(2011/02) Feb 2011 BTB

joyle_t

Cara>> I wld love to splurge too if I have found my dream venue!! but all can't accomodate my number of guests or too expensive, almost like another wedding banquet~!

nwatson

Hi everyone, care if I join in? My AD is on the 19/2/11.

I have booked my venue, photographer, got my wedding bands, gowns, shoes, jewellery.

Any recommendation in regards to videographer, florist, emcees?
Care to share?
TIA.

germian

Cara>>Thanks for the compliments. *blushed*

joyle>> jiayou jiayou.. u'll find one which is w/n ur budget and can accomodate all ur guests! =)

Hamlet>> Welcome welcome! wow.. u are quite fast le wor.. i still sourcing for my VG, PG etc. For VG gotta be fast cos of the increasing rate due to the license issue.. sigh.

nwatson

Hi hi thanks!
I got no choice I m living overseas so only back in sept again then in feb for the wedding. Have to plan everything from afar so have to source stuff asap.
So wat videographer u recommend.

joyle_t

hamlet>> u looking for ala carte florist and emcee as well?

can check out Poppy Flora Studio, my cousin had that for his wedding, they got great flowers.

for emcees, A Little Dream provides live band as well as emcees.. can check them out.. =)

babyham

hi, can i have some of the wedding details? be it banquet or bridal package? going to get date from Fengshui master this weekend since tong shui will only be available in Sept... aims to be BTB in Feb 2011 also...

can email to [email protected]

rachiepoo

Hi BTBs...can i also join in this wonderful chat! everyone is so nice!

My AD is on 13feb2011 and i just went to buy some 'required' items today. Didn't realise that they add up to so much!

these are the things that we have booked:
BS: Digio
VG/PG: Vocare media productions
MUA (for AD): Mrs Majorie Teo-Aldridge
Florist: mum's friend
Dinner/ROM venue: Merchant Court

seems to be something missing, but i don't really know what...hmmm...i think i'm a bit kan-cheong, but hope to finish buying all the necessary by the end of June so that we can have a peace of mind! :p

is anyone here the same?? :p or am i too kan-cheong? :p

candycandy001

Sorry rachiepoo, what is 'required thing' need to buy now? Will expire or not? I also wish can settle most of the things as earlier as possible (hee^^)

rachiepoo

Hey Candycandy001, the required items are the Guo Da Li items...arghhh...quite so headache! Have you gotten any? I bought the teapot, bowls, combs and red packets...got lots more!!

Hey girls, there are so many things...! Any of you girls have the complete list for a teochew wedding for both bride and groom?? Getting so confused...! Hehe

ah_faith

Hi all Feb 2011 brides!

My AD is on 26 Feb 2011 =)

BS: The Aisle
PG: Secret Heaven
VG: Haven confirm
MUA: Provided by BS
Dinner: Marriott

Anyone got any lobang for MUA for jiemeis and mothers on AD?

Rachie> Mine's a Hokkien & Cantonese wedding... Cant help u on ur teochew list.. Why not try asking from those shops selling GDL stuff? They always have packages for certain dialects. =)

rachiepoo

ah_faith marriott is nice! I asked them...but got so much info! My gosh...î„… so confused by them.

Candysiew: it's ok!! Not feb2011 bride oso nvm!!
happy.gif

ah_faith

Candysiew> Is ur sil a sgbride forum user?Perhaps I may have her in my fb! =P

Rachiepoo> I like Marriott's ballroom as it's the only ballroom on the level.. meaning there'll only be one wedding held on every single day.. like tat then guests wont clash and walk the wrong way! hehe! Plus I signed up during their workshop and the deal was pretty attractive!

candycandy001

Ah faith--yes, but she married last yr...but i think u see her photos before,ha...bcos she signed the package n do their inhouse model...can see her album roadshow.. Her mtm gown is super lovely n show in mediacorp drama recently, ha...

candycandy001

Marriott not bad,even small scale of 8tables also hav private area.not sure is whole floor but at least half of it is By its owned.toilet n function room for tea ceremony also nearby...

rachiepoo

Marriott sounds good. however, my htb brefers merchant court for all the perks and the convenience of the venue.

