(2008) Brides of year 2008

luckiechako

stay- cant only listen to MIL, my mom might not be happy bout it.... HTB is hokkien, i'm a cantonese.... mummy keen to follow HK traditions.....

luckiechako

YVONNE- aiyah.... no nid to fume over it lah.... thou the dates are close.....
now i'm picking up all the little stuffs here & there.....

baobei123

hmm... cos she ask stupid question..
like questioning fan ren
y i dye red.
did i do treatment.
wat the reason.
u dye hair arhhh...

ya but i feel mine is too close. my friend GDL all 2 week b4 but mine 5 days...

stay

luckiechako (luckiechako): oops... its tough on u to try and make both parties happy. hope everything turns out well!
hmm... will probably go for neo garden then since its still ok based on most ppls' reviews.

stay

yvonne (baobei123) : dun let those weird colleagues put u off... must keep a happy mind n soul from now till ur big day! such ppl are just too bored and got nothing else to talk abt!

Vivi and Happiness,
I'm fearful cos I'm considered hairy from head to toe haha. Yeah, my friend who had done BW said that her menses periods are cleaner for her now.
happy.gif

This Sat, I must watch American pie 5 to destress destress from my work. I like comedies!

jolene428

haha paiseh... i mean put beneath the mattress for the An Chuang.. not under the bed wor :p coz u need to sleep on the da yuan xiao yuan!

kellyduffy

hello all,

so many posts in one morning.. hahaha.. i got confused who is who liao.. sorry if i call wrong person.. hee..

yvonne and luckiechako: my GDL was on Tues, but i didnt move the dowry part over. intend to bring only tomorrow or on Sunday.. haven packed and tie ribbon yet... whhaha..

jolene: thanks for your advice! so good to have you...

Stay: i told my htb, i would leave the speech to him.. i scared i get too emotional also.. dun know why... these few days more emotional also.. maybe more stress and so keep having conflicts with HTB.. over the smallest things even..

my AD is 15th, same as rommie,blanqq, deedee and a few others.. how are you gals?

jolene428

yaaaa yvonne, dont care abt those ppl lah! its ur wedding wat, wats it has to do with them.. aiyohh!!!

luckiechako: ahhhh... like that v tough lehh.. anyway who is coming with ur HB for GDL? if ur MIL nt coming along,u can come out wat... as long as ur HB doesnt tell her :p u at ur hse for GDL, ur MIL wont knw wat happen :p And like stay said... both sides must be happy is the best lor! Jiayou!!!

Ohhh ya, someone asked whether can GDL in evening? well.. i thk it depends.. i didnt realy choose the timing.. i just choose the date frm the list of good dates frm the master. And my mum wants 8am coz she said she wana go dsitribute the cards and cakes after GDL... if start too late, then they cannot finish distributing the cakes lor..and cakes normally last 3 days only...

jolene428

wow.. next weekend alot of brides wor!!!

keke.. relax relax.. dont be stress kelly..everythg will be fine de... tt time i oso like tt... hv more arguments within tt few mths with my HB than i ever had for the 8yrs we been together... haha... then he was like so shocked why i become so diff...

i thk when we are concern abt the wedding, we become agitated easily..but hor, must remember wats impt is spending the rest of ur life with someone u love and wedding is just a day... so dont let the stress on the one day ruin the many many days u gg to spend together with him after the one day of wedding ^^

jiayou BTBs!!! for urgent matters, sms me at 92470202 kk? i see if i can help ya in anyway
happy.gif

vivaliciousviv

<font color="119911">~~green</font>
<font color="aa00aa">heee....yup, feel free, feel clean and fresh! but the theraphist asked me whtr we chinese can have all off there as she heard pple gt say traditional chinese pple dun wan gals who NO hair dwn there...my mum also gt told me b4 but i forgot wats the reason, anyone can recall? they call "WHITE tiger" haa...forgot..but anyway, in this modern world, who really bothers..our in laws wont check our there wat..LOL</font>

<font color="0000ff">American Pie 5 i watch from downloaded sources in my hubby's lappy..LOL

i felt if u wanna catch Movie, TROPIC THUNDER, starring Ben Stiller and the Handsome IRON man guy, also have tom cruise (i doubt u can recognise him at 1st glance, watch w ur hubby, will have u both i stitches! i swear! =D</font>

vivaliciousviv

818174.jpg

<font color="ff0000">time to laugh your heads off!!</font>
<font color="0000ff">Starring: Ben Stiller, Jack Black, Robert Downey, Brandon T. Jackson

Starring: Ben Stiller, Jack Black, Robert Downey, Brandon T. Jackson, Jay Baruchel, Danny McBride, Steve Coogan, Bill Hader, Nick Nolte, Matthew McConaughey, Tom Cruise

