All about rebonding

a_k

anyone tried doing rebonding at Yess Hairdressing in Cathay Cineleisure before? They r hving as promo for may04 - $135 for rebonding (dun know wat product) & $150 for intensive rebonding (loreal products). I am very tempted to do rebonding before my PS. Though I know there will be hair setting during PS, if the date is too near, will affect my rebond. But I really tempted to do. I am not looking for very ex one but must be good juz like everyone. any recommedation? I ever did 2 rebondings before which didnt last very long, so whenever i see those with straight & soft hair, i very envy. Previously i did a lot of self-color so when i went to salon to highlight, the color cannot "eats" in. I was advised to bleach & color to hv the effect. so if i am going for rebonding, means after a few mths, i will need to bleach & color on my rebond... so not sure if this will affect my rebonding... then it will be a waste. any advice?? thanks a million!

smurfy

hi AK,

So is your hair bleach? As far as I know, bleached hair cannot be rebond as being advised by my hairstylist before.

a_k

Hi Smurfy,

Not yet. I hv not bleach hair before in fact. I did a highlight months back, the color was not very revealing as i did quite a lot of self-color at home. so i was told to bleach my hair & highlight to hv the effect. i hv not did it yet but are thinking of doing it during my next highlight. but i am also very tempted to do a rebonding... so if i am going to do a bleach & highlight after my rebonding (mths later), not sure if it will "spoil" my rebonding effects.

so quite a dilemma here. & also struck on where to get a good & cheap rebonding that last. My previous 2 only last for a few mths only. I wonder if is it becos of my numerous self-coloring previously that cause my rebond not able to last...

i happen to see the promo by Yess Hairdressing, kind of tempted but not sure if it is good.

flow

hi AK, i dun think it's advisable to rebond your hair as during your PS, the hair setting thingy might do more damage your arrow straight hair than the normal hair. <imagine> better to rebond after wedding :p

a_k

hi flow,

if it is done about 3 to 4 mths before PS leh?? my PS is in sept... i real tempted leh... how? i wonder if i can bear tat long...

baby5556

hey hi,...i did at jb before at citysquare!! its at the basement level and it costs me $200 ringgit but that was i think 4 yrs ago ..
happy.gif

my hair that time was till waist length. i went to the same salon again and found that the guy who did reboning for me dun work there anymore and now there are 2 gals.. forogt the name of the salon but think if i was not wrong, it was yellow signage .., there were 3 salons together side by side, u can check the prices with them there and they are not pushy ... if u tell them u always comes every week to jb to shop cos they will be happier (means u dun need to tell them u dun wan buy )

a_k

hi,

i did my rebonding liao. Not bad in fact. It is not as ex as I did it at a neighbourhood salon in AMK.

anyone interested, let me know.

happy rebonding!

a_k

hi lilac,

in fact, i know the person so i got it done below $100. if u are interested, i can help to chk on the charge for you. the rebonding will include hair cut, treatment too. how long is your hair?

let me know if you are interested.

chloe81

Hi AK

Can help me check out the price? I'm interested. Is the stylist gd? My hair length is ard the bra's knot. Thank u

a_k

hi cloe81,

in fact the hairstylist who did for me is my cousin. i feel his skill not bad. i feel the effects better than my previous 2 rebondings lor. i ever wanted to go to those high-end salon but too ex already as my length is over shoulder. juz cant bear it esp i dont know how good is the effect also. since manage to get a good pricing from my cousin's, so i try it there cos its someone i know, so believe in him lor esp many people said cheaper in pricing may mean cheaper in products (i scare also). but i feel that salon product is not bad. it is from japan. anyway dont want to make it sound as if i am promoting him. juz wanted to share cos i always feel rebonding is a ex thing, some more dont know how good effect you will get for paying that big amt. big dilemma i feel. so hope this sharing helps in some way.

i let u know of the pricing shortly.

chloe81

Hi AK

If I wannd ask ur cousin do the rebonding for me, do i have to make appointment? May I know which part of AMK?

