(2011/02) Feb 2011 BTB

angelmh

Dear all,

Due to personal unforeseen reasons, I have no choice but to let go my package at BDC. Package price is $3588 nett. You may compare at the bridal fairs, it is quite a comprehensive and good deal package as I spent some time to bargain for extra freebies. I have paid a deposit of $1588 and would like to sell it for $1388 nego. Balance $2k to be paid to BDC after the wedding. Interested parties who wants to know more about the package details, please email me at [email protected]
Thanks. =)

muji

Hi liting, I am a Feb 2011 bride! But I'm not decided on the date, have you?
happy.gif

notrough

Hi BTBs, since so many people asked me on how to make their wedding specials, I finally compile my wedding blog on all my ideas and research to make our wedding so special and unforgetable for young and old including for ourself.

You can check my blog on below to get some ideas:
http://specialwedding09.wordpress.com/

Do check it out from time to time..I update the blog all the time :). It's all FREE information. Hope you can benefit them for your wedding planning as I myself went through a rigourious research to make my wedding special.

j0yle_tann

novia>> checking out bridal packages and banquets??
i have seen some banquets that i've shortlisted.. but disappointing function rooms. do check out the places now that booking hasn't started.

j0yle_tann

yup!

have been going around looking at hotel ballrooms and restaurants.

so far gone to:-
1) Peony Jade Clarke Quay / Keppel Club
2) Changi Village Hotel
3) M Hotel
4) Novotel

Just get a feel of the ballrooms cos' need to fulfill my criteria.. =X

So far, what u read in the forum about the environment is quite what you get. So not too bad. Carry on reading! Glad there's ppl to get and share info.

muji

Hi gals, how's your preparation?
happy.gif
There is still about 1 year and 3 mths to go but I am already trying to piece things together so that we don't miss out anything, especially when it gets nearer!

I have booked my luncheon at Mandarin Oriental, really like the place and food, reviews have been good as well..most imptly, it looks just the perfect place in-laws and parents will love!
happy.gif

joyle_t

hi faith.. yeah.. it's still a long way to go, but it's always good to start early. and you got ur banquet done! well done! i'm still looking around for the right place.

mandarin oriental's food is good, but I can't book any hotels in the marina sq region as my dad is annoyed with the lack of parking lots and the terrible jam. for yours, lunch should be quite alright. ur AD on a weekend?

have u been checking out on the bridal shops?

muji

Hi Joyle, my AD is on a Sunday,that's why I decided to have a luncheon so that my guests and helpers can have an early rest for work the next day
happy.gif

Hmm,I am not engaging any BS, doing everything ala-carte..Think the prices for BS is really quite high..

How about you?
happy.gif

joyle_t

my AD has to be a saturday evening so need to choose somewhere where parking is ample.

yeah... i thought it's cheaper to do package deals from BS? still looking around cos' may ask friend to help with studio photography. going to have a look at TWP and MDW gowns and package this weekend.

=)

joyle_t

hi joanie.
it's bit quiet here.. ha~
have already booked my banquet for mar 2011.
intending to ROM in feb 2011, but still looking out for venues.

how bt u?

goddesslolli

hehe!! So glad to see reply here. My ROM and AD on the same day in Feb. Already booked my venue and going PS next year April. Very excited preparing. Now keep thinking of ideas to make my wedding unique. haha! my HTB buey tahan me, ask me dun so stress.

Where is your Venue for AD?

joyle_t

haha~ saw ur post that ur venue is at GPCH. wanted to have a look at the place actually, but afraid that tables would increase nearer AD, so booked novotel clarke quay instead. =)

PS so fast? whh BS u with? i'm still looking ard for BS.
gg down to blush blush this coming monday.
and not sure who to get for actual day PS. thinking of doing DIY PS at koh samui with photographer friends, we pay they travel, they shoot. =X

me also mang zang bt wedding! haha~ my htb have to make apptmts for BS, banquet etc, cos' i cannot bring hp into wrkplace. share on forum ur thots, then ur htb wun see u so stress, cos' we stress together online!

busy with work as well. planning ahead so wun be bogged down by wrk nex yr.

