Bangkok

fat

Blueblue, dun worry, they are open for sure. you will be there during these 2 days? I will be going to chatuchak on the 12th.
Ive oredi book the package & collected the tickets too....it was actually book by hubby but if im not wrong, we paid for about $600+ per pax.

littlefoot

hi gals,

anyone flying on tiger airways tried bringing rabbit cage, dog beds etc back? how do u carry it back since it cant be packed into luggage and one person is only allowed 1 hand carry bag and 1 check in luggage?

celtricia

hey zenn.. really ah.. hmmm.. tink i'll b gg there during my nxt trip.. kekeke.. thanz for the info..
happy.gif

sugarbabe

hi blueblue, I have book with Comet travel.. u still havent booked ah? Mayb muz fast hand fast leg abit cos erm i think tixs n hotels selling fast cos CNY period mah...

Hi .... , where u staying? $600 is for hw many days?? We paid abt $440 per pax staying at D'ma

erm.. heard that there's a levi's factory somewhere in BKK...

blue2003

Sugarbabe

Haven booked yet leh. Hubby very busy with work and cant confirm the off dates.
sad.gif
May shift it earlier than CNY.

Zenn
The shop that you mentioend: Samui Art @ 24 Patpong Rd Opp. Montien Hotel. Are their pianting something like those in Singapore? I like those from www.evershinegallery.com but find it too exp. And hor, how did you bring ti back? Hand carry on board?

Anyone know of any other galleries that sell oil painting?
happy.gif

emcee

Hi Low,

You must know whether the store can VAT refund or not...

if can then your spending there that day must be more than 2000baht (can combine receipt) in order to apply for VAT refund...

then when you at airport, all your vat refund forms total up must be more than 5000baht then you can claim and goods subject to inspection too...

and upon claiming... there will be admin charges deductable from the refund before you can get thai baht back.... so make sure your claim is very much more than the vat refund if not no point having the hassale of doing so...

littlefoot

hi gals,

anyone knows where i can change thai baht to smaller notes? just went to change sg dollars to thai baht.. the rate is so low now.. $23.46..

that money changer gave me all in $500 and $1000... wanted to change to small notes but he said that $500 is the smallest note.. argh..

littlefoot

oh yahz... anyone celebrate bdae there before? my bf's bdae is on the day which we come back.. wanted to give him a surprise bdae there.. any recommendations?

zenn

Hihi...

Littlefoot,
Actually you can change when you are there.

Blueblue,
Yes yes, they do sell abit of those kind of paintings! Mine is abit like that - mainly red color hee Oh we check in when on plane.

I saw some stores at Suan Lum selling paintings too...

Sugar,
Who you booked from combat? Their price is pretty reasonable!

princessjen

hi hi,

me back liao...
242353.gif

really fruitful trip cos spend e most in central dept store..manage to draw e lucky draw coupon-<font size="+1">50%disc</font> wahhhhhh so happy that me,sis-in-law &amp; MIL buy soooo much more at half price only..
weather there was real cold...dun ask me y...wind was strong that i need to buy sweater there..

<font color="0000ff">hi littlefoot,</font>

not adviseable to chng in bkk nw...the rates are soo much lower than SG..i chng @ 23.64 in raffles plc..rates there oni 23.32..not worth it unless u really out of cash then no choice..

<font color="0000ff">hi low,</font>

admin chrg for VAT refund cost THB100..

btw,pple going chinatown dun eat at nam sing...food really getting worse &amp; soooo expensive..

sugarbabe

hi zenn, u can ask for Brenda at Comet Travel...

pjen, the weather there cold ah?? erm then i better bring a jacket along juz in case.. I'm gg on 11/2.. wonder by then still cold nt??...

blue2003

Hi Sugerbabe
Finally. I booked my air tickets liao. Cant wait to chiong to BKK. Going on 28 Jan till 1 Feb via SQ. Got the promo rates at $319 per pax. Dunno good deal anot but just take liao. Called a few agencies and all no more.
sad.gif
U planned your schedule liao?
happy.gif

