2017 brides

pikachuuu

finally decided on AD photog (KWedding) and wedding location (Indocafe- The Whitehouse)
now all that's left are just the nitty-gritty!

Mi5sy

Hello 2017 BTBs! Just got to know that my best date is in Aug, feels like not enough time to plan and not sure what to cover!

purplegirafffe

Thanks! So far have only booked the venue (my church), we are just having a church wedding with no banquet so I guess that helps ease the planning a bit.
Have narrowed down some gown places too, will prob be checking them out in the next few weeks!

technikynesis

hi 2017 brides! :) hope everyone's wedding preparations are going smoothly... anw i wanted to ask if it's common to hire different photographers for pw and ad? my dilemma is that i really like the style of my pw photographer, but he's a bit on the pricey end plus only his assistant is available on my wedding day. on the other hand, the ad photographer i'm considering takes quite nice ad shots but his style for pw is too dramatic/edited for me. any advice?

dorvino

hi 2017 brides! :) hope everyone's wedding preparations are going smoothly... anw i wanted to ask if it's common to hire different photographers for pw and ad? my dilemma is that i really like the style of my pw photographer, but he's a bit on the pricey end plus only his assistant is available on my wedding day. on the other hand, the ad photographer i'm considering takes quite nice ad shots but his style for pw is too dramatic/edited for me. any advice?

My photographers are different for pw and ad too. Mine abit reverse of your situation. We like our ad photographer and zoomed in straight to book him. Also asked his rates for pw and realised out of our budget. So ended up we took another more affordable photographer for pw.

I guess so long you like the style, it doesnt matter if both are same or different?

msyanyan

Hello 2017 BTBs! Just got to know that my best date is in Aug, feels like not enough time to plan and not sure what to cover!

hello! i just got to know last week that my best date is in late June! so omg haha i only have 7 mths to plan! looking for an AD package, anyone care to share?

zhinggg

Hello 2017 btb!

I have just signed with feline. Heard mixed reviews about them. Went down to look at their gowns, pretty much choices & their service was not bad. Anyone engage them too? Any MAU & photographer to recommend?

Mi5sy

Hello 2017 btb!

I have just signed with feline. Heard mixed reviews about them. Went down to look at their gowns, pretty much choices & their service was not bad. Anyone engage them too? Any MAU & photographer to recommend?

Hi, I signed my PWS with feline but haven't had a chance to drop by their studio yet. Feeling very confused about them.

frommisstomrs

Hello all,

I was wondering who is a better JP. William cheong or chiang heng liang.

Looking for somebody a bit more fatherly, can speak both Chinese and English.

Chiou

Hi BTBs!

Congrats to all on your big day!

I'm a Dec 2017 BTB and just paid deposit for our lunch venue at Park Royal on Beach Road. Finally moving on to other decisions :rolleyes:

Am thinking of going for a bridal package that is inclusive of everything for Prewed and AD (gowns + suits rental, MUA, floral, corsage, car deco etc etc.) excluding PG & VG. Just wondering if any of you ladies have signed up for such packages and possible to share?

PM or email at [email protected]. Thanks in advance for your help!!:)

I got mine from Gown Forestry. And I like the make up and gowns. :)

Zoegoh89

Hi everyone! I'm an April 2017 Bride and I've gotten pretty much the following done

1) Booked church location date for solemnisation
2) Settled church catering (32 per pax for a nice setup for dessert table, kids table and 8 dishes - awesome deal and went for tastings for this alr)
3) Booked Banquet and setup (got a good deal here from BOWs previously, coordinator was really nice too)
4) Printed invites
5) Settled gown recently because I got so fickle with which to go with
6) Prewedding shoot soon

I've yet to settle for
1) Videographers
2) AD (Do most of you just use the same photographer from PW?) I am so unsure
3) Emcee for banquet dinner and church
4) Photobooth... should i have this at the banquet / church?
If no photobooth, what do your suggest I do for some activity for the guest?

Aj.tan

Hi everyone! I'm an April 2017 Bride and I've gotten pretty much the following done

1) Booked church location date for solemnisation
2) Settled church catering (32 per pax for a nice setup for dessert table, kids table and 8 dishes - awesome deal and went for tastings for this alr)
3) Booked Banquet and setup (got a good deal here from BOWs previously, coordinator was really nice too)
4) Printed invites
5) Settled gown recently because I got so fickle with which to go with
6) Prewedding shoot soon

I've yet to settle for
1) Videographers
2) AD (Do most of you just use the same photographer from PW?) I am so unsure
3) Emcee for banquet dinner and church
4) Photobooth... should i have this at the banquet / church?
If no photobooth, what do your suggest I do for some activity for the guest?

Hi!