fizz

Can I know wat shampoo r u using for rebonded hair...currently...my shampoo costs $30...after 3 mths...too siong for me...thanx...

a_k

Hi Chloe81,

Normally u need to make appt. Unless u are willing to wait if they are busy. rebonding takes some time so better to make appt. it is opp Deyi Sec Sch.

a_k

hi fizz,

in fact i didnt use the salon shampoo cos i got dandruff so i need those dandruff control type of shampoo. though salon has, but maybe my scalp is used to my normal use one so i stick back those normal type one. but i use one of their hair apply on product. i hv been using it for yrs. a bit ex but i feel it good cos normally when i use those lotion, gel, etc, my hair feel greasy. then the hair keep touching my face causing my face to hv breakout. this apply-on one i dont have this problem lor, so i used it till now. it is a tube form &amp; normally i can use quite long in fact.

wat brand u used for the shampoo? u feel it good?? my personal view, shampoo dont make much diff to me when i used, i think more to the conditioner part lor.

fizz

Hi AK

I used Kerastase Oleo Relax shampoo and serum...I've jus switched to Follow Me Green Tea shampoo for damaged long hair...recommended by the lady at the toiletries shop at Raffles MRT...seems ok at a quarter of the px of my previous one...now I guess I'll jus stick to Kerastase for the serum...I use L'coccintane for my conditioner...it's quite gd...but I dunno if it's worth thr px of $30...*ouch*

a_k

hi fizz,

i think Kerastase quite common. i wonder if i ever use it... very familiar.

i use Follow Me too.. but i use the medical one. the green tea one, my scalp itchy. my scalp very sensitive i guess.

conditioner rite now i use a jap brand, in jap wordings so dont know the name. but use beaulite for apply-on. ex also. but its good also.

chloe81

Hi AK

Can I get back to u ard end of this mth on making appointment? R u helping me to make the appointment or I have to call up.

a_k

hi cloe81,

no problem. anything as long as u are comfortable. juz let me know if u want me to help make appt for u. let me know when u confirm so tat i can give u more details on the location, etc.

in case i miss your post, PM me ok.

mimo

Hi, I need advice. Im very tempt to do rebonding but I heard that de-ironising is quite good oso,dosent make your totally 'flat'. As I have never try the above before, need comments whether which is good. Currently my hair is slighty longer than shoudler-lenght, and the ends is sticking out(like duck's tail!).mimo.

a_k

i nvr done de-ironising be4. but i feel though rebonding does make the hair flat but after a few wash, it becomes more natural &amp; not as flat as initial. maybe the product or the method ... not very sure.

jasminetea

Hi Peggy,

Rebonding is flat iron which will make ur hair straight. De-ionising is the treatment to maintain rebonding. De-ionising will also require flat iron to smooth your hair. With this treatment, you can maintain your rebonded hair in much better condition.

My hair stylist told me tt de-ionising can also be used for maintaining straight hair but it is not to help you to make your hair straight.

Cheers~~

pancake

hi gals,

i have done rebonding three times, 6 months apart. At first, the rebonding gave a shine to my hair. But after the third session, the rebonding makes my hair bery dry. Should i go for de-ionising now instead? My wedding is in october this year, when should i start straightening my hair? I cant do it too near to my wedding because after rebonding my hair will be so straight that it'll be very difficult for styling
uhoh.gif

jnj

Hi Pancake,

advice is to take care of ur hair. better to have healthy n glossy hair instead of dry dull looking one on ur AD.

I have rebonded my hair a few times too every 6 mths apart. N i make sure tat i condition my hair every alternate day n apply hair moisturiser after shampoo-ing. Do some hair mask...