Director: Ben Stiller</font>

<font color="ff6000">Synopsis: When the box office champ Ben Stiller's comedic performances aren't a variation on a soft-spoken, put-upon everyman with an eventual fuse, he's usually playing a full-blown absurdist monster with an apoplectic Napoleon complex. These... When the box office champ Ben Stiller's comedic performances aren't a variation on a soft-spoken, put-upon everyman with an eventual fuse, he's usually playing a full-blown absurdist monster with an apoplectic Napoleon complex. These bizarre creations usually adorn films in which the funnyman provides the supporting work (DODGEBALL, HEAVYWEIGHTS), but, whenever he's directing, he's free to build an entire filmic universe around his asinine, ludicrously funny, culture-skewering characters and premises. His ZOOLANDER (2001) bit at the entertainment industry with silly abandon, but Stiller has firmly set TROPIC THUNDER within the realm of sophisticated Hollywood satire. In it, a desperate director named Damien Cockburn (Steve Coogan) trying to make a Vietnam war movie drops his pampered actors into the heart of the jungle. Cockburn's stars include Stiller as an action hero who's starting to make bad career choices, Jack Black as an insecure low-brow comedy star going through heroin withdrawals, and Robert Downey Jr. as an Australian Oscar winner so lost in his "craft" he underwent a procedure to become black for his role. In the jungle, they remain under the delusion that they are still being filmed even after they encounter a dangerous gang of druglords. The film's basic premise has popped up several times since Hollywood's 1970s golden age in films such as THREE AMIGOS! and GALAXY QUEST. Where those films simply blanketed a classic Overconfident Bumbling Idiot comedy showcase with a pop culture lexicon, however, TROPIC THUNDER could have only been made, as on-the-nose at is, by people who have been working in the Hollywood system for years, making cutting observations along the way. Simply put, this raucous satire knows big-budget filmmaking, the delusional narcissism of actors, and even the good points of those actors--perhaps why they're celebrated--like the back of its hand. </font>

luckiechako

kelly - wat is req on GDL???

all gals - my MIL &amp; HB not coming leh.... only the matchmaker &amp; 3 others to bring the stuffs over.....now i'm fretting over it!!!!!

popeye_gal

jolene428,

like to ask you.. for GDL, the ang bao gave to my family ah.. just give to mother, brother or sister only ah? father no need mei? th wine can replace the ang bao mei?

baobei123

wow jolene

u even leave ur HP no for contact.. so nice of u.. me too leh very serious mood swing...

but now very lazy to work.. like looking forward to my leave... juz went for lunch wif GM.. ai yo everytime go eat wif him and other colleague eat hao liao and tonight got BBQ wif my hubby's family got to pre celebrate my hubby's bday cos his bday fall on our wedding... then eat eat oily and unhealthly food i think i wont eat dinner tonight liao.. scared later bcome fat and pimple pop out..

happi_bride

i watched leow...was really funny... quite good
happy.gif

anyone catched the james bond quantum of solace? good a not? thinking of watching it this wkend.

jolene428

keke.. leave hp in case i dont logon on wkends mah
happy.gif
hee :D so i m always available lah :D

ahhh its like tt one... tt time i oso mood swing... can work half way then cry and cry.. colleagues said maybe got pre-wedding depression... best is faster take leave and have ample rest and dun thk so much!

pamper urself !!!

wahhh BBQ food!!! yummy..i oso want :p i help u eat :p heehee...

i tryg nt to overeat nw :p heehee...or else watever i shed will grow up :p somemore i got a japan trip ahead! aiyohhh..i alwys grow fat during tour.. coz overeat!!

ahnetsan

hi all gals,

it's been such a looooong time since i logged in... hmmm, haven been following the thread, so basically dunno wat's the talk abt nw...

anyway, i hope everyone is happy being married!!!!!!

me nt been feeling well for the past month.... very sianz....

stay

hey gals, wanna ask u something; do u leave a seat during the banquet for the MUA (coz i need her to stay for my evening gown make up), PG and VG?

jolene428

popeye_gal: for bride to groom must give the shoes angbaos is for the parents and ah ma and ah gong (if they are still ard) and the towel angbaos is for the siblings.

if teochew bride then must give 1 angbao for buying land and 1 angbao for birthday.

ehhh... the martell cannot use angbao lah... not nice lehh....and martell is groom give bride. Bride give groom orange syrup.

jolene428

Stay: i didnt leave seat for my PG coz i dont thk he has time to eat!!! aiyoh.. and MUA i dont thk she has time to eat oso coz after 2nd dish got to makeup liao rite? Got time meh ah? wow... must makeup damn fast leh...

jolene428

HUH? GDL thought ur HB must come with the matchmaker? weird lehhh...

mine is coz we dont wan the matchmaker so just my HB and his two good frens come.. See my multiply for GDL pic
happy.gif

stay

yah, that's wat i thot, but like not very nice if dun leave seat for them? but leave for them then surely waste coz they dun have much time to eat. so confused...

luckiechako

jolene - huh??? but i got matchmaker so HB not coming.... tats oso wat my MIL say.....

No, i don always go jap... juz went to Tokyo.... shopping best!!! Fancl, Kose, Shishedo &amp; all Jap products very cheap!!!! Almost half price!!!!

