Any good recommendation for facial IPL?

shower

oh, forget to post the addy:

Blk 190 Toa Payoh Lorong 6 #01-590
Singapore 310190
General Enquiries: 63563633
Fax: 63562622

its near kfc... beside a kofi shop...

those interested can email me at [email protected], i can give u the private email of the doc.. den u all can get a foc consultation via email and clear any doubts that u have....
happy.gif

mikiko

pinkieoreo
nope. got my umbrella from isetan. its quite small .... not really pretty. just plain red. but its not the ordinary type of red.

yah. i got that book too! hehehehe ...... but i didn't really follow the tips inside lah. you got follow ah?

shower
tks for the info! got a question. in the 1st place, what was the problem you had on your face?

pinkieoreo

Hi mikiko
Oh i dun follow. I came to know about that bk as i used to work in Khiel's and alot of customers came flocking in the store looking for the cucumber toner lor as what Da S had claim khiel's cucumber helps to shrink pores.TskTsk..shrug..anyway

Hi shower,
Oh..so u can opt for a one session or 3 session.
thanks shower for the informations.
happy.gif

oceandip

Hi Shower

How did you find the FPL treatment? Any improvement? What kind of improvement and is it immediate? Sorry so many question. But I'm quite keen. Thanks!

shower

yupe! definitely better! pores are smaller and overall skin smoother! results take a few daes to see... not magical or immediate lah.. i did once every fornight den after improvement, once every mth.... maybe will do lesser ltr on...

i oso use the clinic products for best results.. the whole set cost only $168 can last fer quite long.. but u dun have to buy if u dun wan to...

if u r reallie keen, i can give u the doc email and u juz ask him directly lor.. he is quite nice and not pushy one... dun worrie..

but u have to email mi at [email protected] coz i dun haf permission to post the doc's email here...

oceandip

Hi Shower

Thanks for the information. I'm glad to hear of the improvement in your skin! You have convinced me! I've decided to pay the doc a visit! I've also got big pores, but my problems does not stop there...
sad.gif
I've also got terribly oily skin and many whiteheads and clogged pores. Occassional bombastic pimples as well... >cry! cry!< Hope FPL can help too. (fingers crossed!)

mikiko

hi oceandip

pls share your experience after your visit.
happy.gif
i oso got big pores ....... the pores actually got smaller after my IPL treatment but i itchy hand went to press the whiteheads. after dat the pores didn't close back anymore!
sad.gif

pinkieoreo

hey mikiko

Beyond beauty now having this CNY promotion. The IPL treatment is 18 bucks. Err..i called to book an appointment for the trial session. But still abit jittery leh. Hmm..wat u think? U heard any feed backs about this beauty saloon b4?

mikiko

hi pinkieoreo

no. i've not heard of the saloon. anyway, i dun really trust beauty saloons. they hard sell too much and dunno whether the people there are qualified or not. but i heard that in singapore only qualified doctors can condut laser treatment so IPL by a non-doctor should be safe (?) i'm nor sure ......

pinkieoreo

Hi mikiko

Yea i noe beauty salon do berri sales driven. But i doubt i will sign up package with them so was wondering if it be safe to go for IPL at the salon as i read incidents from the papers that customers were burned during IPL treatment. So i'm abit..crossing my finger. But the price for trial is really tempting. Hmm..hee hee

shower

Hi Oceandip!

I have email u the contacts so u can contact the dr directly...
happy.gif

Let us know the progress ok?
happy.gif

mikiko

hi pinkieoreo

yah .... i must agree $18 per treatment is REALLY very attractive. but dun think i'll take up the offer cos i rather be safe than sorry .....

keann

Hi Shower,
Wat's FPL?

i did IPL with Dr Loh at deep skin theraphy.
Overall ok...mainly for freckles.
But keen on anything that will make the skin smoother ...

keann

Hi pinkeoreo,
IPL does not require (was asking the nurse when i was doing IPL) qualified doctors to perform. I think that's why many salons are able to do it..just buy the equipment.

shower

hi keann... FPL is an advanced type of IPL.. onli done by certified docs.. u can go to the webby and chk.. or email the doc if u r keen.. i have tried it and am quite happie w results...
happy.gif

shower

aniwae, keann, u r rite that both beauticians and docs can do ipl.. but there is a cut off fer beauticians.. meaning they cannot use ipl machines that use a wavelength of more than a certain level..

