(2016) 2016 brides

Serene04

I have settled the Bridal Studio for pre-wed and AD gowns, PG and VG for AD. MUA for mothers and wedding venue. Also paid deposit for bridesmaid dresses and groomsmen vests.

I can't remember if I have forgotten anything. My memory space is very small. Haha.
You are very efficient...Im also Oct btb :)
I have only booked my AD bridal and banquet. The rest Im still lazing....hahahaha

Too many things to source. Don't know where to start :p

Hello! Anyone have attended either park royal pickering or marina mandarin -vanda ballroom wedding? Hows the quality of the food serve? I'm stuck in making my choice between these 2 hotels..

Heard quite a few ppl say that PP's food is not worth the price.. I guess you pay more for the ambience..

I think the perks given on weekday is lesser than weekends as the price is cheaper.. that's what I heard..

I agree is so tough to decide which hotel to book. I was struggling between mbs n mm. In e end I chose mbs. But hearing few mixed reviews, I feel worried.

Yah I agree, but I think just follow your instinct and choose one. I had a hard time choosing my hotel too and almost all hotels have positive and negative reviews : )

hey guys! Sept 2016!
man.... i totally relac jack until i realized ummm, everything is booked. hoping to confirm the banquet soon. :(
haha.. my man more kancheong i think.

Hello! Congrats to you too! Mine is 27 Nov 2016.. U?
I only booked bridal package and banquet haha... U doing ala carte? Why need to find Mua? Me finding singers too...

Mine is on 11/11 :) bridal package I haven't book yet. Because not so soon, kiv going to Malaysia. Haha. Yes I'm doing alacarte. Once in my life, choose the best one . I booked my wedding banquet at Fullerton Hotel ... I'm finding live band , florist and start buying thing for GDL.

tulipkiss

Have a question here for 2016 BTB.

When do you start looking for solemniser? Any special criteria to note when choosing?

i started making a list of JPs we would like, about 3-4 mths prior. then approached the solemniser my friend recommended 3 mths b4 met up within 2 weeks to discuss and sign the consent form.

Heard quite a few ppl say that PP's food is not worth the price.. I guess you pay more for the ambience..

I think the perks given on weekday is lesser than weekends as the price is cheaper.. that's what I heard..

ok, thanks @klijing_sg oh, but i look at their menu, they do have some "atas" food like bird nest and cod fish eh. Sorry if i seems abit mountain tortoise if other hotel do provide such food. Coz me and HTB didnt look for alot of hotels as we didnt wanna confuse ourselves.. :)

effie05

@J&A I'm a nov BTB who booked pan pac! So far have paid deposit for photographer and videographer. Now trying to decide on a MUA. By the way, is $1,500 for pre-wedding (2 looks) and 2 looks for AD considered expensive? Make up starting at 5am for pre-wed and 4am on AD. The $1,500 is inclusive of all charges...

J&A

@J&A I'm a nov BTB who booked pan pac! So far have paid deposit for photographer and videographer. Now trying to decide on a MUA. By the way, is $1,500 for pre-wedding (2 looks) and 2 looks for AD considered expensive? Make up starting at 5am for pre-wed and 4am on AD. The $1,500 is inclusive of all charges...
Hi! Im an Oct BTB with pan pac too! Im not sure if that is considered expensive for MUA because i signed tgt w my bridal package.. which photographer and videographer did u go for?

ok, thanks @klijing_sg oh, but i look at their menu, they do have some "atas" food like bird nest and cod fish eh. Sorry if i seems abit mountain tortoise if other hotel do provide such food. Coz me and HTB didnt look for alot of hotels as we didnt wanna confuse ourselves.. :)

I'm not too sure myself about the birdnest part.. but for the fish I think the hotels will have.. its just whether will need to top up.. also depends if you are a fish person.

The more expensive menus have better fishes. Lol!

effie05

@J&A did you get the pacific or ocean ballroom? I signed with Andri Tei for photography (friend's recommendation) and AFerrisWheel for videography (SG bride forum there was a graduated bride who recommended). I initially shortlisted bloc memoire but they were out of my budget.

J&A

@J&A did you get the pacific or ocean ballroom? I signed with Andri Tei for photography (friend's recommendation) and AFerrisWheel for videography (SG bride forum there was a graduated bride who recommended). I initially shortlisted bloc memoire but they were out of my budget.

I got pacific ballroom for a sunday lunch :) have u heard good reviews on their food / service? I like their ballroom and the privacy (right at the corner on L1) but not sure abt their food.. may i ask how much u spent on both photography and videography? I love bloc memoire style too, but so ex!

