(2011/02) Feb 2011 BTB

mintymin

hi gals.. i'm also a BTB in March 2011. Only just started looking for venues... this is so last minute..looks like i don't have much time!

joyle_t

hi ahgargar, sent you some VG/PG packages.
May not be very accurate as some packages only for certain period.

ahgargar, u holding ur banquet at? i just did my WG design and htb's suit. Haven't settle on my EG design and htb's 2nd suit yet... and ur bridal shop?

hi mintymin, congrats to u.
you have any locations in mind?

joyle_t

hi germian,congrats!

u r 1984 baby too~?

have sent u my PG/VG quotes (abt 19 of them), so may take some time to load the email!

u settled with all the other preps? im now left with meeting the VG/PG to confirm and sign.

all the best in ur preps!

germian

Joyle >> Yuppie.. 1984! =)
I've not done anything except to cfm my AD and PS dates. gotta be fast le.. siao liao.. haha.
U too! enjoy the process! =)

carawong

Hi j0yle_t (joyle_t)!
Can i have the PG/VG list too? I haven't found mine either...thanks babe
happy.gif
[email protected]

joyle_t

hi cara, sent u the not so updated list of PG/VG for ur reference!

germian>> u got ur banquet venue already? doing overseas PS? that's fast to get ur PS date! i haven't gotten anything with PS done yet cos' my braces are still on. dentist makes the call now!

germian

joyle>> Nope, still searching for my banquet venue.. I signed JB's BS so taking my PS in desaru in June.. I used to wear braces too! The braces'll soon be gone!=)

joyle_t

germian>> need help to look for ur AD banque venue? how many tables u looking at? maybe we can share info with u..

cara>> welcome! hope it helps..

joyle_t

germian>> congrats on having one matter settled for ur big day! so where u decided for ur banquet?

u gotten ur BS already? doing ala carte? my BS designer does the gown, hair and make-up, so i didn't have to think too much abt the MUA.

PG/VG? initially i was looking at the quality and style of PG... then.. realised that they are so over my budget. have to settle for more comprehensive and affordable packages. do note that popular PGs get snap up fast and their prices are always adjusting...

germian

Joyle>> My banquet will be at Hilltop garden restaurant at bukit batok civil service club. I've more or less cfm my PG who is my ROM PG too..I took JB BS last yr so gotta source my own MUA and car. VG still looking around as wanna w/n my budget too. =)
How abt u? U settled your banquet?

joyle_t

germian>> Hilltop is nice! the food also wun go wrong.. their food standard is well-maintained throughout their branches. what's ur budget for VG?

for me...more or less settled...

Done with:-
1. Banquet venue
2. ROM PG, AD PG/VG
3. Design of WG & EG (just met up to do EG design yest.)
4. ROM Venue (most likely FOC venue)
5. MIL/mum's MUA (rec by BS)

still need to source for place to MTM bridemaids' dresses. MIL and mum also need to source for MTM. My MUA is my designer, worth it cos' his MUA service is not cheap! Car will be using FIL's car, hoping that he change his car thou' (lol~). also not done with my wedding bands.

germian

Jolye>> Wow.. that's fast wor.. where is your banquet venue?

My budget for VG is less than 1k.. Got any good MUA to recommend for me and my mum/MIL? =)

oinking

Hi all,

am a Feb 2011 BTB also. settled some impt stuff already, but left some bits and pieces tat look like another mess of its own! haha but i am enjoying the process nonetheless.

May i know if u girlies know of any PG&VG that is less than $2k? i don't need much, maybe just 10hrs Photo + 10 hrs Video and express highlight will do le..

thanks!

dangdang

hong > yes, i have too. just signed up for a package with whitelink (cos my bf likes the photography :p) and plan to go for gown selection in june. heh, thats about all i did so far... haha

joyle_t

hi ladies, probably can pop by the 2011 brides thread, cos we got a fb page to share stuff!

can drop the administrator's ur fb ID. =)

carawong

j0yle_t : hey babe! i was in the 2011 thread but didn't see the fb page!
sad.gif
think i blind.. must hv missed it or something. LOL.

carawong

I'm really very slow as compared to all you sweets! I've only bought my engagement and wedding rings so far and went to see my ROM place! Will be doing mine on a yacht but haven't got time to plan the deco and all because of my job's schedule. Will share my yacht costings once i got it ok?

Thinking of signing my BS sometime during May at either Venus/Fables or SGbrides in Msia since there's so many reviews :D Hopefully can get my PS done by August/Sept.

