Anyone Migrating to Australia?

emerjo

Andrea, how did your sis manage to get a job there while she's still in SG? Most jobs on the net stated that the applicant must be Citizen, PR, or have valid work permit (with residency). Please advise. What work arena is your hubby in? Which state will u b going?

Lawlee, u r soooo lucky. We r not prepared to have the co-applicant to take that test, so we got to wait longer for this b4 we can submit all the documents for the final approval. Who is your case officer? I heard my agent told me that mine is a new fellow.

I hope we get the approval by this yr. If what Blue says is true...gosh we got to be stay 4 yrs out 5.

Blue, thanks for the scanned doc info. It's definitely a fantastic lead. I also admire that your process is so so fast. Who is your case officer?

When things go well, I hope my hubby can secure a job there first, however ultimately I hope we can start some kind of business.

Anyone is migrating with children?

nnchander

Hi Foggy,
If I remember correctly, my sister responded to an ad on one of the online recruitment websites. She has a PR too, so it wasn't difficult for her to apply for one. She's been there for more than two years now.

My husband is in administrative work.. We will be settling in Perth. Will be going with our boys. By the time we are there, they will be about one-and-a-half and three-and-a-half years. So will only put them at child care for the time being

7ll

Blue, thanks for the info, think we will ask her permission before we do so, diff ppl diff style...play save

Foggy, that time actually i intend to seperate one cos havent married, but hor, 1 person apply cost us abt 2k, 2 person also abt the same, only the true copies being certify by the lawyer play abit different, hehe...so, apply together lor...

I better dont use singlish too often
happy.gif

by the way, which year did your all graduate? my hub was from curtin year 2001, i suspend may be some of us/partner knowing each other...haha

syl123

Hi All,

So glad to have found this forum!!!

Thanks for sharing all information and all your expriences. I hope they do not change the rule to "4 out of 5".

As mentioned, I am now waiting for my skills assessment and sitting for IELTS soon. I am the main application cos my profesion in MODL. We were advised by migration agents that we spoke with that my hb gotta sit for IELTS too, so we are sitting for it together. We are deciced to do the application ourselves to cut costs, so need all the advice and help that we can get from all of you! : )

We are hoping to go to Melbourne or Brisbane, but it all depends on where we can find jobs.
We will be moving over with our 5 yr old boy too.

It took us a long time to decide if we would like to move cos we do not have any close friends or relatives there. To leave everything behind and start from scratch over there is scary!

Have a good week ahead everyone!

emerjo

Andrea, hmm... looks like can only apply after the PR is granted...hor?

I'm not a graduate from Australia, but my hb is - Monash (Melbourne). That's why we prefer to go back there if things go well. Anyone going there? we can 'kaki'. Less frightening to be facing the new challenge all on our own.

Lawlee, so r u married now? I supposed you must have at least gone thru ROM.

Sylvia, yeah... it's a relief to have a common place for all the like-minded people to share. It's definitely not an easy decison to uproot ourselves, especially so for those with children. Which migration agent did u go to?

vvbbb

Hi Sylvia,

it's def cheaper to DIY the application and it's not that hard. Especially you could get advice from those who just did theirs recently.

I tried to migrate to Sydney a few years ago and didn't really like it. Feel abit scared thinking abt going there again, but hopefully with hubby this time it'll be better. I think it'll be good for our future children over there, less stressful.

Foggy,
Where are you planning to go? Melbourne? My hubby prefers Melbourne too, although he studied in Brisbane. But most likely we'll go to Sydney coz I could get job easier in Sydney (Banking sector) compared to Melbourne.

Btw, does anybody know if childcare centre readily available in Australia?

7ll

Hi foggy, yes, we just married in June, we need to show them our COM like what we had stated in the 1st stage of application. everything run fast after i found out that my then bf mentioned that we will tie the knot in june 06, cause that time alredy Dec 05, he skip the propose!!! then i must quickly hunting for hotel, bridal package & etc, ppl who doesn't know thought we are short gun...

