(2008) Brides of year 2008

lsntyl

sotonglet>pmed you with the links.
happy.gif

Ya, cost of living is really ex these days. Not expecting any pay increase or bonus this year. Will be happy enough not to be retrenched.
sad.gif
Perils of working in private companies, I guess.

So far, I seldom get called Mrs or Mdm. Everyone just address me as normal. :p

nelle

My colleagues and I are grateful for a good bonus in Dec 2008.

Got things to do at work, happy already. Sigh...
Told my partner if the ofc close down/I kena layoff, I will be a h-o-u-s-e-w-i-f-e...hahaha... :p
He say, "Well, you can quit your job anytime what."
I said,"Really?!?!" I was so happy
Until he said,"You must lower your expectation, we cannot eat out lor, you cannot shop lor, no holidays for us lor..."

I think he has never seen newspaper fly so fast in his life, right onto his face before.
Hahahahahah................

lsntyl

Nelle>hee, my hubby also said something like that to me. But I'll rather work. Doesn't make sense as it means we'll effectively lose half our salary.
sad.gif

lilacbliss07

haven yet le.. still early.. keke.. planter by right is to grow plants... haha but i dun tin i have the time for plants so i will cover the hole with a plank...

yeah yeah *winkz*

sylmc

Eunice - I first saw my wedding photos on facebook also
happy.gif
Friends downloaded them the very next day. Hubby said to take 1 year for us to adjust to married life but I prefer to start a family early.

sootnglet - kekeke ur hubby so cutee! I wish my hubby is like him. Actually I also prefer to start family early.

happi_bride

cny coming.. wondering if there is any tradition/ rule that as a couple we need to buy anything for both our parents? like bak hwa, or hamper..?

rayrachel

Ivy> yes..thats why i say fast ma.. heheh.. anyway.. happy for her la..
happy.gif

Its always a good thing to be expecting as long as they wanted it..
happy.gif

Wah!! thats a good deal loh.. hehhe.. so good la.. u can buy new house again... but wasted ur first chance to buy the one u are staying now..
if know then shouldnt have bought it rite? hahaha..
happy.gif

Wah.... u can earn sooo much.. but u bought 5 years ago la.. its real good price loh.. clever investment..
happy.gif

fanny> there's no hard and fast rule abt it.. if u want to buy.. its good to buy.. they'll be happy to receive..
its just like courtesy and expectation i guess..
happy.gif

hamper not necessary la.. but bak kwa, pineapple tarts etc would be nice la.. show ur fillial piety..
happy.gif

flora_bliss

hahaha... to find that special one, I need all of your power. Must intro if you got nice guys up your rack. If not, I'll have to enrol myself at the SDU liao :p

nelle> If I ever get a chance to be Mrs, I'll still prefer to work. I'm quite a workaholic, I find joy in working. Of course, there's that nice reward on every pay day.

prov> not really leh. I was chatting with some frens and they are having quite a headache about the COV that home owners are asking. $40K for COV and reno, may not be very possible, even in today's context.

vivaliciousviv

~~rach
<font color="0000ff">icic...haaa, see her everywhere sial, pretty lanky model, w a great smile..haaa

Dun b afraid to try diff restaurants la...so many opportunities, WARAKU pasta &amp; DIning, their Dining Jap food really not bad from my hubby's point of view as he was a frequent flyer to japan in his ex-job, he tasted most best cuisine in JApan...he criticized alot local JAp restaurants' food in comparison to JPN, but gave thumbs ups for waraku, for me,as long is FOOD, got some taste n Fill me up, ok liao, haaaa....their NABE is not bad.. =D</font>

~~Ivy
<font color="aa00aa">i duno &amp; haven reserach on wat kinds of lasiks to go for as yet...as might need to do it for next Job/once &amp; for all get rid of myopia &amp; astigmatism...no more blur Glasses when havin HOT soup dishes, LOL...where u wanna go for it..?</font>

~~fanny
<font color="ff6000">i intend to buy either hamper or Bak Kwa or..?? as always i have been doin tt for the past 5 years....as a kind gesture. =D</font>

keer13

Hi Nec, your wedding sounds really interesting. I'm sure it will bring many beautiful memories for u &amp; ur hubby in time to come. For now, looking forward to your photos..