have been looking thru some websites.
- http://www.extraordinary.com.sg
- http://www.momentville.com (can create wedding blog very easily)
- http://www.heavens-gift.com/gallery_details.htm (wedding planner, ideas)
- http://www.sticky.com.sg/ (personalised sweets for favours?)
- http://www.thecardroom.com.sg/invitations.html (personalised invitation cards)
- http://www.loeandbehold.com.sg/Shoes.htm

got some of these from blogs of btbs on the forum. =)

muji

Thanks for the links to the websites gal! Good to see reply here too, congrats joanie! When is your big day in Feb? Mine on 20 Feb! I have booked my luncheon at Marriott already..Iam going to Taiwan for my outdoor PS next June too..preparing in advance is good, less stress next yr
happy.gif

j0yle, koh samui is beautiful, if you dont mind the hot sun, you should go when the weather is really sunny, the blue sky is really beautiful when it turns out in your album!
happy.gif

goddesslolli

I was considering sticky too! And i totally heart the idea of a candy bar area for my guests. Heavens-gift this site damn cool leh.. The centrepieces are so pretty.. Thanks for sharing the links!

We are going Taiwan for photoshoot, it's a Taiwan BS, so i still need to think of my AD. Actually it's not early, whatever can do, we do first, in case things screw up. =)

hey Faith!! Mine is 20 feb too!!!!!!!! Are you in 2011 thread? I rem a BTB same date as mine. haha! And we are taking our PS at TW! So coincident. Have you started to spread your wedding news already? I find it like too early to inform friends.. hehe. We are looking around for wedding bands now.

muji

Hi joanie! Oh yeah, I rem a BTB havin the same date as I am too! Wow, we are having the same date and the same venue for our photoshoot! Ha, I have been spreading my news to my jiemeis, I have 8 of them and am preparing them for my wedding! Ha, a bit early but good to 'book' them on the date!

For our close friends and relatives, we have already told them by word of mouth..ha..

I am having my ROM next month first! So we have already bought our wedding bands and put most things in place
happy.gif

joyle_t

*woots* two 20/02/2011 btbs. congrats... good day on chinese calendar?

just a qns for u both... any idea why many ppl choose to go tw for photoshoot? i've nv been there, so nv thot of going there for PS.

faith--> where u having ur ROM? sourcing for ideas now. heh'

wedding bands.. planning get custom-made ones, got jeweller to source for blue saphhire stones. something blue for wedding is lucky! probably wanna include something blue within ur wedding. =)

muji

Ha, joyle, mine was a wedding gift from my future mother-in-law coz she is a taiwanese and she suggested that we go over for a holiday (to meet the rest of the family!) and take outdoor wedding pictures as well...it's really nice of her so we happily accept the gift..

I'm having my ROM at Zhou's Kitchen at Far East Square! We will be having lunch after the solemnization
happy.gif

you like the color blue joyle? That is nice to custom made your rings!

goddesslolli

where can i customise the wedding band? went to love and co, lee hwa, soo kee, goldheart.. so far nothing caught my eyes.. =/ is it expensive to customise?

I opt for Taiwan PS because I want something different.. and anyway we already have plans to go TW for holiday next year. so might as well.. hehe..

joyle_t

faith-> ur MIL's so hip, haha! PS for pressie is practical, that's nice.
zhou's kitchen got very gd food! im looking at some places, get caterer cos' using ROM to invite my muslim colleagues.

and yup, love blue and it's definitely cheaper than diamond. so going for something blue...

joanie-> my proposal ring also custom-made, to tiffany's design. cheaper than those jewellery shop definitely. the person ask me to choose a branded design for him to do for my wedding band, haha! still looking ard. if u want the contact, i get from my htb then email to u?

carawong

2011Feb bride too
happy.gif

Am clueless about alot too so slowly sieving through the forum since we have quite abit of time, thankfully. Only thing done is he proposed, we got the engagement + wedding rings custom made (can bargain abit so its slightly cheaper if u make both at the same shop) and now looking for ROM/solemn places + bridal package. My AD will be on a different day I reckon
happy.gif

joyle_t

hi cara..
my proposal ring and wedding rings are also custom made. =)
will be having different dates for ROM and AD, so we've got the same things to settle on.

ur AD will be in FEB?

carawong

hi joyle
happy.gif

Wanted to do on the same month but Feb 2011 happens to be CNY month also so alot of friends are dissuading me to hold AD on the same month so I think I will delay a month or 2.. you?

goddesslolli

Hello I am alive! hehe.

