Advice : Things to look out for when choosing bridal package

ashlie

Hihi...

I'm really confused on what is the normal package that BS will offer... Din make it down to the bridal show as my hubby to be dun wan us to go aimlessly..

So... can any kind soul forward your package PLS!!!! [email protected]

Thanks alot

berrymore

It seems that most bridal package includes actual day photography. Are there options that cost much lesser if we opt for a package without the AD photography as we have already have a photographer we will like to engage.

candycandy001

I will suggest to go wedding fair more often and know what is the basic package may include. To call BS for details is not very advisable as sometime the way they talk may give wrong impression. Know what budget you have/willing to spend 1st, of course to bargain more things at lower price is always favourable. Girls easy to get implusive (me too)... but actually some of my friends they regret to spend too much for bridal package after few yrs of marriage, they will say rather to use the $ for a better honeymoon trip or house renovation, etc.

I am trying to budget myself in this area so I choose to go JB for bridal package which I believed that I get quite a good deal.

Package included:-
AD: -
1 wedding gown, 2 evening gowns, 1 tea dress, 2 coats for groom and 2 coats for fathers.
Hand bouquet, and car deco
Pre-wedding photo: -
5 costume, 5 hairdo
4 indoor and 1 outdoor (JB)
10 X 28 Album - 11 pages, 30poses (FOC 3 ocean dance) and free crystal surface
Album casing - 1pc
床头照 20X 24 or 14 X 36 - 1pc
10R table top X 2pcs
4R photos 60 - 150pcs
24 X 36 poster - 1pc
ç­¾å册 - 1pc
DVD - 1 pc (2 songs)
CD - 1pc (selected photos)
VIP card - 1pc

Payment:
Deposit - RM1000
Take photo - RM1000
Collect album - RM1000
*package excluded AMP*3, fake eyelashes, set hair total RM155

candycandy001

ROM package is included but I already arranged so they give me additional 1 tea dress. I have not go thr the PS yet, but the consultant is very helpful and friendly.

*Hope I can control myself when choosing the photos. Haha^^

bluebubbles

Hi Ladies,

Any kind souls can send me their package details([email protected]) if they signed up with the following BS? TIA!

1) Di Gio
2) Julia Wedding News
3) White Link
4) My Bridal Room
5) My Dream Wedding
6) Thomson
7) The Aisle

coolxz

hi all,

Desparate help pls! just started my wedding planning journey and am swamped with the PS quotations and companies out there!
Can any kind soul share their package with me? I am interested in MDW, JWN, Bluebay and Le Grand (with CL Studio).....

Thanks a million in advance

homama

hi LaLa,

i have on hand a comprehensive bridal package to let go of due to last min intention to take overseas PS instead of local PS... if you are keen, perhaps you can email me at [email protected] for more details.. im open for any reasonably offer for the take over...
happy.gif

colinquek

Visited some wedding fairs & got mobbed like streets of India. Imagine walking along Tanjong Pagar to look for a particular BS and we were mobbed so many times I had to tell them "married alr" so that the uncles standing outside will give up

all_alone

Dear all,

I do have a bridal package on hand with Bridal Concept which I am giving up due to personal reasons.

The original package consists of the actual day wedding arrangements, accessories and local or overseas bridal photo session. It also includes different gown choices, tea dress, father's coat, 2 made to measure suits and 1 pants to keep, and many other throw ins.

The good news is that your partner and you will be able to choose your own customised wedding package from the many that they offer if you intend to save a considerable amount of money through this offered package.

A deposit of $1588 has been made and I am intending to release it at $1000.

This is the link for the bridal shop:-
http://www.bridalconcept.com.sg/

I can be reached at [email protected] for sincere couples who are interested in this offer.

Thanks!

wongj

Dear ALL,
Anyone has My Dream Wedding or Thompson wedding package to share? Any feedback or things that I should note when I make a trip down? How do you find the service, gown selection, photography? Pls advice. Thks!!!
my email is [email protected]

hi wongj,

i went down thomson yday.

managed to negotiate off the rack to 3288 with 40 pics.

but i find it so so after reading so many reviews.

i think i will do more comparsions before committing.

keep me posted on ur BS hunt!

wongj

Hi Angelia, did u managed to try the gowns at Thompson? The 3288, 40pcs image is of what size n album type? The album in between got any lines/separator? Managed to c other bs? Let me know yea. Cheers!

meow_meow2

Dear All,

Any kind souls can send me their package details if they signed up with the following BS?

1) Di Gio
2) Julia Wedding News
3) White Link
4) My Bridal Room
5) My Dream Wedding
6) Thomson
7) The Aisle

Any comment on its services and gown designs?

my email is [email protected]

Thank you gal!!

epep727

Hi candysiew,

may i know ur bridal lpackage mentioned above is from which bridal shop in JB?

so total amt u paid for the pre wedding ps is RM3155?

can you kindly adise?

many thks ^^

wentan81

Hi All,

I'm a BTB next year and will like to find out about the hidden costs involved and the things that need to be negotiated for bridal package.

Anyone can share with me please?

An currently looking at Dang Bridal, Sophia Collection, The WEdding Present and Divine Couture.

Any feedback on the above?

Thanks

candycandy001

epep727 (epep727) > really sorry, I miss this thread... Yup, your calculation is correct. I didnt top up any photos, stick with 30poses.

nianiani

Hi girls,

I have an awful experience with one of the bridal shops which located at Raffles Hotel Arcade.

