Any comments on Cis**rn?*=e?

angeldust

hi Slance,

wha piang!!! so ex ah.. but maybe you have many lights ah.. or is Andy referring to cost of Lights or lighting switches and powerpoints? mine cheap cos I oredi had existing points from previous owner, my resale unit not like 30 years old or what so the points are still good..

slance

angledust,

dun noe leh...nedd to find out further from him lor...btw my tiling has started liao...quite satisfy with the tiles

trekkerb

This ID has been a problematic one for me.

I went to them for quotes in April, due date, no one came back to me even though I paid a sum of $200.

Kept calling up this ID, John, told me that he went overseas. Said he will come back to me, still no NEWS.

I'm goning to get my $$ back, no point.

scobido

hi bluegal

haven't chosen my tiles yet...felt cheated cos we didn't bargain as both of my hubby n myself were too tired that day...in e end, think we forgot to add the electricity wiring and the installation pts into the contract!!! paid so much, somemore is a referral...sigh

how's yr hse reno? completed? can c yr beautiful hse?

trekkar, do u hv john's direct line?

trekkerb

Moo,

Yes, I have his direct line. I called him & he said he will get back.

Anyway, they are out of my shortlist. I juz want my refund.

bluegal

Hi Moo,
We just started our reno, still long way to go, ur ID is john right? Our electrical point wiring is also 1K plus.

scobido

yes, our id is john...sigh...how abt yrs?

we kena chopped cos we nvr bargain...tot is by referral so his price will be better but...
sad.gif

scobido

regretted but ... can't help now...may not want to get the electricy wiring from him...once bit twice shy...

btw, where did u get yr lightings frm?

yykk

Trekker,

your ID is john?
would you like to switch ur id to darren to try. i find darren very nice lor.

saw john at the office, dun like him, look so proud.

bluegal

Hi Moo,
My ID is john too. I had taken out quite a no of items from the package, initially i intend to source from outside on the electrical point but after much consideration, we let cis33rn done my electrical point, can't take out too many items, must let them earn a bit if not they won't do a good job. My painting and air con was source from outside, realise there's much co-ordination work to be done. Oh we have not bought our lights yet, but think we will go Geylang buy rather than Balestier.

How much is your package? Our total reno for a 5 room premium flat cost $21k. Hmm tell you the truth, me and my hubby did argue a bit on this ID and price. Sometimes we gal are like that will always think the price is ex but he think it's reasonable. But he told me that we can't expect ppl not to earn from us thru his hardwork and one thing i could said, John is very patient with us. Imagine we sign the contract with him in Feb with $500 design fees b4 we get our keys, design confirm then. After getting the keys, we consult feng shui master, design need to be change and he change for us. Until now, four months already we just paid payment and started reno few days back.

Any problem email me at [email protected] I'll be most greatful to help.

scobido

Hi bluegal, my reno is $21k too but is for 4 room
sad.gif

we didnt hv much customisation...we didnt bargain for the price , tats y is so high...v upset but nothing can be done liao...just hope he does a good job...

he is patient? didnt like him more n more...he sticks to our budget though...but regretted tellg him our real budget cos we incl our warerobe in when we did dat budget but e 21k doesnt incl tat, we outsourced the warerobe...so we actually burst our budget, tat's excluding lightings n etc...

where did u intend to buy yr furniture? we like cellini service in park mall...john will be bringing us to om i think...

bluegal

Hi Moo,
Is yours 4 room standard flat? Normally when we meet up with him is weekday 7-8pm so to save time, we go prepare and tell him what we want so the colour combination was done by us lor. then we ask him to colour and show us during the next meet up. When will you start your reno? Don't be so sad over the quote, i am sure he'll did a good job.
We also outburst our budget.
We already bought our furniture at furniture club. Not much furniture to buy. We only get for ourselve a dining table, sofa and coffee table. The rest will be later part lor.

scobido

hi bluegal,

yes, ours is the std flat...

tnx 4 yr info
happy.gif

my colleague also recommended me to geylang to buy e lightings rather than balestier...

oh, do u hv wiw? thinkg whether i shld hv 1...in a dilemma cos my hubby said i decide...everything i decide lei...v sianz...

we will remove e curb bet e kitchen n e service balcony but there is one contractor who told me tat he removed e curb in another blk but was kanna fined cos tat curb is not supposed to be removed...but john said is fine lei...if e hdb turn down e permit, how?will he refund us e $ cos it affects e costg of our kitchen cabinet too...
sad.gif

we nvr discuss this when we sign e contract...now i am a bit worried...