If really wan rebond...then rebond now n u still have a few more months to take care of ur hair OR dun rebond at all till after ur AD. Believe there will be hair setting for ur AD. If hair setting is wavy hair or tie-ing ur ur hair...then no pt rebonding. Check with ur hairstylist on the AD...

happy.gif
)

mimo

Hi,Jasminetea Thx for the advice. Recently i've heard abt 'soft-rebonding' or sometinf like tat, heard fr my colleague its like doing re-bonding bt the ends are curl in..cos u see, my hair is arnd shoudler-length. tot of doing rebonding at 1st bt scared too flat(my face is quite board).

yunn

Hi all

i did my 4th time rebonding 2 wks ago. v satisfy wif d result. now m using Alfa-Parf shampoo &amp; mask as conditioner. after washing my hair, towel-dried &amp; apply Dalen Repair Serum &amp; while hair dry out apply Redken Glass 01 2 prevent split end. use Redken hair treatment 1s a week &amp; decide going 4 de-oinising treatment 1s a mth in salon 2 maintain it.

yunn

Hi nikki

wat a pity, it's in M'sia, Hairzone Studio, by most famous image consultant Michael Poh.

nikki_chen

hi Yunn!!

i also M'sian, "tong2 xiang1" :D that's y ask you wer u do mah. Maybe consider go there coz i wanna do rebond as well ..

wer the place huh? you all along do/cut your hair there?

babybbsg

hi all,

anyone has damaged and bleached hair and has done rebonding?Is the outcome makes the hair look more healthy or worse.Pls give advice.Thanks

yunn

Hi nikki

Wat? u oso M'sian ah? really? wow! so excited hearing u r my tong2 xiang1. but then where do u stay now? S'pore or M'sia? if M'sia which part?

I stay in KL so v convenient 4 me 2 get thr. btw, Hairzone Studio is in Sungei Wang 2nd floor, corner of BlueZone area, u can c a big poster shows tt different model wif different hair styles.
yeah, m wif Michael Poh 4 abt 3 years already. so far oni trust him cz he knws wat i 1. 1st &amp; 2nd time of rebonding i did at neighbourhood salons which come out wif lousy result, spoilt my hair at all. after tt get 2 knw Michael fr newspaper although b4 tt already knw he is v famous in hair styling but couldn get him cz dunno where 2 look 4 him. then i stupid stupid called up SinChewJitPoh which interviewed him &amp; ask 4 address &amp; tel no. since thr started our relationship.

i did 3rd rebonding thr, result was gd &amp; end of last year i did ceramic perm thr, v beautiful oso, &amp; 2 wks ago did my 4th rebonding.

tell u something tt when i 1st went thr, my hair was so dry &amp; not shining at all. after going thr every mth 4 treatment 4 half year time i thk, my hair improved a lot &amp; i nvr done treatment 4 2 years time hair still in good condition, no more dryout &amp; got shiny.

although it's a bit pricey, of cz lah, he's v famous mah, but i thk it's worthy. nvr regret, everytime m so happy wif d result.

previous post i mentioned i wanna go 4 treatment start fr now cz since i invested so much 2 do rebonding sure i 1 2 maintain d gd result. &amp; oso i hv a v v black hair reach waistline, if i tk care of it well then sure it appears black &amp; shiny which others may jealous, haha!

do let me knw if u interested 2 go. i may leave d contact &amp; explain more.

sori 4 d long post!

yunn

Hi Angeline

better dun rebond while u r hving bleached &amp; damaged hair. do de-ionising treatment 4 ur hair 1st which nutrition penetrate in2 ur hair &amp; mk ur hair healthier then oni do rebonding k?

hope this help!

piper_chung

hi angeline,

agree with Yunn, think its better that you do treatment for your hair first before doing rebonding again.

one of my relatives did rebonding and it turned out quite bad. It looked burnt. Think its because she dyes and retouch her hair quite frequently. She was quite upset with the result. In the end, have to go to another salon for treatment. Now her hair texture is slightly better but it doesn't look healthy. Quite dry mostly due to hair dye.

BEst is to check with a trusted hairstylist.

I'm not a Malaysian but went to BP to rebond my hair before. The result was excellent. Lasted to close to 2 years. The hairstylist who attended to me is also quite friendly. Enjoyed the time there.

babybbsg

hi yunn,

de-ionising treatment will make ur hair straight too is it?Also, do u know where can I find reliable de-ionising services

yunn

Hi Piper
BP? u meant Batu Pahat?

