(2015) 2015 brides??

jkwedding308

Haha I'm usually a flip flop person so the next best thing I have is a pair of converse =P guess I can wear shorts, yay! hahaha..

Hehe, I haven't seen any bride wear shorts either but there have been brides who wore jeans or short skirts during my appointment day.. But I won't be too fussed up about it.. ;)

sukiekitty

I think when I saw my vows I will either laugh out loud or cry. So extreme but I'm like that. Haha probably makes for a good photo moment.

traciee

Aaah ok. I'll see what's left in my closet by then hehe.

Can wear shorts dun worry! Saw a few ladies wearing shorts n slippers.. ROM not particular in dress code for documents verification..

I too same as @eiko wore a dress and felt I was overdressed LOL. Afterall, the whole process only last for less than 10mins..

alyooop

Can wear shorts dun worry! Saw a few ladies wearing shorts n slippers.. ROM not particular in dress code for documents verification..

I too same as @eiko wore a dress and felt I was overdressed LOL. Afterall, the whole process only last for less than 10mins..
Shorts n slippers it is then! XD

eiko

Agree with traciee... they are not particular in dress code. The raise our right arm part was funny...

traciee

Agree with traciee... they are not particular in dress code. The raise our right arm part was funny...

I know right!!! I was laughing with my hubby about that also.. n thruout the swearing part I was whispering n reading damn fast lol.

jkwedding308

Lol!! If I knew, I would have rocked up in shorts and flip flops haha.. Didn't wear a dress but I did wear a blouse and skirt but still didn't feel overdressed as somehow everyone seems to be dressed a bit more on my appointment day haha.. I was reading the statutory declaration as fast as I can - there's just so much text in there!! Plus I knew what mattered was the actual wedding vows that my hubby and I exchanged during our solemnization ceremony on our AD - despite writing our own vows, it still took time for us to memorize our vows and it was a lil nervous for us both when we tried to recite our vows from memory but we were so excited that we're finally getting married and that we would want to honour our vows.. My hubby recited his vows really slowly while I recited mine at average speed but I noticed I blinked a lot during that time, haha...

My AD is 27 June too....Same here a bit too free...
1)but now i'm looking for bridemaids' dresses, bestmen clothes
2) thinking of songs and music to use...all not confirmed.
3)Looking for costume jewellery to match gowns and bought red shoes for traditional kua
4)Also checking cheaper printer for invitation card.
5)dun forget to think of wedding theme!
Hey..same here. My AD is on 27th jun 15 too

tulipkiss

Met up with bluebay yday to discuss about pre-wedding shoot last night. And finally I'm feeling excited over the wedding prep again! Had been procrastinating for past few weeks/months..

Hi I'm new. A 2015 July bride.

1. I've booked the AD dinner banquet at Rendezvous hotel. (Haven't seen any other brides from there yet.)
2. Booked a full bridal package from French bridal
3. Engaged a AD photographer (Skipping VG)

Haven't really planned my ROM, didn't know where to start, wanted to do it on the same banquet day but my SO's parents refused - claiming too rushed and it will lead to unhappiness. Anyway, I wish I've join the forum to get more ideas first. I didn't notice some hotel do charge for the usage of the projector and audio. I assumed it is part of the package. Moreover, I also just noticed Rendezvous wavier the corkage for hard liquor but not wine, I should have noticed that and ask for wavier for wine too. Now, I'm in a dilemma (Hotel provides 1 bottle of wine per table) - Is a bottle of wine for each table enough (we know 1/3 of the guest drinks a little) but if we purchase more it is charged $45++ for one bottle. Very costly.
Hi.. which AD photographer you engaged?

Why didn't you want it? For us, we can't bring ourselves to be serious and do poses for proper photoshoot, so it will probably end up super awkward. Our AD photographer seems to do it as part of his usual AD routine so might as well have a few non-candid photos.

We thought about checking in a day earlier too but my parents are old fashioned and they will go berserk about it, so we scraped that idea =(
Hi.. possible to share which photographer you engaged for ur AD?

We're skipping pre photos, but our AD photographer will help us take some couple photos around our venue before the rom signing and lunch. We're skipping the fetching entirely too, too lazy to be bothered with it haha.
Hi possible to share which photographer you engaged for ur AD

Hi there, if you are looking for a wedding photographer, you may to consider JS Wedding Photography. Check them out at www.jswedding.photography - 3 of my friends used them for their AD last month and my bro used them for his pre-wedding photoshoot. They all had very good reviews and they were full of praise for the 2 photographers. I understand that there is a promotion now, something like S$2,500 for both of the photographers because each have different styles which compliment each other. Hope this helps!
hi thanks for yr recommend..but my budget is $1k

vonneylove

Hi ladies,

do you think if its ok to get both PG and VG from different companies for the AD? I'm scared that there will be clashes or any disagreements between the PG and VG becos both are from different companies and they may not communicate and have any coordination. =(

nahsiew

This is really not bad for the price! Thanks for sharing.
But i went to their website, the published portfolio all of ang moh couples...