Any idea where can i get info about the GDL? cos i get so much information from the shopkeepers that it has become so confusing. :p

ah_faith

Rachiepoo> where do u stay btw? Coz I know there's a few in Chinatown where u can just walk in and ask. I'm residing at AMK and there happens to have a shop in Jubilee Complex selling traditional chinese wedding stuff. Perhaps u can call them up or visit their website.
www.thechineseweddingshop.com.sg

Btw, did you engage a Master to calculate ur AD? If u did, perhaps u can get him/her to provide u information on that?
I engaged Master Tong (who's providing his services in this forum) to calculate my AD and he gave us a list of what's needed for GDL and An Chuang based on our dialects. He will also be calculating the suitable dates for GDL and An Chuang, which I think his services are pretty good! =)

dellise

Hi hi

My AD is also on 26 Feb 2011
happy.gif

BS: J@zz Bridal
AD Photographer: Vivid Pixels
Wedding Bands: Ling Jewellery
Banquet: Orchard Hotel

Now it's to wait to choose the wedding gowns, taking photo shoot, buy wedding shoes etc....any good recommendations for wedding shoes?

ah_faith

Hi Dellise,

Finally found someone who has same AD as me! =) U chosen ur PS gowns le? I have not... Will select in early Sep and my PS will be in mid Oct. >.<

Anyway I bought my heels from Anna Nucci @ Far East. Service was good and prices ranged anything from 80 and above. I think I bought mine at ard $120.

dellise

Hi Faith

yes...it's the best best best date for both me and HTB according to the Master
happy.gif
But dinner banquet is kind of hard to book, so we settle for lunch banquet instead. I'm choosing the gowns in end July so that I will know what shoes to get and what I should do to my messy hair now before the PS. Am pretty excited! Ok shall try to go Far East...thanks for the recommendation
happy.gif

ah_faith

This date was also the best for me and my hubby although we were given another best date in Sep tis yr. But it clashes with my buddy's so I shifted to this date. It's okay for me as I have more time to prepare for the AD =)

U're selecting ur AD gown in end July too? U can ask ur BS on what shoes u should get for ur gowns. I think the safest color is silver le. I tink I will be using my ROM shoes for my PS &amp; AD too coz save $$ mah. Hehehe!

U should let ur hair be as the way it is. Coz if u perm or rebond, it'll be hard for the MUA to style ur hair wor. Was told not to put anything on my hair on the day of the PS, not even wash in the morning loh... >.<

dellise

oh my...how to tahan till PS? Am thinking maybe do soft curls first..hmmm...cos my brother's wedding in Sep...I dun think I can leave my hair as such leh...

ah_faith

I also kinda give up on my hair... Just tied it up every day when I go to work.. and even when i go out shopping loh.. So cant tahan my messy hair too.. cant wait for my AD to be over so I can snip snip it to be short! lol

dellise

I have the same issue as you...I also always tie up my hair now...and I told my HTB that I will snip my hair off after AD too :p kekeke...

ah_faith

Ur HTB allows u to snip ur hair off? My hubby says can only snip till shoulder length..zzz I wanted it to be punk short! Lol!

nahirene

Hi all feb brides to be...

My htb n i hv decided on 20 feb 2011 for our AD... This date chosen from a selection of dates calculated from our bazi..
I reali need some advice here... The master given us a specific timing on this date to FTB bt due to teochew custom this timing clashes...