For AD I'm using my photographer from PW cause he seems to be able to capture the moments well. Esp those where it happens just that second :)
I personally feel photobooth is not necessary but it will be nice to set up a backdrop for people to use their phones to take. Many guests just leave the hard copies behind for the weddings I attended. Then again, it depends on the demographics of your guests. Dont think you need to worry what they are going to do cause they will find something to do even if it's just chit chatting!
For my church and banquet emcees I'm just getting friends to do it!

Timmweilim

Hello 2017 brides, i'm kind of in my early planning right now looking at end of 2017 or early 2018. Am shortlisting these venues for my banquet, can anyone share their packages and perks with me?
- Intercontinental (lunch), marriott, swissotel merchant court, regent, novotel, hyatt (lunch). Anyone trying to plan a church solemnization & lunch banquet can share your programme? Seems quite rush to have this arrangement.
I'm also considering rico-a-mona, digio and labelle for bridal package! Would appreciate any details! Pls PM me? Thanks!

dhmgms

hello all, just to share my experience over the weekends when me and my htb went to look at AD package with 3 bridal studio.
I'm initially a Jan 17 bride (yea it's super rush and last min) but due to some circumstances, we've postponed to Nov 17.

I've search online on gowns and really like the one with Rico A Mona, The gown Warehouse & Beautiful Love Wedding. so I've made an appointment with them and head down last sat.

our first stop is Rico A Mona and we were attended by Tiffany. She's really nice and patient, giving us lots of idea and did not push us for their package and only proceed to give more details when we probed her. their AD package is quite reasonable and to top up for PWS. when I showed her the gown I like, she immediately went to look for it and other similar design, all for me to try when I told her I'm just looking around to compare the package.

we left and head to a bridal fair at suntec - which is actually seletar Broadway. the staff is super pushy and we couldn't stand and walked out after 15mins. their catalog are mannequin hence its hard to visualize how it actually look like when worn.

then we walked to raffles hotel for beautiful love wedding- attended by grace. everything is good and she gave good recommendation until we told her we are still considering and her face changed immediately. and we aren't allow to view the gowns before committing to her. their package is expensive but there's 20% so it's worthwhile and we're tempted to sign till the change of face.

I've seen online the package for the gown warehouse and it's really basic. hence to top up rest and it'll be about the same price as Rico A Mona so I've skipped them and decided to sign with Rico.

waiting for the dates to select my gown in Apr/May 17 as we're told there will be new collection.

Xiaohuibebe

Hi! I'm May 2017 btb and new in this forum.
can anyone share with me on their bridal package with Rico A Mona/The Gown Warehouse/labelle Couture? I am sourcing for gown rental for my PWS & AD too.
Thanks!

Taustaus

hello all, just to share my experience over the weekends when me and my htb went to look at AD package with 3 bridal studio.
I'm initially a Jan 17 bride (yea it's super rush and last min) but due to some circumstances, we've postponed to Nov 17.

I've search online on gowns and really like the one with Rico A Mona, The gown Warehouse & Beautiful Love Wedding. so I've made an appointment with them and head down last sat.

our first stop is Rico A Mona and we were attended by Tiffany. She's really nice and patient, giving us lots of idea and did not push us for their package and only proceed to give more details when we probed her. their AD package is quite reasonable and to top up for PWS. when I showed her the gown I like, she immediately went to look for it and other similar design, all for me to try when I told her I'm just looking around to compare the package.

we left and head to a bridal fair at suntec - which is actually seletar Broadway. the staff is super pushy and we couldn't stand and walked out after 15mins. their catalog are mannequin hence its hard to visualize how it actually look like when worn.

then we walked to raffles hotel for beautiful love wedding- attended by grace. everything is good and she gave good recommendation until we told her we are still considering and her face changed immediately. and we aren't allow to view the gowns before committing to her. their package is expensive but there's 20% so it's worthwhile and we're tempted to sign till the change of face.

I've seen online the package for the gown warehouse and it's really basic. hence to top up rest and it'll be about the same price as Rico A Mona so I've skipped them and decided to sign with Rico.

waiting for the dates to select my gown in Apr/May 17 as we're told there will be new collection.

hello~ just want to find out for the gown warehouse, what are the stuff that was excluded & how much does it cost to add them up? was the coordinator really unnegotiable for the additional items? & how much was the rico AD package? sorry for so many qn!! 'cos im considering btw rico & gown warehouse too but rico had seemed expensive to me..not been to TGW yet

aliciamzh

hi! i just signed a package with TGW last week. the lady (siew qin) who attended to me was really friendly & not pushy at all. she let me try a total of 8 gowns! told her after the fitting that i want to consider first & she didn't change face at all. she even encouraged me to go take a look at other bridal places before making decision. eventually went back to her after a week of going around to try. currently they have a $1988 NETT package which consists of 1 WG, 1 EG & 1 KUA. 2 mensuit, make up (2 looks) & inclusive of accessories, can can and veil. free dry cleaning as well as free alteration. now they are having a promo for a limited time period:-

can choose any of the item below:
1) 1 MTM mensuit
2) premium range waived (additional $200 is required if u want to top up from off rack to premium)
3) $188 off
4) floral package at $100 only (UP $300)

i chose $188 off. so my package is $1800 NETT. 50% deposit down. another 50% when collection of the gowns.