so most of the time, doing ipl at clinics are better coz u save money and time.. i was reading this article saying hw ridiculous it is of some salon to ask customers to sign up more than 20X of ipl juz to remove hairs.. coz usu, if the wavelength is right, 3 to 5 is enuff...

and oso, beauticians cannot use needles, so onli docs can do mesotherapy, unless the salon hire a doc.. beauticians in spore can never never use needles..

so ladies, let yur kids be a doc next time! do botox, fillers, ipl and etc.. sure earn big bucks man!!!

endaz

Hi ladies,
I would like to know if IPL can actually cure dark spots on the face? I have some dark spots think its from too much sun ..and would like to remove them. Any advice?
Tks

pinkieoreo

Hi Keann
Thanks for the infor..yea basically past daes been dng mucha research about IPL procedures and also reading many feedbacks and comments posted by various ladies in major beauty forum. I'm still tinking shld I go menz..it's abit frightening to be cornered by consultants to sign ridiculous and actrocious salon packages. Hmm..so i beta all of u guys wld really advised me to saved that amount of $ and consult a professional doc instead yea? But i'm still a student..whaha..so..tsk tsk..

pinkieoreo

Hi shower
Thanks for the doc's webby. Wah..they do patch test..hmm i'm considering shld i pay the clinic a visit. U were mentioning lunch time treatment wld costs 168 bucks yea? Anyway i will be calling the clinic to check out the treatment fee and may drop the doc an email to clarify my quries lor. Thanks!

mikiko

pinkieoreo
yah, its quite costly, especially if you are a student. wat about using concealer if the problem is not really that serious?

hi shower
i didn't know that beautician could only do IPL up to a certain wavelength but i've heard of clinics where doctors also make patients sign up packages of 4 treatments, etc. after calculating, think i prefer to pay a little more per treatemnt and see faster results than sign up packages.

shower

hi pinkieoreo! u r welcome!

i have no idea abt the patch test actuallie coz i have neva done b4.. wat izzit for huh? test for alleRgy? den it shd be cheaper dan NSC bah..

yes, lunch time promo is 168/session, but den i tink u cannot choose doc lor.. can onli take whoever is on duty den.. dunnoe nw still got dis promo or not..

i am going down dis fri evening.. to accompany my fren and her mum... anione wanna come?

pinkieoreo

Hi shower,
Ohh..actually there shld be a patch test conducted prior to any first time treatment.And,on the clinic webby it did recommended patch test to determined any skin allergy lor.
I wld love to join u menz. But i got someting on
in the evening. Oh regarding the promotion, when was that?

Hi Mikiko,
Actually my freckles is not serious. Just two mini ones located near my eye. I tink i'm just making a hoo haa out of it. hee hee hmm perhaps i shld just save up first lor. N rely on whitening products. But i guess it's more of the curiosity to wana try the IPL thing lor..n see how the effect is gna be like on skin.

shower

Hi pinkieoreo,

no prob if u cant make it on dis fri.. i stay quite near the clinic so i can accompany u next time if the timming is ok...

as for the promo, i tink it is ongoing still.. $168/session during lunch break... u can call dem or email the doc to enquire...
happy.gif

pinkieoreo

Hi Shower

Thanks for the sweet suggestion. Yea i will try to save up for this treatment. Hee..
happy.gif

Will make enquries soon.
happy.gif

yuyan

hi gals~

I would like to ask whether IPL helps 4 hyperpigmentation? Cuz i'v read tat some said its 4 normal pigmentation... is hyperpigmentation consider normal? i got a big problem due too sunburn many years back~ v sad cannot find any cure to it~ Is it the doc only do face? do they do for the back?

Pls advise me... thks gals

shower

hi yuyuan,
u can do da back... coz i have break out on my back now, doc sae can do but i am still contemplating... quite ex! somemore back can cover up...

wats da diff btw hyper and normal pigmentation?

aniwae, da doc will shine a special touch on u to chk if ipl will help or not. if cannot, eg. too skin deep.. doc will tell u cannot...

