(2016) 2016 brides

Melissa.Babyunn

Good that u are almost there..

Hmm maybe you should ask pine garden when is the latest day to book.. as in case they have a lot of order on hands..

Once you know how many relatives to give then book it.
Thanks sister!

octobride

Need help for finding emcees! I emailed a few and the response I get is $688, $988 and even $1500!!!
Got any good emcees below $500?

I don't dare to ask any of my friends for help - paiseh la!

Jamietn

Need help for finding emcees! I emailed a few and the response I get is $688, $988 and even $1500!!!

Does u happen to have any cousins that dun mind to help ?

U can try wedding chijmes.. I asked b4 and their response for standalone emcee is $380..
Another one is little dream whereby standalone emcee is $450..

octobride

U can try wedding chijmes.. I asked b4 and their response for standalone emcee is $380..
Another one is little dream whereby standalone emcee is $450..

Thanks babe, i have emailed them :)
Which emcee did you engage in the end?

Hi! Thank you very much! An angel from this site just sent me a good recommendation too! Ah! Thank God for so many kind angels here! :)

Sharing is caring! :)

pl1726

can pm me too, i also looking for emcees. dont feel like troubling relatives or friends... wanna see if can get good and reasonably priced ones. thank you ladies

JuzDream

For those looking for emcee, I would recommend my bridesmaid hubby Farabi. He is British Indian and has a thick English Accent which will make yr wedding seem atas.

He got a full time job that requires him to speak very well.

Please whatsapp only to him at 86517413.

Ps: I am getting him as my own emcee as he is my bridesmaid hubby =)

tulipkiss

SOS! :( what should I say to reject a plus one request?

brief description: my parents invited one of their friends who is an old lady. the old lady's son will be fetching her to the banquet, and she requested that her son attend the banquet as well so that he can fetch her back afterwards.

thing is, we are not that close to the old lady to begin with.. she happens to be part of this social clique my parents are in. the son is currently jobless (iirc) so he's pretty free and available to fetch her around. (and might as well attend the banquet tgt)

my parents told the old lady that they will check the arrangements with me to see if there are enough seats.. as a hint of rejection.. yet the old lady questioned why, as parents of the wedding couple, they still have to check :/

the phone call ended with my parents saying they will call back again.
howwwww.

JuzDream

brief description: my parents invited one of their friends who is an old lady. the old lady's son will be fetching her to the banquet, and she requested that her son attend the banquet as well so that he can fetch her back afterwards.

thing is, we are not that close to the old lady to begin with.. she happens to be part of this social clique my parents are in. the son is currently jobless (iirc) so he's pretty free and available to fetch her around. (and might as well attend the banquet tgt)

my parents told the old lady that they will check the arrangements with me to see if there are enough seats.. as a hint of rejection.. yet the old lady questioned why, as parents of the wedding couple, they still have to check :/

howwwww.

My advice is not to give in to old lady request as there is no space for her son.....

Unless the old lady is your close relative or else there is no need for u and yr parents to accomodate her request......

Remember, it is yr wedding and not your parents wedding so no point make yr parents happy and make yrself unhappy over this incident for rest of yr life.

cjnsal

howwwww.

Just tell her nicely that there are limited seats that the banquet can have and you would not be able to host her son. Let her know that if she is unable to attend because of transportation issue, then you will be able to understand :)

annanovem

Hi.. did anyone had photoshoot in korea? I signed up with chungdam studio and is now abit worried how the photos will turnout.. haha

xrissy

Dear BTBs, i just came back from my prewedding shoot in Malacca. Contrary to what my friends told me that it would be very tiring, it was an amazing and memorable experience for us! The fun moments we had with our vendors are still running in my head. How I wish that day did not end so fast. I would like to give credit to our photographer Tay, and makeup team Eric and Agnes.

Our photographer Tay took extra time to meet us a day earlier to recce places to shoot. It was a two-way discussion, asking us for opinions and preferences.