Hi Meimei, your photos looks great.. Wow, ur photographer is really gd.. May i know his rates so that I can reco my friend to him? Btw, looking forward to ur video. My friend who engage Ichiro as well for her wedding, her video clip is really cool. I'm sure urs will be as nice. :p

~sblbee~

florabliss,
no need our power, wif ur charm, im sure all d guys will flock to u....hehehe, smtimes love juz happens when u least expected :p
true lor, even when im looking at amk flats now, d evaluation n asking prices r so high, perhaps i'll reconsider my options again as i dun wana b heavily in debt :p

providencia

Flora, Sotong - Really ah? I must be still in last century.. ha ha. It's unbeliveable that our money is so small, 40K sounds like a lot to me.
happy.gif

Mei, continue looking, may find a fire sale when you least expect.. When's the next WIS?

Nelle, your flying newspaper made me laugh.

nelle

flora, SDU is not bad. Really. I was an SDS member. Went to many activities also, but that time (I was in my early twenties) I was not looking for a husband, just expanding my social network. Most men there are very, very polite, friendly, gentlemanly and easy to talk to.

I don't really dislike my work. To the disgust of all feminists, my lifelong wish is to be a housewife, seriously. Strange hor? Coming from me... :p

nelle

provi, all my partner's smart aleck comments and answers will get any object I am holding flying into his direction, or at very least, rolling of my eyes and ignore him. Of course, after years of practising, he is very good at ducking or ignoring me &amp; walk away.

msclaire

Like flora, I think i'm quite the workaholic too. Since coming back from honeymoon, has been quite nua at work cos no real project to work on. Finally yday evening i came up with some ideas to work on and now i feel like i found new meaning to me life mwahah. Cannot stand being idle.

Being modern housewife on the other hand, is anything but idle. If i had the money to retire early, i also wanna be housewife!

dodolet

I dun like to be a housewife, I will go too bored for lack of activities. I rather get some part time employment than to totally be a housewife, modern or traditional ^^. Also my love for money and luxury is stronger than my desire to be lepak.

I also think SDU is not tat bad lah.. There are good guys to be found too. ^^

Anyway where are we going on 16 jan ah... ^^"

annabella

Hihi,

I'm still here.... just back from honeymoon a few days ago...

I think the rest is busy with their work. Neverthless let's try to keep this thread going...

Any one planning for baby????
happy.gif

jolene428

yoyo morning :D

Jane, ur fren has more than one washing machine? Thk tonite i can reach earlier wor
happy.gif

by the way, i always like to organise networking sessions for my single frens... if ya have some single frens between 27-35yrs old... let me know.. Maybe we can organise 1 exclusively for the brides' frens :D hahaha...

necrosis

helllllooooo ladies...

yes yes, i will make it on 16th, after all nelle jie took the effort to org another outing yet again!!
thanks nelle jie!!! :D

wah, housewife ah? my in laws will be more than happy man. but i strongly object!!!!
lol.
i think i'll go out of my mind with bordem even tho the thought of unlimited gaming is quite tempting man. :p

mmm...i also wanna know when my pics will be out.
my friends also post on facebook liao but i havent even logged in to see. :p
busy at work lah!!!
*excuses excuses*

jac,
me wanna go S. africa also!!!
*Dreaming....*

nelle

Venue: TBA
Date: Fri 16 Jan 2009
Time: 7pm
1) fionachua
2) florabliss
3) Jac
4) LSnTYL
5) ^MeiLingG5^
6) msclaire
7) nec
8) nelle
9) providencia
10) SotongLet

Meiling's suggestion of TCC central is good. If it is relatively quiet, it will be great.

jolene428

jane: i like ur design wor!!

i think i gg to do the open concept kitchen like my brother lor.. his layout exactly like mine but his is 5room... so slightly bigger lor. I think gd thg abt the design is easy to place the dining table.. Actually got another layout is like urs but i m nt v creative lor so worried abt the placing of the dining table.. hahaha so decide to have the L-shape layout instead...

but bad thg is my storeroom eat into my living room lah... hahaha... but gd thg is, i dont need to drag the thgs across the room to my storeroom... :p

lsntyl

I confirm can't be housewife. Like having my own $ to spend on whatever I want. N I'll definitely be bored at home. :p

I went to a speed dating thingy with SDU once as I was curious. Got 1 guy tell me point blank that he was looking for a wife. V scary since I was only there for fun and the free ice-cream at the event. :p

necrosis

mei mei,
very nice pics!!!! :D

hi keer,
thanks! i'm sure all brides had gorgeous wedding memories
happy.gif

after all, must last a lifetime with these memories...
happy.gif

great new year too all...

ezvy

Fanny> Normally we will buy some gifts like Cookies, Bak Kua, mandarine oranges to give each side parents, just a yi shi only...