yeap..if u read about them..its cos they had been living in canada for a period of time and its till recently they came back here for good. so i think the portfolios are all caucasian..they are born and bred singaporeans btw.. so well.. its whether you are comfortable to go ahead :) but first of all ask if the package is still available :)

traciee

Just to check... for a simple wedding (no gatecrash, just directly check in to hotel 1 day before n wedding day just do tea ceremony n lunch banquet), roughly how many helpers do I need? :/ I intend to engage own ppl for emcees as well so wanna faster book them :p

alyooop

Just to check... for a simple wedding (no gatecrash, just directly check in to hotel 1 day before n wedding day just do tea ceremony n lunch banquet), roughly how many helpers do I need? :/ I intend to engage own ppl for emcees as well so wanna faster book them :p
How about doing up a detailed schedule and see what are the tasks needed for each timing, then figure out how many helpers you need to help with those?

We're doing just a short photoshoot, Rom and tea ceremony, then lunch. We have a best man who is doing a short emcee intro before our march in and help directing people, my maid of honour to help with anything I need as well as looking after the jewellery needed for tea ceremony, and 3 more helpers to help with decor and reception duties while our best man and MoH are busy.

Try to have a helper who is the main point of contact for all your vendors like mua and pg, and your guests, in case they call u when they get lost. This way you don't get stressed out by all the random calls needing your attention.

G&Z

Hi ladies,

do you think if its ok to get both PG and VG from different companies for the AD? I'm scared that there will be clashes or any disagreements between the PG and VG becos both are from different companies and they may not communicate and have any coordination. =(

actually i think it is fine... im engaging my PG & VG from 2 different companies

tulipkiss

Agree with @alyooop, list down the tasks and see how many pax you need from there.
My girlfriend had 4 jiemeis for her wedding lunch recently. hers also very simple.. gatecrash aside, 3 might be enough for the day. 1 to do decor/reception (though having 2 persons might make it more fun for the helpers), 1 to coordinate with the hotel staff, 1 emcee.

traciee

Thanks @alyooop and @tulipkiss ! I have a better idea now! Actually I've alr planned out the tasks n schedule for that day.. just that im worried if I allocate too many tasks to a same person, he/she will get messy too :/

Jehvy

I also need to start planning how many helpers I need for the actual wedding day but I really clueless what the helpers need to help us with since I have never help out in the wedding.

I'm doing a dinner banquet with no gate crashing in the morning but the groom has to bring a roasted pig to my parents' place. Morning tea ceremony , lunch than go to the hotel. Followed by photo-taking in hotel before the dinner reception.

Can anyone enlighten me?

nahsiew

I also need to start planning how many helpers I need for the actual wedding day but I really clueless what the helpers need to help us with since I have never help out in the wedding.

I'm doing a dinner banquet with no gate crashing in the morning but the groom has to bring a roasted pig to my parents' place. Morning tea ceremony , lunch than go to the hotel. Followed by photo-taking in hotel before the dinner reception.

Can anyone enlighten me?

hmmm in my opinion..
for the roasted pig, u will need 2 brothere to help u with it. at least.
for yourself thruout the day, u will need 1 jiemei whom u can entrust all your belongings to, like ur makeup pouch, mobile phones etc. you will also need someone to help u change ur gowns in the day and during banquet. it can be the same person for these 2 roles.
during tea ceremony, you will also need someone to safekeep the angbaos for both sides. it can be a jiemei and a brother. but if u and htb are ok to have just 1 helper to oversee this part, thats fine too.
you will also need ppl to help u at recep. that will be flexi and its up to u. but usually better to have at least 1 frm ur relatives side and 1 from ur friends pool for both the groom and bride side. u will also need the brothers to help ard the logistics like getting ppl ready for table shoots, someone to do AV if there's a need, and more imptly, assign someone who is the overall contact pt.

so all in all, you'll need at least 2 brothers and 2 jiemeis for the whole day should u these 4 ppl be "usable" for entire day's duties.

i donhave gatecrashing too and ill be doing dinner banquet. for me and for now (since my wedding is only in dec 2015 and i havent really get down to confirming the ppl), i will be having 2 bros n 2 jiemeis for the day. my recep ppl for bride's side will be entirely diff group of ppl.

so all in all.. i guess its all up to u :) list down the rundown of the whole day and see which are the areas u think u need help in.. hope it helps! :)

Jehvy

hmmm in my opinion..
for the roasted pig, u will need 2 brothere to help u with it. at least.
for yourself thruout the day, u will need 1 jiemei whom u can entrust all your belongings to, like ur makeup pouch, mobile phones etc. you will also need someone to help u change ur gowns in the day and during banquet. it can be the same person for these 2 roles.
during tea ceremony, you will also need someone to safekeep the angbaos for both sides. it can be a jiemei and a brother. but if u and htb are ok to have just 1 helper to oversee this part, thats fine too.
you will also need ppl to help u at recep. that will be flexi and its up to u. but usually better to have at least 1 frm ur relatives side and 1 from ur friends pool for both the groom and bride side. u will also need the brothers to help ard the logistics like getting ppl ready for table shoots, someone to do AV if there's a need, and more imptly, assign someone who is the overall contact pt.