Wondering how would u decide? To jus follow the bazi timing which is supposed to be auspicious timing or following the traditional timing as nt to oppose to the whole lot of my teochew family...??

ah_faith

Dellise> Wah ur htb very open minded coz most of the guys I know like long hair girls... my hubby also old fashioned de, prefer long hair. Haizzz

Hi Nah> Since u already find a master for a calculated auspicious date, why not just follow the auspicious timing as well? You can let ur family know on the Master's advices and see what they have to say? If i'm not wrong, the Master will also have to factor in the dialect group you belong too. Teochews normally have to start gatecrashing very early de but as I'm not a teochew, so cant comment much wor. Think you should still discuss with ur family and see what they have to say.

carawong

Hello pretty girlies
happy.gif

How's the planning coming along? Feel like I haven't logged in for ages!

Nahirene> I agree with ah_faith, maybe you should check with your family and see what they have to say.

Dellise> Your hubby likes spunky short hair girls! I think it takes a very confident person to cut it into a bob, I think the shortest I dare to go is shoulder length!

So settled a few things since the last time I was here:

ROM date: 2 Feb (which is quite silly cuz its CNY eve LOL)
Venue: Yacht,think it sets sail at One degree. Settled the florist and catering with their sub-company too cuz apparently not many ppl are qualified to do set ups on yachts, so bo pian.
BS: Yay,finally! Will be taking in Mar/Apr at Desaru
AD date: 4th or 6th Aug- abit far from ROM i know but HTB and me realised that the dates in btw are peak work periods and we'd need to travel
sad.gif

So now am on the hunt urgently for
1)Photographer for ROM
2)MUA also for ROM
3)Shoes!

Any recommendation babes?

ah_faith

Hello Cara!

I think the PG recommendation will depend on ur budget le... As for MUA, how come ur BS never provide you with one? I don have any recommendation on that coz I'm using the BS MUA. >.<

As for shoes, u can try Anna Nucci @ Far East or if u want tailormade shoes, u can try Leaping Lizards @ International Plaza. =)

carawong

Hello ah_faith!

Think they provide the MUA for the photoshoot only but not the AD or ROM.
Plus my ROM falls on CNY eve so nobody wants to work, LOL! my jie mei told me to DIY hahaha.

Oh yes, i keep hearing people the BTBs recommend Anna Nucci as well. Will def check it out.
If you babes are going BKK anytime soon can check out the shoes as well, they have a fantastic range
happy.gif

ah_faith

I tot all BS provide MUA for AD &amp; ROM de. Probably those I gone to have such package. Which BS are you with btw?

Anna Nucci shoes quite bling bling de and it's not as expensive as those in CK Tang or Takashimaya. Price range is around 100 bah.

Don think will be travelling for the time being lor coz saving up for the banquet + Honeymoon + BTO coming next yr somemore... hai! I will be using my ROM shoes for my AD since I think guests will look at the gowns rather than my ugly feet bah haha!

carawong

No leh, mine doesn't provide so extra work for me to go source.Oh well.
Venus Bridal! Recommended by so many previous brides :D

Yeah I agree, don't really see the point in buying too expensive shoes cuz you're most likely gonna wear it for that one occasion in your life only right?

Yaaaa same! Money is the headache I tell you,might as well be honest about it LOL! Every time we purchase something for the wedding it always amounts up to $xxxx! Sia si ren. And I'm sure you don't have ugly feet la!!
Did you get your BTO already? I got my queue number, now waiting to pick the flat! *excited*

ah_faith

Lol Cara! I was also thinking I will only be able to wear my wedding heels for only a few times (perhaps to D&amp;D or weddin dinners if situation/dressing permits) so I doubt I will wan to get another pair unless I see one that's irresistable! Hahaha!

Do u actually keep a record of what you spent for ur wedding? I do and so far, I don dare to add up the figures yet.. Hopefully at the end of my wedding, I dont get a heart attack! Hahaha

I gotten my BTO in May 2008 or 2009 le... @ Punggol loh coz it's like the hottest place now! U leh? Btw, when I received my queue number, I was so excited abt home decor that I go online and viewed so many websites on interior designs. Whenever I pass by furniture shop, I also cant help it but go in and window shop! Haha! That's how excited I was and still am! Lol!

carawong

Faith > ya but i think we women got bad habits and all the shoes we like are irresistible at that point of time we see it. SO told me not to buy too early else I will have 20 pairs of shoes by our ROM date LOL!! I wanna laugh.