Viv> i dun wear specs normally, so no experience for blur specs when having hot soup..haha...I hate to wear specs. Occasionally my eyes will be uncomfortable i think because of my long wearing hours, during those days, feel like calling LSC to make appointment immediately..BTW, they have 12 mths interest free installment, so if financially can afford $200plus a mth still can consider...

Rach> Maybe can invite you all to my new hse when its ready coz it will be bigger..unlike my tiny house now, no space even for a 6pax dining table, we only have a tiny round dining table .....haha but now " ba zhi hai mei yi pie" dun know when will it be ready.....zai shuo ba...

lilacbliss07

hiya jolene.. ya my fren got more than 1.. how many u wan?? btw tonite i cant meet u le.. coz my fren cant pass me today.. he only can make it on fri.. i meet u on fri nite??

keke thanks.. i also want open kitchen concept.. but dining area very small so have to do it dat way... also my hse comes with built in kitchen.. so quite wasted to hack them all.. keke...

jolene428

ohhh.. ya lor, if built in then wasted leh...

hw come Park Central built later but will finish faster than mine? Mine was BTO last year lor!! Not fair! hahaha...

Kekeke, like mentioned, Friday is my Anniversary lahh... 9th yr anniversary with my HB so i collect on wkends instead
happy.gif

Thanks ger
happy.gif
U so nice!!!

Ehhh i not sure if got any fren want another one. But no need reserve for me, just sell away if got buyer
happy.gif

pinky81

Jane: Nice design you have! Did you use the room space from neighbouring room to build your build in wardrobe? I like that design, with all the clutters hidden behind the bed. Hee.. But hor.. the other room how?

Jolene: Will you be afraid that your kids will spoil your home decor? Somehow I duno why I got this fear leh.. all money spent down the drain.

To all: I shall look into my schedule first to see if I can attend the gathering for CNY. 31 Jan is my Bday so might be booked by weekends by my friends. =)

yvonne (baobei123): When will you be back from your honeymoon? =)

jo_vin

Jane, u used up the other 2 rooms, 1 for ur wardrobe and 1 for ur entertainment room? Erm... What if next time u got kids? U got ur pics alrdy? I want to c!

My PG also says he will be able to pass me my AD softcopy pics on Fri. He says I have 2200+ photos!! Faintz.. I dont know how im gg to choose 300 out for the 4R prints. N also how to upload all!!

Jolene, u all still celebrate the old anniversary? I tot now only need to celebrate the wedding anni? My hubby was saying our old date no need to celebrate liao. Haha..

I whr got shou4 qi2 good.. Anyway, i play blackjack dont like to be banker de. I only be player. Hehe..

Yvonne, when will u be coming back? I want to jio u for mj!! Haha..

jo_vin

This is my attendance. Gals, maybe this time we can go someone else's house. That time alrdy go Charmayne's house disturb her liao. Haha.. So change place this time round? If no other places, i dont mind my house. Hehe..

<center><table border=1><tr><td>
mime_msexcel.gif

Attendance.xls (24.1 k)</td></tr></table></center>

lilacbliss07

hihi jolene.. keke i dunno le.. i tin BTO is 5yrs issit... mine is 3yrs... but dun worry.. usually BTO finish earlier one.. keke... and yupz see u on Sat.. enjoy ur anniversary celebration!!! WOW u and hubby pa tor so long ar.. HEHEHE...

pinky81.. thank thanks... keke.. yupz i use part of the the adjacent room to become my walk in wardrobe.. coz my master bedroom no space le.. hehe... the other room use as display room so dun need so big space le.. hehe.. but my hubby against the idea coz he say wait very small not enough to display all our toys.. =P

jo_vin.. hmmm when got kids also they wun grow up so fast.. so for the time being put a baby cot in my master bedroom le.. hehe... when they grow big enough to have their own room.. den maybe convert 1 of the other room to child room or maybe by then i move hse le.. hahaha...

yupz yupz got my pics last nite... ya lor i got 1500+ photos!!! also need to choose 300pcs.. just managed to choose finish.. keke.. i tin i just upload the 300pcs dat chose le.. if not faint ar.. hahaha...

i also still got celebrate old anniversary le.. and rom anniversary.. we decide not to celebrate the customary anniversary... haha.. 1 yr so many celebrations my hubby was saying.. feb valentine's day.. apr my birthday and anniversary.. jul wedding anniversary.. oct hubby bday.. dec christmas day.. =P

lilacbliss07

oh ya the gathering u all nv reply is bring hubby along this time or wat?? i go where also anything.. can come my hubby's place too.. keke...

jo_vin

Jane, haha.. really alot of photos to choose right?

