(2016) 2016 brides

Yes, sourcing hotel is really tough! Moreover, my and HTB only plans to have around 20tables. So majority of the hotel could only offer a smaller ball room..
BTW how much is roughly the cost for the live band/singer?

caren_c

Yes, sourcing hotel is really tough! Moreover, my and HTB only plans to have around 20tables. So majority of the hotel could only offer a smaller ball room..
BTW how much is roughly the cost for the live band/singer?
You can go for hotels where there's only 1 ballroom :) perhaps M Hotel?

Hahaha!!! Actually, only church. So we are like..... kind of slightly kancheong on the venue. But we are looking at Oriental! Meeting them this week!
Nice to meet you!!

I'm a sept BTB too! :D

I feel that oriental food is quite good, attending a wedding there couple of months back. Perhaps u can consider Regent, I heard many good reviews for them

Oh gosh.. We decided to ROM next month on 14 November.. But cannot find a jp now. We have been emailing the popular ones though. Should I be panicking now and mass spamming?

urban

Anyone keen in handcrafted crystal boutique? Any cheap ways to buy it?? I saw at wedding shows booth. It is beautiful!!

Just went for my first appointment with digio last sat and i am very disappointed with the service given despite the comments about the good service on forums and digio was on my top list to go.
I made appointment 1 week ago but when i enter the shop i felt like they wasn't expecting me at all.
I went with 2 of my friends and perhaps we looked too young. im 24 this year but my friend looks really young.
I was served by the girl called qing wen/qian wen. She didnt recommend any gowns that suit my body shape and just ask me to see which one i liked. i wasnt showed their evening gowns and their outdoor gowns.

Even my friends felt really uncomfortable there and we felt like we are being judge and not being serious about it.
I left the shop feeling disappointed because i had high hopes for them.

I went over to their sister shop Rico after that, Rico looks more crowded with lots of people. And Jaslin was the one who served us. It was a different kind of atmosphere over at rico, i felt welcome and not judged. (though the moment we enter the shop, people stared at us)
Jaslin asked about my preference of gowns and recommended gowns that she thought suit me. I tried about 5 gowns with nothing signed. I felt really comfortable with jaslin and rico gowns are very beautiful.

Just went for my first appointment with digio last sat and i am very disappointed with the service given despite the comments about the good service on forums and digio was on my top list to go.
I made appointment 1 week ago but when i enter the shop i felt like they wasn't expecting me at all.
I went with 2 of my friends and perhaps we looked too young. im 24 this year but my friend looks really young.
I was served by the girl called qing wen/qian wen. She didnt recommend any gowns that suit my body shape and just ask me to see which one i liked. i wasnt showed their evening gowns and their outdoor gowns.

Even my friends felt really uncomfortable there and we felt like we are being judge and not being serious about it.

I went over to their sister shop Rico after that, Rico looks more crowded with lots of people. And Jaslin was the one who served us. It was a different kind of atmosphere over at rico, i felt welcome and not judged. (though the moment we enter the shop, people stared at us)
Jaslin asked about my preference of gowns and recommended gowns that she thought suit me. I tried about 5 gowns with nothing signed. I felt really comfortable with jaslin and rico gowns are very beautiful.

The last when I went they told me that the new selection of gowns might be coming in soon. So u might want to check Rico again nearer to year end :)

J&A

Its unfortunate to hear of ur experience at digio! I had a very good experience there (served by yuli) and i tried on 8 gowns without signing. She wasnt pushy thru out the 2 hrs too. I eventually signed with rico because i think i prefer their gowns. Was also served by jesline! Nice lady :) hope you find a bridal boutique that suits u soon!

Um think you got the 21 days mixed up. It's not after but it's before. If you want to hold a solemnisation ceremony/ wedding on 14/11, the latest date you have to file a notice of marriage on the Registry of Marriage website is on 23/10. That means you must find a solemniser otherwise known as JP by 23/10.

Yup that is what I just realised.. I need to find a solemniser 21 days earlier than I thought! Thanks for the dates!

ohmytego

Not yet! So I must find a jp before doing the efiling? I didn't know that.. Then it's even more urgent! Since we need 21 days after the efiling before we can get married

hahahahaha and i suddenly realised this is 2016 thread so its next year. don't worry i think you have lots of time but of course the popular ones you have to chope early.

Its unfortunate to hear of ur experience at digio! I had a very good experience there (served by yuli) and i tried on 8 gowns without signing. She wasnt pushy thru out the 2 hrs too. I eventually signed with rico because i think i prefer their gowns. Was also served by jesline! Nice lady :) hope you find a bridal boutique that suits u soon!

yeah i guess i was just unlucky. haha. I should be signing with rico!

hahahahaha and i suddenly realised this is 2016 thread so its next year. don't worry i think you have lots of time but of course the popular ones you have to chope early.

No actually we want to do it next month! Like nov 15. Because the next year dates given to us by our fengshui master do not work for us.. Due to work commitments etc. waited so long for the dates yet the dates r not suitable sighhh........

Found my JP after emailing from the top 40 list and from GRC list. My big day is on Apr 2016. Most of the popular ones are going overseas or not free. Girls, no harm trying to email them 6 months or even earlier!

DJ2016

No actually we want to do it next month! Like nov 15. Because the next year dates given to us by our fengshui master do not work for us.. Due to work commitments etc. waited so long for the dates yet the dates r not suitable sighhh........
You don't have much time left. Better hurry. If yours is on a wkday, maybe can check if you can do it onsite at ROM. If it's a weekend, i think you will have a hard time seeing you have only a mth and most solemnisers wld have been booked.