Yes I recorded what we've bought and I just added it last week! Its sia si ren cuz it already reached 5 figure amt and I haven't even started on my Dinner and PG...*dies*

Oh wow! I just got my queue number so i foresee will be another 4 years? Dun dare to buy furniture until i see the layout if not suay suay buy something that too big. U already have a confirmed flat, congrats! Ya, we are "neighbors". Imma be a punggol-er also!

ah_faith

Wah Cara, how come u reached 5figure le? I only added those we have paid but din add those figures up coz wanna wait till post wedding. My goodness u spent quite a lot le leh!
If u have already chosen ur ROM gown then u can start hunting for a pair of shoes if not, u may buy the wrong color!

U don intend to get a VG for ur ROM (=x that'll add $$$ to ur expenditure)?

U shouldnt start on ur furniture now leh~ Concentrate on ur ROM and wedding first and then Honeymoon~ Ur house still need 4 yrs to arrive so there's still plenty of time for u to recover from ur wedding expenditure...

Where will ur new BTO be? Mine's at SOo Teck, one LRT stop away from Punggol =)

joyle_t

Faith>> apart frm the permanent rebond/perm, I read the mag, they say to consult ur MUA whether they want u to wash ur hair nite b4 or morn also can wash cos’ some like to handle hair whh is very clean and slick and some otherwise.. think it’s the MUA’s preference..

Cara>> hello! Haven’t seen u in a while.. see that u finally settle quite a lot of stuff.. I actually need to get a MUA for my ROM also, but most prob just do it myself! Haha~
Photographer for ROM, what’s ur budget? There’s quite a few that has pretty gd ROM PG package. U dun wanna engage the same one for ur AD?

Shoes-> can check out these other places> Heatwave, Loe and Behold, Sinderella.

ah_faith

jOyle> Yah my BS actually gave me a piece of "instructions" on the Dos and Donts for the PS, which include the wash hair part. Think the night before can wash but the PS morning cannot. That paper will definitely come in handy =)

carawong

Faith > Ya think its cuz my yacht alone already cost quite a bit, plus it falls on a holiday eve so i kenna PH surcharge LOL (like taxi meter).And the next exp one is probably my rings. The engagement + both wedding bands. Oh I added those that are paid AND unpaid cuz I put aside the money already since its gonna be used anyway. Kiasu you know, lol!! Lastly, my BS told me to get shoes in either silver or cream to play safe :D

Don't think I will get a VG cuz I'm not very keen on it leh, plus on a yacht, then my friend says the video shake shake shake, see also will tu i think HAHA!

Yup, not gonna bother about my housing one till I confirm the flat. I think mine is Punggol Sails/Ripples! Are we near??

j0yle> HUGS! Cool, we can swap info!I pass on whatever quotations I have to you ok? I think probably keep the photog about $2k? I only need for about 5 hrs cuz my yacht sails for 4hrs. The problem with mine is
1) Kenna "surcharge" again cuz it PH eve and they have to work.
2) Some of the photogs say mine is considered special location so they don't have the skills or equipment to do on a moving boat. Then those who can do it are extortionist, charge so high!! Think i can have another wedding with the amt ok. LOL!

