Advice for PLus Size brides

danrebe

Hi all,

I also having the same conditions like you gals. It is really headache and tiring visiting these BS. My final choice is MDW as the staffs there are good and the dresses suit my taste.
I am going down for MDW for my fitting session 2 day later on Tuesday evening.
My co-ordinate is a very helpful staff.
Let me know if you are coming, i can introduce you to her.
U may PM me

happygirl198230

hi girls,

im also a plus sized btb. my rom is in june and im so scared i cant find anything nice to wear for it.

when are all of you gaving ur ad?
happy.gif

danrebe

Hi Happy Girl,

Think it better that you start looking for 1 soon... need to find a suitable dress need alot of time and also must be comfortable to wear in it...
My AD in May 2010.

daffier

I am plus size but trying to reduce..

After trying e gowns, my problematic area is my arms so trying hard in tht area as well..

daffier

I am plus size but trying to reduce..

After trying e gowns, my problematic area is my arms so trying hard in tht area as well..

turbbit

I'm also a +size BTB, AD not fixed but planning for '09 year end event. Unsure if there will be sufficient time to do so many things within 9 months. Been so worried I can't fit into any of the gowns in those BS but after reading few of this, looks like at least a few BS to start browsing with... *nervous*

Argh...how to slim down!!?????

csy

can cover with shawl?

i trying to lose weight for the top body
bottom i dun care le, coz my gown is those pom pom 1...doesn't matter...even inside scratch leg also cannot see.

haha

taime81

Sad put on weight after ROM. Me also trying very hard to lost weight cause gonna take wedding photo soon.

I went Rapellez RF Trial and Slimming massage, and i was totally amazed at the result. I've lost appx 2" of my right arm, 1" of my left arm, 3-4" off my adobmen, 1" of tummy in just 1 session. The result is quite lasting cause has been a week since. Didn't do anything since my trial last fri but i did control my diet a bit but i still eat quite sinfully. Whaha...

Happy. I've lost 2kg in a week and the ppl ard me notice i've lost weight too. Felt that the money and hardwork is quite well spent. But i still work harder, got another 10kg+ to go! Let's work hard together, just reduce the sinfully things we eat, it helps!
happy.gif

Going Taiwan with Hubby friend in sep, beach, so got to wear swimwear, his buddy gf so slim, so i must more zheng qi too, else i'll be stress standing beside her man. I told hubby i wanna slim down for the wedding photo shot and maintain till wedding... Rejected some sinfully stuff today like cookies and chocolate.

But i must say slimming massage is painful, i got to tong for 1h.

myfavchoco

Turbbit,

sure got enough time la... my wedding is last november. i only book my bridal package in last april... only 7 mth of preparation, but i think is more than enough.

taime81

I was so happy again, went for my 2nd treatment at Rapellez last night for RF & Slimming massage. First session i already lost 2" on my left arm (1 measuring point). Last night another 0.9" on left arm, 1" for right arm. Total for arm and tummy lost another 6.1" for arm and tummy. Even the therapist who did treatment for me was super excited, she felt so satisfactory. Hubby also very happy that i lost so much inches in just 1 week. It really get me motivated... Happy! Must Kanbatei more.

I didn't take any diet plan, i just try reduce my intake of sinful food. Cut soft drink & titbits. Last nite, after treatment still go 85 eat ba chor mee and bbq wing with sis for supper at midnight. So Sinful, all my sis fault, tempt me to go.

taime81

Quite ok lah, but as long as i see result, i think it is quite worth it lah. It is a lot cheaper than other places and the result is damn fast so far. 2 session, i lost over 10" for just arm & tummy, for the money i spend it is super cheap, dun need spend like up to 4-5k to get such result, no strict diet for me too.

taime81

Carol, you can msn me at [email protected] cause not convenient to disclose my price.

I spend 3 digit sum to lost my 10+ inches on my arm and tummy. My thigh i lost inches too but no measurement was taken cause i didn't do RF on my leg. I can feel the differences when i wore my tight skirt which i can't wear previously. There are inches loss cause RF blood circulation are full body and slimming massage are full body.

I conclude that slimming massage are painful for fat people. My sis did it she didn't find it as painful as me. LOL... Tummy & arm fat soften so it wasn't so pain liao but the back of the thigh is still very painful during my 2nd slimming massage.

csy

i am looking for nice cheongsum

know where to get cheap 1 coz is most likely for one time only.