Ya, it is a tough decision if we want to move over, leaving family, friends, the things we are comfartable with.... to me, still ok lor....cause i'm not s'porean, use to be a quiter before, now again..haha...i'm sorry

barbapapa

Hi vvv,

The part about sending the doc via email is during the last stage where my case officer asked for the scanned copies of police certificates. The rest of the documents needed to send via snail mail.

Dunno what to do when i'm over there.Hopefully some office job. ha ha...starting a business can be a hassle. i heard frm my fren that there are a lot of red tape if u wanna start one.

we chose perth bcos we are comfortable with the lifestyle over there. We do not like sydney, too complicated.

barbapapa

hi lawlee,

we both also fm curtin. graduating in yr 2000 and 2001 respectively.

i hope you got ur application approved soon. maybe we can plan to move together. ha ha ha....

syl123

Dear all,

Need advice:
From the application form we are required to submit Military discharge papers......
"If you, or anyone included in your application, is a former member of the armed forces, you will need to send a certified copy of the military discharge papers"

--> anyone has any idea what this is whether we can request it from Mindef?

THANKS!!!

mngo

foggy i'm migrating with my ds (aka dear son).
i think i hv to report him to mindef before we move over

7ll

Hi, than you all & my hub probably knowing each other, haha..it is not convenient put his name here, & his grad in mechanical engineering.

we will start visit Aust once our visa approve, need to check their job market, properties condition & etc, but if approve in 2007 which the regulation change to 4 out of 5, then our plan will change as well, means no matter what we must go over by 2007 lor.

Gals, keep in touch!!

merci

hi gals
i also graduated from curtin.... but in year 1999. did anyone of u get referral ltr from your co? if so what to tell them? coz i dont want to let my boss that i'm migrating...

barbapapa

Hi Sylvia,

The laws change 4 out of 5 is for the PR....but i not sure whether will they implement that or not.....cross ur fingers that it is not loh.

barbapapa

hi lawlee,

dun think i know ur husband lar. i'm in busines faculty. and my husband is in design. but yeah, do keep in touch. Let me know once ur PR is approved, hor! We always take it that if the applicant has proceeded to 2nd stage, most likely the applicants will get their PR liao. so i think yours will be soon!

syl123

Hi Eileen,

Is it possible to get the letter from HR?
Could you just mention that for it is for "personal reasons"? : )

barbapapa

eileen,

i got my referral letter from my current company. Luckily my HR dept is tight lipped and i persuaded the HR executive not to disclose anything.

just tell ur HR that you need a status letter for immigration purposes. Tell them to list down number of hrs worked, mthly salary and whether the job is full time or part time (v. impt!) and years of service.

barbapapa

by the way, for those who are still in begining stages of application, i got a lawyers template on statutory declaration. so if anybody wants that template, let me know!

emerjo

Wow...this place is getting HOT....i like it.

Viv, our top choice is Melbourne...but again it depends on the job market. It seems like Sydney has more demand for our skill sets. As for Childcare, there are plenty there. We did some 'racky' when we were in Perth last year. The pre-schools settings are quite like ours here. Think you can source for the contacts from the internet to make appointments to meet them to understand the centres.

Lawlee!!!!..So u r a newly wed....Congrats!! I got a friend who is also planning migration to AU, was from Curtin in 2002. Mayb you guys know each other.

Sylvia, the Military discharge paper is actually the certification to reflect completion of NS. All RODs should have this cert. I’m not sure whether you can get from Mindef.

Mngo, how old is your son? I heard that you need to deposit a lump sum of money (i think about $30K) before he’s allowed to leave SG.

syl123

Thanks foggy for your reply. Aiyah...really doubt that my hb kept that letter!

Blue, what is the statutory declaration for? Thanks for offering it to us! Can send to my email address: [email protected]? Thanks!!!