mrs_lim

hmmm,
Just to share with all of you....recently i have tot of signing up this ID firm to do my unit, 5 rm std, in Sengkang. Changed my mind on the 2nd meeting with the person there. The reason is that they quote me different prices from the 1st meeting and they also want to charge me for each light to be installed despite going with them to buy the lights and for every accessory that i would like to be installed in the bathrooms and kitchen..total cost is very expensive...this exclude electric works (lighting pts etc). Moreover, when i want to remove certain items for the package they quote me a different sum from the previous meeting..the result: It cost a significant amount more than we expected and the design isn't that fantastic i feel.My fren who also used the ID firm mentioned said they actually stopped work for his unit for a period of abt 10 days....before resuming and in the end hand over about 1mth late.
Anyway i signed up with another ID firm. Although the new ID firm is not exactly cheap..the price is comparable and i am more comfortable with the person.

yykk

Trekker

I understand ur fustrations
sad.gif

however, i still leave down darren's hp in case u change ur mind 91084363. he is very friendly, helpful & patient..

all the best friend!

bluegal

Hi Moo,
Think your quote 21K for 4 room standard is quite reasonable. What flooring you intend to do? Ours flooring already done lei, but we also paid 21K for the reno for living room, kitchen and materbedroom, the other two room we did not tourch at all. Yeap we do have WIW. but thought you outsource your wardrobe?
Don't worry, get him to state the price for hacking the curb. If your permit not approved, he'll deduct the sum from your quote.

angeldust

hi slance,

okie dokie then.. anyway, i like my tiles too..

hi trekker,
i think u worked with the wrong person. darren was referred to by a friend, i really think he is good. can't say much abt the rest of the staff at Cis**rn.

trekkerb

Angeldust,

I think so too. Well, too bad then. I'm currently working with Living Elements & ID Decor, going thru the quotes & materials.

Both are pretty good compared to the number of other ID I went esp Cis**rn

scobido

hi bluegal

mine is e normal homogenous tiles n parquet for 3 br...reasonable? think u r e only one who said so lo... he quoted me $600 for the bed frame, dun noe what's that called...the rectangle box lei! he qouted me 1.2k for e cabinet below the window lei...v ex lei...by rite, it shld only b 800++...anyway, nothing can be done liao..is our fault too, nvr bargain cos we tot we r given e best price since is a referral...we hv no customization at all lei...still so ex...we pay mainly for e floor tiles n kitchen cabinets, hacking of 1 wall, e cabinet below e win only lei...is ex lo...but bo bian...nvrm lo, learnt our lesson...actually we also no gd bargainer...

yes, we outsourced our warerobe but it can be made into wiw if we want, just need to top up $$ only...still thinking of whether to have 1 or not...e salesperson who is a female advised me not to cos we need to clean that part whereas if it is a warerobe, is easier to clean n maintain...but we still need to clean la...yr toilet is inside the wiw?ours, if we hv, will be outside cos hubby said if we do big biz, all our clothes will smell shitty for a while haha

u got all yr lightings from geylang? which co u went to n is e service n e lighting gd?

lumiere lighting is special, compared to chan huat...hv u been there?

bluegal

Hi Moo,
Try nego with him again if you really think the price is not right.

our toilet is also outside the wiw. but if i can choose i'll prefer it to be inside lei, more convenient.

we have not bought our light yet but we'll go to geylang and buy. Went to both geylang and Balestier still think that geylang have nicer light design. There's this small shop light hub, the uncle is very nice. Like one of the light display just beside the door. We might buy our lights from him. He also provide installation at a reasonable price.

clarence

Hi

I just met up with this guy call Daniel during the showcase in Suntec over the weekend. Any comments about him? Thanks
happy.gif

irenep

Hi angeldust,

Do u hv Darren's email ?? thinking of email him my floor plan for quotation. Can I just tell him him that u recommended him to me ??

jeep07

Hi all
I met up with the Snr. Designer call Edmund during the Exhibition in the Suntec. Do any1 experience with him? Thk
happy.gif

angeldust

Irene,

I called darren up earlier cos I had wanted to intro my friend to him. He just told me he left Cis**rn just last week to another ID firm and got a promotion. So I do not have his email addy now but you can call him at 91084363. You can say Angeline from Tampines recommended. And make sure you tell him to give you best price and if price no good say no obligations to drop him. He knows my pattern..

jeep07

Hi angeldust,

Do you know Darren join which ID firm? Don't mind I ask you. Because I am looking for ID to reno my new house in Sembawang. Hear that Cis**m is quite a gd ID firm and don't know which ID person is gd. Thk
happy.gif

bluegal

Hi Jeeper,
We are currently renovating our sembawang unit now. My ID is John. Which area is your sembawang flat?

angeldust

Hi Jeepers,

You can call him to find out. He will let you know. I guess not very nice for me to post the rival ID in this Cis**rn thread.
I have not yet worked with other IDs from Cis**rn but the quality and workmanship is good. I have no complaints so far.