Thinking of doing PS wearing cheong sum + those oriental top for my hubby

taime81

Hi Teo & danlee, will email u the details when i'm home tonight, office network today super slow.

SY, i heard mtm @ thailand is very cheap. Alternatively you can try the shops at chinatown, it ia just at the exit of lucky chinatown, my mum bought some oriental top from there quite reasonable, think appx $20. I know it comes in xl but i not sure what is their largest size.

csy

duno will be going BKK near future.

my hubby was saying go there do suit for the wedding also coz our package only give 1 MTM.

but plus air ticket + hotel stay also not worth liao

daintyaqua

dear all, i am new to this thread so hope i am welcome here as i am also a plus-sized btb (ROM & AD in less than 3 months down the road)
happy.gif

as we had only booked our bridal package recently, we are only going for our first trial fittings end of this month. getting stressed out cos dont know if can find any gowns OTR. if cannot find, then have to MTM (more expensive) & dont know still in time for my AD.

i am most disturbed by my hugh arms cos princess gowns can cover tummy, big hips and thighs or you can wear a bodyshaper underneath to appear slimmer but arm will be very difficult to cover leh. although the bridal shop says can add complimentary cat-sleeves for me to cover up my hugh arms but dont know will look very weird/funny? *sigh*

i am comtemplating taking our PS only after the AD cos hope can look pretty for the PS lor so must lose more weight before taking. dont want to have any regrets. i already felt very sad that my past holiday photos with my FH mostly made me wanna go ARGHHHHH or bang the wall. so i tell myself at least for our PS & honeymoon photos, die die must look nice lor.

all comments welcome. very lucky to come across this thread cos finally can voice my feelings here.

danlee

Hi, Charmaine.
Have not receive your email abt the package. May be is my PC problem, can resend again.

Hi, Dainty.
Exercise & eat less. Take only soup soup stuff for all meals. Just my own view, I dnt think big arm look good with cat-sleeves. As I am also a big size gal & i alwaz avoid cat-sleeves as they enhance on my arm. However, you need to try on the gown to know how it looks lol.

csy

Dainty, avoid cat sleeves. initially i also thought it will help cover but after trying, i realise that it only bring emphasis to the arms. No here no there like that, damn itchy coz it is those lace material and make me look older

U can wear shawl which i think is more elegant and people can 'mistook' it that you are cold.

Skip dinner lah, since only 3 months to go. Very fast result 1.

daffier

dainty, i have same issue as u..

so i'm having pom pom gown n halter neck gown to balance up my arms..

but there's no way jus to reduce size of arms..

have to slim down overall to reduce size of arms

so from end of last year, i'm slimming down by diet, exercise, detox etc..

photoshoot can hide e arms but actual day cannot..

danlee

Hi, Dainty.
Yes, i agreed with Stacey that halter neck gown will help. Tube dress gown also can but must have a long veil to cover the arms for PS bt not AD la.

danlee

HI, yes halter neck norm will make u look slimmer...i alwaz go for that as it makes me look slimmer & sometimes can be quite sexy.
happy.gif

daintyaqua

thanks to everyone who responded, you all are very kind & helpful.
happy.gif

i had no idea cat sleeves will bring more attention to my arms. the BS suggested this when i mentioned i am very concerned about the arms portion then they mentioned one of their girls studied design & can make nice cat sleeves to attach to the gown etc.

how about those kimono type butterfly sleeves huh? i got think of that but reckon it must be funny in combination with a gown... *stresssssed*

they also suggest wear a shawl for EG but if i also wear a shawl for WG, will it very strange??

in addition, i also stressed about my ROM dress which will have to be OTR cos they do not have MTM for ROM dresses. *chiam*

my ROM is on 010609 and AD on 030609 so already less than 3 months. i already eat very little and exercise liao but think my metabolic rate very very low so no significant results. also went for 10 sessions of accupunture in jan but only lose 2kg. *saaaad*

worse of all, my arms are not only hugh but got muscles also. i worried if i lift some more weights, my arms will look incredible hulk leh.

anyway, can only wait till 30 march where we have our first trial fitting then can access the situation. i really scare cannot find OTR then have to do MTM cos my BS quote me 2 prices, one for OTR package, the other for MTM package, both on our invoice form. the difference is $800 leh.