Nice! where is Loe &amp; Behold and Sinderella? Don't like heatwave
sad.gif
PAAAIN!

ah_faith

Caraw> No wonder u spent so much le =\ plus the extortion rates! Really bad! I think silver will be safest! Brings out the glamour in the shoes! My personal feel lah~ Hehe! I also factor in my wedding bands and engagement but think will exceed the 5 figure abit (still refused to tabulate the figures! >.<)

I am not sure whether we are near or not leh! Mine's Sapphire! =) Quite close to Punggol MRT de.

carawong

AHAHA Faith! I'm at work now and your post made me laugh! i cannot don't tabulate leh! Like have a dying need to know how much I spend so hopefully can resist abit (so far,its not working, LOL)I think generally for us "budget conscious brides", as long as we don't exceed $30k should be ok? And mostly we can pay in installments so we can earn and pay off at the same time :D

I agree with you! I like silver shoes but it makes my skintone look "dirty" Sian. So will probably stick with cream and hope no one spill their drinks on me!!

ah_faith

Aiyo Caraw, I'm also @ work... waiting for my hubby to knock off... zzzz
I am very worried abt paying things in installments coz I think I have quite a few on installments (facial, AD PG etc) so I wanna cut down on installments... Will use my hubby's savings and until he 'dry' liao then start to use mine le.. Basically I am hoping my savings can be meant for the Honeymoon &amp; hopefully a bit for the flat (coming 2nd or 3rd quart nxt yr *gosh*)

I hope I wont exceed $25k for the wedding leh.. but those crazy ideas of making our wedding to become "Wedding of the Year" kept popping in my head and I donno if I should go ahead to do them! Besides, I have yet to start asking for quotes so I am still safe from these ideas! =<

joyle_t

cara>> hmm.. not so sure if u wanna consider my ROM PG, Unique colours, can just email Adrian to see if he can snap on the yacht.. he quite versatile, does other PS other then bridal too..

ROM wun hit $2K lah.. haha~ think mine 4hrs lesser than $500, plus pre-event shoot at nearby nice location summore..

faith/cara>> ur 5figure budget for wedding got include banquet anot? haha~ cos' mostly is banquet cost the most...

ah_faith

I included my deposit of $5k le... >.< If hold banquet in Hotel, how much do u girls expect in losses? my friends' experiences told me abt ard $10k... I think my parents are giving the ang baos money back to me.. *fingers crossed*

Caraw> Joyle is right, don think ROM will be so exp! My ROM i only spent abt ard $400 for 3 hrs.

carawong

Faith > I think currently I have my yacht and BS on installment cuz the yacht include set up and catering so play safe,better don't pay in full.The BS they told me cuz my ROM and AD is still 1/2 yr away so not to pay in full also! I don't like installment! Have to keep track.. SO and I have a joint acct so we basically just deduct from there.

Ahahah ya better don't indulge in the ideas first if not gonna cost you a big hole in your pocket.

Joyle > Thanks! I was thinking of 2k to settle both ROM and AD with the same PG.still havent decided if I should use the same PG
happy.gif

Yeah thats what SO told me also, the banquet is DA BOMB. So trying to keep within that 5fig budget!

ah_faith

Caraw> Ur BS is right though. Usually u pay deposit and then the remaining to be paid when u go for ur gown selection for PS and AD. For installments, I will put separate the payments into the total sums and what's paid already so I can keep track. For the ideas, probably will check out them after we get in touch with the hotel coordinator so as to see what they can provide and what not. If they can provide us what we want at little or no charge, then it'll be perfecT! =D
Btw, there's usually some form of discount when u sign up the same PG for ur ROM &amp; AD de so u should start sourcing for one! Besides, reputable PG are quickly snapped up for hot dates so you should start huntin now!

dellise

Ya agree must track expenses...I also have a spreadsheet. Actually me and HTB started our joint account in Jan...so we are spending from our joint account and so far so good...managed to be within and hope we do not overspend. We are also crossing our fingers that we can manage the Banquet expenses without having to fork out too much...

So far my largest expense is the deposit for the Banquet and next will be the BS...

As for AD PG, I did not get from the BS as I heard they use freelancer and may not be that good. So I source someone that I heard from forum, he's not bad and quite affordable. Already booked him
happy.gif