All about rebonding

zann

hi Beth,

is yr hair natural curve or normal straight hair b4 rebonding? i don't have natural curve hair and rebonded only one time i think around 2000 when rebonding just started ..that time rebonding still quite ex...and my hair is still straight today...

beth

Hi zann
Mine has natural curls, I think dats the reason why my rebonded hair cant last like some of u. I've got really stubborn curls, It can get messy @ most times, I've got really sick of tying up my hair all the time juz to prevent it fr gng haywire.
sad.gif

Now its close to my big day and was adviced by MUA not to do rebonding b4 wedding in case it'll damage further fr styling. I'll still go 4 rebonding after my wedding but juz like to find out which saloons does the best rebond & price muz b reasonable.

Any recommendation?

muppy

hi beth, i did mine at this salon near bishan mrt. i did it in april and i think i paid something like 150 inclusive of treatment. it's still straight now
happy.gif
but for me, my hair is quite straight with only a bit of a wave, maybe that's why. i think for the beginning, it might help to use the straightening shampoo that salons sell? but of course must pay la
sad.gif

blunt

hi beth,

juz wondering if u want to consider perming ur hair instead? coz that way when ur hair grows out, wont be as obviously pomp as rebonding.
happy.gif

zann

hi Beth,

i see, ya, i think maybe thats why..
i did mine at a salon at serangoon garden ...
my gf also got natural curl...only do it once every 6 mths...then gradually only once very 9 mths ...thought how come yours last 3 months...

yo yo melanie..

beth

Hi gals
Thks for the recommendations & suggestions.

mel & zann - Err..bishan & serangoon garden seem abit out of the way, coz i'm residing @ Jurong west, anywhere in the city wil be fine.
happy.gif

blunt queen - i dont think perming wil do any gd for me, I've actually tried perming(long time ago) but it turned out worst...my hair was dry, frizzy(like negro) & easily entangled, I lost alot of hair every day. I was so worry I ended up paying more on treatments. rebonding has actually help me in the way my hair is easily comb after cool drying & u dont hv to worry whether the hair wil get messy. hee..
happy.gif

blunt

Hi beth,

Oic, coz thought those latest digital perm may help.

Anyway, i did rebonding at CosLab at WestMall. The charges was $159+$25(treatment), my hair length is abt reached armpit length.

Look for Vivian, she's quite nice and will know how to handle ur hair.
happy.gif
She's off on Monday.

So far, i'm quite satisfied with her n had done rebonding by her for 3yrs already.

Anyway,I only do rebonding once a yr n juz close 1 eye for the portion of hair that pomp when hair grows out :p

beth

blunt queen,
Thks, dats even better, nearer to my area but now cannot do rebondg coz might risk ruining my lock, will drop by once my wedding is over. I hvnt tried digital perm b4 but i think even if i go 4 it, my hair still cannot bring out the nice curl..

mel, wah..u go all the way to bishan to do rebondg, servc muz be gd, too bad its far fr my area..or else wil go chk out the salon.
happy.gif

zann

Beth,

my gf spend a lot of time straightening/blowing her hair everyday. if i remember correctly, i think she told me her preparation got 1 hr after shower or when go work? Then last time she rebond every 6 mths...gradually 9 months...then now 12 months a yr...she also does treatment (dunno relaxer or reflexer? ..hee) whenever she go salon...she also went the one in serangoon garden in fact she recommended me there one..

anywhere in the city? hmm...i only know one salon call hair artisan in suntec city not bad...but hor i only went there colour my hair and trim/cut b4...never do rebonding there b4...my hairstylist is vincent...so far the colouring they do for me quite nicely done and lasting...

melanie,

hahaha...sama sama leh...

beth

Morning zann

i bought my own rebondg set, was quite gd when use it 1st few times...but it got worst after dat, my hair got really dry, bristle & easily breaks. Ya, it oso took me abt 1 hr to prepare..v stressful. I try not to use it too often now, only on special occasions.

Oh...the salon u mentioned "hair artisan", do u know the price range for rebondg?

muppy

happy.gif
me cheapo mah. anythign tht is cheap and good, i sure onz one! kekekeke

some more is friend gai siao one

sweetsecret

Beth,

you are staying in JW. do you mind going to bukit batok? coz at bukit batok there is a hair salon quite famous for that area n the pricing are not expensive. n all the products they use are from loreal. so far i only go to salon that use loreal hair products n my frd recommend this salon at bukit batok.
if you want i can give you the contact no n you call up to ask for the pricing.

welf75

Hi Zann,

can i know the name of the salon at serangoon and the price of rebonding....Feel like doing this month...can i have the contact no. and the stylist?

