Bangkok

ohstrawberry

Hi, littlefoot

If u want to just go Wat Pho for massage, i'll not suggest so. Cause over there quite warm and the facilities very limited, think just mattress for massaging. Why not u go after shopping Emporium or after Chinatown?

ohstrawberry

littlefoot,
oophs, i meant to go those massage places like Marble House, King & I or Body Tune. The environment will be more enjoyable. You can go after shopping to relax yourself.

Hi, Keann
You can go to the one at Asia Hotel, the Calypso cabaret show. Actually i had been to one called the Mambo cabaret show, but forgot where is the location liao.

zenn

Hi gals...

Just back from BKK and had a great time shopping, eating n massage! But not enough time to cover alot of places
sad.gif

Postiveme and spa lover,
I did body scrub, wrap and massage at Blooming Spa! Total 3 hrs for 2800 baht. Nice place n gd service! Btw, they ve 2 branches at BKK - Sukhumvit (2mths old) and Rachadapisek. Went to the latter one but abit hard to find. They opened from 10am till midnite n last booking is 10pm.

Andreal and littlefoot,
I dun think you can finish shopping at Suan Lum in one nite leh. The place is very big and its like mini Chatuchak. Personally like the place cos its much neater and not so hot but price more X. Also, there are food centre, rest, pubs n cafes. Quite happening!

Little foot, Gayson Plaza is high end shopping centre. Nothing much and price not much diff or more x as compared to singapore.

Andreal and those staying at Eastin,
If you ve the time, dun go to the massage outside Eastin cos its more costly (250 baht for 1hr, 400 baht for 2 hrs) and not v good. If you walk further out there are alot @ 139 baht per hr! We tried M@B Pratunam Massage and cos we in big group, we oni paid 128 baht for 1hr and its very gd!

For those going to Pratunam, you gals can try Indra Square. Aircon, reasonable price and better quality clothings. For those who staying at Eastin, when you out of the hotel, you will see 7-11. Turn right at 7-11, go all the way straight till T junction dan turn left. You will see a overhead bridge shortly after you walk straight. The bridge will link to Indra Square. If you going to the above massage, instead of talkin the overhead, you go all the way straight.

Oh you can try the wantan mee ops Grand Diamond hotel! Yum yum...

For those going to MBK, there is a link bridge to another shoppin centre. I didnt ve the time to go to the shopping centre but my col said its worth going.

Oops, time to stop. Gals, ve fun ya!

sugarbabe

hi andreal, me oso thinking of relaxing by Eastin's pool leh but dono gt enuff time for relaxing nt?? hahaha..... And oso the lounge so nice.. Mayb i tell the recep there, i'm there for honeymoon see whether gt 'special' nt?? haha notti me..... heehee

BTW, frm Eastin hw to go to Suan Lum?? by cab or bts??

dear_dear

Hi,

For those who are planning to go to BKK during CNY. I have ask my colleagues over there in BKK, they told me that they should be closed from Feb 6-10. Most should be re-opened on Feb 11 or Feb 13.

Sorry for passing the information late.

littlefoot

Thanks ohstrawberry!! Read that Wat Pho's massage is good as it is a training school or something like that..

I think i'll go to Body Tune or Marble House instead..

Thanks zenn!

I think i'll skip Gayson Plaza then.. Since there's nothing much there and the prices are more ex..

btw.. is Eastin Hotel better or Asia Hotel? Am still deciding on which Hotel to take as i've already cancelled Baiyoke Sky's Booking..

littlefoot

i find that for location wise, asia is better. but how bt for service and room wise? i read that asia's lighting is very dim and rooms are dim too. any reviews for these 2 hotels?

sputnik

Hi,

Need some help on going to Bangkok. I was thinking of going on the weekend of 19/20 Feb 05, but am worried that the shops may not be opened as it is still within the 15 days of Chinese New Year. Can anyone advise?

zenn

Hi sugar & Littlefoot,

You are most welcome!

Littlefoot, location wise Asia hotel is more convenient. However, for my 4days in BKK, we either walk or took a cab. Cab range from 50-70 baht averagely so if you divide out its not v costly. Room in Eastin is spacious and clean...

Btw, there are actually alot of spa in Sukhumvit area...

andreal

zenn!
haha wah u really got a vivid memory of all directions etc hor. Btw is there anything to see ard Bloomingspa area? Hw did u get there?
Yup! Suan Lum got an entertainment stage..very relax hor. For us still okie cos mayb we knew what to lok for over there so kinda walk faster *grin*
Hey thks. act. the one opp. Eastin very ex, we nvr go there. The massage u had is the norm massage rite? cos ours is 2hrs 'OIL' massage ard 500bht only..consider quite cheap
happy.gif
But there's really quite a few as u walk down the streets so can slowly see and try.