Hi Angeline
de-ionising is a treatment used 2 maintain rebonded hair or straight hair, but then curly hair oso can do de-ionising, oni d process is different at d end.

a real de-ionising shd b done: apply treatment cream which light green in color 2 clean, washed hair then wrap ur hair wif 'bao3 xian1' paper, pardon me d paper dunno how 2 say in English, i can describe it as chocolate paper, haha, btw ur hair is separated in2 many strips, jz like when u do rebonding, pardon me agn, hope u understand wat m saying. after wrapping different hold of hair wif some number of paper, they clip on ur hair wif hair straightener(not off d shelf type, salon 1 which use 2 do rebonding) at 180 degree i believe, 2 let d nutrition of d cream absorp in2 ur hair 2 enhance healthier hair. after tt let it cool down then oni can tk out d paper, then jz can wash ur hair wif cool water. after tt, they start blow drying ur hair in2 half dry, then they clip ur hair straight jz like wat rebonding do at d end. tt's all! hope u really understand wat m talking abt since my english is so poor, hehe! curly hair or ceramic hair can do this treatment oso but then oni skip d last step, no need 2 clip hair straight.

not sure a reliable de-ionising service in S'pore since m M'sian, but 1 thing u mz ensure is d cream is light green in color. nvr tried d 1 wif light yellow cream or especially a mousse type, not a treatment but spoilt ur hair 1, cheat ppl! or go 4 a trusted hair salon in S'pore. however not all reputated hair salon is good, like M'sia 1 of d famous salon A Cut Above even more expensive than mine Michael Poh &amp; yet get 2 knw a girl who did rebonding thr ended up spoilt hair &amp; she had 2 cut it short as boy-hair.

2 wks later i'll go 4 my de-ionising treatment tt i din get it done 4 abt 2-year time. really miss it cz nice smell! or i can check wif Michael whether he knws which S'pore salon can do a gd job?

cheers!

nikki_chen

Hi Yunn!

whooo! thanks for your detailed replied :D

too pity! I lived in jOhor Bahru. Cant go try the salon you mentioned
sad.gif

btw, i happend hair loss now. So is better not to go any chemical progress rite?

yunn

Hi nikki

really 2 pity! but when u hv a chance 2 KL, go &amp; try it, u wont regret!

emm... how serious is ur hair loss? i oso got hair loss due 2 long hair but s long s ur hair loss is <50 per day, it's considered normal. b4 doing rebonding, i can say my hair dropped quite a lot, mayb around 50??? especially when i washed my hair, but now after rebonding is less, around 20 i thk.

it may due 2 d way u wash ur hair, b4 rebonding, i scratch here &amp; thr wif fingernails; but now i use fingertips slightly massage d itchy area, but dun tie up ur hair 2 ur head 2 wash, do u get wat i mean? depends on d shampoo u use oso, now i use salon shampoo which less chemical, not foamy at all. so u thk twice b4 go 4 chemical treatment cz some may aggreviate ur condition.

Hi Angeline
not at all!

shuhui83

i did my rebonding from april till now about 6 mths... still very straight.... at place uis at bugis... their service also very good... i never used their shampoo cos my hair not many thus scare of using chemical product will cos lost of hair thus i use the aloe shampoo that my friend intro to me...and i also heard from my mum that aloe vera can generate hair growth thus agreed to tried out the shampoo... after i used this shampoo i find that i am able to maintain my reborn hair longer and my hair is softer and not dull anymore...

beth

hi kacy

Look like u r a satisfy customer. Which hair saloon did u go? I ever had my hair rebonded several times...but it either lasted 3mths longest or less...u sure shampoo with aloe vera helps prolong the straightness? I like to try too, can tell me what shampoo u using? Thks!

giggler

Hi kacy, how much you spend on your rebonding?

Does anyone know if Hair Inn still have offer for rebonding?