Thanks.

beth

mel, dont say like dat ma, wat matters most is the service & results. Sometimes, well known salons doesnt mean they r gd. Me oso go 4 cheap salons now hahahaa...

Obride, I've tried rebondg @ reds b4, dont like the service, the staffs were like iguanas...1st min they were nice, sec, they changed their attitude. i was actually referred to tis professional hairstylist, she was supposed to do rebondg on me, but in d end she pushed me to a junior...The results wasn't satisfying, i complained to her but she insisted the result was like dat @ first & oso recommended treatment lotions. I paid nearly $400 in all.....sure enough my hair was back to normal(curly) abt 2 weeks later, i've never gone back to reds ever since. dat was my experience.

xue, ya sure! can i hv the contact of the salon? Thks!
happy.gif

sweetsecret

Hi Beth,

i scare i post the name of the salon ppl will say i promoting for them leh.

Tel : 65640547
you can email me to [email protected] i will give you the name of the salon n address.

is hard to get through the line sometimes. try again n again. this salon has a few hairstylist. if you are comfortable with the price den i let u noe who is my stylist, maybe you can try her.

sweetsecret

hi,

my FSIL did her rebonding at serangoon central charges was abt $100(dunno include treatment anot), her hair length is abt reached armpit length.

Quite worth it.

edna

hi i did my rebonding for the 6th time yesterday. my hair condition is still very good. I strongly recommend my stylist. Her name is Ann from Hair Inn located at Hitachi Tower. The cost of rebonding is $150 for all length. In addition, i will always do a treatment...its not the normal treatment...something better...and cost more. For my length it's abt $120. My hair is below the bra strap..hence kinda long. The rebonding comes with free shampoo and conditioner and free hair cut and a free trreatment b4 the rebonding. so far its the best i have tried..been to reds and some other salons.

beth

Hi Gina

Like to know whether they open on weekends? Coz i'm not working ard that area...

Tks & cheers!

muppy

hi beth,

ya lor. last time i go to this place at winsland house. frontier or something. the guy there patrick was supposed to be good. but in the end just ya ya papaya only. i don't like
sad.gif
some more trim is $50. wah!

so now i don't mind going to bishan all the way from bedok hehe. hair mah. girls' crowning glory ma. i don't mind the distance. just as long as i don't end up having a 'clowning glory'! hehe

btw my hair was quite badly bleached but this bishan place gave me a good ice rebonding plus colour treatment thing (er sorry don't really know the name!) and now it's ok
happy.gif

muppy

quite unrelated question - do you girls feel pai say to ask for extra head massage when they are washing your hair? i love the massage but always shy to ask for more leh. how to ask ah? hehehe

beth

Hi mel
Somehw it feels gd to get a massage on the head, but I nv tried asking them for more. :p Mayb u can try complimenting their skill 1st, then telling them in a hinting way u like being massage longer...dat's only a suggestion lah.
happy.gif

babybbsg

hi melanie,

u mention ur hair was bleached.Is it whole head or some strands.My hair is bleached half head some new grown and most of them is bleached.I would like to know if ur hairstylist can rebond bleach hair,as many hairstylists told me bleached hair cannot do rebonding.Once done it will be frizzy and rebellious.Pls provide valuable advice?
And pls intro ur hair salon and hairstylist...
Thanks
happy.gif

babybbsg

hi melanie,

u mention ur hair was bleached.Is it whole head or some strands.My hair is bleached half head some new grown and most of them is bleached.I would like to know if ur hairstylist can rebond bleach hair,as many hairstylists told me bleached hair cannot do rebonding.Once done it will be frizzy and rebellious.Pls provide valuable advice?
And pls intro ur hair salon and hairstylist...
Thanks
happy.gif

muppy

hi babybbsg, my hair was bleached in streaks. you saw my pic right? my 'before' photo
happy.gif

yes they rebonded mine when it was bleached. i think it was ice rebonding. then after that (a few months i think) i went to do this colour treatment thing, and i have no idea what the treatment was for but now my hair colour is more natural (still has hints of a lighter colour in strong light) and softer. now i can say 'bu yao xian bu wo de jian kang liang li de tou fa'
happy.gif

my hair i would say is generally quite guai la. it's a wee bit wavy but other than that, it usually won't go all over the place after certain length

ok i have no idea what's the name of the shop but when i next go, i will look out for you
happy.gif
i should be going next week for a trip.

