2017 brides

I'm 2017 bride!! What's your date? Wonder if it's too early to plan now....
Hehehs I don't think it's bad to plan early, u've gotten ur date alr? Mine shld b 1st half of 2017 bt haven gotten date cos need to find geomancer.

What have u started looking up? :) so glad to find someone here!

Magliew

Yes! I'm so glad to find U here too!

Mine is on 2nd jan 2017.

I just bought my bridal package yesterday. And currently looking for banquet.

What about U?

Which bridal house did u use? I'm at the stage of sourcing n have looked around a few bt nt yet signed. 2 Jan shld b qte a hot date, might b tough to get a hotel. Have u gone down to the hotels too?

Magliew

I bought from The Aisle Bridal. Have you checked them out?

I went down to Rendezvous Hotel. But have not confirmed with them. And checking out Tunglok from OPH.

You? Which bridal have U checked?? Have u went down to talk to them?

Ooh the aisle was one of my considered ones cos I like their new studio n gowns bt haven't signed with them cos they r abit pricier. Hw much was ur package? I went to digio, z wedding, Rico, the aisle n Castalia in jb :p now more inclined to Castalia cos its rlly much cheaper! Which bridals did u check out?

U r looking at hw many tables for ur banquet?

Magliew

Have you considered to have the wedding dinner in a western style setting? Like with tentage with aircon/non-aircon, wedding bands, a space for dancing and tables around? I had my wedding in Carnivore at MBS, only spent $10,000 for the dinner off 150 pax inclusive of alcohols and GST.

Hi, you have any pictures of how your wedding looks like? :) thank you!

zoexan

Hi BTB,

I am willing to go our signed package photoshoot in Taiwan. They are quite famous and I may say it's a quite high end with better result shots. Slightly expensive compare to Singapore bridal shops but I believe it is worthy. I'm sad to let go as my partner shifted his work in America next year, so we decided to take our pre wedding pics in USA instead of Taiwan, yet the expiry is in 2018. The bridal shop called La Fatte with price $2688. Reasonable price, they sell at common price for $3688. Otherwise, you may not get this price. Have been talked with the bridal shop, they said we can just change the new couples name will do for the changes of ownership. Anyone of you if interested, may PM me through my email address : [email protected].

Trust me, you won't regret to get this package.

Regards
Susan

Ps. No bargain of the price. As it is fixed and cheap. For further details of the package, you may email me. Will reply your email within 3 days.

Magliew

Hello! Welcome to this thread. Do share with us what you have been planning for your wedding! We can discuss together! :) :)

JM89

Hello! :)

So far we have only gotten our wedding date.

Was wondering if it is too early to start as all hotels that we emailed replied saying that they have not fixed 2017 packages yet. So we are not very sure what we can start on.

Hello! :)

So far we have only gotten our wedding date.

Was wondering if it is too early to start as all hotels that we emailed replied saying that they have not fixed 2017 packages yet. So we are not very sure what we can start on.
Don't think it's too early cos the few of us here have also started some prep :) have u settled ur bridal or only looking at hotels 1st?

JM89

Ok to share which hotels have u checked out? And how many tables u r looking at? :)
We only went to see some of the ballrooms previously, and requested current package info from some. Have not meet the coordinators yet since all said 2017 packages are not out yet. We are looking at mid 2017, so we are really taking our time. :)
Some that we thought we liked are Conrad, GWP, MBS, W hotel, Hyatt. Looking at around 20 tables for lunch. How about you? :)

We only went to see some of the ballrooms previously, and requested current package info from some. Have not meet the coordinators yet since all said 2017 packages are not out yet. We are looking at mid 2017, so we are really taking our time. :)
Some that we thought we liked are Conrad, GWP, MBS, W hotel, Hyatt. Looking at around 20 tables for lunch. How about you? :)
Ooh I've mainly looked up bridal shops and have visited quite a few already :) taking my time to research too cos it's still more than a yr away. We should be looking at weekend dinner for around 30 tables though. The hotels you've listed, besides MBS, should be a little above our budget :D

adrreg

hi ladies,

Anyone's planning for their wedding to be 2017? I'm looking for bridal boutiques alr. =/

But not sure if I'm getting too excited over looking for one now. Hahaha anyone in the same situation as me?

hi ladies,

Anyone's planning for their wedding to be 2017? I'm looking for bridal boutiques alr. =/

But not sure if I'm getting too excited over looking for one now. Hahaha anyone in the same situation as me?
Adrreg u r not alone! All of us here have looked up/ decided on some of the wedding stuff alr :) welcome to the club!

JM89

AD on 14 May 2017 :) Nope, only settled banquet as we don't want to risk not being able to get our choice of hotel.