Icic, good life hor u! Got so many rooms and still got one room for entertainment! Dont forget to invite us to ur housewarming! Thou its still quite some time later, but i hope we'll stil b keeping in touch!

U also got celebrate old anni? Ya lor, my hubby also say so many things to celebrate. Then he say buy present also can buy until broke. Lol!

jolene428

morning!!!

ehhh.. ya lor, i think the old anniversary more meaning lor.. coz its THE day we got together mah :p heehee... Ehhh, we oso not celebration the customary lah...like said.. so many dates leh...

jane, urs not the worst, at least spread out over one yr lor... mine very jialat.. coz Nov-Feb itself alot of celebration liao...

2nov my customary, 10 dec my ROM, 25 Xmas, 9 jan my old anniversary, 23 jan my HB bd and 14 feb.. thn rest 1 mth and 28apr my birthday.. very scary rite?

kekeke so we usually more zhong4 shi4 the old anniversary ^^ then ROM anniversary last two yrs we were overseas lor, so counted as celebrate liao :p

ya lah, after the 5th or 6th yr then lost count liao...i cant even remember which yr give wat present lor... i only remember which are the presents i gave him and he gave me :p

then we become smart lah.. said buy a big present that represent a few celebrations lor or else broke sia... heehee..so if give 1 BIG one nw then vday and my bd the most just go eat. vice versa lor.. Hahaha anyway we buy every yr until nthg else to buy liao so will ask each other wat we need lor :p hahaha...

my HB said he can sponsor 50% of my braces if i doing tonite as the 1 whole yr present.hahaha i still thkg worth it or nt :p

yea yeah, 9 yrs frm tmr ^^ Coz we knw each other since after As mah.. then he NS 2yrs + he did honours so end up got to wait extra yrs lor. But he very nice, when he get into NIE after he grad, he proposed to me lor. Then we saved 2 more yrs to have customary :p thats why so long lah!

i think i m the oldest here leh.. sianz hahaha...

jolene428

pinky81: yaya! I abit worried about the kids plan lah...

at first i tot can save one as baby room. Then my HB said he wan a study cum game room. For me, i may do classes using the other room lor. And can display my retail items there oso for ppl to buy and browse :p So duno where to put my baby! hahaha... I think my KTV set can combine with my HB game system...:p hehehe...

but i thk jane is right! if i eventually will sell away the hse then no need kid room lor :p hahaha.. but i dont like the idea baby slp w us oso. I wan the baby to be independent after 1 yr old.. and ownself slp or else hw to have chance to make 2nd baby? Hahaha........

waxie24

yl> i actually give $$ to my mom every mth.. so i think maybe will give her a few hundreds for CNY (+ her birthday falls in Jan)..

angbao for the younger one.. my hubby say according to the family angbao trend.. like if ppl give 10 to us last time, we cannot give 4 like that lor..

my friend did lasik (with blade) last yr at SGH eye clinic.. 3K+ inclusive all the medication, operation.. she only regret is tat she shld have done earlier.. another friend of mine did her in US for SGD 2K+ i think

~sblbee~

annabella,
hi there, how was ur korea trip? nope, im not planning for a bb until 2-3 yrs later :p

polarwhite,
hi there, im fine but busy wif work :p oh yes, u were saying dat u r going to japan in mar/apr rite? heheheh.....so gd, can see sakura :p

lsntyl

waxie>so coincidental! My mom's birthday also fall in Jan. I also every month got give her $. Went up quite a bit after hubby moved in my side. But thinking after married, need to give extra angbao to her. But still donno how much is a good number...
happy.gif

flora_bliss

I'm ok with TCC central. Alternatively we can oso consider

*Kyo-Nichi Ramen (Marina Square or China Square Central)

*Seah Street Deli (Raffles Hotel)

*Guofu Steamboat (China Square Central)

I don't mind joining the SDU activities. They seem fun. But got phobia coz a lot of my frens (who joined) that the people there seems a little weird weird. But maybe they experienced what LSnTYL had.

msclaire

i heard u can view the pics of the pple attending certain activities before going for the event. maybe tat gives other the sense whether they look potentially weird....