zmonzter

Hi SnowKat, u were attended to by Andrew Soh too? Went to this ID firm at the exhibition at suntec. He seemed too pushy for our liking and keep persuading us to sign up the package. Told him we will onli consider after he show us the floor plan..

gohhappy

hey guys,
i've just been to Cis^^rn at the suntec fair, was atended by this guy call seah lai. anyone attended by him?

any comments on this id firm?

kukimon

Hi Slance,

So your house reno done soon?Is the workmanship good?Did your ID bring you to look for lightings and furniture?

slance

HI Jess,

Reno started only flooring is done at the moment...thk carpentry wil be the following week or so.....so far flooring is quite gd....

mi custom made most furniture so no need to do shopping for that...but i have got gd lobangs for other stuff....email mi if u need it.

kukimon

hi slance,

have emailed u.

wondering how to use PM?if i PM somebody,how they reply to me?i'm a very new user here..:p

roxyz

hi...
My ID is not Cisee, but my friends are considering them so I "barged" in to read. Just realised dat a few of u are considering going lightings & toiletries shopping with ur ID. Please DUN! The lightings shop owner told me they give 20% to 30% commission to ID who bring customers to their shop and this commission will come from us in the form of higher prices. They'll even get abt 10% from shops like sim sia C etc when we choose our toilet accessories from there. I have just bought my lights and I fixed the price with the lights shop boss 1st before bringing my ID down to seek approval on the lights I chose. In this way, the ID wun be able to earn commission. Hope this helps
happy.gif

alan_golfnut

pigletz: Heya! Didn't know that a 'neighbour' engaged Cis__rn too!
happy.gif
Hope you had a better time with them than me.

My ID, Alex, is a completely useless fella! He forgets our ideas, is messy, and now that the work has started, so does the nightmare. He hasn't given us the schedule of work yet, haven't seen the reno permit yet, haven't given me the breakdown of cost for electrical work (told him that if he started electrical without my approval of costs, he'd have to pay for it), and the best thing is, he didn't apply for a permit to hack until 2 weeks ago. Hell, our design plans were agreed at least 1.5months ago, and while the plans were finalised 3 weeks ago, it was for the finishings, such as colour of walls and cabinets. We let him know when we wanted work to start 3 weeks ago, so shouldn't he make an application then?? Hardly any work has started due to the delay with the hack permit, so time is lost, and now we're gonna lose more time cos he 'suddenly' found out that we need to engage an engineer to endorse the plan to hack and supervise the hacking (cos the wall is reinforced). Considering that he claimed that he's done some work in our neighbourhood, he should've then expected the need for an engineer, and thus advised us about it, esp when it's gonna cost us $500. The hack permit hiccup was the last straw, and I yelled at him cos he couldn't even call me up to explain to me the nature of it, and couldn't even get the details right. Had to read abt it from another thread.

Now I really am wondering if I should march down to Cis__rn tomorrow, talk to his manager about his catalogue of screw-ups and maybe ask them to do something about it. Maybe ask them to pay for the engineer instead! Haha!

Anyway, if anyone is thinking about using him: DON'T!

Good luck everyone! What's sposed to be an exciting time for me has become a thoroughly stressful one now.
sad.gif

jeep07

Hi Alan

It's sound very serious. Feel sorry for you. Anyway, I never meet up ALex before. I am with another ID designer E*****. Last sunday, I almost want to sign up but I still feel the price still quite high so I never sign up. Further more, I mentioned some of design in the masterroom, ID guy totally forgot and I feel abit screw-up. He re-code the price again. From 15k cost up to 24k with GST.

So, folk before sign up anything. Please find out more information like hacking wall permit and so and so..

Anyway, I still never sign up any ID firm. Still looking around.

alan_golfnut

Hi Jeepper,

Yeah, the IDs will without a doubt jack up the prices, it's up to you to slash like crazy. My wife and I did that and my ID's face became damned sian! HAHA! Good thing too, cos he doesn't deserve to make that sort of money from us. And yup, should look out for all the hidden costs. Electrical work is another killer, and if you hate the sight of air-con trunking running around the rooms, your ID will suggest building cornices to conceal them, meaning.. more $$$.

jeep07

Hi Alan

Agree with you. My gf and I wanted to slash the price. He show us a 'sian' look and mentioned he give us best price. Well, how do we know he give best price and they can say what they like. I am also scare the hidden cost and he never mentioned anything before.

But did the Alex show you the electrical work form that mentioned detail of cost on all the point and other?

alan_golfnut

Well, electrical works is one of those things that cannot be helped, but my mistake was that I should've gotten him to list it as part of the whole package, so at least I can include it for the loan.