so all in all, you'll need at least 2 brothers and 2 jiemeis for the whole day should u these 4 ppl be "usable" for entire day's duties.

i donhave gatecrashing too and ill be doing dinner banquet. for me and for now (since my wedding is only in dec 2015 and i havent really get down to confirming the ppl), i will be having 2 bros n 2 jiemeis for the day. my recep ppl for bride's side will be entirely diff group of ppl.

so all in all.. i guess its all up to u :) list down the rundown of the whole day and see which are the areas u think u need help in.. hope it helps! :)

It helps, have to start brain storming who I can recruit. Thank you so much.

alyooop

Maybe have 2 people to help with tea ceremony will be better so someone can help pour tea and rinse the cups and the other person can help keep angpows. Also, some people prefer to have the same number of helpers from groom side and bride side, but this depends on your preference.

hey gers..need some advise or comment from u gers on the below photographers:
- timeless photographer
- firefly photography
- happy eyes photography
-one sweet affair production
-Peter tan photographer
-JR photographer

hey gers..need some advise or comment from u gers on the below photographers:
- timeless photographer
- firefly photography
- happy eyes photography
-one sweet affair production
-Peter tan photographer
-JR photographer

16048204728_2f8cdbe83b_c.jpg

"Like A Rose"

Be it a natural fresh look for your special day or a glamorous look for your evening soirée,
your makeup can only last with a good skincare.

Being a personalized bridal, we plan every little details with your interests at heart to make you the most beautiful bride
for your once-in a -lifetime occasion with our exclusive Korea Designer gowns and styling.
(First and Only Bridal in Singapore)

As we mention, we plan your wedding like no others, because wedding planning isn't buying a sales item at any bazaar,
if you agree?

Do you know that we are returning you with "All the photos soft copies" for your pre-wedding shoot both locally or in Korea with us,
because we know your memories are priceless!

To enjoy the benefits we have specially designed for you, please join our upcoming
"Skincare Secrets Workshop" on Saturday, 24th Jan 2015.

Limited seats only!
For brides and grooms, who deserve a personalized wedding.

RSVP at http://www.thelouvrebridal.com/event-skincareworkshop.html

Because You are Different!

www.thelouvrebridal.com
Your Personalized Bridal

Locate us at our cozy boutique at Bugis!
261, Waterloo Street, Waterloo Centre #01-18 (S180261)
Our boutique is opened daily (except Sundays & Public Holidays) from 11am-8pm.

Be our Face book fans and enjoy exclusive perks and privileges!

Discover the gems of The Louvre Bridal

13302325455_c741c3a8d9_n.jpg

eiko

Lol!! If I knew, I would have rocked up in shorts and flip flops haha.. Didn't wear a dress but I did wear a blouse and skirt but still didn't feel overdressed as somehow everyone seems to be dressed a bit more on my appointment day haha.. I was reading the statutory declaration as fast as I can - there's just so much text in there!! Plus I knew what mattered was the actual wedding vows that my hubby and I exchanged during our solemnization ceremony on our AD - despite writing our own vows, it still took time for us to memorize our vows and it was a lil nervous for us both when we tried to recite our vows from memory but we were so excited that we're finally getting married and that we would want to honour our vows.. My hubby recited his vows really slowly while I recited mine at average speed but I noticed I blinked a lot during that time, haha...
Oh you mean you get to write your own vows? Was it after the "I do" part? Mine was at ROM office so we didn't say many words I think....the JP did everything for us

jkwedding308

Oh you mean you get to write your own vows? Was it after the "I do" part? Mine was at ROM office so we didn't say many words I think....the JP did everything for us

We only went to ROM for the standard statutory declaration bit but our actual solemnization ceremony was done outside of ROM. We didn't get a JP to do it but a church elder to solemnize our wedding so yeah, we can write and recite our own vows..

alyooop

congrats!! hope everything had turned out well!!!
Yup yup! It's true what they say about not getting to eat properly, and that everything goes by very quickly. But very happy that everyone enjoyed themselves and they liked how simple and casual it was. Best was they love the food yay!

Oops thought I posted in the Jan thread, so... Good luck to the rest of the 2015 couples!!

oyasuminasai

Hello BTBs!

I'm new here, going to have my wedding on July 2015 and just started planning this month .

I'm booking Raffles Hotel East India Rooms for lunch buffet.. Anyone has attended and tasted their food?

Anyone engaged PG and VG Superpanda Presents? I love their works but they are a little bit slow in replying emails..

What is the usual event rundown for wedding? Is having games necessary? I'm worried my guests will find my wedding boring..

Ahh sorry that I have many questions, first time marriage here lol ;)