not to mentioned, the MUA list that they sent me to choose has more than 20 choices. had a hard time choosing~~
hope the above info helps you!! :)

aliciamzh

hey taustaus. no prob! nope, i did not. as both of our fathers have their own suit & we intend to bring our mothers out to buy instead of renting. but you can try?

Taustaus

ahh i see~~last qn (sorry! hahah), does it include makeup trial? & i guess this means, you need to buy your own flower bouquet that day?

aliciamzh

haha it's ok fellow btb! nope it doesnt. you have to pay the makeup trial fee to the MUA depending on the MUA you chose. hmm, i thought of the bouquet as well. but then i think it's not really necessary? might just forgo the whole bouquet thingy since im not really a flower person haha. but my AD is still far so i could still cont to hunt for more deals. And as for the car deco, i managed to source on carousell at less than 100. so it really depends on what you want... :)

rinjin

Hi! I'm May 2017 btb and new in this forum.
can anyone share with me on their bridal package with Rico A Mona/The Gown Warehouse/labelle Couture? I am sourcing for gown rental for my PWS & AD too.
Thanks!

Feb 2017 BTB here, signed up with LaBelle in Jan this year. I paid 3000+ for one wedding gown and one evening gown, with credits (or wishing stars) that you can use on other things like make up+hair, hand bouquet, car deco etc. I like that it's flexible and the consultant who is assigned to me is very helpful and nice to talk to. Didn't go with their photog though, cos my HtB didn't like their style. So we went with freelancers instead.

aliciamzh

@Taustaus yes haha. own preference i guess... hope you found your bridal package soon! faster find so that you can lock down prices early! now i only left with pre-wedding shoot & i can chill till my AD....

Taustaus

i made the mistake of singing my pre-wed too early when i did not do much homework & was at the stage when i didnt dare to request to try on more gowns. now i realise that bridal do not have much gowns that suit my bodyshape.. that's why i'm hoping to find alternative bridal for AD at a not-so-expensive cost. if i stick with my current bridal, it will be at $1400 (or 1900 if i want mtm) its a really huge cost difference & hence the dilemma

Xiaohuibebe

Hi all btb! So far i went to try on gowns at the first bridal shop. But may i know is it only me that after trying more than 10 gowns, yet none of it suits me?
Nonetheless, most of the gowns there are mostly too loose fitting for me. Do anyone encounter such problem?

Having trying more than 10 gowns, yet i only managed to be able to wear tube gowns.
The rest of the design like for example, off-shoulder, the shoulders are too loose for me. Therefore i felt none of it looks nice to me!

Is it only me? Or most of the bridal shop's off-the-shelf gowns are like this? I couldn't seems to decide on which design of the gown should i go for except for the tube type as it can be tighten at the back.

Taustaus

off shoulders also got can tighten at the back. i am very petite, & trust me, none of the OTR can fit me at first fitting. it will all need to be altered & the bridal ppl will always need to hold on to the excess fabric for me to see the 'effect'..for off shoulder, strap will also need to be 'taken in' so that it will fit nicely at the shoulders.

dont worry, its normal. & after trying many gowns, i also have not find my 'the gown' yet. fiance also dont have that 'the gown' feel (that feels even sadder haha! cos i always thought when the guys see us in gown the first time their eyes will brighten~ bleah)

Xiaohuibebe

off shoulders also got can tighten at the back. i am very petite, & trust me, none of the OTR can fit me at first fitting. it will all need to be altered & the bridal ppl will always need to hold on to the excess fabric for me to see the 'effect'..for off shoulder, strap will also need to be 'taken in' so that it will fit nicely at the shoulders.

dont worry, its normal. & after trying many gowns, i also have not find my 'the gown' yet. fiance also dont have that 'the gown' feel (that feels even sadder haha! cos i always thought when the guys see us in gown the first time their eyes will brighten~ bleah)
Same here! There's no wow factor for the both of us too! Didn't expect gown hunting was so tedious! :(

dorvino

THE gown may be just a bluff we saw from movies or drama hahaha.

Dont give up girls! It's not easy i know too cuz i have also searched high and low. Hope all of us can find THE gown soon :)