Throughout the actual day of shooting, Tay was very patient and professional. He continued to build rapport with us to capture the most natural expressions. He was also very encouraging by saying 'good shot, very good etc'. This positivity helps my HTB and I alot as we become more confident and relaxed. We realized that its not only about the skills a photographer has or his portfolio, it's also about how he took the extra mile to achieve the perfect shots and building the chemistry with us. He also didn't fail to remember little things we mentioned before and took them to heart during the shoot. The next day after our photoshoot, he even brought us around some places in Melaka for good food, despite him not having to do so. We have indeed found a friend in him, and not just a passionate photographer who takes pride in his work.

My makeup team Eric and Agnes have vast experience as they do makeup not only for brides but also celebrities, editorials etc. Words cant describe how much i love my makeup and hair. My MUA Eric did a great job. I only had to show him examples of the makeup I like and he was able to create the look that suits my personality while incorporating what i like. My makeup lasted for more than 12 hours despite the hot humid weather.

I have pixie hair and this may be challenging for some MUA/hairstylists as most brides keep long hair. However my hairstylist Agnes has no problem with it. I only had to tell her i like it short & chic but yet keep abit of feminine. Agnes nailed it exactly right! She also managed to secure the veil onto my very short hair and my hairstyle stayed intact the whole day. The moment i saw my completed look, i went 'Wow, i love it! Thank u!'. Eric and Agnes also followed us during the shoot, making sure I look the best for every shots. They are very fun-loving, cracking jokes along the way. They were very engaged and also took casual shots with their phones to share with us.

My HTB and I are very blessed to meet this fantastic team, who made our experience stress-free and memorable. It is more like a friendship created than just vendor-client relationship.

Photographer: www.taychinwheiphotography.com
Makeup & flowers: www.facebook.com/eric.chong.779205

Last edited:

tulipkiss

My advice is not to give in to old lady request as there is no space for her son.....

Unless the old lady is your close relative or else there is no need for u and yr parents to accomodate her request......

Remember, it is yr wedding and not your parents wedding so no point make yr parents happy and make yrself unhappy over this incident for rest of yr life.

yeah.. just not too sure how to phrase it nicely to her. but I think one of the best ways (probably the only nice way) is to let her know as suggested by @cjnsal below..

tulipkiss

Just tell her nicely that there are limited seats that the banquet can have and you would not be able to host her son. Let her know that if she is unable to attend because of transportation issue, then you will be able to understand :)

guess that's the only way.. haha.. n hope she doesn't make a fuss.

octobride

Hi all BTB

I'm a Oct BTB and I don't know if there's anything left to do? I'm left with

Photoshoot
GDL
Bridal car rental
Wedding shoes
Mother gowns
Meet the parents
Food tasting
New bed
Bridesmaids/groomsmen outfits

What else? Like alot of things unsettled and I don't know where to begin with... Anybody got lobang for white Vellfire to rent as wedding car?

Clzh

Hi all BTB

I'm a Oct BTB and I don't know if there's anything left to do? I'm left with

Photoshoot
GDL
Bridal car rental
Wedding shoes
Mother gowns
Meet the parents
Food tasting
New bed
Bridesmaids/groomsmen outfits

What else? Like alot of things unsettled and I don't know where to begin with... Anybody got lobang for white Vellfire to rent as wedding car?
I'm left with the same things to do too. And also buying for GDL stuffs

octobride

Yes! Really too expensive already! I might be going to malaysia to get cos my friends bought from Malaysia and it's also cheaper than sg's

Like seriously, 1 set is made up from cheap items..... But so expensive. Because save time and trouble that's why.

cjnsal

In fact taobao i can get to choose the design, quality and material that i want. But for singapore shops if they sell in a set you cant really choose. If its ala carte, its expensive.

In fact taobao i can get to choose the design, quality and material that i want. But for singapore shops if they sell in a set you cant really choose. If its ala carte, its expensive.

I see.. I saw some shops in SG say you can choose different designs from the same range.. Like $49.90 tea set got these few designs etc..

I do agree that Taobao is a good option.. Not too sure which to get as I prefer to touch and feel the material before I decide.. :S

Phyris

Hi, just wondering if it's too early to start buying GDL items if my wedding is end 2016? How early in advance do you buy? Thanks!