anyway, once again, i am so very glad to have found this thread because i dont have any friends in my size so they wont feel my "pain"

myfavchoco

Dainty,

jus wear normal bustier or halter or watever... don nid to cover wif cap sleeves or wear those butterfly sleeves de.. cos it really will be u even more huge.

and also forget bout the shawl thing, cos nowaways seldom bride use that cos veri auntie and outdated liao. and u realise only those mothers of bride and groom wore tat only.
moreover, using tat wont make ur arms smaller too.

jus be confident wif urself, trust tat ur gown is nice and ur MUA will do a good job, and tat will surely make u the more pretty girl in the ballroom.

daintyaqua

OMG... i will probably 'die' first before going sleeveless in just a bustier gown or halterneck (with nothing to cover)... T_T

my arms not only hugh but ugly with unsightly lumps of fat around the elbow. can you imagine if i go sleeveless?? somemore, my hubby is those tall (183cm) & lanky type while i short (160cm) & fat so we look like an odd couple lor. when go out with FH & he wanna hold my hand, i usually refused especially in crowded places becos i dont like to invite stares leh. guess me just very self-conscious lor.

i also very stressed out cos my FH will have some friends/colleagues/distance relatives who have not seen me before, i scare later during the banquet, people will gossip that my hubby's eyes got stamp or sth. *sob sob*

some of his friends/colleagues only seen me in photos on FB but of course i only show my best pics (from waist up only, not whole body; me got pear shaped body with gigantic hips & thunder thighs) lah, the really ugly ones (which made me wanna bang the wall) are not for public viewing mah. i also scare they are in for a hugh shock when they see me on AD.

actually, my original AD supposed to be 20/09/2009 but becos my future mom-in-law is sick with terminal cancer so we brought forward the date lor & hence only left with so little time to do anything.

to lose 20-30kg in less than 3 months is next to impossible lor. *sob sob sob*

danlee

Hi, Dainty.
Why so worry what others think about you? You must have confident in yourself. Everyone has our own beauty so please stop thinking negative of yourself ok.

Next round you go out with your FH, please dare dare hold his hand hor. Because if you keep feeling inferior in that way, it will affect your relationship with him.

Just like what myfavchoco said - by covering up here & there will not really make your arms etc small also. You can alway choose design which hides your weakness & bring out your best.

Enjoy choosing your WG & EG.
happy.gif

csy

i got halter for my EG too. hopefully it turns out okie.

Dainty, be more confident of yrself. Although easier said than done.

I have 1 or 2 colleagues who are slimming down with me. i feel so bad when i see people commenting on they slim down and etc.

but i think, every ger is pretty on their wedding day. What more important is to marry the right guy and enjoy yrself on the special day

daintyaqua

thanks to stacey, danlee & sy chen for your kind words.

to me, its really easier said than done actually. i did tell myself that since its the most important day of my life, i should not let anything get me down... but its sometimes difficult to keep a positive mindset.

i keep thinking that when we go for our first trial fitting end of this month, if i do manage to fit into any OTR gowns, the image that stared back at me in the mirror will be XYZ@#$%. its hard to look & feel pretty when you look like *shitz* lor.

i'll need to have super thick skin to disregard stares & awful comments lor. even though on the surface, i can act nonchalent but deep inside, i am very much affected & hurt by unkind words.

anyway, i know its no use to just whine & cry here so i will still continue to diet & exercise. have not seen much improvement inpsite of my efforts but at least i know i have done my best.

btw, i just colored & rebonded my hair last week. starting to buck up on my beauty regime with face scrubs/face masks/beauty cream every other day etc... i dont have good complexion too so hope at the very least, skin can look better on my big day lor.

currently, my lists of things to do:
- collate wedding songs to be played during banquet (already had 18 songs).
- DIY my ang pao box (not yet started)
- print wedding inserts
- shop for Guo Da Li stuffs as well as new mattress/bedsheets for An Chuan.
- do engravings on wedding bands

hope all will go well lor.

daintyaqua

thanks to stacey, danlee & sy chen for your kind words.

to me, its really easier said than done actually. i did tell myself that since its the most important day of my life, i should not let anything get me down... but its sometimes difficult to keep a positive mindset.

