Any good SEAMSTRESS to recommend ?

zann

hi Marilyn,

I have asked before but in case miss it, here is my email [email protected]
Thanks in advance!!
happy.gif

yamiyogurt

marilyn,

thanks for sending me the links. i love ur pink EG !!!!! it looks fantastic on u manz.... how much did that cost u ?

marilyn_chh

Hi all,
A few of you ask me the cost of my 2 dresses. My EG cost me $400 inclusive of the material and workmanship. My teadress only cost me $200 inclusive material and fabric!! Read from other threads that some reputable seamstresses charge more than 800 for a CS! I think mine really very very reasonable. Don't you think?
happy.gif

lux

Hi Marilyn,

Thanks for the photos!

I love your pink gown! May I remark it really looks great on you!!

Just one thing.. how did you come out with the design 'blueprint' for Kim? did you draw it out manually or cut it out from magazine?

Thansk again!!!

marilyn_chh

Hi Kysha,
You've got mail!

Ling,

Thanks thanks! Like fashion design a lot and have been flipping thru tons of fashion magazines and bridal magazines since years ago! Hehhe...

For the top, I got the inspiration from a vera wang gown and the layered trains from some bridal gowns. After that, I drew it out for Kim and dicussed with her the design. Sometimes, what you design is just not feasible to be made and hence have to make adjustment from there. I don't know how to sew so Kim will advise on the cutting and the placement of darts and things like that..

Of course, I also brought the magazine cuttings for her to see to give her a feel of my style. Materials really play a big part for a gown. So, you must get the right material and right color for your body tone. I'm blessed to choose the right one with Kim's help.

mehmeh_lim

Hi Marilyn

This is a delayed big THANK YOU!
Wow, you've got fantastic legs and complexion
I don't think I've got the guts for your tea dress
I think Kim really did wonderful, and unique gowns for you. The tea dress is really sweet, kinda like a ballerina! The EG is also outstanding, like the haute couture ones
happy.gif

Enjoy your days as a newly-wed

hfchia

Hi Zann & Flotan,

I am also sourcing for a CS too. Can you send me ur CS photos as well as the seamstress contact?

Can you also tell me how much does it cost?

Thanks a lot

rolly_polly

Hi Marilyn,

Yes, I agree wif the rest of the girls u have gorgeous legs...hehhe...Me will never be able to wear such a short dress...cos I've a pig's leg...hahah

hfchia

Hi zann, so sorry to trouble you but when i click on the photo it does not open the link. Can u sent me a pic instead?

hfchia

Hi Zann,

Thanks for sending me the information again.

You look so slim and the CS is great. Is it a bareback one? Do you also included a lining inside?

Do you have difficulty sitting down, i tried a few off the rack ones but they all seems so tight, got to pull up the dress in order to sit.

Thanks again for the photo.

zann

christine,

You are right, it is low back one. i have just sent u a view of the back. Check yr mail. Yes, my seamstress put in the lining for me. She used a matching colour lining. I did not get the lining myself.

Hmm, i have tried sitting and kneeling, no difficulty and is not tight.

josie

hi marilyn ,

thank for sharing the beautiful photo and i love your short short cheongsam ...can i know how many months in advance i need to inform kim ...as my AD in SEPT next year ...and going tailor my mum dress too !!

zenith

hi all! i'm new here. will be ROM beginning of next yr if i manage to get my flat. now looking ard for ROM dress. zann & marilyn, can u pls send me yr pics to see? thanx a lot! my email add is :[email protected]