Been signed up a wedding package with them but last minute called me and asked me to top up for certain amount although I have paid my deposit. Reason being given? They calculate the price wrongly. OMG!!! And they insisted I have to pay the extra if I want to get everything listed in the invoice. Is that something commonly happen in this industry? Can I fight with them and get what they have listed in the invoice without paying them extra? I am so confuse now.

Please advice.

jingying

Hi Wentan81, I went to Sophia Collection when I am looking around for BS. I find that their service is quite good as their respective disciplines will come to talk to you personally. They also won't force you to buy. However their price is quite expensive so in the end, I chose Rico-A-Mona instead of them.

As for Divine Couture, I read the reviews from the forum and it seems pretty good so far.

What I suggest is to for you to go down personally to the BS and talk to the people over there. The most important thing is that you are comfortable with the coordinator as she will be the one who will be liaising with you most of the time!

In terms of hidden costs, look out for any limited selection of gowns such as new gowns or latest collections as some BS will charge more and are not inclusive of the bridal package.

Also check with them whether there are any extra charges if the day of your PS is raining. Check whether there's any transport provided for your PS as sometimes they charge extra for it.

Hope this helps =)

Cheers,
Jingying

candycandy001

Nia Nia (nianiani) > I dont think it is common. If you dont think they are honest, ask for all refund and choose another BS. You should have the right for ask for 100% refund as they failed to deliver the svc with the prev agreed price. They are considered breach of contract.

There is 1st time, hard to say if there is no 2nd time, what if next time they calculate wrongly again while you are waiting for album collection?

jingying (jingying) > Yes, coordinator is very impt, you must be comfortable with him/her. I am sad as my coordinator left after my PS, so everytime when I make appointment for selecting photos/viewing layout/etc has to deal with diff ppl, sometimes get postponed/delay also dont know whom to complain to >.<

nianiani

Candy, thanks for the advice. I was sort of run our of time to start everything all over again. Guess you know why
happy.gif
At first, I was wondering how come there are so little of their discussion here and now I know why, cause alot of people already know their poor service and don't even bother to use their service. Anybody know why they move from Orchard to Raffles Hotel?

jingying

Hi Candy,I hope everything goes well in the end! Probably you can request for another coordinator so you won't get bounced around.

angelinewang

Hi, I have shortlist 3 bridal studio.
1)White Link
2)My Dream wedding
3)My bridal room
please share with me the latest wedding package with no hidden cost. Are their shooting professional? How is their service, are they able to throw in lots of things? Budget 3k.

Kindly pm me at [email protected]

Thank you.

qoo83

Hi anyone signed up with these 3 BS before?

> Thomson wedding collection
> La belle couture
> Bridal concept

I'm gg down to sign tml, anyone can give me a quick feedback! Kindly text or email me at [email protected]

Thanks everyone!

Cheers,
Qoo

lwt

Hi Luvine,for my suggestion is u should going to their boutique before u make your payment,for me started i went to BS to do my research also then also sortlisted a few to compared but in Bs was this story then went to boutique was anothe story,not flexible at all,anyway mine already over,finally i choosen Graceful Image at Tan Quee Lan St,i like their gown and services,they allow me tried before i commit.

jingying

Hi Luvine, I agree with Liow Way Ting. It also depends on your preferences. You can try to look in the forums of those BS you have selected and take a look at their comments.

Also set your budget beforehand so you will know which ones are not suitable for you. Remember to also check for hidden costs such as transportation and the selection of gowns, whether you can choose new or latest gowns without further costs.

qoo83

Thanks alot for all yr advises guys! I went down to these 3 BS, they have pros n cons.. But i'm still deciding, anyone took package with the above 3 Bs can yr share yr packages n photos with me? Thanks! Appreciate! [email protected]

yl123

hi everyone i'm new here. am looking around for a good boutique too. have just started planning and heard some reivews on Julia's wedding news and LaBelle couture - any tips or advice which is better in terms of quality and service?? TIA!!
happy.gif

teng86

Hi,

Im new here. I just signed up the package from Bridal De Concept yesterday at bugis exhibition.

Wonder is this bridal shop good? I paid $100 deposit only. Looks like this BS is not so popular at all.

But they offer quite good service and no hard selling. They also offer us lots of freebies too. Thats why we are so tempted to sign the package.

ereka

Hi,
i was driving pass commonwealth and saw this bridal studio along main road facing the MRT track. Didnt know there's a bridal studio there. i went to took a look, their service is very good and prices are very reasonable, giving alot of stuff and kinda different and their show room is big compare to those BS in tg pagar. Maybe the brides-to-be can go check it out. It's called Venlis,The Wedding Planner.
I didnt signed as my wedding is next year april but i will put them into consideration.
happy.gif

panic_gal

Hi, I am new to this forum, can someone share the package with me? My wedding is Dec 29 2011 but I've yet to book any BS...

Can anyone share with me your wedding package for the following BS? (My email : [email protected])

1) Di Gio
2)Sophia
3)Thomson Wedding
4)Precious Moments

daddylonglegs

i got my package with 600+ pictures and a journalistic photographer cos the company rents gowns and partners journalistic photographer, so i got the best of both worlds. PM me if you want to see my package from Bridal Affairs.