i keep thinking that when we go for our first trial fitting end of this month, if i do manage to fit into any OTR gowns, the image that stared back at me in the mirror will be XYZ@#$%. its hard to look & feel pretty when you look like *shitz* lor.

i'll need to have super thick skin to disregard stares & awful comments lor. even though on the surface, i can act nonchalent but deep inside, i am very much affected & hurt by unkind words.

anyway, i know its no use to just whine & cry here so i will still continue to diet & exercise. have not seen much improvement inpsite of my efforts but at least i know i have done my best.

btw, i just colored & rebonded my hair last week. starting to buck up on my beauty regime with face scrubs/face masks/beauty cream every other day etc... i dont have good complexion too so hope at the very least, skin can look better on my big day lor.

currently, my lists of things to do:
- collate wedding songs to be played during banquet (already had 18 songs).
- DIY my ang pao box (not yet started)
- print wedding inserts
- shop for Guo Da Li stuffs as well as new mattress/bedsheets for An Chuan.
- do engravings on wedding bands

hope all will go well lor.

myfavchoco

dainty,

i also have huge arms... my arms is even more huge than those who r bigger size than me. and i got lots of stretch marks on it. when i raise my arms, can c the thick soft fats....

if u mind people looking at ur body, i also encourage u to take up halter. as it can somehow cover ur top a little, and also wont bring much attention to urs arm. And most importantly it can make u look slimmer =)

u don have much time liao, don be so bother by all these lah. they are even much more important stuff for u to busy and concern in.

danlee

Dainty,
You are too concern of what others think about you. Must alway remember you lead your own life & must love yourself.
happy.gif

I know what you meant & how you feel of those stares & comments because I also alway kena. Hahahaha.... But I tell myself that I do not need to live with these people for the rest of my life so who bother?

So now just concentrate to prepare the rest of the stuff & continue on your slimming plan to become a mei mei bride.
happy.gif

daintyaqua

myfavchoco & others who sugguested i try halterneck gown, thanks & i appreciate them. i'll definitely try halterneck & bustier types lor. initially, thought of trying those with sleeves or off-shoulder types but after reading all the comments, i think i wont go wrong with halterneck & bustier types. unfortunately, we signed up with i-wedding during a wedding fair recently. a bit regret now cos when i subsequently visit their website, see that they dont really have many nice WG/EG for selection. dont know for trial fitting, they have more choices or not. worried that their gowns are already all displayed on their websites.

danlee, perhaps i will need to look at myself in the mirror more often & gradually like what i'm seeing. lol, this will be a difficult task though but i will take the first step lor. i know about the saying: if you dont love yourself, how can others love you so i will need to start with myself.

stacey, you think i am behind schedule huh? i thought there's still sufficient time to do all the things i have listed. btw, i just check with my banquet venue & they do provide ang pao box for use on AD so i might skipped the DIY part if time runs out.

can other btb kindly also share with me your progress pls? and also does anyone here have the 10 wedding commandments contract that you will make your hubby sign on AD? do email to [email protected] if you have a copy. i need one for reference. million thanks in advance!
happy.gif

i will do away with the hair combing ceremony & just have the Guo Da Li & An Chuan thingy. i am also planning to do away with the gate crashing thingy but thought of making my hubby sign the wedding contract before he can open my room's door. lol

daffier

Dainty, I mean u can ask other brides for slimming recipes..

I can't comment much on preparations cos I only booked banquet, buy ang bao box (haven't decorate), buy flower ger basket (haven't decorate) n sourcing bridal shops..

myfavchoco

Dainty,

must do the gate crash la.... don let him so easily get u lor.

mine is become not enough time, my jiemei didn sabo him enough.. kekeee.. but is kinda fun lor.
its part of the wedding =)

As for the hair combing rite, only those who had hair comb during their wedding can comb ur hair.
if u don comb hair, next time ur children or their partner wan the comb hair ceremony, then u cant comb for them le. (kekee i know i think too much, but i think is true =)

like my hubby, his parents and sister can comb his hair, end up must find his dad's friend which is so weird.

danlee

Dainty, be more confident ok. You will be a pretty bride.
happy.gif

Stacey, you can try The Aisle, LaBella & Bridal Zone. Because I went to these BS & they have gown for my size, so should not be a problem. I have signed up with Bridal Zone. If you need more info, do give me your email address so that I can share more with you.
happy.gif