Sugarbabe,
u bery notti hor, aiya too bad mi cant use this method cos fren and sis tag along :p I make sure i go for a dip in Eastin swimming pool b4 leaving bkk...dun care. we always take cab to Suan Lum, cos most of time ard 6pm..legs sng till cant walk liao lol

berry,
thks so much
happy.gif

littlefoot,
mi felt the same as zenn, location wise Asia is beta cos got bts which will make transport cheaper and faster. However I v. particular abt sweaty smell (just been honest) and another thing is pickpocket esp very crowd & cramp in train.
Reason why i choose Eastin is, after divide out the cab fare is not that costly oso. And ard Eastin got 7-11, supper, massage many shops. And of cos the last reason i wun choose Asia is bcos.....tos things lor Ahmmm..

sugarbabe

hi andreal, haha notti notti me!! ;p

sputnik, I think those shops have already been opened by then, me gg on the 11/2!! *so excited*

littlefoot

wanted to stay in Eastin after reading all those comments bt Eastin.. haha.. but Eastin is already full liao.. hai.. no choice.. gotta stay in Asia.. hope everything goes well...

princessjen

<font size="+1">Hi littlefoot,</font>

Its ok tat u stay in Asia..BTS jus next to the hotel beri fang bian mah..i stayed there b4 not to worry..hw many of u going?

<font size="+1">Dear Gals</font>

Those who are going to BKK between nw til 14feb better attack Central..refer to the promotion below..i manage to get 30% &amp; 50% coupons for my last 2 trips in 03&amp;04..wah tat time like mad woman keep buyg more bcos for e disc coupons we hv..except for lingerie,they wil accept up to 15% disc coupons depending on e brand..

<font color="ff0000">Central Let's Celebrate 2005</font>

<font color="ff0000">20 December 2004 - 14 February 2005
Let's Celebrate Continues! Spend 800.-* &amp; draw 10 – 50% discount coupon good for next purchase of regular – priced items.** Today till Feb. 14, 2005 Special! Today – Jan. 3, 2005, every 2,500.-* charged with Mastercard, get 5 discount coupons. @ Every Central Store and newest branch, Phuket *Except non-participating brands &amp; vendors (see “Not participating in promotion” signs at sales counter). / **Includes participating brands &amp; purchases @ ZeenZone, B2S, Marks &amp; Spencer, &amp; Supersports (branches @ Central only); purchases must be made within one day &amp; branch. *** Excluding Samsung Plasma 42" + DVD, please check discount at Gift Exchange Counter.</font>

All of u here making me soooo excited..Andreal, i wil update u on KING &amp; I should i pop by there..

littlefoot

hi ladies,

my departure from bangkok is at Bangkok International Airport Terminal 2. so, do i just tell the driver that? will they understand that? or do i have to say something else?

zenn

Hi andreal,

Haha cos just came back so still remember! I went to the branch at Rachadapisek. There is a Lotus shopping mall ops but we didnt go. Would suggest you gals to go to Sukhumvit branch. Think more things there n Cabbage n Condom rest is somewhere there rite?

littlefoot

Hi pjen,

i'm going with my bf.. both of us has never been to bangkok before.. hence, i'm trying to research more so that i will not look lost there.. hehe..

princessjen

Yeah yeah cabbage &amp; comdoms is jus round the corner at sukhumvit rd.

<font color="0000ff">hi littlefoot,</font>

yr package DIY one har?if u takg cab jus tell driver terminal 2,they wil understand..anyway their terminal not like our airport in SG so far apart..Their T1 &amp; 2 is on the same landmark, one long stretch..

dun worry u wont b lost,most plcs u intend to go r along BTS line..
mayb u can skip robinson,sogo..not much things to buy cos high end shopping centre..Isetan &amp; Zen is inside WTC..since u plan to go emporium,u can makan at cabbage &amp; condoms after tat spa @ KING &amp; I..
240067.gif

littlefoot

hi pjen,

yahz.. DIY one.. the price seems to be bt the same as taking package from tour agency..

hmm.. okie.. think i'll skip sogo and robinson then.. how bt emporium? is it worth going?

anyone knows what time Suan Lum Night Bazzaar closes? as in what time all the stalls start packing up? not sure if i can squeeze in 2 nights to go there...

zenn

Hi pjen,
Oh you mean King &amp; I is a spa? I thought it's those traditional massage? Aiya shd ve go to King &amp; I then!

Hi littlefoot,
Most of the stores close at Suan Lum close at around 12am...

princessjen

<font color="0000ff">Hi zenn,</font>

Yup King &amp; I is a nice spa...went in to take a look beri nice..bt din hv time to do massages cos me n hubby gobbles nice nice food in cabbage n condoms...hehe..next time u plan to go there la

<font color="ff6000">Hi littlefoot,</font>

no harm going to emporium cos can find gd buy in e dept store..the rest of the shops are all branded goods &amp; their hm country high end brands..got kinokuniya/tower records oso..dun 4get to attack Central(my main aim 4 tis trip)
lame.gif
..ohhh 1 more thing,i realise shops in suan lum close earlier than 12am leh..cos e shop owners dun wana missed their last train @ 11 or 11.30pm..cant rem

zenn

Hi pjen,

Yes yes, ve put down in my list. Will definately go the next time hee

Central? You mean central departmental or ?

littlefoot

thanks zenn &amp; pjen!!

oh yah, i am planning to bring just a small bag to put my stuffs and get luggage from bangkok.. is it advisable to do that? are their luggage cheap at all?

thanks!!

peiyi

hi ,

anyone know i to go chinatown from arnoma hotel??
If by cab, anyone knows how much taxi charge??