For bond for mindef is for boys above a certain age right? My boy is 5 years old now. If we move within the next couple of years, should be ok right?

mngo

Foggy
My son is very small. heee.. he is 2 years old.
Actually hor~~~ since he is so small, he might as well be OZ citizen lor. so no nid to pay the stupid $30k. and i think 30k applies to boys leaving singapore after age of 7

barbapapa

Hi lawlee,

Eh my situation almost same as you. got ROM very soon and use the marriage cert to apply for application since single applicant and 2 applicants costs the same amt. In fact sometimes i think we get marriage cert just for the PR application only. ha ha ha...

you not sporean? Where you from?

Me also quite apprehensive on moving there eventhough i stayed there for 3 yrs. think i'm getting to comfortable in spore liao. really need to rough it out in the country.

slyvia, the statutory declaration is a letter that you need to certify that you are in spore at the time the application is made. not sure if u need it. i will paste it in the link tomorrow for everyone in case anyone wants to use.

barbapapa

any idea what jobs to take there?

i went online ninemsn.com.au and there a lot of jobs.....but none suitable for me....only a couple.....sianz..

syl123

Dear all....sorry ah so many questions.
Just reading through the Form 47SK and preparing the application.

Q52 Have you...previously been to Australia, held or currently hold a visa for travel to Australia?

If Yes, give details:
Full Name:
Purpose of stay:
Date of arrival:
Date of departure:
Visa Number:

===> Have visited australia 3 times in total on holiday. Do I have to indicate those trips?
How do I find out the visa number? Not sure whether I even have the dates of the travel because it was in my old passport and I don't have anymore. HOW???

barbapapa

hi sylvia,

as for the trips to holiday. how far back? i think they asking for past 1 year. you should have those documents.

if you dun have the doc, you can try to give a credible explanation.

merci

Blue
Tks for the template. Actually the accessing authority - VETASSES did said that we need to produce this statutory declaration, but in the end I didnt submit this letter and they also give me the approval letter for my skills. FYI.

merci

Blue
when did yr husband graduated. My hubby also gradudated from school of design... but in year 1998. i wonder if they knw each other....

barbapapa

hi eileen,

my husband graduated in 2001. maybe dunno each other.
happy.gif

now working hard man....earn money.

my friend told me that we need at least AUD 10,000 to survive the first month. these will include home rental, internet setup and maybe a car.

Time taken to get a job will range anytime from 1 to 3 months.

cross my fingers that i can get a job.

7ll

Hi blue, i am from penang M'sia, S'pore PR for 7 years, & now hoping i can get the OZ PR, greedy hor? I told my hub, if next time we are not happy in Aust, thn may apply the canada PR, haha...ya,we try to save $$$$ as much as we can before going over, unlike last time studying, he have parent alwayssss support him. now must independance, this is one of the reason why i wanna migrate.

Btw, yesterday my hub went to collect our CNCC, he found out that the official forgot to sign his copy, so need to go back & collect again,haiz...cant imagine if ppl apply from oversea...

merci

i rang mindef and was told that the military discharge letter was given at ROD time. this cert is call "certificate of service) - (COA). i think we can request them to reprint if we misplaced it. but will need to provide them with below info :

(1) rank
(2) vocation
(3) unit

syl123

Dear Eileen,

Thanks! I searched yesterday for the miliatry discharge letter and found it.Phew!!!
How's putting together the application coming along?....you are ahead of me cos I'm still waiting for my skills assessment letter. Expect to receive it only in nov.

Dear Blue and Lawlee,
Yeah....we are saving hard too.....we have a little one, so will need more $$$!!!

Here's a webisite I found on the cost of living in australia.
http://www.aussiemove.com/aus/costlive.asp

barbapapa

hi Lawlee,

Still can consider canada some more ah? ha ha ha....i heard for canada u need to master french.
Anyway me got a lot of things to do this month. My wedding is this month.

