorplan, their 2-bedroom apartment has 2 rooms with Queen/King-sized beds.
Will check out Ascott. Thanks

gervynne

LV: no prob! Hope u find ur stuff!

aspiration: You might want to try Grand Diamond Hotel or Service Apartment located very near to Pratunam Market. It is just 5 mins walk to Pratunam market and it is an ex service apartment converted to hotel. When i stayed there a few years back they have the room with 2 bed and a kitchen as well as a small living room. very spacious and it is not as expensive.

sereneli

Hi Sailormoon and LY,

No prob! Enjoy your trip there and do drink more water cos the weather is really very hot.

As for makeup, can try MBK 3rd and 4th floor, they have alot of cosmetics there and they also have those samples sized items, mostly from Clinique.

I have stayed at Evergreen Service Apartment. It's in a lane just next to Asia Hotel. You can visit their website http://www.evergreenapartment.com/. The location is good cos it's within walking distance to MBK and also to BTS @ Asia Hotel. It's a no frills apartments that doesn't serve breakfast but they do have good food for the room service.