AD on 14 May 2017 :) Nope, only settled banquet as we don't want to risk not being able to get our choice of hotel.
That's true, I've heard of hotels running out of dates even more than a yr in advance. Did u go to the geomancer to get ur wedding date? Conrad has gd food n service :) but definitely expensive :p

JM89

That's true, I've heard of hotels running out of dates even more than a yr in advance. Did u go to the geomancer to get ur wedding date? Conrad has gd food n service :) but definitely expensive :p
Yup, we engaged Grand master Tan Khoon Yong. He only provide 1 date, which also explains why we are more kanjiong to secure the banquet.

JM89

I'm looking at Conrad for lunch in 2017 too.. Did u manage to get any perks or just the standard package?
Hi! We didnt have much additional perks, only managed to get additiona 10% car passes, another 4 person for food tasting and complimentary use of salon room for solemnisation/tea ceremony. If you refer to the thread for Conrad, you can tell they are really strict on the perks. But I think they have really good service compared to the others that we visited. :)

swashed

Hi! We didnt have much additional perks, only managed to get additiona 10% car passes, another 4 person for food tasting and complimentary use of salon room for solemnisation/tea ceremony. If you refer to the thread for Conrad, you can tell they are really strict on the perks. But I think they have really good service compared to the others that we visited. :)
Yup I read the other thread.. I really like Conrad too that's why considering it despite the lack of perks lol. Did you have to pay for the projector too?

JM89

Yup I read the other thread.. I really like Conrad too that's why considering it despite the lack of perks lol. Did you have to pay for the projector too?
Yup have to. Of the few we met up, we felt that conrad's much more professional. And we really liked the ballroom. Anw, they will be having new themes by end of this year! :)

swashed

Yup have to. Of the few we met up, we felt that conrad's much more professional. And we really liked the ballroom. Anw, they will be having new themes by end of this year! :)
Wow that's great to hear about the new themes..Pushing me towards them hehe. Now only need to convince my bf :p

josieeprt

Keep us posted when you decide on ur venue! :)

I'm a 2017 bride too!
And I happened to find this thread as we were considering Conrad as one of the options.

Aiming to get married in 1H 2017. Have not started on anything yet. We are just silently doing location scouting but not making any appointments or commitments yet.

We were also thinking of 14 May too.
JM89, is yours dinner or lunch at Conrad?

JM89

I'm a 2017 bride too!
And I happened to find this thread as we were considering Conrad as one of the options.

Aiming to get married in 1H 2017. Have not started on anything yet. We are just silently doing location scouting but not making any appointments or commitments yet.

We were also thinking of 14 May too.
JM89, is yours dinner or lunch at Conrad?
Mine's a lunch! Since it's a Sunday we thought lunch would be more convenient for guests plus we are not sure if we like the idea of having 12 person per table. Conrad's lunch is 10 person per table.

If you are getting dinner on the same day maybe we can share the cost of the licence for the playing of music! :)

josieeprt

Mine's a lunch! Since it's a Sunday we thought lunch would be more convenient for guests plus we are not sure if we like the idea of having 12 person per table. Conrad's lunch is 10 person per table.

If you are getting dinner on the same day maybe we can share the cost of the licence for the playing of music! :)

Thanks for letting me know about the pax per table. Got to discuss with fiance about this!

We have 3 dates in mind: march because it will be close to anniversary, may and July because it sounds nice. All mid - month.

All this venue hunting sounds really exciting.

JM89

Thanks for letting me know about the pax per table. Got to discuss with fiance about this!

We have 3 dates in mind: march because it will be close to anniversary, may and July because it sounds nice. All mid - month.

All this venue hunting sounds really exciting.
Good that you can pick your own date! We can only stick to this date as it was given by our geomancer. Keep us updated on ur search! :)

papercutscreams

Hello all!

am gonna be a 2017 bride too. Haven't exactly gotten down to the bridal shops and wedding venue hunt. But I walked past the white link bridal roadshow just a couple of weeks though and it seems not bad. Anyone heard any reviews on them?

Hello all!

am gonna be a 2017 bride too. Haven't exactly gotten down to the bridal shops and wedding venue hunt. But I walked past the white link bridal roadshow just a couple of weeks though and it seems not bad. Anyone heard any reviews on them?
I've heard mixed reviews about them :/ but since we r all still early, take the time to hop from shop to shop and try their gowns! U've plenty of time to make your decision aft u've done ur research :)

papercutscreams

I've heard mixed reviews about them :/ but since we r all still early, take the time to hop from shop to shop and try their gowns! U've plenty of time to make your decision aft u've done ur research :)

Feeling very overwhelmed with just staring at all the different gowns. do you all start with the banquet venue or with the bridal shops?

seratoh

Erm I thinking of church wedding. Then I want to save on the banquet cost I don't mind just book a buffet sia, is it possible LOL