(2011/02) Feb 2011 BTB

dap83

Hi Everyone!! My AD is 20th Feb 2011.. will be same as Jason..
happy.gif

dap83

Wow.. so many of us having wedding at the same day!!
happy.gif
Piggy: where u holding your wedding? Mine in Orchard Hotel.

verviv

Hi!

Sorry to interrupt ..

I've a bottle of 1 litre of brand new sealed Martell cordon bleu letting go at $180.. Airport selling $203..

Interested party pls pm or email me at [email protected]

Thanks!

noppgrace

Hi everyone!Nice to meet all the February Brides here!
I'm also a BTB for year 2011.My ROM is on the February...Still deciding on the AD but will most likely be in Sept!

Planning for an outdoor solemnisation..anyone have any place to recommend?
happy.gif

001happybabe

Hi all BTBs,

i am a Feb BTB too. so exciedt!! mine will be at a bungalow chalet booked by HTB. But i have not booked my JP yet... my AD will be in Jul.

Do i need to make any other preparations?
I am lost :p

001happybabe

Hi Nopp Wee & Grace Choo,

I ve seen outdoor wedding at the hotel at sentosa but i cannot rem the name of it. Seems to be a nice place near the beach.

ah_faith

Happy> You may consider if you want a particular theme for ur chalet Solemnization. You'll may wish to book PG/VG, BS etc etc... then if you wanna do some DIY stuff, you can start preparing... some DIY items u can consider are guest book, wedding pen and such.
YOu'll need to find a caterer for your ROM guests. Best to book ur JP asap coz those popular ones will be booked pretty early. Hope this helps! =D

dellise

Hi all

I just had my wedding photoshoot on 5 Oct! Boy, really tiring and the next day I got migraine and had to take urgent leave...but the photographer seemed to take lots of pics...

Locations of shoot: a) Tanjong Pagar areas for shophouses b) Botanical Gardens for lush greenery c) Sentosa for the beach d) Fullerton area for nite shots.

Looking forward to seeing our photos end Oct
happy.gif

The date is getting nearer... 4 months plus to go!

ah_faith

Dellise> I will be having my photoshoot this coming Friday! Kinda nervous... what time did you arrive at the BS/studio for make up? I was told to arrive at the studio at 10am... will leave for outdoor shoot ard 2pm-3pm.. Not sure if I can make it for 3 locations. >.<
What time did your PS finish? So good still got night shots!
I did my other photoshoot already and had selected the photos already. Only topped up 4 photos though it's a 20 poses album. Guess will be getting my album ard December or January. Haven obtain the soft copy yet though.

dellise

Faith>> How come you have 2 photoshoots? I arrived at 10am too...make-up and hairstyling took me 1 hour and then the indoor shots started around 12 plus...we did the Tanjong Pagar areas in and out of the Studio...so by the time we went outdoors, it's about 4pm. My photoshoot ended at 8 plus pm! Which 3 locations you are going to? I should think 3 locations are possible especially when your package allows that...they got to make sure you have that :p

Enjoy the photoshoot...but do drink more water as can get dehydrated easily...and also do bring another pair of shoes for outdoors as they tend to get dirty...lucky I brought along another pair (cost only $19.90) as advised by them..I will be heartpain to see my actual wedding shoes in dirt and mud :p

I will also be having another photoshoot in Melaka in Nov and the PG is my fren..just to take for fun
happy.gif
Also looking forward to it!

ah_faith

the first PS was a lucky draw prize we've won during a wedding road show. It consisted of 20poses 15R photo album =)

The next PS on coming Friday will be my BS' one and the 3 locations we're going are The Club, Old Supreme Court and Hort Park. I heard from my BS that we may leave for outdoor ard 2-3pm. Not sure if we can really be on time. Was also told that the PS will end ard 8pm too. I will be bringing slippers along and one of my jiemeis will be accompanying me through the PS so hopefully things will go smoothly.

I guess if your PS in melaka is a casual one, it'll definitely be fun de! =)

xiaomau

Hi all,

I have 6 jiemei dresses for sale- all at $11 per piece.

it looks like that:

url]

url]

What happened was that i bought my first piece for $50 at HK... and then .. saw ShangHai selling.