The PR application just come as relief to us. Took a load off our minds. Now concentrating on the details of the wedding. after which is saving real hard for tough life ahead! ha ha

emerjo

I read from other migration forums and understood that some people have had Internal Check after submitting the medical & CNCC (PCC). In my understanding, the check is performed by external parties to confirm the employment status. I wonder anyone has that experience or know anything about it?

Blue, Andrea were you asked to submit the taxation documents along with the medical receipt, IELTS result, CNCC to your CO?

emerjo

viv, what do you mean by "tried to migrate to Sydney a few years ago"? Do you actually came back to SG? Why don't you like Sydney? Care to share?

barbapapa

Foggy,

Dun understand your questions. I did submit my CPF statements as evidence of working in a company to DIMA. But what do you mean by CO? which Co are you referring to? What kind of internal check?

barbapapa

foggy ,

If you are in doubt, you can always ask your case officer or your agent. Are you using an agent or doing the application yourself?

My application is very straightforward leh. How come yours so complicated?

emerjo

Blue, I also submitted my CPF statements when I 1st launch the application. This time other than the medi, CNCC & IELTS, I also need to submit the taxation documents (Income Tax statements for the last 3 years). Nobody seems to be talking about it, so I wonder is it in my case only. Aiyah...CO means Case Officer.

As for Internal Check...I only got to know of this via some other migration forum. Just curious does it happen to Singaporean anot.

Hmm... yeah... I'll be passing the documents to my agent this evening. I'll b asking her for clarification lor. Will let u all know.

7ll

Hi Foggy, i also cant understand your question, sorry ah, cant help you, we only comply to whatever they request, no more no less, hehe...

Blue, congrat!!!! last time my MIL also want our wedding to posphone to Sept or Oct, cos everthing too rush. Anyway,you must be very exited la,enjoy ya.

syl123

Blue....congratulations on your upcoming wedding

Foggy, yeah I read on the other forums (britishexpats) that they do internal checks with the current employer. Since the rest have not experienced it, hopefully it doesn't apply to applications from Singapore.

U all submitted CPF statement with your applications? Is it ok to have the statement printed from the website? Does it mean that if we submit CPF statement, we need not submit pay slips?

vvbbb

Foggy,

Ya, i got my PR and went to Sydney , all with only AUD 5K. Almost broke after 2 mths and resorted to applying job in kitchen job (i've never cooked in my whole life!). Lucky the following day I got interview and got the job on the same day (contract job), and the following month, I got another permanent job.

But after 1 yr, I preferred SG so went back lor. Dunno why I didn't survive but i have lotsa theory. Maybe coz i was single, and SG is more happening and safe for a single chinese gal
happy.gif
Maybe i keep looking back to my life in SG and keep finding the bad things in Sydney compared to SG. Also got some funny, some bad experiencesin Sydney...eg, kena scolded loudly in bus, kena scolded loudly in the beach, kena scolded loudly in office *shudder*.. Really need to be tough mentally, otherwise kena bullied by the ang moh there. Much like Gina in the America's Top Model

So next time i'm going there (4-5yrs later hopefully), i hope it'll be better and tougher (i still have a bit of phobia) now that i'm going with my big-sized husband hehehe..... and I'll try not to look back and not compare Sydney to SG too much. My goal moving to OZ is to raise kids there.

Does anybody know if parents visiting us in OZ, how many months they can stay there? *cheekily* i may need my parents help to help me raise kids and clean my house hehehe.....

barbapapa

Hi Slyvia and Foggy,

Initially i submitted my payslips for previous jobs i had however i got other jobs which i lost the pay slips so the only way to prove that i was working was to provide my CPF statements. DIMA requested for tax statements after 9mths i submitted my initial docs. And yes i printed my CPF statements from the internet and got it certified by the lawyer.

Maybe your agent is trying to be safe by asking you to get everything ready so that DIMA will not ask for any extra docs. better to provide more than less.

barbapapa

vvv,

how come you kenna scolding by the aussie in the office?

now i wonder if i go for office job in aus will i get the same treatment? ha ha...but i think i will scold them back in chinese if they really do that to me.