(2012/10) OCT 2012 BTB

megal

@liquidzza - ya, mine also choose from home. Some photos, really can't tell unless see high res. Not sure where the eyes are looking! Was also thinking of going to their office to choose. How many photos in total did u receive for selection?

Which printshop are u going with?

@JT - mine also 85 shots. I don't think I will be topping up. Haha. Can't afford to!!!

liquidzza

@jt, whens ur gdl??looking at our dates, either 16 sep or 29sep... when u taking ps?

im going to see my card printing shop tmw n also select pre wed photos..meeting two florist from hotel on 1jun to decide who to take..hmmm, but im abit sian doing everything alone coz bf not in sg..

anyway, ask u all. do ur MUA put double eyelid tape and ampoule for u? apparently mine didnt, she say my eyes put sticker look very obvious n not nice..

also, i thought alot pple always say put ampoule then makeup will last longer...so do u put only ampoule just before MUA apply makeup for your ps? how come mine nv put nor ask mi buy...but my fren's MUA juey huey also nv put anything...hmmm

megal

I have double eyelids, so my MUA didn't put for me. She tried then took it off. Didn't have ampoules. I don't think my actual day have ampoules too, but cos I have oily t zone, wondering if I should buy my own.

It's good that it MUA nv try and charge u more. Or maybe she assess ur skin and think u don't need?

megal

@liquidzza - how did ur photo selection go? I haven't even had time to choose my photos.
sad.gif

liquidzza

Megal, I went to select photos at moo today coz going Frankfurt new York for 8 days tmw. coz I got one eye big one eye small so very worried abt the eyes. Think I spent 3hrs there! No leh, MUA say my skin is dry when se applied makeup..;(

Also went to select cards. The card I want need to order fr states, so I think btbs should go print card earlier...mine need to tie ribbon still after collecting cards. Was told it will take 5weeks.

Looking for wedding emcees now, coz seems like no suitable friends.any recommendation? Hee.. U all got ur emcee?

jenovith

@Liquidzza & Megal - GDL shld be 2 wks before my AD, so will refer to the calendar n see how things goes.. my mum ask me dont b overly superstition, cos i lost the paper on the GDL date, but i have a rough impression is either on 29/30 Sep..
i think my MUA put like 3 double eyelid tape on me that day.. bwahahaha! maybe cos the eyelash very thick, so need to make my eyes slightly bigger den usual..

went to select photos today.. stick within the allocated no. of photos just gave up an 8R table top & mini album in exchange for add. 2 more photos.. so ended up with 34 pics.. hehe!

@ Liquidzza: yup gotten 2 of my gfs to b emcee, if u r looking for band for AD they can do the speech too.. =)

megal

I bought and ordered my GDL and dowry stuff already. Next we have to attack the invitation cards!

Plus I haven't selected my photos. Sigh. Been so busy at work that I have no energy left to plan my wedding. And now I am suddenly sick!!! Geez..

liquidzza

@megal, you are fast!whens ur GDL date? anyway, where did u buy your GDL stuff...saw fb alot btbs says the set cost more than $200 so ex!both our parents seems easy about the things..i feel like im more traditional than them! my mum even ask if I NEED the basin n clogs n stuff...wonder if we have to buy, coz definitely wont use one hor?

did you all get the red umbrella, chuang tou lamp?
What to buy for GDL?

megal

@liquidzza - my date is 22 sept. haha. I just wanted to sort things fast. I ended up buying my dowry set from Msia. Much cheaper there! Dollar to dollar price, so u earn on exchange rate. The things that are sold are the same as Singapore as well. My HTB ordered his GDL items from shuang xi le in the end. They are much cheaper than the Chinese wedding shop.

If I have the choice, I won't buy the basin. Some shops nw have a mini prosperity set that can be used for display. But my mom insists on the big set. For clogs, I also only bought the mini ones. Haha. For me, as simple as possible!!

Yes I did buy the bedside lamp and haven't decided on the red umbrella. The umbrella is only for the Hokkein custom.

Have u been to any of the shops?

javhui

Hi all

Am pretty new to this forum. My AD is on 14 Oct 12 and I have not buy the bridesmaid dresses. Realise there are still a lot of stuff to settle - Childhood montage, guo da li, food tasting, invitation cards, choosing of songs. Anything else I miss out? Already had my photoshoot taken.

Thanks!

javhui

Oh ya! Almost missed that out! Thanks @megal! Btw, I just realise there is a close group FB. Are you a member there?

jenovith

@ Megal: u r sure 1 fast bride! =) am making use of the GSS to buy bedsheet first.. as for the GDL my fren mum also bot it from a wholesale place at Malacca..

@ Liquidzza - have u decided on your florist yet? i just went to see SSS & Woodsville.. have yet to pop by June Florist to take a look.. think will b doing that next week..