Hi Zenn...
U made me feel so excited abt the trip cos of those paintings. Searching high n low for them.
sad.gif
It's so expensive in Spore. But nice lah. so yours is something like those shown on the website. What do you mean by check in? Hand carry on board right? checked in means with the luggage. can meh?

princessjen

<font color="0000ff">hi sugarbabe,</font>

me not sure by 11feb stil cold anot leh??jus bring a sweater jus in case lor..even my FIL oso cannot tahan buy jacket wear

<font color="0000ff">hi peggy,</font>

Central dept store at chidlom..Here's e direction:<font color="ff0000">• Central Chitlom
Skytrain to Chit Lom Station E1 (Sukhumvit Line). Leave in direction of Exit 4 but stay on level for direct link to Central Chitlom on your left.</font>mus spend above THB800 to take 1 coupon..so i suggest buy lingerie 1st using tourist 5% disc coupon

littlefoot

i'm going there this coming thurs!! so excited!! first time there.. hehe..

nobody celebrates bdae there before arhz.. anyone tried asking the hotel staff to surprise the bdae person with a bdae cake? does Asia Hotel do that? do we have to get the cake from outside?

princessjen

<font color="0000ff">hi littlefoot,</font>

gota go to customer service counter at level 1 take disc coupon..
me tat time buy cake from bakery shops outside for hubby..

zenn

Hi gals...

Pjen,
Wow 50% v worth it ya!! Glad tat you ve a great time!

Blueblue,
Mine is those simple simple one playin wif colors. Ya spore cost easily $1k for the size I bought. But not all designs over there are nice lah so you ve to shop around. They rolled up the painting for me n put inside hard cover. Yes I check in wif luaggue.

Sugar,
I liasised wif Evon the last time. Very nice lady too...

fat

Sugarbabe - Im staying at Amari Watergate for 5D4N.
The Levis Outlet you talking about actually is called "The Factory Outlet". One is near Patpong(Silom) &amp; the other one is actually at the BTS station itself. But I cant remember the station name but its a very small shop. The last time I went there, their Levis are very limited and all broken sizes......

saerocks

Hi all, i'm back
happy.gif

actually i was quite disappointed because its so hard for me to get my size there!!

anyway, some good places that i recommend for shopping will be

1) Chatuchak - 7 football field of shops selling woodcraft stuffs, shoes, watches, pets accessories, pants, cheap slippers, candles, office wear shirts

2) MBK - belts, HP accessories, torch, swiss knifes, lighters, pants

3) Isetan at Central - bras

4) Big C - shampoos &amp; body foam, and all other accessories which u might need to use if u decided not to bring there (similar to singapore's GAINT, CARREFOUR)

5) Pratunam market - nice office wear skirts, a lot of T-shirts, suits, children wear, nice male office &amp; causal shirts, jeans

6) Whole sale market in Chinatown - i'm not sure of what that market is called, but if u wan to get cheap accessories which we can find at MINI TOONS, its a good place (bad point is that u have to buy in bulk, usually 3 of the same product to get whole-sale price)

saerocks

Oh ya, as for the addias factory outlet located near River City , dun bother to go. The products there are so so limited and the shop is so small, and it is selling the same prices as what shopping centres like Isetan are doing.

Cabbage &amp; Condoms resturant are also not as fantasic. The place has in-door and out-door dining place and i had chosen to take the out-door, i regretted !!! a lot of flies and mosquitoes !! and the food there not nice.

There are a lot of cinemas located all over BBK, and there is no locals watching movies at all! i went to watch the movie - FORGOTTEN with my 4 other friends in one empty room ... zzz ... the seats are comfortable but i think it's fill with some bugs coz all of us went out with bites all over our hands.

However, there are some good things that u must try in BBK. They have real big head prawns which are fresh, they can be find in a lot of some resturants. The road-side hawkers which sell squids and satay-like pork &amp; chicken are really very very nice, and it only cost 5B-10 B per stick. One last thing i want to share is that Bangkok City Inn has a good location. Its near Big C, Isetan, Zen. Walkable distance to Pratunum &amp; Chit Lom station.