So i asked my Jiemei to tried it - intending to wear the same my the day. When i got my china colleague to buy it for me , it was slightly different in size and my jiemeis canot fit in at all... i bought at RMB 55 per piece, so I'll just let go at this same price... and absorb the shipping charges...because i also bought other clothes...

might be a good idea for jiemeis- it should fit a S or M at max for the dress. It's totally brand new and still in the bags...

Please email me at [email protected] if interested... thank you.

dellise

no plans yet as need to go Ipoh for another mini banquet...probably will go much later...

Faith >> That's also one of my dream locations but expensive
sad.gif

ah_faith

Dellise> where u planning for ur honeymoon? Lots of couples are going Europe so me and my hubby decided not to go there.. reserve it for probably with our kids in future... Cant bring kids to the beach resorts mah haha.. also dont want to be old already then wear bikini..=x

dellise

Faith>> Agree...we haven't really started planning yet cos other things come first...but should be doing so in Dec...if it's March/Apr period, probably Japan to see cherry blossoms :p

ah_faith

Dellise> Just two days back me and my hubby took out those wedding checklist and saw that we're left with 4 months before our AD! And by next month, we'll be kinda bz with the hotel coordinates, invitation cards etc... kinda nervous too..
Japan to see cherry blossoms' a good idea too! Be sure to visit Hokkaido and Tokyo's Disneyland! =) I love Japan too but guess we will likely to visit either Maldives or Mauritius. Shall be waiting for the year end travel fair.

dellise

Faith >> Yes, 4 months! But me and my HTB like still very relaxed :p but I reminded him just now, we only left a few months ...hahaha...yes also intend to see if there are any good offers at the year end travel fair too.

ah_faith

Dellise> Btw, did you send out "save the date" or starting sending notices to ur guests on ur wedding date? I sent out in batches via SMSes... so far, most are positive replies but there's already one who's engaged with another wedding on my wedding date. >.< I'm not sure if I should really send out "save the date" or start inviting people once I received the invitation cards... Quite worried that if I send out last min notice (like 2 months before), ppl may be engaged with other appointments/holiday...

ah_faith

Happy Babe> I think ur blogspot stuff is comparable. I think the ang bao packets are exp coz I bought mine in JB. More design variety and cheaper also. I will be buying my GDL and AC stuff in physical shop coz wanna bring my mom also. Alternatively, u may try this website: http://www.shuangxile.com/index.asp
More variety in choices. =)

dellise

Faith>> Not yet...cos my HTB told me he now has more to invite...we are still thinking whether to increase tables...today we will discuss and have a first cut list. But more or less, we have verbally told our frens and their response seems positive.

I intend to send email instead and once they confirm ok, it's confirm and we will send the actual invitation card.

The hotel has contacted us already...we will be busy planning the banquet stuff for the next 2 months
happy.gif

dellise

Happy Babe>> Thanks
happy.gif
As for the GDL stuff, yes, think it is good to get them from Chinatown...there's quite a no. of shops there...but my parents usually get it from the shop at the corner beside the market for my brothers and sisters. But of course their quality are passable. The really pretty ones can still get but likely more ex. Think People's Park Complex has one shop which I think Fann Wong and Christopher Lee got them from...nicely packaged type.

ah_faith

Dellise> I guess I should FB msg my friends to pass the AD to them to see advance response... My hotel coordinator has not contacted me but I'd sent an email to them requesting to make an appointment coz I engaged a decoration company to do up the ballroom and they intend to see the ballroom to make recommendations. =) Hopefully can get started there on the invitation cards and favours etc..

Happybabe> Oops I dint realize Shuangxile is more exp but I tot they have more varieties. I think I will be getting the GDL stuff in AMK instead coz I believe tt if I do go down to Chinatown, I am likely to take a cab home coz we don have car... the GDL expenses + the cab fare should be the same if I buy from AMK where I stay. There's one wedding shop at AMK Jubilee. I heard it's slightly more expensive than Chinatown but I guess it's more convenient for my mom who'll be there when we shop for the stuff.

happy106

12 bottles of Goldleaf red classic for sale.

This is fruity red wine which is meant for easy drinking. It is a combination of three major grapes, Cabernet/Shiraz/Merlot providing a rich, smooth and strong flavored red wine. Smooth Mulberry flavors from the Merlot slowly convert into the stronger Cabernet and Shiraz characteristics.