@Javhui - u have the same date as me n Liquidzza! =) where's ur wedding held at??

liquidzza

At JT I went to visit both SSS n woodsville on the same day early June, woodsville reply fast and send me pics n proposal already,whereas SSS not yet till now, but I feel that I can click with Jody fr SSS more than Cecilia.
I ask Cecilia for different flowers n she quoted me 3k ++top up! Maybe I won't top up for guest table. My VIP she quoted me 300 per table top up. Abit ex...then I don't fancy their stage decor leh... Headache still.so waiting for SSS to send me proposal. Which wedding favors u lookin at? Asked me friends, more popular ones are bag hangers, pepper shaker, and the heart key lock...

Still haven't buy new bed, bed sheet n gdl stuff yet...
Haven't do childhood montage
No emcees (bf not keen on engaging live bands, coz yours truly Kexin n Alfred cost 2400 with one person dbl up emcee) n he feels it's costly for two set of 45 mins...

jenovith

@ Liquidzza - think i will b gg with SSS, cos i like their decor n i can get most things without top up.. n will mk e MBS ballroom dont look too plain.. =)havent gotten a chance to contact Jennifer from MBS yet as my in-charge left already.. think will ask her bout the favors in July ba.. haha!

Just bot new bed-sheets, bed will only buy for new house wen i move to my new place which is only ready in 2014..

Havent bot GDL, havent do Childhood Montage, Emcee getting my fren's to help me out..just go according to script ok le.. hahaha! =) Contacted 1 JP, waiting for him to RSVP..

@Javhui - i think shall get my GDL stuff at Chinatown, cos my bf finds it a hassle to go into JB to get their stuff, thou i got frens who r willingly to bring me in to buy..

megal

@crystalline - sorry I don't actually have their address details. A relative brought me there. But apparently their r the biggest and longest GDL wholesale store there. If u google, there may be info?

megal

Oh my goodness, there's just 3 months left!! I am starting to go into panic mode. Can u imagine that I haven't even done my photo selection??

Still have flowers, venue decor, gatecrash games, etc to sort!!

zsw

hi hi.. i haven't been posting here for so long but recently job very free..
my AD is on 6 Oct. Just selected photos last week.. the person doing our album was so persistant on getting us to buy extra photos.. cos our package has 36 but based on the sets of pages, we already exceed by 3. In the end top up $720 for another 9 photos.
GDL and all the customary items waiting to buy soon.
Invitation card we send for printing at a supplier for $0.08 cents per side of full colored printing. we nv go for traditional gold/silver print cos we did up our own card.
Video also ongoing cos hubby knows how to edit. And songs, im looking through..
anything else that im missing out? time flies and im getting more and more excited but scared that i miss things out here and there...

megal

@zsw - ur cards are really cheap!! Where did u print?

Sounds like u are DIY-ing a lot of things.

My AD is also 6 oct! Where is ur venue? I am having troubles with working out entertainment during the dinner. We r doing a buffet and only planning to play music. HTB wants it really casual, so he doesn't want the formal stuff like yum Seng.

zsw

@MeGal - we went to Naili Printing at Kampong Ampat. Cos I used him as a corporate supplier in my work so I know his prices are really attractive.
Yeah DIY to save cost mah.. To get a nice video montage, the prices outside are by the thousands... Too much for us to afford.
Our venue is at Carlton Hotel and because it's the normal dinner, we don't have entertainment. Only thinking of doing some live caricature during cocktails. Have a friend who does caricature so thinking of engaging her.
Lucky you, we want simple also cannot.. Friday just bought the Guo Da Li and Dowry stuff.. Spent $500.. Yesterday went to choose Si Dian Jin with PILs then have to choose based on their expression.. Hahaha.. All these customs are very time consuming...

crystalin

MeGal and Shi Wan
happy.gif
hugs I am also 6 Oct btb! I have given the green light for T-dragon to print my wedding invitation cards. When do you plan to send out your invitation cards?

zsw

Crystaline: :D so many 6 Oct BTBs.. shows that it's really a good date cos when we booked our hotel, we had to pay extra per table due to it being a hot date..
i am planning to give out before lunar 7th month cos parents are quite superstitious. we collecting our cards today from printer so by end jul will give it out already.
where's your venue? the full scale too?

crystalin

shi wan: o.o i didnt know our date is considered "hot date". my venue is at novotel. also targetting to send out before lunar 7th month and should be receiving the invitation cards mid july!
will u be doing ROM the same day too?

canaille

Hi everyone,

I was a June 2012 bride. have some flower girl stuff and corsages to clear. let me know if you want!

if you need any tips and tricks also can ask

zsw

crystaline, nope I did my ROM last year Dec cos we got our flat and we couldn't wait for 1 year to produce the ROM cert. so now ROM and wedding dates are completely different dates.. but guess we will use ROM as our anniversary since we are considered husband and wife on that day.

cherie: thanks but my bridal studio provides corsages already. not sure if we will be having flower boy and girl though.. cos got lots of little boys but the little girl still too young to walk down the aisle with us.. haha

megal

@shi wan and crystalline - I didn't think 6 oct was a hot date?? I am also aiming to send out my cards before lunar 7th mth. Probably will get my cards 3rd wk of July. I have lots of frantically writing to be done then!!