Sorry for being so naggy
happy.gif
Hope all these informations are useful.

saerocks

The room is just like genting's First World Hotel. The hotel look is not as grand as other hotels like Bangkok Palace or Four seasons, and breakfast does not have much choices, but the price and location make up the loses. Nearby there is a wanton mee stall, very nice ... also another hair salon (Yin Salon) which cost only 200 B for wash, blow and cut. Also there is one massage palon - 200 B per hour, not bad also. Its worth it to stay there.

peiyi

hi pjens

How i know every shopping central have Tourist discount 5%?
Do i need show my passport?
Thank you.

hi Wenwen,

Last time u go levis outlet, does u know levis at bkk size same s'pore size.I mean i buy 27size in s'pore maybe i need buy 28size in bkk of levis jean (cos i know normally bkk size L is our size M ) Thank you

saerocks

Serene (sereneli) : any travel agent also can. just tell then u wan wat hotel and when to when can liao lor. if u dont mind the *** of the hotel get bangkok city inn. not bad the location and the price wise is good. but alot of taxi or tutu donno where is it. just tell them BIG C at most u walk about 3mins can reach liao.

Peggy (peiyi) : 5% onli applies to shopping centre like central and isetan the big kind shopping but MBK is not consider. no need to show passport one. just make sure u buy above 2000baht and combine everything up more then 5000baht then u can claim at the airport.

levis there not really worth. almost the same pricing as singapore at most less 20 to 30 but donno u get one is QC fail or the better quality fake one. their size there are all anyhow label. u get something near to your sizing eg + 1 or +2. always rember the bigger the size the more expensive. get something that is your size or little tight nvm becos after season it will become more fitting but washing it will become smaller too lah so u ownself judge.

passby (passbyonly): pattunnum is worth going. bring one big empty bag along. no need scare cannot fill up all. but u also need to prepare to walk lor. mostly things there is 199 to 300. unless is those very nice or better one then abit more is worth it. 199/23 is onli 8.65217 so is ok one. in singapore u buy t-shirt also cannot get that price lah. Patpong u go there must never enter those ah go-go bar. u walk in but crawl out. when they pull u inside just reject them. things there are more expensive normally is markup of 800% or so. e.g. i bought one jean at patunnum 199 there is 1200, moment i walk away price drop 20% to 1000 i bargin and etc 700 end up i last call of price 400 baht refuse u walk away they will give in. if u wan to enjoy or fool-around ask the taxi or tutu the place RCA. there is one big disco like place. quite happening there.

if u wan cheap stuff the weekend market(chatuchak market) is worth going. it's so big walk one day also cannot finish but u need to know how to move about it. there canot bargin much becos is already very low.

P/S to everyone: pple there are not very rich, so try your best not to bargin till very low around wholesales market place. at most is 10 or 20 around chatuchak market, patunnum, chinatown this three places things there are normally 199 to 300 so less abit they will give. but patpong, suan long bargin hard show the singapore kasui power. haha. those place normally mark-up quite an amount.

sereneli

Hi Wenwen,

Heehee I know but just like to find out where you book with and the rate cos I am comparing where to get cheaper rates for my March trip.

Anyway, I am leaving tomorrow for my trip to Bangkok!
happy.gif
Going twice cos of the Tiger Airway promo... kekeke

peiyi

Hi Wen Wen,

Thank you so much for your information. You said levis not really worth to buy? i remember last two year i went there, i bot levis 517 only $50.++ only, i bot at siam centre should be Isetan. this time i going bkk, my roomates ask me help to buy levis, all housemates i need help to buy is 8pcs. If really like wat u said, i need to tell them about tis liao. Thank you
happy.gif

I'm leaving tommorow morning 8.50am to bkk.

ahjo77

Hi Peggy and gals out there

I am going to BKK in march good friday holiday and then looking around for accomodations in Siam Sq or easily accessiable to BTS hotels

can anyone provide some recomemndations and whats the rate and book form where

Thanks a lot

ohstrawberry

AhJo77,
U can try Asia hotel which is at Siam area and the hotel is linked to BTS station.
I had booked my hotel from www.directrooms.com but i had booked bangkok city inn, budget cost for me. You can try asking tour agency, guess they will have good offer. Unless you DIY your own trip like me, u can book air tickets from valuair or tiger airways and surf the net for cheap hotel stay.

ahjo77

HI Ohstrawberry

I am DIYing for my trip during good friday holiday thus chance upon this thread n realised got a lot of useful info

THanks
jo

passbyonly

Hi Gals,
May i know which websites u all book usually? this is my first dyi trip. still dunno which website is more reliable. are they reliable?
wat's abt the Bangkok City Inn? as i realised many website offering different rates.