Thank you

zenn

Hi peggy,

Depending on wat time cos evening mayb abit jam but averagely cab fare ranges from 50-70 baht. B4 you get into cab, ask if the driver knows the place you are going and also ask if its by meter.

celtricia

hey ladies..

juz got bak frm bangkok... stayed in Baiyoke Sky.. nothing happen n everything is great as they upgrade me to sky zone's junior suite without additional charges.. lots of tourist stayed there too.. dun c any cracks or feel unsafe at all.. so littlefoot.. tink its not a problem to continue wif ur stay there.. been to chatuchak.. not much time to shop.. but a well worth shopping trips as i've bought lots of things i nided there.. better wear some loose clothes coz in the noon it'll get pretty hot.. but its only at ard 11 plus (BKK time) dat all shops r open.. so no point going early..
wink.gif
anyway.. Baiyoke Sky is great! so is their breakfast n service staff.. also another thing to note.. dun get the airport transfer frm the airport.. they charge 700baht (1-way).. n if go by expressway got to pay 20 baht per tollway.. so better check wif ur hotel hw much they charge d transfer first coz Baiyoke only charge me 570baht plus tollway fee for my trip to airport today.. whh is much cheaper..
happy.gif

zenn

Hi blueblue,

I copy this somewhere, hope its correct :
Cabbages and Condoms
10 Sukhumvit Soi 12
(11am -10pm Daily)

princessjen

<font color="0000ff">Hi blueblue,</font>

Here's the direction to cabbage &amp; condoms..something funny after they give back u yr change after meal,they will give 1 person 1 condom each...
lol.gif

<font color="ff0000">Take BTS to Asok Station. Get out from e Times Sq exit. Continue walking until u pass an overhead bridge. Turn left at the next small lane &amp; u will see e big signage Massage &amp; Spa, just 5mins walk,beri deep in</font>

Here's the webby to blooming spa..can go to sukhumvit branch which is nearer..

http://www.bloomingspa.com/location.html

<font color="aa00aa">hi littlefoot,</font>

y dun u jus bring a <font size="+1">big</font> luggage there?then can stuff lotsa things in e luggage n bring sports bag there jus in case luggage no space..tats wat i always do..

princessjen

<font color="0000ff">hi zenn</font>

yup Central is the dept store lor..i always go to the outlet in chidlom cos can walk from Arnoma &amp; e largest outlet i think..

peiyi

hi gals,

i have a problem need your gals help me.

This topic is out of our bangkok trip.

anyone or your friends / relatives have 3/4rooms HDB/Apartment wan to rent? i rent it. But i dun wan through any agents.

I am looking area at : Geylang, aljuined, sim drive, lavendar, kallang, enuos.

Thank you

sugarbabe

hi gals, erm confused by emporium n central leh.. r they the same place?? Think last trip i went to emporium then nthing to buy so after awhile onli,we walked out of the building.. heehee

bubble_low

Hi,

For those who went to BloomingSpa, can i know whether which svcs are good (scrub, massage) and the price ? Is the price relatively cheaper than others. I'm going during cny. Thks.

zenn

Hi gals...

Low,
The price for scrub, wrap n massage n 1000baht each but if you doing scrub or wrap + massage, they ve a package for 1800 baht.

Few other spas which you can consider are :

1) Spa Buri
The Residence Hotel
588/1 Petchburi Road, Rajtaevee
Bangkok 10400 Thailand
www.spaburi.com

2) Sareerarom Tropical Spa
117 Thonglor Soi 10, Sukhumvit 55, Wattana, Bangkok 10110 Thailand
- http://www.spa-in-asia.com/index.cfm?menuid=100
- http://avenu.net/gallery/th/beauty/sareerarom/index.html

3) Waiskan, House of Spa
31/1 Soi Phrom, Sukhumvit 30 Road, Wattana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
Tel : +662 662 3838

Sugarbabe,
Emporium &amp; Central are 2 other departmental stores. Emporium is at Sukhumvit n Central is near '4 main fou' - can buy alot of undergarments at central hee

Peggy,
Sorry could help...

Pjen,
Seems like Central got more things then World Trade?

littlefoot

hi celtricia,

thanks.. but i've already cancelled my room at Baiyoke Sky and paid for Asia Hotel.. will try Baiyoke Sky next time..

hi pjen,

yahz.. thinking of bringing a big empty luggage there since their luggage are more ex.. hehe.. coz tot theirs will be much cheaper..