Last but not least, went to a "teller" with SO to see which date is good for our AD and he gave us 3 dates to pick from.:D

Ok will share more with you babes when I got the time, do add me at [email protected] if u have any questions ok! off to Krabi tomorrow. HUGS to all 2011 brides!

joyle_t

hi CaraW>> u got ur wedding bands? that's fast! doing ur ROM on a yacht, it's nice, saw pics of couples having ROM on yacht, with the wind and all, nice pictures taken..

carawong

j0yle_t: yeah! cuz i custom made all my bands so if we get it all together can get a teeny bit of discount :D
Besides, the showroom made bands to "compliment" the engagement ring so i can stack it and wear together or separately :D

Next I need to check out the food + floral arrangements for the yacht before putting down the deposit. BTW, tip for all the BTBs, when choosing a photographer, yachts are considered "special request" so they tend to charge abit more.Be sure to ask clearly what they provide
sad.gif

germian

CaraW>> I signed my BS with SGbridal.. going to have my PS in june.. no worries.. still got time to look around. happy BS hunting! =)
I had my ROM last yr with yatch march-in.. memorable to me and my hubby. share with us ur photos ya. =)

joyle_t

Cara>> gd that they allow u to try before putting the deposit!

jus wondering.. where do ur yacht "anchor" at??

franfran

Hi, 1st time posting =P my AD falls on 25 Feb 2011. Seems like u gals r rather fully prepared.. I have booked my BS and banquet venue and seems like I'm now only "waiting for time".. absolutely clueless abt wat we shd do =P

joyle_t

francesca>> hi and congrats! u having ur AD and ROM on the same day?

whh BS and venue have u choosen? it's like less than 1 yr left, so need to plan when u want to get ur pre-wedding done?

and think u need to select ur AD PG/VG soon if ur BS not providing 1. prices should be gg up quite soon due to the music licence etc.

franfran

Hi Joyle =) I have registered last yr so wun be having them on the same day. Hmm my BS is French bridal and my banquet will be at orchard parade hotel.. duno why i just like the ballroom there and the food is good (tung luk) so didn't "waste" much time gg to view the ballrooms for diff hotels. I love the march in as theirs is bubbles~ PG included for AD too... neg until i got wat i want then sign.. hehe..

how abt u? u r holding urs in novotel ya? when's ur AD?

I thk more or less i shd be done le ba.. now waiting for an huang, timing and "neg" for guo da li etc...

joyle_t

ah fRan>> yeap, having mine at Novotel. My AD's on 5th March. having ROM in feb.

seems like u covered everything! did shortlist Orchard Parade cos' Tung Lok's gd & the reception is nice, but afraid that will increase tables.

U taking PS locally or overseas?

franfran

I'll be taking PS locally bcos of tight working schedules.. how abt u?

So whr will u be holding ur ROM? seems like u r interested in holding it on a yacht ya? cool =) ever considered of holding it in the spore flyer? the cabin rental is abt $2k...

joyle_t

ah fRan>> same here, taking PS locally cos' I dun intend to have many albums, just need simple one for keepsake.

still deciding where to hold my ROM, but definitely not spending much on venue for ROM as I'm inviting quite a number of ppl for ROM. Spending more on food..

My friend held her ROM at S'pore Flyer VIP lounge.. the flyer can't fit my guests.. haha~

u held urs in flyer?

franfran

Joyle>> nope.. i had mine @ the registry =P we r collecting the cert frm them dat day & requested for "urgent registeration" due to some unforseen circumstances.. luckily they managed to squeezed us into the first slot.. thank god =)

Yup, i aso dun nid much albums.. few months down the road and they will ended up in the storeroom!! hahaha so no nid to spend so much on it..

carawong

Ger&mian: Gorgeous! can i have a look at your yacht photos march in? I'll post the link to my fb album once its out
happy.gif

j0yle_t : I think we can nego with the yacht co and see if they allow deposit. Some of the yachts are owned privately so they don't mind
happy.gif
Mine sets sail at One degree, sentosa and travels to Lazarus Island. I sure hope it doesn't rain.

Francesca: congrats!
happy.gif
at least u've already picked ur banquet..i'm still waiting for my MIL and FIL to give me the right date and their number of guests. i think if i will flip if I cannot get the hotel i want by the time they decide. LOL

franfran

CaraW>> We just fixed a few dates and went to check whether is it a good day for wedding then "TA LA" 25 Feb is the best... hehehehe...

Hmm prob u nid to decide roughly which month u would like to hold your wedding and start asking the hotels abt the details cos some months r beri popular for weddings and the venue may be snap up real fast...

joyle_t

mian / cara>> nice to have outdoorsy ROM... i'll just find a cheap venue, best dun need to pay and do up with deco.. i just dun feel like paying for venue. will be hiring 2 buffet, 1 halal and 1 not..

Cara>> probbly like what fRan said, u short-list a few with different criteria first, later easier to choose also...

carawong

Ger&mian: Added babe
happy.gif
u look so pretty OMG and so slim. Jealous max.

aH fRaN: i have 3 dates already because we went to suan ming then he gave us 3 dates thats appropriate for my SO and me :D

joyle_t: yaa a cheap ROM is great actually...dunno why im splurging also but I guess a "water wedding" was always part of my plan
happy.gif

thanks for the advise girls! will start shortlisting hotels!