I wished I could book Pan Pac for my wedding too.. especially the Level 1 ballroom.. but I can't reach the minimum number of tables for that room which was like 40 plus..

effie05

My min number of table for a Saturday lunch was 35. Food wise I've read reviews somewhere that it's not bad. I also booked the pacific ballroom! I spent $4200 for pg (AD 10 hours and pre-wed 6 hours with a 30-pg album. VG is $1,650 for about half day of service. I think the time when I enquired with bloc memoire, they have already revised their rates and it was like more than $5k for an AD+pre-wedding package. They couldn't lower the price because they are a husband-wife team, meaning it's a price for 2 photographers instead of one. I also contemplated Said&Meant photography but HTB prefers Andri Tei. FYI, we met up with all the PGs and VGs that we shortlisted coz we wanted to see the "feel" of talking to them in person. Andri was very meticulous, he even prepared 2 sets of headphones and attached it to his iPad for us to view his slideshow of pictures. He also didn't pressure us or anything, just told us to take our time. Neither was he too desperate.. Which was why we chose him in the end. My colleague who's also having her wedding in the following month after mine is engaging his services.

I'm doing dinner that's why they said minimum was 40 I think.

Bloc memoire's pricing is non negotiable compared to some other photography companies.. that's why I chose not to take them now. Their price increased from the time I asked them in Jan this year. So I felt that it was not really worth it..

I took awesome memories in the end and it's 2 PGs too (and cheaper) and they were so friendly when we met up with them all 4 of us were full of laughter!! Hope it continues to remain this way till our wedding day. :)

J&A

@effie05 relieved to hear that the food is good! My min table for sunday lunch i managed to nego to 28 tables... i really like pacific ballroom. High ceiling and no pillars with private driveway. Like the privacy! The bridal suite is also v big!

@klijing_sg did you try to nego with pan pac? I managed to nego abit so u can try! So envious that u guys got the VG and PG u like... im starting to wonder if i was too rash in making my decision for AD PG and VG... hope it will turn out well!

@effie05 relieved to hear that the food is good! My min table for sunday lunch i managed to nego to 28 tables... i really like pacific ballroom. High ceiling and no pillars with private driveway. Like the privacy! The bridal suite is also v big!

@klijing_sg did you try to nego with pan pac? I managed to nego abit so u can try! So envious that u guys got the VG and PG u like... im starting to wonder if i was too rash in making my decision for AD PG and VG... hope it will turn out well!

I didn't negotiate with them as I was still visiting hotels. I didn't do much research much for VG.. looked through a few only and just booked.. but for PG I emailed quite a few until I forgot who I emailed unless they replied me. Haha.

effie05

@J&A kind of regretted not negotiating for lesser tables! Basically everything that Ivan offered, met our requirements so the only thing we got him to increase was complimentary parking tickets for our guests. Also after meeting with our vg, think I might need to ask the hotel for a spare room or business center where video editing can take place for the express highlights.

@klijing_sg I'm quite glad that I didn't succumb to temptation and sign with bloc memoire. Although I've heard many awesome reviews about them, the meet up with guan hui didn't turn out to be very sincere. I had the "take it or leave it" feeling... Well he did try to ask us how we met and all but it sounded very procedural if you get what I mean. I guess it's good that we both got what we wanted! :)

veebee139

Hello! Anyone have attended either park royal pickering or marina mandarin -vanda ballroom wedding? Hows the quality of the food serve? I'm stuck in making my choice between these 2 hotels..
My HTB went for a wedding at ParkRoyal on Pickering couple weekends ago and he said it was average. The waiter he got was a bit inexperienced, didnt distribute soup properly and didn't know how to cut the fish and wasted some of it before taking it away. The ambience is definitely good and looks very grand at the entrance of the hotel but the food is okay. He said it wasn't bad but it just did not live up to the grandeur of the hotel.

J&A

@effie05 my coordinator was also ivan! a very flexible guy, give me the feeling that he knows what he is doing. My HTB is very impressed with his service. Oh i didnt think of that.. think i will also need to request for a spare room!

mifenmei

I think 1 barrel of beer is about 30 glasses.. can check with hotel. Since you have free flow wine.. maybe let the guests drink wine once the beer has finished?
I thought 1 barrel is about 90 glasses? Btw..good idea about drinking wine after beer has finished! I keep thinking the extra chgs when beer is finished...

I thought 1 barrel is about 90 glasses? Btw..good idea about drinking wine after beer has finished! I keep thinking the extra chgs when beer is finished...

Haha. Actually I cannot remember. Maybe you are correct.. maybe 1 barrel is 30L.. I'm not good at such things. =X

But yes. Just give your guests the next best alternative or bargain with coordinator again?