Hi Wen Wen,
Thanks for your information.
happy.gif

Hi AhJo77,
I'm going to Bangkok during Good Friday too..
What's your plan? any priority? shopping or relaxing?

celtricia

Hi passby.. u could check up the website at www.bangkok.com for hotels.. tis webpage quite reliable as i've bked frm them during my previous trip to BKK whh is juz a few weeks bak.. n b4 my trips i've emailed them quite a number of times to query certain things n they manage to get bak to me within a day or two.. so i should say they r quite gd.. if nt u could try the one ohstrawberry mentioned, www.directrooms.com
happy.gif
hope it helps..

littlefoot

i'm back!! miss bangkok so much!! din get to buy quite a few things due to space constraint.. haiz.. went with 2 luggage n cum back with 3.. haha..

stayed at Asia Hotel.. not as dim or eery.. nice hotel to stay.. near to BTS and i took BTS around everywhere.. took cab only when i go to hotel from airport and go back to airport on e last day.

din bargain much with them as the prices are already quite cheap and they r making a living too. hence, just bargain a bit.. haha..

for their lingeries, biggest will be 80C.. but difficult to find. everywhere no stock.

anyone going there soon and can help me get 2 things? hehe.. i'll pay u back when u return..

ohstrawberry

Hi, passby

I already confirmed my reservation with directrooms, they takes ard 1 to 2 days to reply.
As for Bangkok City Inn, though the hotel is abit old, but very popular with hongkong people.
I will share with you all on the hotel when i back then cause i never stay there before too, i'll be going in mid march.

passbyonly

Celtricia &amp; Ohstrawberry,
Thanks for your help. and do you think it's a right time for me to book accommodation right now? as i'll going on good friday.

Celtricia,
Where did u went during your last trip?

celtricia

hi passby..

no prob.. i tink its should b alright for u to bk nw.. unless u wan to source out more info b4 bking.. my last trip was on 8th Jan to 11th Jan..
happy.gif

ahjo77

Hi passby

I ahve not really plan my Trip yet cos veri tied up with work ..thus just scouting for hotel first

Mi comtemplating between Eastin, and Asia...gals out there please advise

Thanks

passbyonly

Hi Ahjo77b &amp; Celtricia,
Thanks for your reply. how much is the air ticket did u paid? ahjo77b

now the bird flu is started to spread don't it's save to travel to Bangkok anot. what do u gals think?

ahjo77

Hi Passby

I am paying $85 for return from ISN to BKK via Tiger Airway

haha guess by good friday things shld get better ba ....

Cherers

destiny

Hi Ladies, I'm back too. I booked my room from www.resorthotels.net. I have made several changes to my bookings and they accomodated to me each time. I'm very satisfied with their service.

I stay in Ambassador Hotel(Suhkumvit), then went to Pattaya and back to BKK to Eastin hotel.

Ambassador and Eastin are the same price. I strongly recommend Eastin Hotel (if you do not mind that there are no BTS station) but its really near Pratunam Mkt. Taxis in BKK are cheap, so no worries.

Eastin has got good service and a relatively new hotel compared to Asia and Amb.(less than 10yrs) I stay in other hotels b4 during my previos trips and will rate Eastin the best value@B1260.

I will stay there next time I go to Bkk =)

I will recommend those DIYing to compare resortnet vs Directrooms vs bangkoksite. Some does not come with BF, ABF tax etc.

Cheers!!

tulipng

Hi all,

I'm planning to go bkk with frens during march good fri holiday, We are looking for airtickets which are cheap n gd, as we'll stay at fren hse there. Anybody got any lobang or recommendations?