CaraW, why weddings cannot be hold in CNY month?

I am now looking around for PG and VG. Wedding bands should be going to the place that j0yle_t recommend.

Qn, Do you gals intend to wear your engagement ring and wedding band on the same finger?

carawong

Hee, hi Joanie.
happy.gif

I don't know either..
To be very honest, I'm Eurasian so for alot of the Chinese customary, I'm completely clueless and relying heavily on my mother in law and fiance.

I think they said that during CNY, the Chinese will be busy with their visiting + lots of Ang Pow money given away = people broke = no one attending = a sad bride! muahaa
happy.gif

carawong

Will probably wear the 2 rings together (left hand, 4th finger) because my engagement setting is higher and so the wedding ring sits nicely below it
happy.gif

joyle_t

lol..

yeah.. for me, my ROM will be on feb 11, 9th day of CNY, wanted AD on that day too but it's some special day so overseas relatives may not be able 2 make it..

joanie>> haha! haven't hear u for some time.. busy w work?

seen pictures of groom putting on ring for bride during ROM, and most have their engagement ring on the left hand, looks good on photo also cos' ur diamond will *sparkle*

updates on PG/VG/BS??
i've gotten blush blush.. shortlisted some PGs.. any recommendations?

cara>> no worries, nowadays chinese customary are simpler and quite easy to follow, almost everyone does the same routine, so u can ask ard the forum as well.

carawong

joanie (goddesslolli) >> Yups! I'm not really particular with the dinner date but I am with the ROM cuz we engraved our rings with the date and its hell to melt it down and redo!

j0yle_t (joyle_t) >> according to the sales person my engagement ring and wedding ring designs complement each other so its nice to wear together but now that i've been wearing the E-ring for 2 months, it seems to have gotten looser! And i don't think its my weight..
I'm still learning alot from the forum and even the fiance says the girls in here are really nice
happy.gif
BTW whats PG/VG/BS stand for? Sorry not done reading all yet.

HUGS TO ALL FEB 2011 BRIDES!
happy.gif

joyle_t

ur fiance reading up on the Sgbride forum as well? lol.. i'm gg for a friend's wedding tonight =) source for ideas..

if im not wrong with the meanings of these shortforms:-
PG: Photographer
VG: Videographer
BS: Bridal Shop
HTB: hubby to be
WTB: wife to be
FH: future husband
AD: Actual Day

sgbrides a nice and happy place to hang out i guess!

carawong

j0yle_t (joyle_t) >> ooh! thanks that really helps!

haha my fiance isn't on sgbrides but we usually surf wedding stuffs together so yeah, he can see me posting!
happy.gif

joyle_t

lol.. me and my htb are "in-charge" of different things.. but im normally the one doing the research...

Happy New Year!

jllim

Hi Everyone....

Im new in this forum.. im BTB in Mar2011.. any interesting advice and sharing ..?

Joeann

joyle_t

hi joeann..

how's ur planning for now?
my AD also in Mar2011.
ROM in Feb2011.
best to get ur AD wedding banquet soon!

viho

Hi all!

I'm new in this forum too.. BTB in Mar2011..
Is anyone here waiting for the tong shu (Lunar calender) like me to find a date in Mar 2011?

I heard it will be out only in Aug 2010. It is true?

ahgargar

hi joyle & joeann: have u gals booked ur wedding banquet venues? fixed AD dates already?

I have booked my venue already. :)

Joyle: I read your earlier posts that u have shortlisted a few PGs? How abt VG? Hmm can share?

:) how abt expressively joho? is that in ur consideration list? :)

j0yle_tann

hi ahgargar, yeah.. shortlisted some PGs and VGs, but no time to decide these days cos' busy with work. (got some packages frm other btbs here, so give me ur email if u need any)

expressively joho was recommended by one friend.. but but too exp for me =X

my pre-wedding PG comes together with my bridal package from blush blush.

my AD also in Mar2011.
ROM in Feb2011.

hi vivien, me not looking into the tongshu, so gotten my venue and all already.