Bog alot of stuff!!!!

jolene428

kekeke muackz muackz u all too :D

jiayou jiayou!!!

woooooo luckiechako, if this is wat ur MIL wants then ok lor ^^ but then normally HB will go de
happy.gif

keke wahhh i gg to stock up my fancl prodts and the tensed up then :p hehe... and i wan buy SK2!!! in japan is it cheaper?

stay

jolene: i was told that sk2 isnt much cheaper in japan. i think sg airport is very cheap already. but must buy from departure hall, no gst.

luckiechako

jolene - tink most jap products are much cheaper than s'pore..... i bog mostly Fancl, Kose, Shishedo products.... but u muz buy frm those pharmacy stores.... dozens of them along the streets.... if u buy frm shopping centres, its XXXX!!!!

baobei123

for me my an chuan .. i think my hubby and my MIL do ... cos it is one day b4 so i am unable to see the process...

one day b4 cant see each other..

cookie23

Mindy > Hihi, my GDL is on 29 Nov. Ordered 22 boxes online from Sweet Moments. They also advised me to take a round butter cake cos that can last me for 3 days. Those traditional cakes with cream have to consume on the same day which is mission impossible for us cos we're getting the cakes 1 day before the GDL as we need to deliver the cakes to my place at 7am (auspicious timing). Sigh dunno who she can give 20 boxes to cos we only need to return 2 boxes to my bf's side.

jolene428

orhh keke... i at first oso wanted not to see my HB the day before but then.. coz my WG dryclean until 1 nov so no choice got to go pickup my WG. So in the morning i An Chuang for him then, go fo mani pedi thn collect WG the corsages and car ribbons for my jiemeis oso ^^ And my HB came and take the hand bouquet from me.

Ok la..i thk one day before never meet v stressful coz may need to go thr the checklist lor :p

but up to individuals
happy.gif

popeye_gal

jolene,

so you mean that, groom should give ang bao to all parents &amp; ah ma,ah gong, brother and sister of bride right?
my HB said that they ask other ppl that father no need ang bao. just the martell can liao..
i was thinking like not fair ne.. all have ang bao but my dad dun't..

will take note of the bride's side hv to give to groom two ang bao only right? what other thing needed?

jolene428

ehhhh... i thk i gave angbaos to all lehhh... weird...give lah.. if nt weird...

bride side give groom two angbaos...if u wan can give one more to buy shoes... tt one is optional..

other thgs are the basin set, the teaset, the bedlights, 2 pyjamas+towels for bride and groom, cloth shoes for bride and groom, the shen2 tai2 cloth, mini clogs, musical box, chao3 tou2.. and da yuan xiao yuan...

chao3 tou2 u put it under the bed together with one packet of da yuan xiao yuan. the shen2 tai2 cloth only lay out on wedding day.

jolene428

is the groom giving u the peanut and sesame biscuit?

oh ya, one more thg, bride must give groom dry orange and dry longan.. groom to bring back and pray half of both items.. the other half pray on wedding day.

kellyduffy

jolene: thanks..you are so nice..hee.. you are right..must bear in mind what is important actually.. then manage my expectations ba..

luckiechako: for my case, GDL my htb bring cakes, liquor, oranges, SDJ and ang pows. he came alone.. cos is weekday, we dun wan too troublesome also.. my side, we return portion of cakes (2box) , oranges, bottled orange juice and ang pows. Any other things required, will depend on your mummy and the family tradition liao..

different people do things differently.. so if the elders say what they want to do liao, then try to let her ba.. take things easy..dun feel stress.

Stay: i think we will leave seats for the PG and VG. my MUA not staying..

popeye_gal

ooo..
The Numbers of dry orange &amp; dry longan.. is ahga ahga wan right?

what the peanut &amp; sesame biscuit mean ah? mummy did't ask from them this items.

luckiechako

Kelly- im worried bout wat my side shld do or buy for GDL.... i only got 2 bottles of orange juice,oranges &amp; towels..... was told to take half of the GDL items and rtn to my IL.
im a cantonese so my mom wans Hai Wei (Seafood) like abalone, dried scallops, dried oysters &amp; mushrooms.... wat i noe frm my HB tt they will bring Hai Wei, SDJ, Pin Jin,Canned Pig Trotters, Oranges,16 boxes of cakes,2 liquors....

jolene428

ehhh popeye_gal: buy 1 packet de.. so no need to count!

ehhh that biscuit i think can buy in tradition wedding cake shop.. i duno wat they call in chinese.. i only see ppl use them to pray... they come in sticks... sesame favour and peanut favour.. v yummy one!!!

kelly: u all never give the basin wor?! act. if u dont wan can dont give lah..my mum want so we give the groom lor... take up alot of space..nw the basin at the top shelf of my wardrobe :p

wahhh ur HB so strong, can ownself carry so many thgs? hw many boxes of cakes u have? my HB came with two frens coz i got 28 boxes of cakes...