* 1 full carton (12 bottles)
* 750ml each. 13.5% alcohol.
* Total = $200.
* Arrange your own delivery

PM me for details.

ah_faith

Joyle> Most likely will be doing up the reception area due to budget... But will be visiting the venue together with the decor company to see what can be done inside the ballroom itself. =)

joyle_t

ah faith>> good to view together.. sometimes they can give gd ideas which dun cost too much..

but if ur wedding is a few days before or after valentine's, then maybe dun go for too much flora deco... my rom florist pre-empt me that she will have to charge as per v.day prices for the flowers, so I altered my "menu" abit..

ah_faith

Joyle> I'm not deploying flower decor for my wedding. Instead, I'm going for balloons! xD
I heard from my friend who works in a flower shop that flower decor is very exp, as they calculate by per table and I have abt 40 tables... =.=" Probably can work out with the hotel's florist to see what they can do. I think if the colors of the flowers are unique then it'll stand out definitely. My wedding theme is blue and white and my venue does have a blue and white theme =D
This decoration company's service is quite okay coz she asked us for our budget and many pics to choose from. The balance budget will see what she can do for the ballroom itself coz I only intended to do for the reception area..

shino17

Hi Feb B-T-B..

Just to share My AD is on 12 Feb 2011....

Bridal Shop : My Dream Wedding
Hotel Venue : Mandarin Orchard

happy106

12 bottles of Goldleaf red classic for sale.

This is fruity red wine which is meant for easy drinking. It is a combination of three major grapes, Cabernet/Shiraz/Merlot providing a rich, smooth and strong flavored red wine. Smooth Mulberry flavors from the Merlot slowly convert into the stronger Cabernet and Shiraz characteristics.

* 1 full carton (12 bottles)
* 750ml each. 13.5% alcohol.
* Total = $200.
* Arrange your own delivery

PM me for details.

dangdang

Hihi, been some time since i log in. in a twinkling of an eye, wedding is just 3 months away
happy.gif

I will be having my GDL this coming saturday and went down to chinatown to get the stuff today. Yah, there are quite a lot of shops there that sells GDL stuff
happy.gif

dellise

Hi hi

It's also been a long time since I log in. My GDL and AC date already fixed in late Jan and 2 days before my AD respectively. Tmr is my food tasting session...and that's also the time both sides discuss on GDL's items
happy.gif
Also gotten my bed and bedframe. Now confirming guest list and glueing the inserts on the wedding cards :p Not done my photo montage, the corsages and ang pow box and still wondering if I shd get ring pillow. The one thing that I was unhappy abt was the ROM verification and doc collection date which is just a day before my AD. ROM said Feb quite full
sad.gif
As we are not suppose to meet the day before, ROM suggested for us to go a few days earlier to verify docs and then one of us to go down to collect a day before...guess not much choice.

Hope everyone is well and happily preparing weddings
happy.gif
Happy Boxing Day and Happy New Year to all :D

ah_faith

Hello,

My GDL and AC also fixed in late Jan and middle Feb. My food tasting is in mid Jan. So far, I have not yet receive my inserts for the cards yet. =x Btw, ROM doc collection is like that de. So no choice. Plus Feb is the CNY period so most ppl will have their weddings after that period so the ROM should be quite packed.

2 more months to go for me... Hope everything goes smoothly! =)

xiaomau

Hi all,

I have 6 jiemei dresses for sale- all at $11 per piece.

it looks like that:

url]

url]

What happened was that i bought my first piece for $50 at HK... and then .. saw ShangHai selling.

So i asked my Jiemei to tried it - intending to wear the same my the day. When i got my china colleague to buy it for me , it was slightly different in size and my jiemeis canot fit in at all... i bought at RMB 55 per piece, so I'll just let go at this same price... and absorb the shipping charges...because i also bought other clothes...

might be a good idea for jiemeis- it should fit a S or M at max for the dress. It's totally brand new and still in the bags...

Please email me at [email protected] if interested... thank you.

lokiewedslydia

hihi joyle!!

i am an oct2011 bride!

apologies for crashing into feb2011 forum!

as stated above, i just set up a small business and hope to seek fellow brides-to-be support to build portfolio!

=)

may all of us have a happy and smooth wedding!!!