Does Naili Printing have a website?

Btw, are u girls doing much for deco of the cocktail reception area? Any ideas to share?

zsw

@megal: nope naili doesn't have website. Their office is at Kampong Ampat (near Tai Seng MRT). You can try calling them at 6282 2232.
I am planning to write the names this weekend and start distributing from next week too.

As for deco, no.. Just using the hotel's decor but not sure how the decor will be like. I rem seeing 2 options but dont know if it includes the reception area. we are now thinking of the fringe activities for guests during cocktail..

you doing anything in particular for your guests?

crystalin

MeGal: same here! have you done RSVP yet? Not going to send extra $$ on reception deco, shall just use the hotel theme one. Haha

Shi Wan: i engaged a photobooth vendor to entertain the guest during cocktail. That's about all.

zsw

crystaline: how much you spend for this vendor?
how many guests do you have?

we thinking of doing caricature but 1 hour limited drawings only.
so must see how to ensure at least half of my guests get something to take back..

megal

@crystalline - my Perth guests have mostly rsvped. My mom is gathering up the relatives. I actually haven't asked my sg guests! :eek:

Cocktail reception decor I was contemplating if I wanted to print one of my wedding photos and put on an easel or something. Was also wondering how to display the pre-wed album.

crystalin

Shi Wan: expecting about 280 guests. Photobooth vendor is $600 for 2hrs unlimited prints. Caricature is a good idea! Is it costly?

MeGal: mabbie for pre-wed album can do a slideshow for it~

ocean pac: when your AD babe?

liquidzza

@JT: i spoke to jody fr sss today. might be topping up for my flower decor and rom decor..but of coz not gonna top alot i hope!waiting for her proposal still.. been very lazy to do anything..we just bought a serta bed and frame for an chuan and teaset..GDL both parents like want it simple so nothing much i guess..hmmm

zsw

Crystaline: oh.. hmmm $600 is quite ex leh.. caricature we do 1 picture is $125 at a discounted rate. at first we thought of engaging her to do live caricature for our guests but in 1 hour, she can only do 12 faces and it will cost $150. if we provide photos then she draw at home before bringing down is $6 per face. so we will probably get her to draw our wedding photoshoot and print a life size poster for guests to take photos with. that will be another $125.

jenovith

heyhey.. brides of Oct 2012.. less den 3 mths.. we'll be walking down the aisle.. =) contacted a few JP but no one replied my email.. =(

i tot of having photobooth.. but seems like quite ex for $600 for 2 hours.. i wonder even thou they print out the photos for the guest.. will they kee for long or just chuck 1 side.. hmm.. =(

@ Liquidzza: i havent bot anything just bed sheet.. boohoo! my BF till now havent send SAVE E DATES to his frens.. faintz! did u book your dessert table liao? or u not planning to have it?

girls, have both side parents met? mine havent yet.. =( also dunno how to arrange, cos they only allow the food testing during weekday..

javhui

Yes, less than 100 days to our BIG day! I had instant print, AD photography and Videography in a package for around $3K i think. It includes unlimited instant print, album for AD photos and montage of gate crashing.

I contacted one JP but still pending his reply. Been a month since we liaise with him. Hopefully he agree.

Both side parents ahve not met too. Most prob during food tasting :) Mine food tasting also on weekday but during evening time.

What are the stuff that you ladies have yet to done? So we can see if we missed out any preparation :)

zsw

my food tasting also evening time weekdays..
we planning to do a life size poster with our caricature and place at reception area for ppl to take photo w/. Cos on-site caricature can only do 12 faces in 1 hour. too slow already..

as we had ROM last year, no need for any JP.

yesterday just completed our wedding video. planning to send invitations out by end jul, GDL and all is in Sep.. so now left w/ choosing our favors, our decor.. and the tea ceremony dress (thinking of cheong sam) and my bridesmaids dresses.. all will be done in aug..

i did up all the table arrangements, tasks for sisters, schedule for day and dinner, speech for emcee and all already.. anybody wants, i can share. just give me your email.
happy.gif

chino_rene

Hi ZSW, would deeply appreciate if you share w me ur AD schedule, task lists, emcee =) thank u veryyy much!

chino_rene(at)hotmail.com

crystalin

shiwan: can share on tasks for sisters? thanks [email protected]. love your caricature idea! i think it will be nice!!! so total is $250 to draw and print on life-size?

Javin/J.T: may want to consider Zenoh Teh. Met up with him to get consent form sign and find him nice. I e-filed already =D