You may want to try this skin rejuvenation treatment whereby for the 1st treatment you can see the difference in your face. It is very good for saggin, pigmentation and wrinkled skin.. well.. my aunt recovered from her age apot, she went 5 times and she really see a difference, she also tried Laser from the national skin centre but the 2 times she went was very painful and no results.. she pay about $200+ for this skin treatment with facial treatment + eye treatment + neck treatment + ampoule.. which is relatively cheap

I have the voucher for free trial (limited time period) for the first time cos my aunty and i sign for the package. Its a savings of $300++

Whoever interested, jus let me have your email

beautyseek

Has anybody tried Signature Beaute IPL (@International Bldg beside Orchard Scotts Isetan)? They are having 1st time trial @S$68/- (usu $250). I wonder if it is genuinely good? Feedback, anyone?

eastwest

I've been to see David Loh and I noticed that despite being in the aesthetics line, his own skin is terrible with deep scars and thick dull skin. I wonder sometimes if he gives himself some of his own treatments.

kar

Hi,
Anyone can advise if IPL is a painful process? Also, is it generally effective regardless where we do it, as long as they have the IPL machine?

Anyone tried Rapellez (www.rapellez.com) before? they are offering me an attractive package, thinking whether to sign up. Advise and help needed!

bb_queen

I had IPL on my face - personally, I don't find it painful at all. I guess it all depends on your threshold.

I think where you do it does make a difference. I wouldn't go to beauty saloons to do it though coz they are just beauticians.

sputnik

Hi,

For those who have done IPL before, does it really have a positive effect on your complexion? BTW, how old were you when u went for the IPL? Cos I'm in my early thirties and wondering if I shld start going or still too early...

Also, how many sessions shld i go for? The doctor is offering a special price if I take up 5 sessions, but I'm wondering if that is too many.

bb_queen

Sputnik

I think it did lightened my scars and pigmentation. Early 30s is not too early coz women start to age at 25.

Usually pple sign up for 5 sessions for the discounted price.

sputnik

Hi BB Queen,

Thanks for sharing! How many weeks apart do you do the IPL? The doctor was saying to do abt 3 weeks apart for each session.

beebeegal

sputnik,
i did IPL at the summit clinic last yr for 5 sessions. i hv sensitive skin esp ard the cheek areas &amp; after i did IPL, my cheek wh used to be itchy n red no longer bothers me. as for pore size &amp; scar reductn, i didnt c any effect on my face. i m contemplating to go for another package of 5 sessions to c if i can improve my complexion further.

sputnik

Hi,

Actually my complexion is not that bad, only occasionally get pimples and have a bit of dark spots on my cheeks, so thinking if I go for IPL, will it have any improvement or will it be a waste of $$$. I guess that I'm just looking for options to maintain my complexion since I'm not getting any younger...

bb_queen

Sputnik

My problem and yours the same. The pimple scars bother me. My first 2 session were 3 wks apart. Thereafter, once a mth. How much are you paying for 5 sessions?

loterie

I heard that there is a new treatment better as compared to IPL. Called Aurora &amp; Polaris..not only can treat pigmentation, sunspots, freckles, skin tightening..and more..Hair Removal too..cool huh?
Though it is X, but I think its worth..just imagine in 5 session, you look better..IPL takes more than 10 session for poor complexion individuals

wlchoong

Hi,

I have done ILP before and it is very veyr painful espcially i got sensitive and thin skin. The facial lady have to switch to the lowest of the voltage. My face always smell burnt after every session.

I go to Jill Lowe at Robinson tower to do the anti-acne treatment and the untrasound - that is they use the radio waves unto the skin. it is painless and my big acnes go down immediately after one session. My acnes and scars are in control now. i have switch my facial products all to Jill Lowe as the prices are more affordable and manageable.

ling25

Hi all

Anyone who knows if IPL is effective for oily skin and open pores? Would really appreciate if you can share your personal experiences and the doctor you visited.

Shower, Oceandip
if you are still reading this thread, just wondering if you can further share ur experience. Is the improvement/ effect long lasting?

I'm really trying to improve my skin but thus far haven't found anything really effective.

Thanks in advance for the help!

mayaray

I find the dark circles under the eyes improved a lot after IPL. I havent done for almost 8-9 months and now I see it's coming back. Might go back again to do my under eyes. It didnt help me freckles at all, as it must be dark enough. Mine is a bit and small sized. Pores are slightly tigher and skin has a 'bit' more glow. But none of my colleagues and friends commented anything. But my skin isn't bad to begin with.

ah_leng

Beauty Seet,

I'm signed up package with Signature Beaute IPL.Basically the beautician is professional and friendly. My problem is I have some freckles on my cheeks.My freckles start to reduce after 2 time.Actually they also provide hair removal service.
have ha

roxygerrr

Hi maya lee, where did you do your IPL for dark circles? I'm also considering that... hope to hear from your reply. Thanks loadsss!