edna

Hi gals...the rebonding is $150 for all hair length. It comes with a free treatment before the rebonding and a set of shampoo and conditioner and hair cut. So all in is $150. However i always do another treatment after the rebonding..on the same day...its a better one and more expensive... the treatment alone cost me $120...the price depends on ur hair length...my hair is very long...abt 2 inches below the bra strap. I personally like this treatment alot..hitchi tower is just beside raffles mrt...they do open on sat..not too sure abt sunday tho...u can give them a call...65386500...my stylist is ann...other stylist r just as good too
happy.gif
heheh just that i always go to her...just tell her my name and she will know..hehe... cos i always go to her...

edna

btw, my hair was not dyed or bleached
happy.gif
all i did to my hair was rebonding...did rebonding for the past 4 yrs...so this time round already the 6th time!! heheh

checkerina

I done my first rebonding at Seconds by Art Team last week at S$99.90 which includes cut & normal hair treatment.Took 4 hours in total.
The staffs there are very friendly and makes me feel comfortable too.
The lady who done the rebonding for me is patient and explain to me the results coz my hair are damaged due to bleaching/dyeing (i do it myself)several times.So she say will have some flyaways and frizz at certain areas.Overall quite satisfied with the results and my hair very straight now.She recommended her salon shampoo & conditioner (S$35 for both)to me but i did not buy it,and she did not persist too.I want to try the range of SilkPro which is for rebonding hair.
My sister told me cannot tied up , clip my hair & put hair behind ears??Is it true?Coz the lady did not tell me not too.She only asked me to apply conditioner after shampoo and apply serum after hair blowing.

babybbsg

hi checkerina,

you mention that u have bleached ur hair before,may i know is the whole head or only strands.As I have bleached my hair before and dye it to a darker colour now but hair very dry and already have some flyaways and frizz.Wanted to rebond but my hairstylist is against it.Want to hear ur views.
Also is ur hair dry and frizzy to start with?After rebonding,does ur hair texture looks much healthy.Thanks

checkerina

hi babybbsg ,
Yes i bleached the whole hair/head myself.And also do own colorings at home myself.B4 rebonding the hairstylist told me my hair very dry and brittle with spilt ends so she told me frankly after rebonding there will be still some visible flyaways and frizz.But she say she will try her best to have it nicely done and minimizing the frizzes.And she also cut away split ends.
I have fine hair with high layers and slightly curly at the end.After rebonding,i do think my hair texture soft,smoother and shine.But the hairstylist did recommend me to do intensive treatment at least once a month if i can to further regenerate my hair.
Also if you do rebonding,your hair color will turn slightly lighter than your original hair color if you dye it b4.
One of my friend who done a rebonding job at other salon at around S$150 she say the results not as good as mine.Plus their hair products there very expensive....
Maybe you can give it a try at the hair salon that i went.Price reasonable and services also good.They have 7 days satisfied guaranteed if you are not happy with it.

checkerina

hi babybbsg,

The stylist name is Mandy.

It is located at Blk 681 Hougang Ave 8 #01-861
Tel : 6385 7097

Call up to book for appointment.

babysheep22

Hi there

I just rebonded my hair about 2 weeks ago. However, the effect was horrible. It went back to curly and messy within 2 weeks. Everyone, avoid a certain salon called J*** Y*** at Bukit Panjang Plaza. They may be a famous salon with branches all over SG, but I never expect their standard to be so yucks.

All they do is push products to you (which I don't even find that good). The rebonding wasn't even fantastic (now it doesn't look like I rebonded at all), just got my ends so dry until like straw. But I was so pised off with the service I went elsewhere to trim my hair.

Now I need to ask, when can I do rebonding again? I really really hate my hair now, and hope to redo it. How long must I wait?

jasminetea

Hi Babysheep22,

Usually, you will rebond abt 6 mth later. It is difficult for you to redo immediately 'cos ur hair is very dry now. What you need to do now is to go for deionising treatment to repair the hair. Can also use some hair serum for your ends.

Maybe you should speak to a good hair stylist about it.

sheron

hi Babysheep22,

you do need to give your hair a rest before the next rebonding. but no need to wait 6 mts coz i juz had a bad rebonding 2 odd mths ago.
was very upset and could not wait anymore so i went to Jiwon salon in Wheelock Place last week.

the result is pretty good.
my hair still shine after the perm!
it is a bit costly lah. rebond and treatment cost me $290 but i have to agree that this is the best result i had so far.

i have done rebond more then 10 times!!!!
my hair is very frizzy sturborn.
you may want to check it out.

babybbsg

hi sheron,

Is ur hair bleached or dye?What is the length of ur hair.Dun mind can u share with us ur hair stylist.Thanks